Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Cause it's probably the only thing they have going for them right now, some purple pixels in a game that nobody besides them cares about, and even more nobody besides the wow playerbase will ever care about in the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    Why? How does some random person you don't know getting a few pieces of high ilvl gear going to ruin the experience for you?

I've raided hardcore since I started playing in Vanilla. To this day it doesn't bother me when a "Casual" gets a top end piece of loot.

Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    see your problem is you raid only for loot and ilvl epeen. Try raiding with friends and just enjoy the higher difficulty mythic brings.

For me its fine, i dont like raiding cause it takes TOO MUCH time, plus you have to be aware of dmg cause if not the group kicks you,
    And no, im not that awful player, just kinda mid tier.
    I dont like pvp either cause it became so lame it hurts.

Mythics+ is the only way i can gear up rn and i find it cool that now gives high item lvl.

The only gear I care about is the gear I get or can possibly get from that guy in my raid group who just got a piece of loot I can use. Outside of that...I just can't fathom why some people care so much about what other people get.

Blizzard realized most of their playerbase is far too incompetent to handle the difficulty (both social and mechanical) of their mythic raids and decided to throw away the reward structure that virtually every game in existence has used (harder content = better rewards) in an effort to please the masses of plebs and keep their sub numbers higher. I'll just never understand why so many casuals feel they deserve gear on par with players who are much, much better than themselves. Dunning-kruger effect at it's prime.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-09-05 at 08:16 PM.

here's the thing: recessionary incentives for mythic raiding and catch-up mechanisms a la argus are two entirely separate issues, but they up colliding in a way that didn't happen before - through the new patch cycle pattern.
    the latest catch-up mechanics are being introduced while the old tier is still current. this basically marks the end of a tier, by giving out mythic level gear, the progression for serious guilds is over, as it is a (soft) nerf to the entire raid (+new traits, crucible or whatever the fuck), during that time almost everything you did previously is invalidated.
    logged in every 3 days for several months to pick up artifact knowledge?
    farmed hundreds and thousands of m+ to get 54 traits/concordance?
    farmed m+ for that specific item proc just to have its base item level raised next patch?
    I'm sorry, but you wasted a lot of time. if your character was fresh 110 at catch up launch, you are equal if not favored compared to your main.
    all of this becomes irrelevant, comitting players repeatedly get fucked and feel like none of their efforts from previous patches actually mattered. AP was intended to be an additional progression path parallel to gear throughout the expansion. instead, we get a hard reset every patch (increasing AK that makes one WQ worth 10 WQs pre-patch).

now, none of this extra AP or WQ gear will bring you into next tier mythic, but facerolling previous soft-nerfed tier for 3 months while you wait for the new raid will. on top of all this, the titanforge system completely breaks the intended balance in that regard, as farming content longer (more ids, more clears) is very rewarding, not in the traditional manner where you farm for specific certain items (wotlk death's choice, mjolnir runestone, illustration, conductive seal etc etc) that make you come back to a previous tier, but in a completely unpredictable way because obviously potentially everything is an upgrade.

if there were only 2-3 weeks between catch up and new raid, the hate towards catch up wouldnt really have time to manifest, it would be less apparent and impactful, but I understand this would mean longer periods without 'new' stuff which is a problem to many non/casual raiders.

now let's take a look at legendaries.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Blizzard realized 1% of their playerbase is far too elitist and snowflake like to handle casuals getting to see all of the content or gain the gear originally only available to the jerks who min maxxed and wasted days of their lives watching other people's videos and memorizing game mechanics and wanted to keep the majority of players happy. I'll just never understand why so many elitits feel they are the only ones who deserve gear in a 12 year old game that struggles to keep players engaged in the content thanks to difficulty. Maybe the gear should be two different colors showing who got it the easy way, and who got it the hard way.
    Fixed it. Also, it's just a game. Why should I care that some bad player got a chance to see what some elitist gets to see 5 nights a week? I'm neither a snowflake, nor an asshole. Just a guy who understands that it is just a game, rated T for Teen, and not some level of notoriety that will follow me til the end of my days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah you are one of those guys that want to stand in front of the auction house and show everyone your "awesome" gear, I used to be like that back in the day, then I grew up and stopped caring what gear everyone else had.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the end, it's just pixels on a screen and we are all dust from the stars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Ah you are one of those guys that want to stand in front of the auction house and show everyone your "awesome" gear, I used to be like that back in the day, then I grew up and stopped caring what gear everyone else had.
    Exactly. Plus, with TMog, I could be in crap gear and people can still stand in awww of my awesome fashion sense lol

