Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Argus was supposed to be an expansion"

They likely did with it what they did with the King of the North expansion for Diablo 3. They decided to roll with something else, and then they used the pieces that were already there and put them in the form of a patch. Proof of this? Argus has its own resources. Empyrium. Astral Glory. Fiendish Leather. Lightweave Cloth. Chemirine. Argulite. Lightsphene. Labradorite. Florid Malachite. Hesselian.

Never before have we had new profession items for every profession in a simple patch. This is like a new tier of profession items. When do we usually get this? In a new expansion.

Then we have the Vindicaar moving with us from zone to zone. Pretty redundant in these small zones where you can teleport back and forth anyway. But if this was a whole continent with 5 big zones, the Vindicaar could have served as a command center for the whole expansion. Like our Order Halls in Legion or the buildings we create in every zone on Draenor.

It looks like the Argus patch is the groundwork they did for an Argus expansion, before they scrapped it and turned it into a patch instead.

Deleted
    "If I put a statement in quotes it is undeniably the truth"

New world(expansion) = new materials. It have been like this since the beginning.

Argus = new world

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Never before have we had new profession items for every profession in a simple patch.
    I wouldn't call that a simple patch. Also you're overstating how hard it is to come up with a handful of new resources.

Blizzard will become like M$ very soon, i.e. no more xpacks - just content patches. You know, what was the reason for having xpacks in the past? To nerf players via adding new levels and force them to grind their power from scratch. But with all this scaling teches they don't need it any more. Also with all this bad design decisions, I guess, Wow collapsed so much, that they won't have resources to develop new xpacks very soon.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, maybe Blizzard originally intended that but realized there wasn't enough in the end to fill a new expansion and it was better suited as a patch, maybe they decided that players are getting fel fatigued and didn't want back to back (to back if you count the ending of WoD) Burning Legion expansions, or maybe they just tried something different since professions had a big revamp anyway, and Legion has had new game play options.

Why are you even still playing this game anymore ...

The professions thing makes sense. Why would herbs or ore on Azeroth exist on Argus?

However, I agree with your idea it could have been an expansion in general. Before 7.3 came out I thought, "it will just be broken shore 2.0, it could never be a full expansion." With Macaree, the Krokul race, animals and flora still existing it really seems like if they just put in a bit more effort they could have made bigger and more zones to warrant an expansion of itself. Macaree is a nearly untouched island. Other zones could be just like Macaree.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    They likely did with it what they did with the King of the North expansion for Diablo 3. They decided to roll with something else, and then they used the pieces that were already there and put them in the form of a patch. Proof of this? Argus has its own resources. Empyrium. Astral Glory. Fiendish Leather. Lightweave Cloth. Chemirine. Argulite. Lightsphene. Labradorite. Florid Malachite. Hesselian.

Never before have we had new profession items for every profession in a simple patch. This is like a new tier of profession items. When do we usually get this? In a new expansion.

Then we have the Vindicaar moving with us from zone to zone. Pretty redundant in these small zones where you can teleport back and forth anyway. But if this was a whole continent with 5 big zones, the Vindicaar could have served as a command center for the whole expansion. Like our Order Halls in Legion or the buildings we create in every zone on Draenor.

It looks like the Argus patch is the groundwork they did for an Argus expansion, before they scrapped it and turned it into a patch instead.
    seems very possible - this woudl go in line with how WoD looked like - legion was mos probably planned to have only 2 tiers too just like WoD but with how huge fiasco it turned out year into WoD they probably had to change plans.

Probably a good thing too. While it personally wouldn't have bothered me, I'm sure this toxic community that complains about anything would not have wanted to go through another expansion filled with demons and fel green areas. There really would not be enough variety in the zones to warrant it being an expansion.
    Hell, I'd say Mac'Aree's aesthetic was stretching things in terms of adding variety to Argus. How that spit of land managed to remain relatively uncorrupted for 10,000 years is beyond anyones guess.

OPs post does make sense or there trying to make legion last as long as possible but i was very satisfied with Legion so im fine either way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    New world(expansion) = new materials. It have been like this since the beginning.

Argus = new world
    No, it's not new world = new materials. Pandaria wasn't its own world and it still had new materials. We get new materials in a new expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    "The boy king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you." I think you've broken past this, Prince Anduin.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    I wouldn't call that a simple patch. Also you're overstating how hard it is to come up with a handful of new resources.
    I never said it was hard. Just that when they do it, it's for a new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Probably a good thing too. While it personally wouldn't have bothered me, I'm sure this toxic community that complains about anything would not have wanted to go through another expansion filled with demons and fel green areas. There really would not be enough variety in the zones to warrant it being an expansion.
    Hell, I'd say Mac'Aree's aesthetic was stretching things in terms of adding variety to Argus. How that spit of land managed to remain relatively uncorrupted for 10,000 years is beyond anyones guess.
    Yeh, the fact the legion uses it as a launching point to invade other worlds yet it is mostly untouched seems a bit weird to me.

P.S.
    In vanilla we had new materials with each level bracket...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    The professions thing makes sense. Why would herbs or ore on Azeroth exist on Argus?
    Why do there need to be herbs or ore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    P.S.
    In vanilla we had new materials with each level bracket...
    Obviously, because it was the base game. You can't go with one type of ore or herb for a whole game.

Deleted
    I like this mentality of yours really.

Scrapped. What does this even mean? Is this another way to bash Blizzard?

I mean i could say they scrapped a Vrykul class because of new models and armor. Why things have to be scrapped? You think Blizzard is made of idiots? They make decision and long-term planning. They are professionist, not random teenager with a computer, even if a lot of people in this forum think they cuold do a better work.

And you really compare our Argus with an expansion? Really? It's more like 5% of a expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I mean i could say they scrapped a Vrykul class because of new models and armor.
    Vrykul aren't a class.

Yeah, sure. So when did they decide to scrap it? Are they rushing for a new expansion idea as we speak?
    Last edited by Caaethil; 2017-09-06 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    And you really compare our Argus with an expansion? Really? It's more like 5% of a expansion.
    No, shit. Because they stopped working on it and released what they already had finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    Yeah, sure. So when did they decide to scrap it? Are they rushing for a new expansion idea as we speak?
    No, it will likely take longer now, because they changed direction mid-development. That's why there was no announcement at Gamescom. Expect the next expansion at the earliest in November 2018