Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sept 5 Hotfixes, Collegiate Dungeon Race, Flying on Argus, Blue Posts, Soultakers

Vote For Your Favourite Community Created Copy Cat Cards

Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Argus
    • A treasure hidden off the edge of the Antoran Wastes has now been moved on to the island.
    • The Paraxis now fires at player locations, allowing players to avoid the damage from the effect.

Classes

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Feral
      • Thrash should now be able to proc Ashamane's Bite and Primal Fury without requiring the Tier 19 2-piece bonus.

Items
    • Flight Master's Whistle should no longer go on cooldown if the cast is canceled.
    • Players should no longer be able to use high item level Holiday items at low levels.

Player versus Player
    • Players have a 30% reduced chance to Dodge and Parry attacks while in PvP situations (was 20%).
    • Stealth effects should no longer be removed when Dalaran Sewers starts.

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Unholy
      • Crypt Fever damage reduced by 25%.
      • PvP template Strength reduced by 2%.
    • Frost
      • PvP template Strength reduced by 3%.

Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Havoc
      • PvP template Agility reduced by 3%.

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Balance
      • Circadian Invocation will no longer keep the Druid and target in combat for an extended time.
    • Feral
      • Brutal Slash now deals 40% less damage in PvP situations.
      • PvP template Armor increased by 15%.
      • PvP template Versatility increased by 20%.
      • PvP template Stamina increased by 5%.
      • Feral Instinct increases damage you deal by 2.5% per rank in PvP situations (was 5%).

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Windwalker
      • Serenity increases your damage deal by 16% in PvP situations (was 22%).

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Holy
      • Avenging Crusader healing should now properly scale with Versatility.
    • Retribution
      • Templar's Verdict deals 7% less damage in PvP situations.
      • Divine Storm deals 7% less damage in PvP situations.

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Subtlety
      • Symbols of Death increases your damage by 10% in PvP situations (was 15%).
      • Catlike Reflexes increases Dodge chance by 5% in PvP situations (was 20%).

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Arms
      • PvP template Strength reduced by 2%.

Scenarios
    • Endless Halls
      • Your camera should no longer occasionally flip around when moving between rooms in the Endless Halls.
      • You should no longer be able to get stuck on the objects in the middle of the Endless Halls rooms.

Quests
    • Commander's Downfall” and “Felfire Shattering” should no longer remove Army of the Light Reputation.
    • Players who are removed from the Lightforged Warframe during the quest "Lord of the Spire" will no longer be prematurely teleported back to Destiny Point.
    • Hadrox and Radix should now have an appropriate amount of health when engaged for “Slumbering Behemoths”.

Join The Great Collegiate Dungeon Race 2017!
    Tespa is excited to announce The Great Collegiate Dungeon Race! On September 22, we’ll start a 7 week series of World of Warcraft ® Mythic Keystone dungeon races between teams competing for a share of $20,000 in scholarship prizing. Will your collegiate team on your campus have what it takes to take home the prize? Sign up now and start assembling your party!

Register Now

More Information
    Group dungeons and the teamwork they involve are centerpieces of World of Warcraft. And with the Mythic Keystone system introduced in Legion™, players are encouraged to gather up four of their friends and take on even greater challenges! With each increasing level of Mythic difficulty, the health and damage of enemies increases, and at certain levels new modifiers are introduced that will require players to adapt, evolve, and work together to succeed.

The Great Collegiate Dungeon Race begins on September 22 and will conclude on November 12. All races will take place on the World of Warcraft event realms—players will choose their preferred classes from premade character templates with fixed item sets and Artifact levels. The tournament will play out across three separate phases at increasingly challenging Mythic levels in order to find the best adventurers Azeroth has to offer.

• Preliminary Rounds: We’ll be running 3 preliminary rounds over 3 weeks in which teams will run a single Mythic Level dungeon for placement on a leaderboard.
    • Playoffs: The top 16 teams from the preliminaries will then be seeded into a double elimination, best-of-three bracket which will run until only four semifinalists remain.
    • Semifinals & Grand Finals: The four semifinalist teams will compete in a single-elimination semifinals and finals to see who takes home the top spot.

