Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the terrain is fine. My problem is certain areas are so packed with mobs it's impossible to survive if you're not in a party or playing a certain class.
    Non-world quest mobs also respawn too fast and for some reason you get aggro form mobs that you're not even attacking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yes it is. Yes, you should try it. Here's a tip for you - things are rarely all good or all bad and when someone uses a product and it has flaws it IS ADULT to give feedback.

I realize that in your simplistic worldview this is called 'hating' but don't worry, once you grow up you'll understand.
    You are no good at trolling and should probably stop. Now, since you obviously just glossed over my comment, let me point out again:

1. Go to the official Blizz Feedback page on BNet
    2. Register your complaint and offer feedback to correct the situation
    3. Unsub, listing the complaint as the reason for the unsub
    4. Find something to do other than haunt FAN SITES with your negative attitude
    5. Confirm they made the change and resub. If no change, stay unsubbed and move on.

Of course, there is always the off chance they will rectify your issue and step 3 will be unnecessary. But, given that Blizz seldom listens to rude and fanatical feedback on third party fansites, you will likely need to go directly to step 3 and do us ALL the favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I had more fun in MoP than Argus (I wasn't a warlock back in the time but a rogue and we were a rogue group :-D )

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    After seeing the zones in Argus ... I don't see how Blizzard thinks they couldn't have made an Argus expansion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I agree with the OP.

I understand what the design of Argus seeks to achieve in keeping with the fantasy, lore and storyline. But, even if Argus is supposed to be ugly, something is missing that makes it badass. I think Blizzard design has lost the ability to create an environment that is 'badass'. Let me give you a simple example. Back in Molton Core, the design and layout was also like Argus - shapeless, ugly and rotund - but there was a key difference: Molten Core felt 'badass'. When I entered MC, I told myself "wow this place is hot". By contrast, when I first came to Argus, I was like "yea whatever lets get this over with and get the loot. Oh right. that is the new grind. This or that is the new system. Oh right. Its just more of the same. Oh by the way, this place is ugly and the routes are stupid". There is no epic feeling. No feeling that Argus is badass. I never looked at the "green-ness" of Argus to say "oooh wow this fel earth is deadly" the same way that I looked at the "red-ness" of MC and said "oooh wow this molten lava place is hot". I do not even feel interested in the Argus lore or cinematics. WTF is the name Argus anyway, it has never featured in any lore before this. All in all, Argus is symptomatic of something very deep seated in the game:- Blizzard has extensively reinvented and innovated Wow over the past years, and in WoW Legion Blizzards approach is to release more content more frequently. But there is one key point I think Blizzard has missed, and do not understand: the player base does not want the same content repackaged with ilvl bumps or numbers tweaks. The content that the user base needs to remain 'sticky' are innovations, ie. Blizzard must reinvent the game to keep it fresh. Not simply churning out new zones and dialed-up ilvls.
    Last edited by xalai; 2017-09-06 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.
    Firstly why do you need flying on Argus?
    The reason is to experience Argus on foot.

After reading the rest of your post i feel a MMORPG is not the game for you. Maybe CoD might be your style. So i recommend for you to unsub and choo choo out of Azeroth.

Frodo and Sam were surely sick of Mordor, but they stayed and did what they came to do.
    I mean, if I had told you years ago that the Legion home world would be a fel wasteland swarming with hostile demons, would you have been shocked?

I too don't like Argus. I was super excited when it came out, and literally 5 hours in and I'm done. I've already unsubbed because it's just no fun for me. The map is too dark, the pathing is moronic, and the mob density way too high(to the point where I fought at a place for a good 2-3 minutes non-stop because the mobs just kept spawning while I'm trying to mount up to move to the next quest.)

I don't like the direction WoW is heading. Before when flying is just a gold sink, sure you can make new content and restrict flying or whatever. Now it's an earned achivement, and once I earn it, I want to use it. I'm no long at an age where I have time to sit around trying to find my way across poor design. I don't want to see a quest that's literally a few hundred yards in front of me, but have to run the wrong way around wasting time just because the developers are now seemingly running out of ideas, so they use "travel time" to lengthen the amount of time I have to spend in game. I just want to be able to experience the quests then fly to the next one.

So bye WoW until the next time I want to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Silly question.

But what if someone is forcing you to play the game consistently?