i just got a 930 shoulder on my war from the broken shore world boss that hit 110 10 minutes prior, it was great =D, now my DK can mog into the t20 war set =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I'll just never understand why so many casuals feel they deserve gear on par with players who are much, much better than themselves. Dunning-kruger effect at it's prime.
    For the most part they don't. Same request for you as I made earlier: Find a bunch of threads where casual players are demanding mythic level raiding gear. Go ahead. I'll wait.

While I'm waiting I'll put this out there: I'll just never understand why so many non-casuals feel like they want to make it difficult for potential raiders to have the gear that will get them either a tryout or through the front door of a raiding guild. Given how difficult it is to recruit people (hey, there are plenty of threads about that...whaddya know) one would imagine that expanding the pool of recruits would be considered by thoughtful people as a possible good thing. Thoughtful people, however, don't let their egos get in the way of moving forward, much less wax nostalgic on forums for the days when they imagined that everyone thought they were some sort of video game-playing god.

Looking forward to the deluge of threads from casual players angrily demanding that they be able to obtain the best gear for nothing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

from a logic standpoint this argument makes no sense.

People don't do mythic raids for gear, they need the gear to raid mythics. The point of raiding mythics is to accomplish the task. It is end most point of end game content. The gear you get from it, is literally meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account

The only people who ever considered the completion of Mythic content worthy of high level of reverence are the few narcissistic knuckleheads that try their hardest to peacock around frequented areas of interest, no one cares what you look like. Whatever happened to playing for fun, instead of playing the most difficult content and then turning around with "Okay Blizzard now what are you going to give me to hold over the rest of the WoW plebeians?"

Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Agreed whole heartedly. If they are going to maintain a larger playerbase they need to figure a way to include ALL players, and not just that top tiny %.
    They don't need to include "ALL players" to have a large playerbase. For example, that "top tiny %" makes very little difference to the size of the player population. I'd argue trying to keep that "top tiny %" may be detrimental to retaining everyone else.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

this fucking argument again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They don't need to include "ALL players" to have a large playerbase. For example, that "top tiny %" makes very little difference to the size of the player population. I'd argue trying to keep that "top tiny %" may be detrimental to retaining everyone else.
    All players is a broad and generic term. If they added flight, gave away gear, and put money in your mailbox each month, not only would there be 10M casuals, but another 10M elitists who were just there to get free shit and bitch about casuals. As a casual, I make tons of gold even without said option, so I have no dog in that fight. My point is, if you can make 7M people happy, but have to piss off 100k people in the process, so be it. Better than making 100k people happy, and alienating 7M.

This is 100% the problem with this game nowadays. You should NOT have gear EQUAL to those who do higher difficulty content without doing that content yourself, FUCKING PERIOD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Meh, is just item level bro. It means nothing.

Have fun killing higher difficulty bosses with your friends and us lonewolf casuals can have meaningless pretty numbers on the character.
    Pretty much gotta agree with this. Who cares if a casual player gets that gear. I get the concern about effort=reward, but I trust that Blizzard can read their own gathered data and come to the conclusion that this is a better path for the game than some of us might think.

At the end of the day, that gear won't get you a Kil'jaeden or Argus Mythic kill if you barely have time to raid on a schedule, if you are a lone wolf or lack the skill to achieve that goal. Blizzard in regards to Mythic still undoubtedly gives off the vibe that Mythic is purely about progress and prestige, not gear rewards. Splitruns make that rather irrelevant in the first place, with titanforging in place as well. Gear is a tool and more ways to get to those tools is not a bad idea nor design in my personal oppinion. What you make of it is still purely on you as a player.