Seed of Corruption usage

How should I be using it?
    Spam it, and then it adds the explosions, or I must detonate previous one before casting the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    How should I be using it?
    Spam it, and then it adds the explosions, or I must detonate previous one before casting the next one?
    That depends. If you're playing WiA/AC/sow, you typically spam it on 3 or more targets while maintaining agony. If you're not playing sow (i.e. Host), use it on 3+ targets to apply corruption and refresh, as with GCD 3 is about the breaking point for applying corruption. The explosion damage isn't as much as casting UA's, when you aren't playing sow.

I'm pretty sure you have to detonate the previous one before you can trigger another explosion, but it requires so little damage with artifact talents that pretty much any DoT effect will be exploding your seeds faster than you can spam them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to detonate the previous one before you can trigger another explosion, but it requires so little damage with artifact talents that pretty much any DoT effect will be exploding your seeds faster than you can spam them.
    That's right, it needs to explode, otherwise you just reset the DoT.

Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    That's right, it needs to explode, otherwise you just reset the DoT.
    Seed isn't a DoT, it won't do any damage until it explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Seed isn't a DoT, it won't do any damage until it explodes.
    uh.... it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    uh.... it isn't?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=27243/seed-of-corruption

If that's the current version then, as worded, it either blows up after a set amount of time, it blows up when hit by others seeds blowing up, or when the target takes enough damage. It's never really been treated as or considered a DoT, in my experience -- more like a debuff.

Of course, if you're going to be spamming it, you need to be switching targets or ensuring that your DoTs are triggering it before your next cast lands, otherwise it just gets overwritten.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

A nice change they've made is that you can spam it without tab targetting. If you cast seed on a target with seed and another target within 8yds doesn't have seed it will go to that target instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    uh.... it isn't?
    You're right, I didn't notice that, the DoT use to do damage, but now doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    A nice change they've made is that you can spam it without tab targetting. If you cast seed on a target with seed and another target within 8yds doesn't have seed it will go to that target instead.
    I just tried that, didn't realise it does that, very handy!

When did seed ever deal damage before exploding? I sure can´t remember such a time.