Surely forced time spent doesn't equal enjoyment?
    The fundamental issue is that people like him view the game as a job/chore. They essentially act like they're forced to play it everyday. It's addiction. They can't stop playing (what else would they do), but they're not satisified with it either. :-/ Sort-of a no win situation with such people. I've always maintained that the issue isn't with the game, but myself, my expectations, my feeling of being burnt-out, etc. :-) As for me, I've been un-subscribed for about half a year, just due to said burnout, but I feel the game has nothing to do with that.

In conclusion, most people who bitch so much need to stop looking at the game and start looking at themselves.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    The fundamental issue is that people like him view the game as a job/chore. They essentially act like they're forced to play it everyday. It's addiction. They can't stop playing (what else would they do), but they're not satisified with it either. :-/ Sort-of a no win situation with such people. I've always maintained that the issue isn't with the game, but myself, my expectations, my feeling of being burnt-out, etc. :-) As for me, I've been un-subscribed for about half a year, just due to said burnout, but I feel the game has nothing to do with that.

In conclusion, most people who bitch so much need to stop looking at the game and start looking at themselves.
    For all you stupid people this means stop reflecting your personal issues on a game meant to be enjoyed.

I totally agree with the OP. Personally I am hoping for the next expansion to be about your own ship between tropical pirate islands drinking grog and capturing doubloons and maidens!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Of course it isn't. It's because you're equating two different things as if they are the same just because he's using similar words.

OP is talking about the game being intentionally designed with time-wasting elements that force the player to spend more of their time in the game doing menial tasks in order to achieve any progress. That has no congruency with the rational choice theory, which is about logical decision making within individuals. It's a complaint over (perceived) badly designed content. It's got nothing to do with the player making a bad choice, as nothing in his complaint shows that his decision was wrong in any way. He simply had many criticisms of the way the content was designed.

In essence, when someone voiced complaint that the roads they took weren't well maintained and should be improved, you spun the entire argument around to be that person's fault for irrationality choosing to drive and having inadvertently taking that path. You were quick to blame the OP. In my first response to you, you were also quick to blame me for 'Blizzard bashing' despite me having no position there. What I'm telling you is simple - you made incorrect assumptions and as a result, you made incorrect statements. There is no irrationality in choosing to play only to be disappointed by the content, and having criticisms or complaints over the experience.

That's like if you said you watched a bad movie and (in your own explanation) the logical response should be that this was your own fault for irrationaly choosing to watch movies knowing there are bad ones out there, and that you're potentially an addict.
    First off your analogies are terrible. They don't even make any sense. So I'm not going to address them beyond showing you where you mistake lies.

For your roads analogy. The enjoyment measured would be that specific road... not driving altogether. I didn't make the assumption that the OP doesn't like MMOs or video games.

For your movies you did the same thing. You use the broader movies as a genre, rather than sticking to something like a series. If you go see Transformers (Michael Bay) and haven't liked any of them beyond the very first, and you make the decision to go see Transformers 4, expecting it to be different... that is an IRRATIONAL choice. Past experience should tell you, that if did not like 2, or 3, you probably wouldn't like 4. So at some level you enjoy watching movies perhaps even bad ones, as you may like the opportunity to analyze the movie/story to describe where it was bad.

Nobody is forcing you or the OP to play. These "time wasting" elements you speak of ARE PART OF THE GAME. So despite your or the OPs issue with it. The reward (at this point) is sufficient enough to waste that time. Thus the perceived benefit is greater than his grievances. Meaning... wait for it... that the OP is in fact outright lying, because he DOES ENJOY the game on the whole. Thus making the statement "time played = enjoyment" true. Which is pretty pathetic, as the journey should be fun... not the ending, and if we were on a spectrum of enjoyment. 1-10. 1 being fuck this game I quit, and 10 being Blizzard shits flowery gold nuggets. I'd say that the OP is probably a 6. Leans more to enjoyment but is 1 straw away from a broken back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post

This @Thimagryn... I'm not the only one who sees it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    For all you stupid people this means stop [projecting] your personal issues on a game meant to be enjoyed.
    Fixed that for you. But very true.

The enjoyment measured would be that specific road... not driving altogether.
    So why are you only addressing the OP's enjoyment on WoW altogether rather than addressing the specific content he's talking about? You're reasoning that he doesn't like or enjoy WoW. How do you know if he likes or hates raiding, PVP or any other aspect of the game if he's said nothing about that? Instead you've jumped to the conclusion that 'no one is forcing him to play', which is akin to telling him 'no one is forcing him to drive if he didn't like that specific road'.

