10+ Year Old Account
    Won 4, lost 6, pretty much only played Widow, placed 2003, less than 20SR below where I finished last season. Matches were just awful to a one, I don't know why they bother with placements at all, there's nothing about them that's encouraging or makes competitive seem like fun. They were all loaded with smurf accounts with no history, so the imbalance was just absurd. Just glad to have them out the way anyway.

Every match I got shit for picking Widow too, it's a fucking meme.

Ended up 2300.

Pushed to >2500 and then hit a loss streak.

After 5 matches (including wins) where my SR was <2500 it stripped me of the Platinum badge and put me back on Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    While that's true, you also suggest you're swapping characters and roles a lot. That can cause issues, if you're not equally "good" with each of them, even if it's a better comp choice for your team. Every time I swapped out of support last season, my ratings gains/losses suffered for it, even if we won. All that focus on Zenyatta has made me much better with Zen than other heroes, so my performance peaks there.

This can easily explain an 18-point win one round and a 28-point win the next.

Team comp "matters" in that a bad comp will lead to you losing, and some comps favor certain heroes giving you an easier chance to shine, but that's about it. It's more tricky for DPS mains than support, since there's just not many support options and they're all pretty decent all the time.
    True, but I only swapped 2 games, and the point disparity isn't just from those 2. Hell, I just played a losing game and I lost 5 points...5! I've never seen that happen before. Solo healed round 1 as Lucio, 2nd round someone wanted to help...no idea why really. We lost both points, but both were in over time, and I put most of that on our Pharah that kept dying every time she overextended.
    Then had another game where I actually played better than that one, but we still lost, and it dropped me 25 points.
    I'm not arguing with you, I know personal performance is a big part of it, but with Blizzard hiding things (with good reason I guess) it definitely feels like there are parts to it that are just as big as personal performance.

I'm at Dragoncon and they have some really cool cosplay including a 76 with a light up visor and a Diva in a mech that has hidden wheels and drives down the street in the parade.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Today I hit a pretty good win streak. Started the day at 3210 and got up to 3411, playing against a mix of masters and high diamond players which i could definitely tell the difference in gameplay, compared to low/mid diamond. then lost 2 in a row and dropped to 3360.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I'm really getting a bit angry about overwatch. I won 7 of 10 placement matches and got a start rating 900 points below my last rating in S5 and I had the feeling that I had like 2-4 gold medals each round.

Guess I turned from being a casual Gold player to bronce in just 3 days without overwatch. There is people at my rating now that take the fun out of every game. I like communicating informations, useful for the team. But I decided now to leave the Voice-Chat till I hit Gold again. It's not the number or medal that interests me. It's the people I like to play with. Playing without voice is just no fun. I want people to tell things like 'xxx is nearly down', 'care there is phara above'.

I'm tired of people mostly 15 years younger than me screaming in high pitched or/and psychopathic voices that 2-2-2 is the ONLY way to win a match, that Widowmaker never works, that ana never works, that we need a Reinhardt even when there is no hero that makes use of him, that I need to make my Zenyatta Orb heal faster.

Sadly I only have one month this season where I can put enough time into ow.

Guess I either start searching for a team or just swap the game, since solo queue obviously isn't for me.

Been sitting in the 2200-2300 range since placements ended, can't seem to escape the 3 damage dealer comps. About 80% of the games I play my team is running that setup. I wouldn't mind so much, but some of the games I'm tied or winning on elims as Lucio. Not enough to be extremely upset, but I think it's more about having 3 damage and yet they aren't getting many kills.
    No real gripes though other than that for the last day or 2. Obviously the SR is still baffling as I've won 2 games today and gained 48 points, even though I feel like I played 2 rounds as complete shit as Lucio. 1st game, 2nd healer tells me they can solo heal so we can get a 2nd tank. I die 30 seconds in, swap to Orisa, die 20 seconds later, die again, swap to Rein, we hold a bit, keep being killed to lack of heals and we are staggering, after enemy gets payload to point 2 in Dorado, I swap to Pharah and we finally coordinate and hold them at final turn. 2nd round, start as Lucio again, we're being held at the very 1st turn. At about 2:30 minutes left, I swap to Junk based on enemy team comp, we start rolling thru them. Had a great game as Junk, kept staggering them as they ran back, and finished on a win with gold damage. Won 29 points on that win.
    2nd game, play Lucio for defense on Volskaya. Manage to finish the round with enemy only having 90% (give or take) on point A. 2nd round, start as Lucio again, flank around to draw them off of choke, die almost instantly. Swap to Pharah, flank again, get 2 kills, tell the team they need to start moving in, we win about 45 seconds later. Got 19 points on that win.
    Seems like the SR is rewarding me the more I swap characters. Make sure no sense.

