Argus - how to fix the to dark issue?

Any suggestions? God forbid you play this game in sunlight...you cant see anything on Argus. Its the only zone that sunlight effects ....i know this sounds weird but the rest of wow I have no issue...i dont play in basement and i dont want to be changing my settings everything i go to this zone. It was that bad yesterday i just ignore Argus until the sun set.....

Haven't had this problem. Best option would be to compare screenshots, but I am fairly certain it will be your monitor.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Not experienced this much, and when I have, it has been due to sunlight on the screen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Haven't had this problem. Best option would be to compare screenshots, but I am fairly certain it will be your monitor.
    It could be but Argus is the only place i cannot see. I dont even notice the glare anywhere else in the game.

Come on guys. You have to admit Argus is dark.

Yes, it's hard to play in daylight. Gamma adjustments will help a bit, but OP, the darkness is definitely intended. Upwards of 80% of the textures are black and dark grey, and the environment lacks ambient lighting in order to accommodate the dark/space skybox. In other words, it's constantly night on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Adjust your in-game gamma settings.
    and then when i change zones i have to adjust it again....looking for a non-annoying fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post

Yes, it's hard to play in daylight. Gamma adjustments will help a bit, but OP, the darkness is definitely intended. Upwards of 80% of the textures are black and dark grey, and the environment lacks ambient lighting in order to accommodate the dark/space skybox. In other words, it's constantly night on Argus.
    Intended? We all watch those movies that are filmed in night for the "night look". There shit. Its like old school style. It doesn't have to be "dark" for it to always be "dark and gloomy".

but thank you...the issue is the skybox never thought about that.

games will have areas both light and dark. it is not anyones problem but you own on how the lighting is around your computer

you dont, because it's awesome!

It's dark, but it's not darker than say... Isle of Thunder, Deepholm, Azjol Nerub or Outland Shadowmoon Valley.

WoW barely uses its skybox lighting effects, they keep everything similarly bright to avoid annoying people. So while the terrain is painted in a dark brown and dark gray pallete, the actual zone is bright, and visibility isn't limited at all.

The worst is the flat color palette masking terrain features that either block travel or cause you to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's dark, but it's not darker than say... Isle of Thunder, Deepholm, Azjol Nerub or Outland Shadowmoon Valley.

WoW barely uses its skybox lighting effects, they keep everything similarly bright to avoid annoying people. So while the terrain is painted in a dark brown and dark gray pallete, the actual zone is bright, and visibility isn't limited at all.
    I never said it was darker than those zones. I said it was a dark zone, and that it was hard to play in daylight (which is true). Shadowmoon Valley is hard to play in daylight as well. Isle of Thunder, Deepholm and Azjol-Nerub all have high contrast palettes with many different colours that help differentiate various parts of the environment. Argus is not like that, having a palette consisting mostly of dark brown, grey and green, like you said yourself.

Also, the skybox most certainly has a huge impact on lighting. Try zoning between Elwynn and Duskwood and see if they are 'similarly' bright. Blizzard strives to have each zone's lighting match the skybox, so terrain and sky blend seamlessly near the horizon.

I never said it was darker than those zones. I said it was a dark zone, and that it was hard to play in daylight (which is true). Shadowmoon Valley is hard to play in daylight as well. Isle of Thunder, Deepholm and Azjol-Nerub all have high contrast palettes with many different colours that help differentiate various parts of the environment. Argus is not like that, having a palette consisting mostly of dark brown, grey and green, like you said yourself.

Also, the skybox most certainly has a huge impact on lighting. Try zoning between Elwynn and Duskwood and see if they are 'similarly' bright. Blizzard strives to have each zone's lighting match the skybox, so terrain and sky blend seamlessly near the horizon.
    Mac'Aree was a lot better. Those other two zones lighting is pure garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    More basements needed for WoW players!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

I was wondering why every zone were so bright, even at night or when the place is named Darkshire or Shadowmoon valley. The OP is why.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads