Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I see someone say it is poor game design, I always think to myself what do they know about game design & what would they do better?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    Zones should have the old world mentality of a major path through the zone with small
    paths of to the side, and that is where the danger lurks. The multi-tiered zones with no
    flow of travel could be better.
    So let me get this straight, you are going to make a ruined devastated world that conveniently still has all of its roads intact? Then what is the point of having it be devastated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    burning crusade did this through pretty much every zone and nobody moaned about it back then when we spent months levelling through it.

Flying definitely made it easier but I do miss vanilla/TBC zone design.
    Flying use to be a reward & than as gold inflation became a thing, no longer was the same reward it use to be.

I miss Vanilla/TBC level design aswell. But I do miss Wrath Leveling zones aswell. Howling Fjord was a amazing zone & it is just like most zones today. Than you have Borean Tundra a boring flat piece of land.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Glad they are sticking to their guns instead of caving in to the crybabies.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It disturbs me to see them repeat the bad logic from the community forums. It tells me that they really are in an echo chamber about flying.

Oh well.

The terrain isn't even hard to navigate.

hats off to blizz for setting the cry babies asking for invincible mode in an MMO (hardly now) in their place

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ that Blue was a bit of a cunt ey.

I understand perfectly why Blizzard doesn't want to develop zones like this with flying involved. It's less work. They can devsplain it all they want. It would be interesting; albeit unlikely with nu-Blizzard, if they tried for once to design a new zone around flying. A zone that requires flying and has some interesting 3D maneuvering to get hidden chests/rewards. They can make it dangerous as well. I'd rather they brought back Fel cannons from BC than have no flying. Then again, I have almost no interest in the game anymore. So at this point they can do w/e. Ignoring the flying issue, Argus has been pretty disappointing so far. I played around in the area on my hunter for a while but I was disappointed to see it's yet another Timeless Isle type area with a bit of Isle of Giants involved. On a positive note, I love all the new creatures/demons and the overall aesthetics of the place. As usual the art team delivers.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    The terrain isn't even hard to navigate.
    Like their is a in-game map & it has a small version that they can travel with it. I understand when someone says they don't like the terrian. But saying they get lost is a head scratcher for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    hats off to blizz for setting the cry babies asking for invincible mode in an MMO (hardly now) in their place
    Except that's not what people were asking for.

Deleted
    I don't mind not flying in Argus and it makes sense but my problem with the zone is the fact that every where you go there's enemies literally everywhere and to get somewhere takes bloody years.

Oh that and the whistle being behind a reputation like c'mon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    burning crusade did this through pretty much every zone and nobody moaned about it back then when we spent months levelling through it.

Flying definitely made it easier but I do miss vanilla/TBC zone design.
    Imho the only TBC zone that was pretty hard to navigate through was Blade's Edge. Peninsula, Zangaar, Terrokar, Nagrand and Shadowmoon we're okay. Maybe Netherstorm was a bit difficult as well but there were not 4 or 5 zones that make you bang your head against the wall because they're so bad without flying. Highmountain, Stormheim, Broken Shore and Argus in Legion are zones that are horrible without flying though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I don't mind not flying in Argus and it makes sense but my problem with the zone is the fact that every where you go there's enemies literally everywhere and to get somewhere takes bloody years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The gating of the whistle was moronic. I can't wait to never have to see this palate again though. I am so tired of Fel/green spikey nonsense everywhere.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Well, I enjoy the hell out of Argus since I'm not navigationally challenged. There's craftable consumables to keep you from getting dazed off your mount if that's the problem with you people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    You know flying has fucked up the game and what level of convenience players feel entitled to, when you have players getting this frustrated because they can't beeline everywhere and might actually have to run around a ridge, or check their maps on how to get to their destination.
    Why even play an RPG if you can't deal with ANY sort of obstacle, and regard anything that is in your way as a sub-prolonging measure.

Go play a MOBA instead.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-09-06 at 06:37 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    thats actually completly idiotic - even on launch they realised how much lack of flying was and problem and just give it away and now you have to farm rep for it ? seems completly retarded timegating shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    You know flying has made the game fun .
    fixed that for you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The gating of the whistle was moronic. I can't wait to never have to see this palate again though. I am so tired of Fel/green spikey nonsense everywhere.
    well next expansion will be old goods most probably so get used to another dark themes of purple and dark blue

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Except that's not what people were asking for.
    if these whiners got what they were asking for then they would just give you WOD again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Glad they are sticking to their guns instead of caving in to the crybabies.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    [i]The zone is so drab and really feels like nothing more than broken shore 2.0...same atmosphere/scenery just with too much mob density.

