10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Top 4 was too easy, but I don't think it should just be 1st place. Maybe top 2 or 3. Hell, possibly even keep top 4 of they just add new maps to each mode. Use even the existing ones. They'd be a lot bigger and actually have different advantages for multiple characters, instead of just sticking to DF/Junk and holding the lower portion, or picking Pharah and playing the outside edges.
    I've played FFA a few times, only once was I ever able to finish 1st, and that was luck. I was 1-3 behind the top player the whole match, then we tied at 19 and they missed with Justice and got picked off, I got lucky and got my Junk tire and got the last kill with that.
    To make the case for "top 4"; every other Brawl game mode rewards 50% of the players in it with a "win", and Top 4 does the same for FFA. Make it Top 2 or 3, even, and you incentivize playing anything BUT FFA for your weekly wins.

It sucks because I took a break and only began playing again in time for the latest event and new content. FFA Deathmatch ignited my interest in the game once more...and now it's promptly been subdued again due to this change. I don't bother with competitive as I'm not invested in the game beyond fooling around in custom games and getting my weekly lootboxes through the arcade modes. I play other games, including FFXIV which eats into a lot of my free time. So making the lootboxes harder to get just makes me not want to bother which means the only incentive for me to really log on at least once a week risks vanishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Rein is racist? He seriously seems to grab Lucio on a charge 100% of the time Lucio is anywhere near him. One of my kill cams I watched him charge straight thru center of Hog's beefy ass, knocking him out of the way, and then grabbing me as Lucio when I'm jumping away and near his shoulder.
    This has happened multiple times, where I've seen other people get knocked away from him and yet he still pins me on the charge. Actually had one where he used a charge to escape, doing a 180, and on the killcam the pin was so fast you didn't even see me on his camera, just spin, charge, look there's a Lucio lol.
    In all seriousness though, it does seem to happen a lot. So much so that I've yelled at my screen "How the fuck was I pinned!!!???" Makes me wish I recorded games for WTF moments.
    Oh so it's not just me... I've noticed that quite a lot as well on Lúcio, and frankly it's getting seriously annoying. He charges right through other people knocking them away and then pins me, or he just kind of hoovers me in to a pin from somewhere close by from a relatively noticeable distance where it doesn't really happen if I play other characters. Or sometimes both. >(

If it's more widespread then could be there's something buggy with Lúcio and Rein's charge?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get killed on Lucio by Rein's charge a lot, but it's always because I walk around a corner into it all. the. damn. time.

I never felt like there was anything buggy about it but since people are mentioning it, I would love to blame those deaths on something other than my own failure!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I get killed on Lucio by Rein's charge a lot, but it's always because I walk around a corner into it all. the. damn. time.

I never felt like there was anything buggy about it but since people are mentioning it, I would love to blame those deaths on something other than my own failure!
    Oh, I've definitely had those moments, but lately I've noticed some buggy aspects about it too. Like my previous post where he charged thru Hog when he was dead on but grabbed me when I was jumping and up near Rein's shoulder. Had that happen multiple times too.
    But yes, I've also had my fair share of good Rein charges or bad timing.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-09-06 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

This is seriously why, when I was maining Lucio, I watched Rein like a fucking hawk and was always ready to deke left and boop that mother into a wall mid-charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still get 'win' credit for top 4, it counts toward the arcade loot boxes. It's just the first win of the week box that seems to need a 1st place, I think that is a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You still get 'win' credit for top 4, it counts toward the arcade loot boxes. It's just the first win of the week box that seems to need a 1st place, I think that is a bug.
    Might also be there as incentive to get first for a small extra, but it could be a bug because I'm pretty sure that box was there last week too and they're supposed to be one time only right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Might also be there as incentive to get first for a small extra, but it could be a bug because I'm pretty sure that box was there last week too and they're supposed to be one time only right?
    Yeah, there are reports of people getting first place and not receiving it. Definitely seems to be a bug.

Deleted
    So I picked up the game again for the new season, but waited a couple of days for my placements. The matches were average, no toxic behavior and I thought well maybe things changed. Finished my placements at 6-4 and landed on 2350 with previous season ending at 2450. Anyway, I played a few matches after that and every single game was a nightmare, everyone's blaming the other for X reason. I picked widow at hanamura def and before we even begin I get called a retard and a loser. We lose first round quickly with me having 12 elims (gold) and gold dmg. Our mercy was flaming me the whole time, calling me names on team speak and chat while the enemy team was defending me. And the same thing if someone picks hanzo or sobra, people can't wait to start flaming, at least wait till you see how they are doing. The funny thing is, we are playing at gold, why everyone's having such high expectations? Do they watch videos of pros and then they assume everyone should play like that?I don't know, anyway rant over.

I'd literally quit the game if I ever got placed under Masters based on these posts here.

Jfc just buy a boost or something if it's really that bad.

Of course that happens too, many charge kills are legit where I just fucked up or Rein was really on point. It just really irks me to watch death cam for confirmation of what I just saw and too often to be a fluke it's him charging right through other people to pin me and/or hoover me in from a noticeable distance because I feel those ones should not have happened and it wasn't on me and out of my control. The amount of times that has happened and hearing the same from other people just makes me suspect if something might be wrong there.
    Last edited by Twen; 2017-09-06 at 04:06 PM.

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/09/ove...september.html

I've been playing Junkrat a bunch myself and I feel bad for Orisa.

She'll never get a chance to shine if they keep buffing people who shit on her

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonight seemed better, got my first first place on FFA DM! Seems they fixed the bugged win credit too.

Lots of Pharahs in there today

http://plays.tv/video/59b0727d85b79e...-pharah-widow-

i am the unluckiest of mercys when it comes to Reinhardt pin. imagine, guardian angeling into your teammate only to be scooped up by a Reinhardt charge. lol.