Tournament Schedule
    • Registrations Close - September 15
    • Preliminary Rounds - September 22-28, September 29-October 5, & October 6-12
    • Playoffs - October 15, 21, and 22
    • Semifinals & Grand Finals - November 12

Prizing
    $20,000 in scholarship prizing is ready to be claimed by the strongest collegiate Dungeon Race teams at our Grand Finals in December. Here’s the breakdown of the prize pool per team:

• First Place: $2,000 per Player
    • Second Place: $1,000 per Player
    • Third & Fourth Place: $500 per Player

We’re looking forward to seeing another great round of World of Warcraft competition, and can’t wait to see students from across North America banding together against the Legion!

Register Now

Flying in Argus
    The zone is so drab and really feels like nothing more than broken shore 2.0...same atmosphere/scenery just with too much mob density.

We spent months earning pathfinder just to have flying removed yet again. This is going way too far blizzard, especially with the terrible terrain design on Argus. I hope blizzard will rethink their once again "no flying" debacle before they lose another drove of subscriptions in order to get their attention.

I think plenty of folks disagree with you on the first point, and Argus has been one of the best parts of Legion to me personally, but just to clarify on the second:

This is nothing new, and we don't have any plans to change this going forward. New zones added in patch content have never to my knowledge had flying allowed. Even when flying was introduced in 2.0, flying was not available on the Isle of Quel'danas when it released in 2.4. The same is true of Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle from 5.2 and 5.4. These zones have always been about exploration, with a bit of danger, and Argus fits quite nicely into that theme.

I can understand that you may have recently earned Pathfinder and want to fly, but no one is stopping you from flying anywhere you want over the Broken Isles - but this is Argus.

If you're having trouble getting around Argus, you're probably not paying attention to the landscape. If you're dying in Fel flows, you're probably charging head first into them instead of leaping across the rocks floating about. If you're constantly being tagged by mobs, you're probably missing an easier way around the groups.

Argus isn't supposed to be a friendly and hospitable place, and I wouldn't bet my gold on a demon sitting down for tea with me any time soon. If you're having trouble and finding it difficult to get around and avoid pitfalls, then Argus is working as intended.

With all due respect you guys aren't understanding the issue. Before when new patch content was released without flying.... We had had flying since the moment we hit max level. so we actually got to enjoy is for quite awhile before ti was taken away.

Now, it's taken away very shortly after most people have earned it.... DOESN'T FEEL NEARLY AS GOOD'

I do understand the "issue" but we don't see it as an "issue". You're not on the Broken Isles anymore.

I think we'd probably try to avoid things like this being so close together in the future, but its just a symptom of timing as far as I'm aware.

Well, perhaps it's time for the development team to acknowledge that flight is actually part of the game and develop content with the idea that we can fly rather than take the mindset of "we don't like flight, so we're going to restrict it--even after making people jump through hoops and holding them back for nearly a year without it."

The genie is out of the bottle. The development team needs to open their minds to that idea rather than constantly look for ways to pull back from it.

I remember Lich King and the idea that we could fly early. And we flew. And we had fun. It was OK, really.

Why exactly do the developers feel that only by restricting flight can they give us new things?

We can say buzz phrases like "the genie is out of the bottle" all day, but it doesn't get us anywhere. I think it's been well acknowledged that we are still open to the idea of flight or we wouldn't have flight in any content at all, no? We've moved to meet the community in the middle - that's what Pathfinder has been about. Earn your wings: show you've achieved completion of the content overall and you can fly.

There's not really an attitude of 'close mindedness' on the topic from the development team, we've had plenty of positive discussions on the direction of flying overall. I do think, however, that there are folks in the community who are 'close minded' to entertaining an idea of "maybe you shouldn't be able to fly around and skip all the content when new areas are released".

I think these conversations need to be a two-way street, and the more we have everyone in the community calling the development team closed minded or pointing fingers, the further we get away from amicable understanding within the community. Of course I've always been happy to have those conversations, but whenever they start they very quickly dive into arguing instead of a discussion on the merits of each approach and that's really not something I want to be apart of.

I also don't think asking pointed, rhetorical questions is going to get us anywhere.

Tanaan. Wonder why you forgot about Tanaan.

Tanaan. The patch zone that allowed flying.
    Tanaan, the MOST RECENT patch zone before Legion.
    Tanaan, the patch zone from the only other expansion that made you earn Pathfinder to fly before this one.
    Tanaan allowed flying because after you've waited over half a year to earn something, what you want is for it to be useful going forwards.

Tanaan was technically a part of the original overworld of Draenor. It wasn't added in a patch - a door was just opened via your shipyard in patch.

I don't think they're quite equitable for a number of reasons from how they are accessed, the number of zones, how invasions and world quests function, etc.

Uh, I hope you're saying with timing and not rolling back on content releasing faster.
    Yeah, timing wise. I don't have answers in front of me, and it's just my personal opinion, but I think in terms of spacing the fact that flight landed really close to the launch of 7.3 was unfortunate timing.

I get why people are upset to have "just earned flying" and now its "taken away".

And how much of the terrain in Isle of Quel Denas was made to intentionally impede you? in Timeless Isle?
    Well, Quel'Danas was pretty much an experiment of its time, but it did have a good bit of terrain to get around, especially for the dailies on the east side of the islands with the naga and such. Argus is massive compared to Quel'Danas, so most points comparing them are pretty moot.

I don't think the terrain was made to intentionally impede you by way of making you frustrated, as you can easily teleport to any subzone of all three zones, but rather it wants you to not charge head first into everything and actually explore. If that's how we wanted the game to be played, we'd probably just have a flat plane with a couple of trees here and there.

The most frustrating part of Argus for me has been the area between The Spirit Crucible and the entrance to Antorus in the Antoran Wastes with the demon camps, bridges, and Fel flows, but I found that I was always looking for a shortcut and jumping off ledges instead of taking the route that was laid in front of me. Once I stopped doing that and learned other paths to the areas, I was having a much better time.

Establishing a history of bad decisions doesn't make it right.
    Your one-liner is nice and all, but I'd appreciate it if you could explain to me why those were "bad decisions" retrospectively.

Yet its not a core game feature, its a convenient feature that saves time daily on an MMO. I never thought of it as a core feature, as the game doesnt REQUIRE us to have flying to progress anywhere. You can easily play the full game without flying, and you can play it with flying, that does not make it a core feature if you don't require it to finish the game.
    This is semantics really but I'd agree that flying is not a core game feature. The community sees it as one for convenience, but in terms of design the game plays the same with and without, so it's pretty far from what I'd consider core.

> If that's how we wanted the game to be played, we'd probably just have a flat plane with a couple of trees here and there.

So Valley of the Four Winds/Tanaris/The Barrens/Desolace/Jade Forest? Can we have those back? Please? I'll trade a raid tier for well-designed zones again.

> but I'd appreciate it if you could explain to me why those were "bad decisions" retrospectively.
    Can you adequately explain why pruning game features, making players earn them back, and then pruning them again before the expansion is over is considered a good decision?

In fact, should we start calling expansions contractions if they continually remove content?

I think I remember classic Desolace and Jade Forest very different from you.

I'm not going to acknowledge your second points, as I warned earlier in the thread: I also don't think asking pointed, rhetorical questions is going to get us anywhere.

Let's refrain from this if you want to have an engaging conversation.

> TBH if blizz made the whistle usable on argus to take you to the nearest port that'd be cool.

They did, but gated it behind a reputation.

I think that's a point of discussion that's of some worth here.

IMO anyone who quits because of no flying on Argus(and I doubt there will be many) was on their way out the door anyway. If you can't stand having to interact with the world, I don't see why play the game at all.

I'm very glad we're grounded on Argus because all flying really does is make the game feel small.

Some of us respect you Ornyx. Just because this isn't even worth your time with how 'stupid' some of these people are. I could've used a meaner word but its not worth it. I dont even understand how people seem to think flying is so important. Someone even said its a core feature, when 0% of the game require us to fly to complete it.

I don't think I'd go quite that far. There is a point to be made for flying, and I think it's become a huge part of the game for the community, so it is an important conversation for me. For example, I do think the timing here is what has made this stick out even more, with a lot of folks earning flying just a few weeks before heading to Argus.

Anyways, I just think we need to meet in the middle and be civil and not throw threats around and we can have good conversations to take to the development team.

You're a blizzard employee. You have to agree with everything they do, at least publicly here on the forums.
    I don't have to agree with everything we do. I have a personal opinion that I've expressed many times about content throughout Legion and beyond.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shado-Pan Showdown Broken?
    We're aware of a couple of issues with the brawl and are currently working on a hotfix. The intention is that the brawl should not end when a team dies, but instead it should end when your team's or the opposing team's boss is killed.

Thanks for your patience here! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Gladiator's Summit Episode 2 - Watch Now!
    Episode 2 is here! Watch the latest episode to keep up to date with everything that's happening in WoW esports. The new Gladiator's Summit series covers all you'll ever need to know about the WoW Arena Championship: latest information, inside scoops on regional and global championships, and more about the teams and players who clash on the world stage.

Get The Esports Lowdown
    Want to know what’s happening when? This is the show to watch. Want to know how players prepare for battle, and how teams are formed? We’ve got it covered. Ever wondered why teams pick the combos they do? Now’s your chance to learn more. It’s a 360° WoW esports view, brought to you by our expert esports team.

What is the Gladiator’s Summit?
    It’s a series of shows we’ll record throughout the season, released on our WoW YouTube channel. You can find out more about all our esports events, catch up with news and results, take a look at what’s coming up, and get genuine insider information on the talent, the tournaments, and the teams.

Where can I watch the Gladiator’s Summit?
    All the latest episodes will be on our World of Warcraft YouTube channel. To find out when upcoming episodes will be available, head to our WoW esports site for all the latest news, and all upcoming esports events.

What will the episodes be about?
    We’ll be talking about the recent North America cups, recapping the action and discussing how the finals will go. We’ll also take a look at the European cups, and look into teams, players, and epic moments. Information on later episodes can be found on our WoW esports site.

Who’s hosting the show?
    All the action will be brought to you by two of our most popular and knowledgeable hosts: Jackson “Bajheera” Bliton and Elliott “Venruki” Venczel.

Where can I find out more?
    Find out when the latest episode will be released on our dedicated WoW esports website.

World Boss - The Soultakers
    This week the World Boss is The Soultakers! Players have a chance to win item level 860 loot and a Storm Relic. Death Knights also can get the hidden appearance for their Frost Spec.

Weekly Bonus Event - Arena Skirmishes
    Sharpen your swords and reinforce your boards, because you’re called to the PvP Arena for the hectic mayhem of Skirmishes.

This Week: Arena Skirmishes
    All week, from anywhere in Azeroth, open the Group Finder (default hotkey: i), select the Player vs. Player tab on the bottom of the window, and then under Arena Battles, choose either 2v2 or 3v3 and JOIN BATTLE. You’ll be matched up with teammates and provided with opponents to kill in the Arena.

Look for the following all week long:

• Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you.
      • Quest requirement: Win 10 Arena PvP Skirmishes
      • Reward: A PvP loot box
    • Passive buff: +50% honor gains from Skirmishes

If you’ve been looking to make some Honor gains, this is the week to do it!
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-09-06 at 03:37 AM.

Deleted
    Glad to see Blues stand firm on their no-flying stance. Just woke up and reading that ensured that my day will be great no matter what.

I love flying in this game, makes traveling quick and you get to see more stuff from the air, but in terms of Argus I am glad they did not put flying, because it wouldn't be the same. And I mean come on, its not that hard of an area, sure you die if you run in and don't think first, but isn't that what makes the game fun, having a challenge. Also there are some great advancements here, you can portal places instantly and can even get special powers to help you run from your mistakes. You all may not agree, but my vote is to keep flying out of Argus.

Flying takes you out of the world and makes everything easier, and I don't mind that for content I have already done many times, but in new content it shouldn't exist for a while...
    Last edited by MWhite; 2017-09-06 at 06:04 AM.

I like this sentence:

"If you're having trouble getting around Argus, you're probably not paying attention to the landscape. If you're dying in Fel flows, you're probably charging head first into them instead of leaping across the rocks floating about. If you're constantly being tagged by mobs, you're probably missing an easier way around the groups."

I almost spit my drink when I read it I laughed so hard. All the roads have mobs either on them or close enough to where they aggro you. Sure, you can "avoid" them, but they still aggro. I think I found maybe 4-5 roads where it wasn't really patrolled by mobs?

Some of the terrain is really annoying, but I easily get down from 1 level to another thanks to being a DH. And is it me.. or are there not enough portals?

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I like this sentence:

"If you're having trouble getting around Argus, you're probably not paying attention to the landscape. If you're dying in Fel flows, you're probably charging head first into them instead of leaping across the rocks floating about. If you're constantly being tagged by mobs, you're probably missing an easier way around the groups."

I almost spit my drink when I read it I laughed so hard. All the roads have mobs either on them or close enough to where they aggro you. Sure, you can "avoid" them, but they still aggro. I think I found maybe 4-5 roads where it wasn't really patrolled by mobs?

Some of the terrain is really annoying, but I easily get down from 1 level to another thanks to being a DH. And is it me.. or are there not enough portals?
    Mobs on the road hardly make a difference to be fair, you can simply ignore them. If you aren't one to 180-and-back to avoid Daze there's always the crafted items that make you immune (though I've actually not been dazed on Argus yet whilst running).

As for portals, yeah, there's ones that seem close to each other, none further away. I'm guessing/hoping they will add more as we "push" further into the zones. Not sure though.

without flying the game just doesn't feel fun, I agree the genie out of the bottle we are used to using that stash of flying mounts we all have worked so hard to acquire and all the sudden boom, no more use, yeah no thanks blizz, thats when I quit game, Argus is ugly enough with out flying, I think I was really enjoying Legion too, that enjoyment is all gone.

Im happy to see Blizz stick to their guns on flying. Over the years they have made some awful decisions that have moved the game into a shitty single player rpg. Flying has no place in MMO's in the form that the pro flyers want it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    without flying the game just doesn't feel fun, I agree the genie out of the bottle we are used to using that stash of flying mounts we all have worked so hard to acquire and all the sudden boom, no more use, yeah no thanks blizz, thats when I quit game, Argus is ugly enough with out flying, I think I was really enjoying Legion too, that enjoyment is all gone.
    good riddance get yourself a console game or maybe mobile

Tanaan was technically a part of the original overworld of Draenor. It wasn't added in a patch - a door was just opened via your shipyard in patch.
    E...excuse me? That's not even TECHNICALLY correct. If Tanaan was TECHNICALLY part of the original overworld of Draenor, then it would have been finished from day 1 and there wouldn't have been a Khadgar stopping us from exploring it.

Jesus, you've got to be kidding me right now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Im happy to see Blizz stick to their guns on flying. Over the years they have made some awful decisions that have moved the game into a shitty single player rpg. Flying has no place in MMO's in the form that the pro flyers want it.

- - - Updated - - -

good riddance get yourself a console game or maybe mobile
    ...uh... f-flying... has never been a staple feature in single-player RPGs... it has, however, been a staple feature of multiple MMOs BESIDES WoW since its inception (most prominently FFXIV, which uses a system much better than pathfinder no less). I would like you to expand on what you mean by, "[it] has no place in MMO's...", because right now that's just a blanket, untrue statement.

Nice cunty edit too, mate. Really classy.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    E...excuse me? That's not even TECHNICALLY correct. If Tanaan was TECHNICALLY part of the original overworld of Draenor, then it would have been finished from day 1 and there wouldn't have been a Khadgar stopping us from exploring it.

Jesus, you've got to be kidding me right now...

- - - Updated - - -

...uh... f-flying... has never been a staple feature in single-player RPGs... it has, however, been a staple feature of multiple MMOs BESIDES WoW since its inception (most prominently FFXIV, which uses a system much better than pathfinder no less). I would like you to expand on what you mean by, "[it] has no place in MMO's...", because right now that's just a blanket, untrue statement.
    MMOs are supposed to have communitys of players running around not that bullshit let me fly and pretend its not an online game . FFXIV is just another modern single player "mmorpg" that copied WoW

MMOs are supposed to have communitys of players running around not that bullshit let me fly and pretend its not an online game . FFXIV is just another modern single player "mmorpg" that copied WoW
    I... I don't even know where to begin.

How does the ability to fly suddenly stop you from interacting with other players? You can "pretend" it's not an online game just as easily on the ground, especially on dead servers. In fact, I myself do that for most everything, including Argus, aside from Rares and Invasion Points which obviously need groups of people. Not having flight doesn't change that.

Well if they want to stick to their guns on flying go for it I guess.

I mean I'm not too fussed. If it happens then it happens and of course I'll unlock but if it doesn't then meh not hard at all to get around Argus on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    If you believe you're quitting the game simply because there is no flying on Argus, you're kidding yourself. You obviously don't like the game from any aspect, something so small and petty as not flying in a zone would not make you quit.

And as the blue post said, these types of areas have NEVER HAD FLYING. Why would they make this any different???

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, perhaps it's time for the development team to acknowledge that flight is actually part of the game and develop content with the idea that we can fly rather than take the mindset of "we don't like flight, so we're going to restrict it--even after making people jump through hoops and holding them back for nearly a year without it."
    The problem is skipping all this and getting hang on "We can say buzz phrases like "the genie is out of the bottle" all day, but it doesn't get us anywhere." Also blaming it as a "rhetorical question", well your answer is also rhetorical too, dear dev? This is what politicans do. It's not sincere, it's just avoiding the real problem.

