Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    At first few weeks, it's fun. After a while it will get to "Who goes there" and "Somethings not quite right" level of obnoxious.

Forcing to afk under a barrier is not fun at all. At least now we can move around dodging the blast, Matrix style.

I actually loved having to hide with a bunch of other ppl, actually even talked to some of them and had a few laughs in chat. Unfortunately they decided to gut the zone mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    No, it's a ship on the Antoran wastes.
    Every few hours or so you get a debuff saying it is approaching... Once it is there you can see a "moving Sentinaxx on the map" and the debuff starts ticking for damage (ergo; you are being shot at from it).

It's quite annoying really... the 1st time i got the debuff i had no idea what was actually happening, so it did kill me. :P
    Ah I guess I have just not seen it yet.
    Last edited by Aquinan; 2017-09-06 at 03:21 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    yea dying is not supposed to be fun. get your own "gameplay" together and try to not die. easy. there have been oneshot mechanics plenty of times.
    "Gameplay"? You mean alt tab for 5 minutes while you afk under shield? Or log off and come back 5 minutes later? Yeah, so engaging and fun gameplay, much mechanics, so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I have witnessed the Paraxus only once, but it was glorious. .
    I knew there would be someone who would claim Paraxus would be awesome. I first encountered Paraxus when I zoned in and it was already up. Made it 20 steps and then dead. Didn't realize I had to wait and ran back to my corps and then dead again. 2nd time, I was there when the warning went out, so I stopped everything to go sit under a shield for that awesome event. 3rd time, I exited a mini invasion and got 1 shotted.

It's a garbage design meant to annoy and troll the players and give that false sense "of a dangerous world" designed by people like you, who think just randomly dying out of the blue is an "awesome experience". I give it a thumbs down because they give you a huge advance warning, so there is no real sense of "oh shit, gotta get to the shield". If they wanted to make it feel a little bit more dangerous, nerf the one shot, make it instantly spawn with no warning but give people have a chance to get cover. Right now, it's just a TROLOLOL to the people who zone in and didn't get the warning.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-09-06 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    I got nuked out of the blue about 5 times, it's an insta death, it's no fun at all.
    This is the exact reason it was nerfed. Despite the zone-wide yell from Alleria, the giant pop-up appearing on your screen, and the debuff the average shitter still didn't notice it and get to cover.

The people who whined about the Paraxis are probably the same ones whining that Legion hasn't acted like a threat worthy of their reputation.

It was a run for cover and get the fuck out and felt pretty impactful. Now it is just waddle back and forth for a few seconds.
    "run to that point and stand there for 5-10 minutes until you can go back as if nothing happened" feels impactful to you?

Original Para was stupid. Mandatory afk for 1 min every 5 mins. SO FUN! SO INNOVATIVE!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a run for cover and get the fuck out and felt pretty impactful. Now it is just waddle back and forth for a few seconds.
    Dude it's a mandatory AFK it's really dumb. Rather than just being able to dodge missiles or soak damage you have to run back to a safe spot and sit there for 5 minutes, all the while drop what you're doing. That's not being a whiner. That's complaining about a legitimate issue.

Paraxis (Pre nerf)- The Legion's ULTIMATE Weapon. The "GTFO" of the Legion's Capital ship. The "You will die if you don't hide" ship. The Ship that makes people know the power of the Legion.

Paraxis (Post nerf)- Sentinax 2.0.

People need to realize that some of us want a challenge.

However, Casual's complained about a 20 second AFK wait, and/or Repair bots, and Blizzard nerfed one of the greatest things in 7.3.

I hate the community sometimes, I swear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    "Fun" Damn, I'm really behind in the times.

I get the whole immersion thing, we're on a dangerous world blah blah, but you shouldn't be punished for wanting to do content. Having to stand under barriers for minutes is ridiculous.
    That's kind of what makes the Legion's Capital A FUCKING LEGION CAPITAL! Who cares about hiding for 2 minutes? You can go back and finish the WQ's after.

have you ever wiped on an encouinter at all in your life? lmfao.

i get the noobness protection, but theres a point in time where after the 20TH TIME it gets a little easier.
    Difference is there is a reward for raiding. The only thing the Paraxus gives is a repair bill.

Deleted
    Because tapping your fingers for 5min for something pointless like this isn't fun... It isn't terrible but it is pointless

There is a big warning on your screen and sound and stuff.. I don't know how it was "out of the blue"
    A lot of people play without sounds. I personally tend to listen to audiobooks or podcasts while playing, because the sound from the game is not very engaging.

I did see a flashing message saying "The Paraxus is coming", which did nothing to explain what it meant. From my perspective, only by dying to it would you be able to know what it does. And it basically stops whatever you're doing for no reason. I haven't gotten bored of Argus stuff yet, so I don't feel the need to stop playing for no reason. Dying has no impact other than wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Paraxis (Pre nerf)- The Legion's ULTIMATE Weapon. The "GTFO" of the Legion's Capital ship. The "You will die if you don't hide" ship. The Ship that makes people know the power of the Legion.

Paraxis (Post nerf)- Sentinax 2.0.

However, Casual's complained about a 20 second AFK wait, and/or Repair bots, and Blizzard nerfed one of the greatest things in 7.3.

I hate the community sometimes, I swear.

- - - Updated - - -

That's kind of what makes the Legion's Capital A FUCKING LEGION CAPITAL! Who cares about hiding for 2 minutes? You can go back and finish the WQ's after.

LOL you want a challenge? The challenge of walking to a shield and literally afking for 5 minutes? That's what you consider a challenge? You're honestly delusional.

With the new Paraxis, you can now either walk back and AFK underneath a bubble or you can go out into the battlefield and dodge incoming spaceship bombardment while fighting demons. I don't know about you but the second option sounds like a much bigger challenge.

Lmao it wasn't run for cover, It was walk to cover or out of the area while it constantly shouts at you to get out of the way for goddamn ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chickopenny View Post
    LOL you want a challenge? The challenge of walking to a shield and literally afking for 5 minutes? That's what you consider a challenge? You're honestly delusional.

With the new Paraxis, you can now either walk back and AFK underneath a bubble or you can go out into the battlefield and dodge incoming spaceship bombardment while fighting demons. I don't know about you but the second option sounds like a much bigger challenge.
    Not only that but it makes it feel more interactive

have you ever wiped on an encouinter at all in your life? lmfao.

i get the noobness protection, but theres a point in time where after the 20TH TIME it gets a little easier.
    I think the point of it went over your head..... Sure, its a slightly interesting new mechanic the first time, but I dont play WoW to have to go afk in a cave for 5min because an overhead completely unavoidable ship will 1 shot me

Deleted
    I sometimes think some players would consider putting out cigarettes on their face to be fun

Sure is fun to have to go afk for a few minutes without any countering

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Didnt witness the Paraxis myself. But I have to ask. Where is the Challenge in: "If you leave the Shield and play the game you die at this moment"
    Thats not a Challange, thats a, "Just dont play right now"

Sure, i´m pretty sure I would´ve laughed like hell the first time I would´ve seen the warning and while figuring out what is going to happen beeing oneshot.
    For the next few times it would´ve probably even be funny to see the reactions.
    But later on, it would only Annoy and subtract from gameplay, if I have to stop playing for an "Event".

(Funny, usually Events should engange players to participate, and not the Opposite)