Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    after 3 long try, i done it, damn , must be satan who made this maze;p
    1st time : running like a mad monkey dont help
    2nd time: trying to do map without knowing how to make it with all the tp is difficult
    third time: have read the strategy how to make map from it and done it !

how the hell u do the aq40 part??

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    you keep on playing the game untill you get enough points. dunno how much is that tho

- - - Updated - - -

for anyone on maze 1 small advice. use pen and paper and map the maze with all the orbs and runes. then backtrack. took me 2 hours without any addon just a piece of paper. if you wanna go back to the start just relog fast. dont HS or teleport just log out and log in and you're back to start

Puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Super useful tips:
    -The C'thun minigame requires you to put 5 Yogg brains in a row. Do that and you win. You win only by doing that.
    -Do not map the labyrinth. Run straight, and if the uppermost exit is covered with rubble, go right. If both are covered, go to the only exit left. If you feel like you're finding the same rooms over and over, break the sequence.
    Not useful at all... please stop spreading lies. On discord we figured out long ago that 5 brains is not the winning position, its just a meme. Even i tested that and it didnt work... just play it like any bejeweled and at some point youll finish it.

The maze is easiest if you map it. If you are lost move any direction and map it until you see its similarity to what you mapped before... then just try follow map to find a mark. When you find it you are back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Not useful at all... please stop spreading lies. On discord we figured out long ago that 5 brains is not the winning position, its just a meme. Even i tested that and it didnt work... just play it like any bejeweled and at some point youll finish it.

The maze is easiest if you map it. If you are lost move any direction and map it until you see its similarity to what you mapped before... then just try follow map to find a mark. When you find it you are back on track.
    Been playing that bejeweled thing for an hiur and nothing.. Just gived up, maybe later i try it (cthun has to be spawned? Since he was killed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    "The Secret Finding Discord has discovered".
    They did discovered nothing, let's stop pretending, the truth is like Kosumoth and like EVERY similar puzzle, they had heay clues from the devs.
    Simply look at all the tasks you need to do, NO ONE has sense, NO ONE has link to each other, exactly like the Kosumoth puzzle, please, stop pretending they hard work to find the answer when EVERY single step of the puzzle has NOTHING to do with the next, and EVERY step is 100% NON-SENSE and isn't even related to the puzzle itself.

It's remind me of a time hen i was on a private realm who organized regular events with riddles, enigmas and treasure hunting. EVERY time, it was the same 4 people who were finding the solution, hours before every other (and there was many people who participated), every time they claimed they had to work hard to find the answer.
    You want to know the truth? In fact, those 4 people were close friends of the co-organisator, and he was giving them all the answers before the event were officialy set, when the event was launched, they had just to sit and wait, then, head straight to the place were the treasure was, the only difficulty was to wait enough time so the other people didn't suspect they were cheating.

The "Secret Discord" is exactly like this: they already know the answer, because the dev told them, they didn't find anything, they just lie by pretending they work hard, in fact, they knew from the very beginning what to do and in what order.
    haha, wow, someone is extremely salty because he isn't smart!

Please do tell how the clues are not leading to the next puzzle. Will be an interesting read for sure.

I highly recommend everyone to get the addon "Lucid Nightmare helper". It automatically maps your progress in the Maze and you can color the squares in case you run into a rune but don't have the orb. Took me around an hour to get all the orbs to the correct runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post

I'm not spreading lies. I won right after putting 5 brains in a row, and I'm 100% sure of that because I'd been trying for 10 minutes. The moment it happened I won. Maybe I should specify they were located horizontally.
    I tried to map the maze and ended up frustrated, so I started following the tactic I wrote and I was out of there in about 1 hour.

It's usually the stuff Blizzard don't have to do that I love the most in WoW, such as the crazy mount puzzles like this.

haven't done it yet, something to chew on when i need to kill some time. Love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post
    For some reason the consoles in Gnomeregan are not clickable for me, there are no instructions on the wall above either. Any ideas why?
    Means u didnt do or complete the previous part.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    either just continue playing till it disappears or (which is faster) just try to put up 5 brains in a row.