Let's name it: "Restricting players" is the real problem, timing is not the problem but ordering of things is, keep players grounded at low levels, by all means, but not in end content, we did our walking, slow running and slow mounts already, we don't get flying from the get go anyways, we already "earned" it, just having to earn it over and over again with every expansion is ridiculous and illogical.

The method to earn it every expansion differs, because the zones and their climate etc were different? Well, it could be done, in Cataclysm we could fly-quest from the start and there were no problems. But now devs can say "But Cata zones were part of Azeroth", alright, then aren't these are also part of Azeroth? Isle of Quel'danas, Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle, Tol Barad (which was the worst part of Cata, because we were grounded) and alike...

See? These are all bad excuses, insincere lies to avoid real problem, yes they don't want to give flight since the start of Warlords, they were adamant about taking it away completely but the backlash was so strong they had to find a middle ground but still made it too hard, almost undesirable, a big percentage of players didn't bother, many casuals even don't know how to get it still.

Is this the right approach? Clearly not, it's a big problem constantly being avoided and in the end looks dumb in the game:
    Here I have a big shiny drake, that I earned with hard work in this game, I can summon it in this new place to carry me on to my new adventures, but hey? Its great wings can't lift it off. So the solution of this mindset would be either not allowing flying mounts on these new places too, or allow it even if it looks dumb, but at the cost of restricting players from flying it's a "bargain"?

No, it's just wrong, order the progression of player power, it's logical that players can and will be able to fly, after certain power level: Everywhere. They should ride drakes, magical creatures above these new lands and go down and deal with problems and get into new adventures when they want, it's quite dumb to defend a paved way and being grounded instead of free flight. It's just bad design and ruins the logic and fantasy of the game with every move in this restricting direction.

I hope Blizzard comes to their senses at the end and even add content to Silvermoon and other old, currently non-flight zones to make it flight viable one day. I know it's a far fetched dream now, but, once we were talking like this, after we got our wings at TBC, we were dreaming about all Azeroth and being able to see Hyjal and Uldum, it eventually happened, it was awesome and with the real meaning of the word "fantastic". I also believe this dream of free flight and content according to it can also happen. It would just be appropriate and surely more fun than what we have now.

WoW no longer an "MMO with communitys of players running around" since introduction of phasing technology. You can kill demons with your friend playing on your server on exact same location, but not see him. Hell, 2 month ago i even coudnt find my guildie in Dalaran even we were in same raid group, standing on the same spot on the map!!!

Lets face it. Argus is "hell". It's not meant to be easy. People just need to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I... I don't even know where to begin.

How does the ability to fly suddenly stop you from interacting with other players? You can "pretend" it's not an online game just as easily on the ground, especially on dead servers. In fact, I myself do that for most everything, including Argus, aside from Rares and Invasion Points which obviously need groups of people. Not having flight doesn't change that.
    Having flying takes you out of the world plain and simple

Having flying takes you out of the world plain and simple
    Repeating it over and over again doesn't make you any more right.

Doing dailies (or WQs as they are now called) is already a dull task, making them more annoying and slower does not contribute to a better experience. Spending 15 minutes running around argus, aggroing a few dozen 5M HP mobs along the way to complete 2 world quests for total of 150 army of the light reputation is a pretty bad experience and something i would rather do without... But i want the reusable augument rune tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    But muh human right to fly.

Players can't put shit into perspective and is just stuck in bandwagon parroting one-liners.

We could put together a massive list of things that is in one way or another "slowing you down" on the road to BiS in every slot, every rep maxed, every toy collected. It's called the game.

But no, people's simple minds prefer the almighty argument "no flying i get around slower, artificial prolonging of content"
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-09-06 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Mobs on the road hardly make a difference to be fair, you can simply ignore them. If you aren't one to 180-and-back to avoid Daze there's always the crafted items that make you immune (though I've actually not been dazed on Argus yet whilst running).

As for portals, yeah, there's ones that seem close to each other, none further away. I'm guessing/hoping they will add more as we "push" further into the zones. Not sure though.

Well, I keep running into the mobs, but I just recently figured out why. Apparently there is a mouse sensitivity issue since patch.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-31

Shit is driving me nuts. I look around and immediately turn to the mobs and run straight through them. I've tried the cheap fixes, but nothing is working. Hopefully they will fix this soon so myself and lots others can enjoy the patch more.

As far as the portals go... ugh. Placements are horrible right now imo.