Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    I fucking miss Houston. People in the Northwest are so rude or indifferent to strangers. I know more about random people that I rode on the bus with in Houston than I do people that I work with everyday.
    While I would call you a liar and say you're in the wrong part of the NW, I can't anymore. What the NW used to be and what it is today are totally different, thanks to the rapid influx of Californians and to a lesser extent, the rest of the US.

It used to be you could accidentally drop your wallet downtown, and there was a good possibility you'd get it back. Now, not only would people take all the money out of it but someone would probably steal your identity, max out your credit cards, and completely ruin your credit. And then throw the wallet away.

You can't drive around here safely anymore, either. I can remember when certain thoroughfares around here were all but empty, even during rush hour. Now every single street is packed full of fucking assholes all day long, even on the freaking weekends. The amount of car accidents at the intersection I live near has quadrupled in just 2 years.

If Z-nation happened up here, it would be a free-for-all. Most of the idiots would be turned in the first few days thankfully, as they'd all try and cram into safe places or down the same 2-3 highways to get out, clogging everything up and making themselves easy pickin's. Good riddance I'd say. The NW has enough smart doomsday preppers up here that if you align with the right person or family, you're set. If you have useful skills, it shouldn't be hard. I would imagine most of the NATIVE Northwesterners would band together, maybe in small groups at first, but eventually into larger populations. Whether or not we'd rebuild, meh. The hunting and fishing is good around here, who needs the internet :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Military leader everywhere gonna make their own faction/tribe and rest gonna follow like old days

10+ Year Old Account
    we would have the same goals but we wouldnt really be organized ..

and by "we" i mean the zombies. im assuming i would be one of the first to go in these scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by Tiravi View Post
    To be fair, if it WAS zombies, those firearms would be pretty handy. We'd be stuck with cricket bats here in the UK. Thank God zombies don't exist and there's no real reason for us to change our gun laws.
    lol yah, thats fair - BUT to be fair, you put some nails through the head of the cricket bat and you have one hell of a close range weapon :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Most of us are familiar with The Walking Dead. Say you found yourself in such a scenario, do you believe most people would cooperate and help each other or do you think it would be every man for themselves?

Do you think most would resort to banditry or would most be eager to form law abiding communities?
    I just started watching the series. I think if such a thing came to be, society would disintegrate and everyone would be left to fend for themselves. There would be widespread killings, rape, looting and so on.

Most of us are familiar with The Walking Dead. Say you found yourself in such a scenario, do you believe most people would cooperate and help each other or do you think it would be every man for themselves?

Do you think most would resort to banditry or would most be eager to form law abiding communities?
    If we go by historical record, people always pull together in times of catastrophe no matter how severe. Of course, there will always be those who "see chaos as a ladder" and a moment to make a profit, but they are always the minority.

But, and this is worth mentioning...in the Walking Dead scenario humanity is collectively retarded. That entire scenario must exist in a world where the collective IQ of humanity is equal to that of a rotten avocado. In such a scenario maybe humanity is not just retarded, but also made up of vicious cunts with no real sense of self preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If we go by historical record, people always pull together in times of catastrophe no matter how severe. Of course, there will always be those who "see chaos as a ladder" and a moment to make a profit, but they are always the minority.

But, and this is worth mentioning...in the Walking Dead scenario humanity is collectively retarded. That entire scenario must exist in a world where the collective IQ of humanity is equal to that of a rotten avocado. In such a scenario maybe humanity is not just retarded, but also made up of vicious cunts with no real sense of self preservation.
    Do you know what has happened in wars? People didn't pull together, they started cannibalizing each other when food was scarce. Something like the walking dead would be far worse than a war.

10+ Year Old Account
    A wise man once said, "the world's a shitty hole full of shitty little scumbags who are scared shitless."most motivational speech I ever heard.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Do you know what has happened in wars? People didn't pull together, they started cannibalizing each other when food was scarce. Something like the walking dead would be far worse than a war.
    Yet, societies do not collapse in times of war. Yes, occasional incidents do occur, (warcrimes, war rape, plundering, even cannibalism -which is terribly rare and usually punished even by your own side), yet societies do not collapse. On the contrary, society mobilizes and re-purpose itself towards the objective of defeating the outside threat/occupy and govern the defeated.

Humans don't become "more disorganized" during war, it's the opposite, humans tend to become much more organized.

Yes, you can quote occasional exceptions, yet exceptions reinforce the rule.

But once again, the Walking Dead scenario requires that humanity to be collectively moronic.

Hello, im an Human Anatomy professor in a random university and sorry to say, but... zombies cannot ever exist in the real world.

Even if we get a mutated virus (or a war enhanced one; most probably candidate is Lyssavirus, rabbies disease), bodies do need to feed and breath in order to get energy to move muscles. So zombies would be real for minutes before they be innert.

Zombie apocalipse is just dumb. A nuclear apocalipse is pretty much more real, but tech would still be available and energy like solar, wind, water and manual energy generators would still be around, so its pretty impossible to see large societys being extinct.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it happens come join my group.

I think I'd make all the right calls honestly.

I think 80% of people would more or less fit the stereotypical idea of good, but the other 20% would cause untold havoc and their existence would slowly erode the trust of the 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Agent K said it best, "People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

To address your point more directly, a large number of people aren't that bright. Hell the average global IQ has dropped steadily since the 1950's. Hell there's still a number of people in the US that still believe that Obama wasn't a US citizen, hell some people still argue the world it flat, or we never went to the moon, and that vaccines cause autism, etc.

To be honest though, in relation to the original question, most people aren't good or evil, they're selfish and depending on which end of the spectrum gives them the best results with the least effort, they'll choose that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

I dont think the walking dead would parady what would happen irl at all. Several things happen in that show that just wont happen in reality, first, zombies wouldnt last a year. They would be rotted puddles of organic matter by the end of the first year. Second people in the walking dead make stupid decisiions no sane person would make, for the only purpose of furthering the story.

I've been shopping on Black Friday. I know the dark, evil nature of man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post

To address your point more directly, a large number of people aren't that bright. Hell the average global IQ has dropped steadily since the 1950's..
    That's simply false. There is no such observed phenomena. There are some obscure studies that speak about IQ decreases in the Western world, but that has a lot to do with how we measure and report it (significant increase in literacy rates), than any environmental or genetic factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    People can't even get along when we live in an civilization with abundance of food, water, energy and entertainment so what the fuck do you think happens when all of that goes away?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some will be good and band together. Others will be bad. Tragedy and conflict can bring out the worst in people., or the best.

There would be peaceful make ship villages and packs trying to restore things to how they were, and then there will be gangs and lawless bands of thugs who will be on power trips since no official authority exists to keep them in check.

I am not sure there would be a common trend, but I certainly wouldn't want to be a lady in a post apocalyptic society, regardless of what brought it about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2 aren't mutually exclusive unfortunately.

Because in order for there to be bandits... you have to have people to prey on.

Most forms of government came from bandit theory.

We have some of the ideas of morality that we do based on either the comfort of our lives or to maintain that comfort. If life itself was completely restructured into a post apocalypse scenario ideas of right and wrong would twist with it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."