Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The one of the oldest tricks in the book - when you have issues at home, find someone else to blame.
    And Germany has paid compensations already, as far as I remember. At some point you cannot request to be paid for past wrongdoings. Everyone, who had some saying or ruling power in Nazy Germany is dead. There is no moral or legal basis on which to ask this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Most of all this is just "Man, my country goes to shit currently. Let's blame Germany for everything because WWII happend 70 years ago you know."

Do France and Britian still exchange reparations because of numerous wars that happened 200 years ago?

And what about Danes that invaded Britian 700 A.D. ? Is that already settled?
    I have to laugh at this. Because incidentally those two nations clearly overcame their fates with WWII and prospered... Meanwhile Poland did not thus must blame someone else, to get the quick fix.

Ironic thing is, I read several news articles from various sources standing that a minority of Polish immigrants here in the UK, actually sent their remainder of money whether wages and/ir benefit relief back to Poland, whom were able to build houses on newly bought/owned land with like 5 bedrooms and several bathrooms... Go figure man.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-09-05 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I have to laugh at this. Because incidentally those two nations clearly overcame their fates with WWII and prospered... Meanwhile Poland did not thus must blame someone else, to get the quick fix.

Ironic thing is, I read several news articles from various sources standing that a minority of Polish immigrants here in the UK, actually sent their remainder of money whether wages and/ir benefit relief back to Poland, whom were able to build houses on newly bought/owned land with like 5 bedrooms and several bathrooms... Go figure man.
    The amount of ignorance in this thread is cringeworthy. Poland only became a sovereign state mere 30 years ago and was completely devastated first by war, then by years of soviet influence.

I believe we deserve these reparations more than anything, but at the same time I know that these statements are nothing but a political play and will result in nothing constructive.

Deleted
    ... Why do they want reparations now? They've had a long time to demand them, I don't get it.

Deleted
    Doesn't eastern Germany count as payment? Poland got a huge landmass after WOII.

I guess they want to trade it back for money then? You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    The amount of ignorance in this thread is cringeworthy. Poland only became a sovereign state mere 30 years ago and was completely devastated first by war, then by years of soviet influence.

I believe we deserve these reparations more than anything, but at the same time I know that these statements are nothing but a political play and will result in nothing constructive.
    You know I am also Polish right? My grandfather came to the UK from WW2 as a Prisoner of War escapee? He was captured after he charged in the Polish Calvary then, pushed into a concentration camp and only lived because he could feed the German soldiers. Why mention it? Because his attitude changes mine.

Did my grandfather blame every other bastard for his plight? No, he worked hard, met my grandmother who also was a Prisoner of War from Greece and raised my father up to never drag the family name into disrepute, to work hard and earn your keep. Not to claim riches from 2 generations after from that same War, riches from those same generations sharing no political view or involvement with their forefathers'.

Greece did the same thing by pointing the finger at Germany for occupation during War, it never found ground. Why? Because they were in need of money when they faced huge debt. It didn't come across genuine. And neither does this. Just people claiming the apparent plight and being offended for others, when those others could potentially give little shit about who started it, just the fact it's over and they are alive.
    Claiming that occupation by Germany ruined them but ignore Russia from more recent influences as you said? Those recent influences will be fair more damaging in a world nowadays built on globalisation and international trading. Hm, when several other countries suffered the same if not worse and raised themselves from decimation, why can't Poland do the same? Reason is their economy which is why it doesn't feel genuine either. Rather than try and fix it even if they ask it on the grounds of emitting them into a better stance and establishment in World Trade, they try to subjugate others and blame them for their shortcomings.

You may believe they deserve it. But no other country gave each other money as compensation for a great tragedy all because one man who lived in Germany and was actually bloody Austria national, who had to earn his Germanic citizenship.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-09-05 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    ... Why do they want reparations now? They've had a long time to demand them, I don't get it.
    Black people still demand reparations for Slavery.

Will we have neanderthal "descendants" asking Homo sapiens for reparations in the near future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Will we have neanderthal "descendants" asking Homo sapiens for reparations in the near future?
    We are Neanderthal descendants... what you thought we're 100% homo sapiens camp? You just got to look at the intentet... looool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We are Neanderthal descendants... what you thought we're 100% homo sapiens camp? You just got to look at the intentet... looool.
    That's what the quotes were for..

I'm sorry you couldn't understand
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-09-05 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Doesn't eastern Germany count as payment? Poland got a huge landmass after WOII.

I guess they want to trade it back for money then? You can't have it both ways.
    Not to mention that Germans were essentially enslaved to clean up Europe after WWII, and were persecuted throughout Eastern Europe in a manner quite similar to the persecution their government propagated, resulting in the deaths of 500,000-2,000,000 ethnic Germans between 1944 and 1950. We don't hear much about that, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Germany should just tell poland to fuck off! This was over 70 years ago! The people in germany today are not the same as back then!
    But... they are.

They may have gone about in a much less lethal, and far more underhanded way. As the driving force behind everything the EU does and is, the EU forcibly suppresses any opposition through control of industry and commerce.

