Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The military would take over

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Your questions don't really line up with "Good or Bad." People are going to form packs and those packs are going to fight over resources.
    I think this is most likely.
    It's not a "good versus bad" deal.
    It's more like a "them versus us" thing.
    Sucks, because in such a scenario the human race is probably an endangered species at this point.

People don't do those bad things in dire situations like floods.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think this is most likely.
    It's not a "good versus bad" deal.
    It's more like a "them versus us" thing.
    Sucks, because in such a scenario the human race is probably an endangered species at this point.
    I'm totally on board with the "them vs. us" angle, but the "them" is an army of zombies first and foremost. I find it extremely likely that people would form smaller groups, or "cells" to be less vulnerable to outbreaks, but they would ultimately help each other out as humans. At least most.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    People don't do those bad things in dire situations like floods.
    I imagine a lot of self restraint shown by people has more to do with the knowledge that the waters will recede and life will get back on. Given a few years of chaos and barely squeking by for survival, and the knowledge that things are not going to return to how they ocne were, there would be plenty of people willing to commit atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I think I would join up with people from my religion and seclude ourselves from the savages and the sinners.
    Oh? Do shitposters have their own religion now?

Definitely bad.

People are generally only as good as they're forced to be... which is why a lot of people scream and cry at LFR and crossrealm and such, because they know they aren't going to get the *people* to change, and that's where the problem generally lies... people take the easiest way out... good or bad only matters in so far as it affects them negatively.

Hard to say, I think the Walking Dead had to really lean in the bad in people to make an entertaining show. If humanity's existence is at stake, you are only speeding it up by going as a murderous bandit. Working together is the best method for the long run.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pack behavior can do funny things to otherwise decent people.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

While I have never in my life been accused of being too optimistic, I have to say that zombie apocalypse shows like the Walking Dead are extremely unrealistic in how they depict human beings. Leaving aside the whole, you know, zombie thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Oh? Do shitposters have their own religion now?
    They have been one for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those people are all idiots. Their humanity would have gotten them all killed before the end of the first season and I had to stop watching when they spent an entire season deciding on whether to burn a barn down or not.

If you aren't looking out for number one you are fucking up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Pack behavior can do funny things to otherwise decent people.
    Turns them into cunts, mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I feel the whole walking dead scenario is ridiculous, where people form these little packs and fight other packs to death for resources. It's a bullshit scenario, for TV. It just doesn't make any freaking sense to do that. Packs would probably form to some extent, but said packs would just merge with others. You know, form societies, like humanity has done since forever. Nobody in their right mind would think that being in a tiny group is the way to go. Literally nobody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure there will be people teaming up...but I imagine many will be every one for themselves...I imagine there will also be groups...for if you've ever seen Resident Evil Extinction...there will be twisted freaks who will make fake distress signals to lure people into traps.

Deleted
    Negan is life

We would kill each other for resources. We would form tribes and cults would be a big thing. People are svavages at heart and absence of consequences would make you see what himanity is really like. Rapr and murder would be widespread and prevalent. I would hate to be a hot chick in the end times.

Deleted
    while it would be pretty chaotic in the beginning, and extreme behaviors would obviously be in the beginning in the end it would settle down pretty much at the status quo. why do i believe so ? because we already had the exact same situation, how do you believe society started to exist ?

people thought about themselves, people found out they have a better chance of survival in a tribe/pack, people bond together, people found other tribes, people fought other tribes, people realized trading with other tribes was more beneficial then smacking in their heads, tribes bound together.

you may say "but theres no food, what about the walking dead ? what if...." but think logically about this, where was the food when people first started agriculture and things like that ? where there no threats ? you may say zombies are more dangerous then a pack of wolves, (which i would kinda disagree on if you think how all the ways wildlife can kill you, it's just that the only wilderness most people see are empty streets on a sunday) but that would be all the more reason to band together.

It depends on intelligence. Intelligence is defined as the ability to plan ahead.

When their needs are being met (or they can reasonably expect to meet those needs in the future), people tend to be good. Otherwise, they can be evil. A more intelligent person is going to be less evil on average simply because they are more skilled at planning ahead.

The problem is getting the less intelligent people to also be less evil. The solution is religion. For those who cannot plan ahead, you tell them that they shouldn't be evil because God said it is wrong.

Then we get people who decide removing religion is better, but those are people who fail to plan ahead and see the consequences. Without religion, the lesser intelligent will get more violent.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-09-06 at 10:36 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Complete societal breakdown like TWD... yeah, people are mostly bad, that's for certain. Something like Houston or what's about to happen with Irma, that doesn't really count for anything. There are eyes watching, so people are less likely to get rowdy when they know people are watching and they can get in trouble for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================