'Don't like then unsub' is an empty defensive response. You just don't like hearing complaints so you're finding reasons to try to get people to stop complaining, and the simplest response is 'no one is forcing you to play'. You haven't addressed any individual point the OP has made. It's very obvious where your intentions lie. You've even projected your own bias of 'anyone who responds negatively to me must be a Blizzard basher'.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Nobody is forcing you or the OP to play. These "time wasting" elements you speak of ARE PART OF THE GAME.
    And everyone has the right to complain about it. It's not irrational as you deem it to be. You think it's crazy that people complain about things that are inconvenient to them, but that's absolutely normal. You're just stubborn in thinking the world has to work as you see it and you're projecting your own bias on everyone else as a result. No one lives to your standard that complaints only happen about inconveniences that are completely outside of their control.

Complaints aren't the end of the world dude, chill out. You don't have to demonize them as irrational actions of an addicted mind.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-09-06 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    All that you said is just your bullshit assumptions I never claimed any of that but ofc you can't read can you. It would be much better for the game if all the people like you that don't listen could at least read but hell no.

You see the problem here is that people like you are even more useless than bots. Bots learn to play in a scripted manner that involves avoiding shit on the floor, reacting to situations etc. On contrary the people like you tunnel vision. They obviously can't hear anything because "hey dude cool kids dont have mic and headphones" (translation: Im too young to work) and at the same time they don't read warnings like lets say DBM or GTFO telling you to do exactly that?

And no I don't care to talk to anyone in game I just interact with them to reach a goal. It would be stupid to assume that you can reach goals without interacting unless ofc your goals are meaningless like competing for loot at LFR level which by now Im sure is the maximum level of content you have ever reached.

Ultimately I really don't care how you feel about communicating simply because you and me don't play the same game. You are the cannon fodder you exist for my fun while I go out of my way to gank some bads and you exist because we always need someone to buy what we sell for extortionate prices and at the end of the day you exist to give everyone else a false notion that this world is living and breathing even if I have seen 3 day cadavers with more life than you.

P.S. Stop forcing your existence on others mate we don't owe it to you to carry you or live next to you. You are like a bad neighbor. You shit in your own yard sure but we can still smell it. Do us all a favor go play LoL.

P.S. 2: Imagine how lazy you are asking for QoL improvements to Argus where there are more portals than players after midnight. Get real bro.

- - - Updated - - -
    I love how you tell me I'm assuming shit and here you are, doing it non stop.
    Not everything you do in MMOs needs to be difficult - Open world content certainly doesn't. Get real.

Half of what you wrote had nothing to do with what I said and the other half is you making shit up. That means it's 100% Bullshit.

All that you said is just your bullshit assumptions I never claimed any of that
    I never even said you did. It's basically the counter argument to your point:
    2. Bad: Everything happens in seconds.
    How is it a bad thing to find people that want to do the same thing faster and with less difficulty?
    Just because the group finder exists doesn't mean the content has to be easy too - it's actually the opposite, easy access to groups and people means content doesn't have to be solo-able.
    So instead of telling me to read, how about you fix your issues first?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-09-06 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Fuck me, 37 pages. Argus must be a real shit hole i guess. Macaree seems to be a bit of a change of pace though.
    If you like wading through dozens of pointless mobs on your way to do a World Quest then you will love Argus. If you don't like wading through dozens of pointless mobs on your way to do a World Quest then you will prolly find it a bit shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    So why are you only addressing the OP's enjoyment on WoW altogether rather than addressing the specific content he's talking about? You're reasoning that he doesn't like or enjoy WoW. How do you know if he likes or hates raiding, PVP or any other aspect of the game if he's said nothing about that? Instead you've jumped to the conclusion that 'no one is forcing him to play', which is akin to telling him 'no one is forcing him to drive if he didn't like that specific road'.

'Don't like then unsub' is an empty defensive response. You just don't like hearing complaints so you're finding reasons to try to get people to stop complaining, and the simplest response is 'no one is forcing you to play'. You haven't addressed any individual point the OP has made. It's very obvious where your intentions lie. You've even projected your own bias of 'anyone who responds negatively to me must be a Blizzard basher'.