Argus isn't supposed to be a friendly and hospitable place, and I wouldn't bet my gold on a demon sitting down for tea with me any time soon. If you're having trouble and finding it difficult to get around and avoid pitfalls, then Argus is working as intended.
    Found a non-warlock blue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    ow wow.... flying discussions again....rly?

I was okay, not fine, but okay, with not having flying on Argus.

Before the patch dropped, and I actually spent some time there.

The terrain is awful. I think they spent a lot of effort in trying to make it awful, so it's probably not a bug, but a feature. Doesn't change though that I wanna pull out my hair after spending 10 minutes there. I still haven't finished the whole questline on a single character. I end up searching for a rare that I can SEE on my map, but the path is COMPLETELY unclear. I end up having to search for the rare on wowhead. I have to use Coords to find the damn thing. Then I drown in a fel lava pool and being hit by 20 mobs, on the way there. That's when I aggro-rez at the spirit healer and port back to Dalaran.

All I'm seeing when I'm on Argus is the ground, because of the way our ground mounts and characters angle down at the floor. Well, that's when I'm not being followed by 10-20 demons, so all I'm seeing is them running behind my character and dazing me. Most of the relevant paths are NOT marked on the map. I have no idea where I have to go. No, I'm not going to learn the damn maze by heart. What seems to work 70% of the time is to run vaguely into the opposite direction of where you wanna go, in a huge loop, and then maybe you might luckily end up at your actual objective. .... of course, you're probably gonna die 2 times on the way there. I'm sorry, but that's TERRIBLE design. It's far worse than any map I've ever seen in WoW. In Vanilla and every expansion after, you could rely on the map to show you where you had to go, and stuff wasn't purposefullly hidden in ways to completely frustrate you.

Yeah, I'm done with Argus. I might return next expansion to get the mounts and achievements, once I can roflstomp the mobs. But even that might be too annoying, if we don't have flight there then.
    I had planned on holding out until I get the whistle, but I can NOT grind through to revered, I'd lose my sanity on the way. And I'm especially not gonna do it on my 8 alts. Whoever came up with the plan for that is completely detached from the community, or at least anything playing alts.

I'm still gonna continue playing Legion for now, because I otherwise love the expansion. This patch sadly put a huge dent in my enthusiasm for this addon. Just recently I said I consider it the best expansion so far, better even than WotLK -- well, there goes that. Anyways, I'm likely gonna stay as long as I still have some artifact appearances I'm working towards on my alts, especially the Mage Tower ones.
    Last edited by Awbee; 2017-09-06 at 07:38 AM.

If they had made Argus pleasant and hospitable, that would have been something to complain about.
    Argus = Mordor.
    It's not meant to be a vacation resort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I was okay, not fine, but okay, with not having flying on Argus.

Before the patch dropped, and I actually spent some time there.

The terrain is awful. I think they spent a lot of effort in trying to make it awful, so it's probably not a bug, but a feature. Doesn't change though that I wanna pull out my hair after spending 10 minutes there. I still haven't finished the whole questline on a single character. I end up searching for a rare that I can SEE on my map, but the path is COMPLETELY unclear. I end up having to search for the rare on wowhead. I have to use Coords to find the damn thing. Then I drown in a fel lava pool and being hit by 20 mobs, on the way there. That's when I aggro-rez at the spirit healer and port back to Dalaran.

All I'm seeing when I'm on Argus is the ground, because of the way our ground mounts and characters angle down at the floor. Well, that's when I'm not being followed by 10-20 demons, so all I'm seeing is them running behind my character and dazing me. Most of the relevant paths are NOT marked on the map. I have no idea where I have to go. No, I'm not going to learn the damn maze by heart. What seems to work 70% of the time is to run vaguely into the opposite direction of where you wanna go, in a huge loop, and then maybe you might luckily end up at your actual objective. .... of course, you're probably gonna die 2 times on the way there. I'm sorry, but that's TERRIBLE design. It's far worse than any map I've ever seen in WoW. In Vanilla and every expansion after, you could rely on the map to show you where you had to go.

Yeah, I'm done with Argus. I might return next expansion to get the mounts and achievements, once I can roflstomp the mobs. But even that might be too annoying, if we don't have flight there then.
    I had planned on holding out until I get the whistle, but I can NOT grind through to revered, I'll lose my sanity on the way. And I'm especially not gonna do it on my 8 alts. Whoever came up with the plan for that is completely detached from the community, or at least anything playing alts.

I'm still gonna continue playing Legion, because I otherwise love the expansion. This patch sadly put a huge dent in my enthusiasm for this addon. Just recently I said I consider it a greater expansion than WotLK -- well, there goes that. Anyways, I'm likely gonna stay as long as I still have some artifact appearances I'm working towards on my alts, especially the Mage Tower ones.
    So Sam and Frodo turn around, say "Sorry Gandalf, we hate that place"?