Poll: If Forsaken Could Be Cured of Undeath

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Personally I don't see them get cured in sense of returning to human life. But their torment can end by soul transfer into a functional body, which either is flesh crafted or maybe golemancy. If that option happens pretty sure they will stay with the Horde, even if they likely become less vile.

Edit: The short on the restoration of Nanathos shows there is possiblity of this, but takes to much. My guess if they can end up controlling Yogg-Saron this might become a feasable future of the forsaken.
    Last edited by Eucep; 2017-09-05 at 06:00 PM.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The souls of the undead (Forsaken, PC death knights, ghouls, etc.) are imperfectly attached to their bodies; the dark magic that sustains them is a buffer that prevents their souls from properly joining with their bodies. This is why undead feel only faint sensations of pain or discomfort from most physical stimuli, and why the Light is so painful to their existence. (Source)
    Hmm...interesting. So it IS magic. WTF is "dark" magic, though? Is that a reference to the void or shadow, or just a metaphor? I suspect the former, since the light causes them pain and discomfort.

Anyway, the rest of my post still stands. Simply 'curing' someone of undeath wouldn't change their beliefs or experiences during their time as Forsaken. Although I suppose it's possible that their mental state might be just as impacted by the "dark magic" as their physical body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    But again personally I don't think it should be ever possible. There should be rules and limits.
    In a world with "magic", there is no such thing as rules or limits.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Hmm...interesting. So it IS magic. WTF is "dark" magic, though? Is that a reference to the void or shadow, or just a metaphor? I suspect the former, since the light causes them pain and discomfort.
    Metaphor. It's most likely Death magic at work, but it was used with ill intent.

after the acceptance of death knights, i wonder if some forsaken did try to defect to the alliance to be with family? death knights are every bit as undead, and more dangerous by their very nature.

i don't know though. it'd depend on the individual's mindset.

It's right there in the quote I provided: "I might have been able to do it, and so could one or two others, but if they had, they would have admitted it."
    Sorry, I read it wrong previously. I dunno what to think about it, on one hand Mages did dealt with Necromancy, but basicly giving back new body and new life is something that God could do or Titan, the only thing that could somehow reason why Aegwyn was able to do that would be for her to raise Medivh right after he was killed.

But then again I'm not that much familiar with this subject. I'm quite behind the lore changes and new stuff nowadays.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

From what we've seen since wotlk, I'd be willing to bet real money on the forsaken refusing the cure.

I don't know if it can actually happen.

I have this unsubstantiated head canon that undead aren't the actual people they were in life. For example, Sylvanas' soul has moved on to the afterlife; what we think of as Sylvanas is just a creature with her memories and the worst parts of her personality, who thinks she's Sylvanas. That being why undead see "only darkness" when they die for reals - they don't actually have a soul, because they are artifical simulacra of the living, inhabiting the corpse of a once-living being.

If that were the case, you couldn't really cure undeath without putting the original soul back in the body.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that could somehow reason why Aegwyn was able to do that would be for her to raise Medivh right after he was killed.
    It wasn't right after, it was years later. It took Aegwynn that long to gather the power because she was so depleted.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would make joining the forsaken a true way to become inmortal...

Get killed first time
    Rezzed as undead
    Go back to become living
    Get killed
    Rezzed as undead
    etc...

They would still remain in the Horde cause the Alliance wont just trust them again just because there bodies are no longer decaying!

Plus they would need to try to get the land healed so they can start to produce food something a undead doesnt need to do. They would need the Hordes help to rebuild.

Its the Forsaken who seem to keep the whole Horde V Ally thing going cause the other races dont seem to care much for it now since Garrosh died.

"If" they were to be cured the soldiers would stay loyal (like Nathanos), but civilians (like Lilian Voss) would try to reach out to their old families.
    But characters that are neither soldier or civilian... they probably identify as Forsaken now and embrace it, and would reject a cure. (Priests esp.)

I'd rather they try to fix the making more undead problem. Like, maybe with Necromancers and Death Knights. Or Alchemists trying to improve undeath so they can once again bite living humans to give them the plague and turn them into undead as well. (That way a Forsaken can find their living family and they'll all be together again! Yay!)

The answer to that question is: whatever the writers decide.

How can you "cure" dead person to be fully alive?

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't right after, it was years later. It took Aegwynn that long to gather the power because she was so depleted.
    So is he alive or what? Where the flip is he, what is he doing, and was that the real actual CURRENT Medivh in new Karazhan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    I'm not so sure that they cant feel emotions tbh... Are they, truly, incapable of love or do they simply deny themselves such because of what they've become?

This is from a quest that was removed in Cataclysm:

''Oh...my poor Thurman! I begged him to leave Agamand Mills with me and my father, but his family loyalty was too strong! And I knew it! I just knew it that Brand meant him harm!! Oh, curse this Plague, and the Scourge!

<Yvette's face then smoothes and grows cold.>

But regrets are for the weak. As a Forsaken, I have new goals and love is not one of them. I would thank you for delivering this letter, for I had wondered what happened to my past love.

But that life is over. Forever.
    ''

Seems like, atleast to me, that they can feel emotion but choose to refuse it. Could be wrong.
    It pretty much seems to be denial of their emotions. Sylvanas, a few dark rangers, Nathanos and the one you mentioned have all secretly shown their true emotional self before instantly trying to shrug it off with a cold exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    In a world with "magic", there is no such thing as rules or limits.
    Kinda, yeah. But each good fantasy universe has it's rules and limits., that there are certain upassable borders.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I just wish the Undead looked more serious. The race itself along with most undead creatures, they look silly and cheesy. Personally, I think RPing an Undead could have been a rather deep process. Instead, the whimsical approach along with the forced presence of Sylvanas, bottlenecks the RP into something shallow, predictable and cheesy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken should be exterminated from the Azeroth. Its not race - its mistake, result of dark magic and necromancy. They even worse than Scourge - whos atleast mindless mass who held in check by Lich King. While Forsaken roam free killing innocents and corrupting lands under leadership of psycho who trying to secure her own immortality.

The Ebon Blade atleast pledge themselves for better good of Azeroth and its security, while Forsaken and their leader care only for their own good and "survival".

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    The Ebon Blade atleast pledge themselves for better good of Azeroth and its security
    While they attack everyone that actualy protects Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Clearly they do so in good faith.

How can you "cure" dead person to be fully alive? Sorry but I find it doubtful to be ever doable.
    Fairbanks was cured of undeath.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That the difference. EB will do everything and attack everything if they would sure it will help to save Azeroth. They don't have allegiances and don't give a fuck about politics and sides like Forsaken. Best example is attack on neutral Gilneas - Forsaken did it just for sake saving their asses from Garrosh. And EB don't pursue power for themselves (ofcourse if this power not to mean to be used for saving Azeroth).

Forsaken should be exterminated or forced to joining rest of the Scourge to be on Lich King leash.