"But the EU isn't Germany!" Riiiiiiiiight, because the EU would totally continue to exist if Germany wasn't part of it.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-09-05 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Because local elections are coming soon, and they need to keep the anti-german agenda going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    "Let's take tax dollars from German citizens that weren't responsible or even involved in WW2 at all because we're upset about something that happened to people who aren't even us!"
    This pretty much covers "reparations" in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing but making noise for domestic audiences, with everything else going on in Poland politically.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should've totally do that, after we won the WWII.... which never happened. Other people won the war, so they made the rules, and those rules didn't include Germans paying us for the war. Sucks to be weak, we should care more about this never happening again than about past wrongs we have no power to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Most of all this is just "Man, my country goes to shit currently. Let's blame Germany for everything because WWII happend 70 years ago you know."

Do France and Britian still exchange reparations because of numerous wars that happened 200 years ago?

And what about Danes that invaded Britian 700 A.D. ? Is that already settled?
    Noone cares about random wars from 200 years ago where a few thousands of people died. Poland had plenty of those as well. It's not about the wars that everyone and their dogs have long forgotten. It's about the war that was waged by the grandfathers of some of the people on these forums. If my grandfather gone mad and shit on a neighbours' doormat, I'd definitely feel obliged to say sorry and give them a cake. It's just human decency. If we took it to the right proportions here, the said mad grandfather would partner up with another mad grandpa to break into a neighbours house, shoot their dog, break all windows, rape their daughter, steal all money and set fire on the way out after hearing the police signals. Then they'd smear "polish death camps" with their shit on the doors.

What do this forums' German dwellers say? "It wasn't us, we're not responsible".

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post

Did you ever in your life hear about Marshall Plan? The same plan that Poland was forced to refuse along with all of the other eastern bloc countries? Let's not even mention that Marshall Plan's money was only a slim portion of the funds USA pumped into UK during and after WW2. Let's not mention that UK was far richer than Poland before WW2 and it wasn't nearly as damaged during the war. It was barely touched, in fact.

I also don't even know what kind of a deluded opinion you have regarding GBP compared to PLN or UK benefits or how much benefits money Poles receive, but if you think a low or middle tier worker can afford to build a palace in Poland after working in UK for a few years, you should really cut back on your Huffington Post doses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Noone cares about random wars from 200 years ago where a few thousands of people died. Poland had plenty of those as well. It's not about the wars that everyone and their dogs have long forgotten. It's about the war that was waged by the grandfathers of some of the people on these forums. If my grandfather gone mad and shit on a neighbours' doormat, I'd definitely feel obliged to say sorry and give them a cake. It's just human decency. If we took it to the right proportions here, the said mad grandfather would partner up with another mad grandpa to break into a neighbours house, shoot their dog, break all windows, rape their daughter, steal all money and set fire on the way out after hearing the police signals. Then they'd smear "polish death camps" with their shit on the doors.

What do this forums' German dwellers say? "It wasn't us, we're not responsible".

Did you ever in your life hear about Marshall Plan? The same plan that Poland was forced to refuse along with all of the other eastern bloc countries? Let's not even mention that Marshall Plan's money was only a slim portion of the funds USA pumped into UK during and after WW2. Let's not mention that UK was far richer than Poland before WW2 and it wasn't nearly as damaged during the war. It was barely touched, in fact.

I also don't even know what kind of a deluded opinion you have regarding GBP compared to PLN or UK benefits or how much benefits money Poles receive, but if you think a low or middle tier worker can afford to build a palace in Poland after working in UK for a few years, you should really cut back on your Huffington Post doses.
    What about France then? You also forgot Britain may not have been occupied but... chemical warfare was air-borne.

Man you need to read the difference between "I read news articles", to an opinion along the lines of "stop claiming British benefits to build your homes, so go back to your motherland".
    Yes, it's infuriating but firstly it's a supposed 'minority' despite those articles never stipulated how many, but I would prefer to select a minority because it will 99% be that amount compared to the majority and secondly, it's probably no different to anywhere else in the world.

Deleted
    Noone cares about random wars from 200 years ago where a few thousands of people died. Poland had plenty of those as well. It's not about the wars that everyone and their dogs have long forgotten. It's about the war that was waged by the grandfathers of some of the people on these forums. If my grandfather gone mad and shit on a neighbours' doormat, I'd definitely feel obliged to say sorry and give them a cake. It's just human decency.
    if your grandfather shit on your neighbors doormat before you where born you would feel obliged to go over there and hand them cake and an apology ? people don't all go "oh it wasn't me, suck it" , they tell you they weren't even born when the act happened/the few that were were mostly children ( i doubt there are a lot of posters here that where legal adults during ww2) and after the whole shebang was done this things in fact got settled on mutually agreed upon terms, it's just that 70 years later nations that could use some money boost suddenly remember that they didn't think what was agreed upon 70 years ago was fair to them.

the situation we have is not "your grandpa shitting on your neighbors doormat and you visiting your neighbor the next day saying sorry, gramps is a nut, have a cake" but "remember when my gramps took a shit at your front door ? yes, it was 20 years ago and i wasn't born then, also gramps visited you himself after it had settled down a bit and told you sorry, he was just drunk of his ass while handing you a fruit basket, you remember yes ? well i wanted to say sorry, i really mean it, let me buy you a new front door, i'm sure you can still smell gramps shit otherwise"

If my grandfather gone mad and shit on a neighbours' doormat, I'd definitely feel obliged to say sorry and give them a cake.
    Yeah, but if someone goes mad and shits on your doormat, then you wait 70 years and !@#$% out their grandkids for it.... YOU'RE the one that should be saying sorry, not them.