See a doomfist, go 3 tank. Laugh.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting past placements is another world. Thank Gods. Off to a good start, only had to tank a couple of times, although one match I was being stubborn to Widow, we had 5 DPS one healer. We won of course, I got accused of smurfing and deranking. I fucking wish I was deranked level 800 smurf. Apparently I'm reported.

Deathmatch is just the place to warm up, enjoying it a bit too much :3

http://plays.tv/video/59adb968976286...ow-2?from=user

http://plays.tv/video/59adb997dbf30e...ow-3?from=user

completely tilted last night. babysat a 3-stack as mercy. enemy went triple tank and reaper. we had a bastion who wouldn't swap because of his golden gun and dies 3 seconds after enemy reaper sees him, a reinhardt who I can only sympathize with, and a soldier who can't hit anything without his tactical visor.

should have gone dps myself, healing them was useless if they don't try to counter.

also I have to speak up early on: bastion and torb are more often than not bad picks if we don't have orisa and/or reinhardt.

Has anyone noticed that Rein is racist? He seriously seems to grab Lucio on a charge 100% of the time Lucio is anywhere near him. One of my kill cams I watched him charge straight thru center of Hog's beefy ass, knocking him out of the way, and then grabbing me as Lucio when I'm jumping away and near his shoulder.
    This has happened multiple times, where I've seen other people get knocked away from him and yet he still pins me on the charge. Actually had one where he used a charge to escape, doing a 180, and on the killcam the pin was so fast you didn't even see me on his camera, just spin, charge, look there's a Lucio lol.
    In all seriousness though, it does seem to happen a lot. So much so that I've yelled at my screen "How the fuck was I pinned!!!???" Makes me wish I recorded games for WTF moments.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-09-05 at 06:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In previous seasons it would place you about 200-300sr below where it thought you should be, so you could "have fun climbing", they realised that was bullshit this season and now it just puts you where it thinks you should be. That means basically your end of season rank from last season, unless something weird happened that split your SR from your hidden MMR drastically; so stuff like decay at high end, ridiculous runs of luck, or if you usually play with a much weaker group; or just don't play much at all. It allows for a correction in those conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing, so not that great lol. Still need to learn who counters who, and need to learn the maps still lol.

My games are horrible. The basketballs are broken in all of them. How am I meant to play with broken Basketballs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    My games are horrible. The basketballs are broken in all of them. How am I meant to play with broken Basketballs.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...8708074#post-5

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The basketball should be back to normal when the Junkertown patch goes live.

It should be fixed on the PTR now...
    Play PTR.

So they changed the arcade DM loot box so you have to come first. only noticed after i came second by 2 kills but had like 10 more assists than everyone else...

That box is now dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    So they changed the arcade DM loot box so you have to come first. only noticed after i came second by 2 kills but had like 10 more assists than everyone else...

That box is now dead to me.
    I mean it's still doable enough, getting top 4 was way too easy.

Though you do need some luck now because finding the action can be annoying at times with the map being so large.

Edit: Managed to do it but it was a little more frustrating than it needed to be, felt like I had to camp. (I play McCree in that mode)
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-09-05 at 08:32 PM.

It's a pretty stupid change if true. Reaching the top four to qualify for the progress towards a loot box is a fair approach that isn't needlessly RNG reliant like the other arcade game modes end up being. It doesn't help that certain characters are heavily favoured over others either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Warms up with some nice matches in FFA DM, go to comp and 4 matches which just aren't good, lost 3, won 1 but it's worse than last season for bitching and whining and throwing.

Top 4 was too easy, but I don't think it should just be 1st place. Maybe top 2 or 3. Hell, possibly even keep top 4 of they just add new maps to each mode. Use even the existing ones. They'd be a lot bigger and actually have different advantages for multiple characters, instead of just sticking to DF/Junk and holding the lower portion, or picking Pharah and playing the outside edges.
    I've played FFA a few times, only once was I ever able to finish 1st, and that was luck. I was 1-3 behind the top player the whole match, then we tied at 19 and they missed with Justice and got picked off, I got lucky and got my Junk tire and got the last kill with that.