Formerly known as Arafal

So I have to say, that the maze map helper add on.....DID NOT help me. It couldn't detect when you teleport looped, and instead made it a whole new room, which only confused me more. When I had tried it the first time, I got overwhelmed, confused and lost and I feel the addon only added to my stress. (this is my experience. Others may find the addon helpful). So I gave up after an hour and a half of feeling like I was going in circles.
    Yesterday, boyfriend helped me. I shared screen with him via skype, he had graph paper and mapped out my paths for me. (He loves maps and making them, so he was more than happy to help my stupid, overwhelmed butt ;-; )
    So we took it slow and calmly, going to each room, seeing what was blocked and which directions were open, and we figured out where there was teleport loops, and so on.
    We would mainly go into a south to north path until we couldn't and went the only way open, and so on. Eventually got the whole map mapped out, dead ends, loops, teleport loops and all. At that point, he didn't even need to look at my screen and could tell me which ways to turn (N, S, E, W) just by looking at his graph map and we completed the runes smoothly from there. Starting at the orbs farthest from their rune and going to the last one which was only a couple rooms away.
    So for me, we found using paper, pen and color pencils to be more efficient than the addon.
    Total time, it took us about 2 and a half to 3 hours. But we were slow moving, as well as being completion perfectionist and wanted to have the whole thing mapped out, even if we knew where all the orbs and runes were haha. So it may have only taken at max 2ish hours if we weren't being so cautious and wanting to figure out the whole map layout.

And YES the map DOES completely reset if you hearth and log off and come back hours later.
    Cause my first attempt, I started at about midnight left around 1:44 am with having (stupidly and not realizing) completed one rune. I had combined the red orb and rune on my first attempt before I realized I had made a terrible mistake with that. And when I went back to the map with the bf, it was 11pm the following day, and everything was reset, even the red orb and rune.

In Endless Halls I've done 4 runes and was looking for the last orb with rune on map (using helper). Suddenly I find two runes I've already done. Was in the halls for like 2 hours or so. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    In Endless Halls I've done 4 runes and was looking for the last orb with rune on map (using helper). Suddenly I find two runes I've already done. Was in the halls for like 2 hours or so. What gives?
    when I first started the maze, I was in a room with the blue orb, took the orb, ran around mapping things out. I then came to the altar and clicked it. During that time, I failed to record what rooms those were in. After that, the orb and altar room looked like every other room.

Until about 2 hours that is, then magically all of the altars that I had activated came back (not the orbs) so I was able to add them as frame of references. I then worked on the last two colors and finished the maze. So after a while, the altar colors do come back.

- - - Updated - - -

For the AQ40 part, I was in a group with a friend, I started before him and was playing it for 10-15 minutes. He comes in, starts it up and gets a 5 in a row (not sure if it was brains or not) and gets the note. I keep playing, and get a different 5 in a row and it did nothing. Eventually, I kept playing and make an L (3 vertical, 3 horizontal, but different "jewels") and it popped and I got the note.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    Some fools in general chat will try to convince you that you NEVER did the runes cuz you apparently have memory problems and eyesight issues. Disregard them, the runes respawn but your progress is saved anyway, you don't need to match them to an orb again.

Quote Originally Posted by GathOfBaal View Post
    when I first started the maze, I was in a room with the blue orb, took the orb, ran around mapping things out. I then came to the altar and clicked it. During that time, I failed to record what rooms those were in. After that, the orb and altar room looked like every other room.

Until about 2 hours that is, then magically all of the altars that I had activated came back (not the orbs) so I was able to add them as frame of references. I then worked on the last two colors and finished the maze. So after a while, the altar colors do come back.
    Oh god.....

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Some fools in general chat will try to convince you that you NEVER did the runes cuz you apparently have memory problems and eyesight issues. Disregard them, the runes respawn but your progress is saved anyway, you don't need to match them to an orb again.
    I'd hope so because I can't find any orbes anymore.

Almost gave up doing the maze. First run took 5-6 hours running around with helper map. Logged off a while to go eat, came back and had to restart, did it fresh in about two hours. It's very RNG whether you get a good maze or not, so if you're stuck a while it's not a bad idea to reset it.

Deleted
    Can anyone advise if the addon is good for this maze?

I am pretty pumped to try it once I am back from work in a bit, I am considering getting a square paper notepad on my way back haha!

I do love mazes me.

yep don't worry, the altars do not need to be activated again. When I activated the last altar and left the room, I was ported to the final room even though all the other altars were lit up again.

I think it is Blizz saying, we know you have been here a while, here is a little help.

- - - Updated - - -

I did pencil and paper (remember pencil, you can erase that...) But realize it is not just a two dimensional maze, it has levels, so I had to use multiple pieces of paper to help figure some things out. The map helper doesn't work with that, but it at least helps with some stuff. I had fun with colored pencils and what not to point from one door to another being things didn't line up right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Can anyone advise if the addon is good for this maze?

I am pretty pumped to try it once I am back from work in a bit, I am considering getting a square paper notepad on my way back haha!

I do love mazes me.
    The mapping itself is terrible, but it basically records every "step" you make with increasing room numbers, so it is good to backtrack. DO NOT use it in the following way "well, the yellow rune room is to the left from here, I am gonna start turning left whenever I can" cuz you'll just get lost and that mapping makes no sense, doesn't take floors into account, etc. Literally walk your way back from room 631 to 630 to 629... all the way to 324 if necessary. It's the only real use for the addon.