Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    This Ornyx guy seems really salty and a bit cocky.

I get that we don't get flying right away, but now we had Argus for a lockout and i've seen the lava, mountains/ridges and demons and it feels i've seen it all. Also doubt the last zone will be much different.
    Blizzard has a 3 week plan for the opening of Argus, so wait those 3 weeks + one lockout then just give flying back. By then we've seen it all plenty of times while running around on the ground doing the dailies, again.

I was antiflyer for a while, but then realized it is just stupid to not have flying. They implemented this feature decade ago and try to fight it for couple of years.

Genie is indeed out of the bottle. Wow will just look more like ass for fighting this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    without flying the game just doesn't feel fun, I agree the genie out of the bottle we are used to using that stash of flying mounts we all have worked so hard to acquire and all the sudden boom, no more use, yeah no thanks blizz, thats when I quit game, Argus is ugly enough with out flying, I think I was really enjoying Legion too, that enjoyment is all gone.
    STFU LAZY BITCH omg this kids crying about flying...holy !#$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sirio View Post
    STFU LAZY BITCH omg this kids crying about flying...holy !#$
    Such a constructive post from you explaining in detail as to why you disagree with him.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    If it were me I'd allow flying, but, Since we're on a hostile planet with tons of ships around, they kill you near instantly when you fly, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WOULD FUCKING HAPPEN!! You think the Legion would just look at all the people flying about and NOT blast them down with their ships?
    >points at the vindicar just casually chilling in the air with no one attagking the VERY FUCKING OBVIOUS FLYING SHIP

Deleted
    Looks like subs are back at 10M, given the tone of blue answers.
    Good for the company's profits I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    Lets face it. Argus is "hell". It's not meant to be easy. People just need to get over it.
    This. People forget that they're playing an RPG. They're literally complaining to the Dungeon Master why things aren't like they want to.
    Wrong genre.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    without flying the game just doesn't feel fun, I agree the genie out of the bottle we are used to using that stash of flying mounts we all have worked so hard to acquire and all the sudden boom, no more use, yeah no thanks blizz, thats when I quit game, Argus is ugly enough with out flying, I think I was really enjoying Legion too, that enjoyment is all gone.
    Agreed.

No flying at max level in wow is just blizz making sure to hinder you though travel. It's one of the lowest forms of design and development one can do to hinder a gamer.

Even after you have seen the largest majority of the zone, lets make sure to hinder the gamers in getting to the action. The part of the game that is most enjoyable or exciting and fun, lets design it so gamers have a hinderance in getting to that part of the game. Slow them down with some of the worse world design we can make.

I also love how blizz hides behind the "don't ask rhetorical question" BS answer. Makes them not have to answer the more direct questions thats for sure.

No flying the way blizz keeps doing it is one of the top 5 things that stops me from playing wow. Their constant selling of flying mounts, using them as rewards to then only deny you using their ability to fly in content you might actually want to play and lets be honest. Trash mobs is content barely worth mingling with once much less 30 times as blizz hopes you will. As if that was ever fun or enjoyable.

blizz has developed a pretty "F"ing warped sense of how to keep things enjoyable because their current design with end game flying isn't it.

I get the feeling they look at argus and think, hey dumbass! Run around that path one more time because that death by a 100 cuts is working out great in our design. It's not fun but that grind is just around the corner.

2016: We want legacy server! We want to play vanilla again!

2017: Give us flying on new zones! We don't want to run around and waste time!

2018: What will you hold for us?

I agree and disagree with the whole convo about flying,

I do think flying needs to be introduced in Argus, but I don't think it should be right now. Either time gate it say behind the first heroic Argus kill or make a pathfinder part 3, both factions to revered, each new place explored and x amount of unique world quests completed. Let us see the content and appreciate it, but then let us have a easier time on alts.

And in fairness (I could be wrong...) Argus I'm sure is the biggest 'addtional' patch content we've had in terms of land mass. It's defo bigger than Quel'dunas or Tanann.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post

Different people have different opinions.

15+ Year Old Account
    So much whining because of not being able to fly. Wow...
    Aside from that, the CM seems to be quite annoyed, too - snappy responses, though still with a lot of background behind it.

I like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue posting with a whole lot of attitude.

So much god damned whining in those posts. These players are such crybabies! Good on Blues for even bothering to respond

The level of special snow flakes in the game is alarming. Damn I kinda like how they do flying but if suddenly they went back on it I certainly wouldn't spend my days acting like a bitch over it.

One quote in particular stuck out to me:

"I do think, however, that there are folks in the community who are 'close minded' to entertaining an idea of "maybe you shouldn't be able to fly around and skip all the content when new areas are released"."

WHAT content? The content of getting dazed?

The actual content on Argus, as in the questlines and world quests, would not get "skipped" if people could fly. It would just take slightly less time to do them. Just like people still do world quests in the older Legion zones now that we have flying there.

As for the rest of the content in game, such as raid, dungeons, arenas, battlegrounds, pet battles etc etc, those are not affected by flying and would therefor not get skipped either if we could fly on Argus.

I would not have nearly as much of an issue with no flying on Argus if we were daze immune again like in WoD.

Also I would most certainly prefer larger more open zones with less terrain, with or without flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    One quote in particular stuck out to me:

"I do think, however, that there are folks in the community who are 'close minded' to entertaining an idea of "maybe you shouldn't be able to fly around and skip all the content when new areas are released"."

WHAT content? The content of getting dazed?

The actual content on Argus, as in the questlines and world quests, would not get "skipped" if people could fly. It would just take slightly less time to do them. Just like people still do world quests in the older Legion zones now that we have flying there.

As for the rest of the content in game, such as raid, dungeons, arenas, battlegrounds, pet battles etc etc, those are not affected by flying and would therefor not get skipped either if we could fly on Argus.

I would not have nearly as much of an issue with no flying on Argus if we were daze immune again like in WoD.

Also I would most certainly prefer larger more open zones with less terrain, with or without flying.
    You know there's an item that makes you immune to daze, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorges View Post
    This. People forget that they're playing an RPG. They're literally complaining to the Dungeon Master why things aren't like they want to.
    Wrong genre.
    Yeah, it's also a game, which is supposed to be fun. RPG explanations don't really hold up when there's literally no RPG left in WoW anymore.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post

Vanilla and Flying go well together. I would like to play Vanilla over Legion every day and I'd be totally ok without flying. Vanilla had much better map design and you don't miss flying because you absolutely don't need it.
    Legions map design is absolutely terrible for ground mounts. Stormheim, High Mountain, Suramar, Broken Shore and Argus are designed so terrible that navigating without a mount is time-consuming and not fun at all.

"Players should no longer be able to use high item level Holiday items at low levels."

Aww, I was entertained by the rogue in my Hellfire Ramparts dungeon that was using an 810 mace at level 59. I guess I won't get the chance to test that out.