The 'new' maps for Deathmatch are terrible. Chateau heavily favours certain characters over others but it's also very tight and compact so it's easy to hunt down fights. I struggle to find them as easily in the other maps, however.

Another irritant? Being thrown into a match that someone has left. If my kill count is zero how am I to catch up and stand a chance at beating someone with only two kills left to go? It's silly. Maybe they should at least consider transferring the kill count of whoever left to the player who takes their place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The 'new' maps for Deathmatch are terrible. Chateau heavily favours certain characters over others but it's also very tight and compact so it's easy to hunt down fights. I struggle to find them as easily in the other maps, however.

Another irritant? Being thrown into a match that someone has left. If my kill count is zero how am I to catch up and stand a chance at beating someone with only two kills left to go? It's silly. Maybe they should at least consider transferring the kill count of whoever left to the player who takes their place.
    My thought on that is to look at the kill counts from before someone left, and give you the average of the #4 and #5 player. If the person who left was in the top 4, this will put you in at #4, and if bottom 4, at #5, but as close to being pushed either way as you can get. It's not ideal, but it's better than leaving the spot open.

This season ( 6)...

short version:

How the games are going: Bad
    How the matchmaking went: Good
    How matchmaking goes after placement: Bad
    Hero balance: Weird

Long version:
    How the games are going:
    Bad. I have had decent games. But most ( 75%) are crap. Good games does not mean that i needed to win/or did win. Good games can also be lost games but with nice try's.
    But the following problems seem cropping up:
    - hunting to much hunting and not going back soon enough
    - Ult saving....saving ults for ever!! Like i sometimes use my dps or tank, heal ult 3 to 5 times per match. And see team m8's saving it for the perfect moment.
    - Newby's . Allot of them..But they play fantastic...so banned accounts???? or koreans??? Yesterday in competitive a level 15 soldier wrecked our whole team. So hard that even his own team was like wtf....are you cheating or something!?!
    - And hero picks....holy crap this is about 80% of the problems i am having. People maining or picking a widow vs full hp team or fast moving team. Or picking it on attack on the russian map. Or no one picking healer or tank ( i have no problem picking any healer or tank) but NO one picking a other one!!!! Bad counters... like fighting pharah on the other team....our team me ( mercy) , winston, doomfist, junkrat, lucio, mcree ( who could not hit a roadhog blank range)....
    And NO one changes during matches...Like if you want tot try something...okay. But if it does not work...it does not work.
    - also had in the about 18 matches i have had so far...like 5 or 7 throwers so far...doing nothing. picking tjorborn and setup turret like 10miles away from where you are fighting etc. Or just leaving the match.

Matchmaking went perfect:
    - always had trouble's with mercy's not doing their stuff etc and throwers. ( mercy's not healing but just shooting their gun) So i always got place around 1500 or lower.
    But if i look at people's play style. If i could kick their ass ( on our or their team) etc. I should have been 2000+. I got 2260. so perfectly where i think i should be. between 2000 and 2500.

Matchmaking after placement: bad see for the most part how the games are going.
    It really looks like allot of idiots have entered the game. is it normal that about 50% of your games has a throwing a i do not care etc in it!?!?!

hero balance:
    Still do not get how they start a new season with broken hero's like this.
    I will not go on about my wishlist ( better winston ult etc) just things i think are broken right now.

- doomfist: to powerful. Can 1 hit allot of hero's. And his charge is weird. It kinda goes thru everything. fix...i do not know.
    - Pharah: Not a big beef...just think she needs a other counter..and her range is king right now. fix. New hero...are do something about range for her or other hero's.
    - reaper: Self heal is sometimes to powerful. Even for dps to kill him. Fix: Maybe lower it a bit. Or Make the spread bigger so that tanks still get the full damage..but dps does not.
    - hanzo: His ult charges to fast..this has been like this since season 1. A decent hanzo can get out 2 ults before most people even have charged up their first. fix: charge a bit slower.
    - junkrat: to powerful. You kinda need to pick a shield or dva hero to counter him. fix:damage is a bit ( not to much) but a bit to high. Ults needs fixing ( but that is already on ptr )
    - Orisa: Her halt is very wonky. Its range is to short. And i have had people snap out of it several times. And pretty much every other movement skill seems to be able to break the effect. Fix: increase range ( not by allot just a little). And make it "break" less. So no change to break out of it...or a daze or something after it.
    - Roadhog: His selfheal, less damage taken and moving while doing it is a bit to strong. You need ALLLOT of dps to take him down. Fix: make the less damage tanken ( 50% right now?) into 30% or something.
    - Mercy is on ptr: both her and ptr way to powerful. We need a other healer option for this.
    - symmetra: Very powerful. But her turrets are useless. They are like dva's old ult. Easy to get around or to destroy. Fix: More hp for turrets or armor or shields?

- widow...needs to be banned from competitive....just kidding. She is fine right now. Sadly allot of idiots thing they are good with her and pick her even when it is map/enemy team comp wise a bad choice.

Done with competitive. Toxic environment with people who spend more time bitching than actually playing so we end up losing.

Gonna just play casually on this from now on methinks.

(Lel forgot I was the OP here. Man this thread grew)

I have played over 30 matches so far and barely any problems so far. Had one game where the Sombra was noted by another player as being infamous for never swithing from sombra no matter what and sure enough, never did. People are talking in coms, people are switching. When we lose I find a few people find someone else to blame,, "This soldier isn't killing the pharah!" <- But did you switch to counter? No? Mmmmmmm....

In general 95% of my games have been positive. Then again I don't get emotionally involved in my games so I never wax toxic myself. I keep calm and collected at all times.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.