And everyone has the right to complain about it. It's not irrational as you deem it to be. You think it's crazy that people complain about things that are inconvenient to them, but that's absolutely normal. You're just stubborn in thinking the world has to work as you see it and you're projecting your own bias on everyone else as a result. No one lives to your standard that complaints only happen about inconveniences that are completely outside of their control.

Complaints aren't the end of the world dude, chill out. You don't have to demonize them as irrational actions of an addicted mind.
    Holy fuck dude are you for real?

Because Blizzard's metric on the game is "time played".

HIS FUCKING WORDS... HIS.
    This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment".
    That is a metric for the overall game. Not specific patches. So regardless of what his stupid rant of a post was about (7.3). He is making a claim against the OVERALL experience, Legion, PvP, raids, WQs, leveling, legendaries, artifacts etc.

I address the overall experience, because there is no metric for 7.3 specifically.

There are only 2 options here.

(1) The OP is not being truthful, and is being hyperbolic and his reflections on 7.3 are bleeding into his overall experience in Legion/WoW.
    Enjoyment > Grievances

(2) The OP is being truthful and has some personal issues to work out (or just needs to quit).
    Enjoyment < Grievances

Complaints in and of themselves are not irrational, and you're either not fucking paying attention (because I never said that) or your purposely misrepresenting my argument and you're trolling. They are particularly not irrational, if you are ACTUALLY enjoying the game. Which means that the OP likely made the comment,
    This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment".
    out of frustration, and does not reflect his true feelings, as he does (probably) actually enjoy OTHER aspects of the game.

But then that means that "Time Played" = "Enjoyment" is true... which (coming full mother fucking circle) was my first and only response to this stupid ass thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who just returned back to WoW, best advice is to unsub. I did because I got a better job but now that I have managed my time properly I resubbed and love Argus and everything. This is coming from someone who blacked out 3-5 years of his life with nothing but WoW, having relationships with girls on WoW (some I met IRL, some I didn't). Unsubbing was hard but it helped me so much with appreciating the game and enjoying it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't overly impressed or disappointed with Argus. I unlocked the content, got there, and was like "meh." That's the best way I can sum up my reaction to most of the recent content. I'm entertained just enough to log in semi-regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Frodo and Sam were surely sick of Mordor, but they stayed and did what they came to do.
    I mean, if I had told you years ago that the Legion home world would be a fel wasteland swarming with hostile demons, would you have been shocked?
    Sooo because Doom franchise is about bringing hell into world it should have inffuriating level design, mobs with map hack and aim bot (because they are demons duh! they should be scary) because?
    Are people really create some leaps in logic to explain blizzard laziness?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    For all you stupid people this means stop reflecting your personal issues on a game meant to be enjoyed.
    Well but said game is created in mind with being online and playing as much as possible. Isnt this creating addictive behaviour? Because wow currently is created exactly with endless playtime in mind. Objectively speaking, every second you are not on your main grinding like madman you are objectively hampering your progress.

So, is it really people fault that addicts play game which create addictive behaviour and even encourage it with gameplay design?

Quote Originally Posted by op3l View Post
    I too don't like Argus. I was super excited when it came out, and literally 5 hours in and I'm done. I've already unsubbed because it's just no fun for me. The map is too dark, the pathing is moronic, and the mob density way too high(to the point where I fought at a place for a good 2-3 minutes non-stop because the mobs just kept spawning while I'm trying to mount up to move to the next quest.)

I don't like the direction WoW is heading. Before when flying is just a gold sink, sure you can make new content and restrict flying or whatever. Now it's an earned achivement, and once I earn it, I want to use it. I'm no long at an age where I have time to sit around trying to find my way across poor design. I don't want to see a quest that's literally a few hundred yards in front of me, but have to run the wrong way around wasting time just because the developers are now seemingly running out of ideas, so they use "travel time" to lengthen the amount of time I have to spend in game. I just want to be able to experience the quests then fly to the next one.

So bye WoW until the next time I want to play again.
    I mean...how much time do you spend doing your dailies in argus? It isn't long at all. You mean "time travel". There was no time travel in Legion, you are thinking of WoD. I hate having to waste time trying to find my way to a quest too, but that is NOT anything new at all. Once you figure out where it is as well...then it wont be an issue anymore.