Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    I doubt it. Blizzard may have intended to ditch this MMO during the production of Project "Titan", but that isn't the case today.

People have made this game a habit of theirs over the past twelve years. Tens of thousands of loyal customers and an even larger pool of players that will consistently purchase expansions/game time randomly for the nostalgia.

It isn't going anywhere. Good try at trolling, though.
    /LOL

Oh the bullshit mill is in true flow here. They intended to "ditch" WoW did they? hmmm now where does it say that again?....

I still question why so many wow/ex-wow players want to see wow dead so badly.Not that the OP wishes that, just a general feeling i see in this foruns and other places.

None of this matters. People have been saying the same thing at the end of every expansion and then they come back just to say it and the end of the next.

For ME, WoW Ends with Legion, and Sargeras' Imprisonment. They were the true threats of WC3, they started their shit, which created all of (If not then most) of the WoW Lore.

Wrath was a mid point for me. Everything else is of the Legion. to me, The Void Lords, and such are side threats. But, that's just me.

In my eyes, WoW has 2 expansions left that they can do. And that is the Sea/Old Gods/Black Empire Expac, and the Void Lord's Expac. A new Undead Expac may happen, but I won't be playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Let me be clear, this isnt a WoW is dead/dying or negative thing rather a passive thought and muse about the current state of the game during 7.3

Now let me be clear, 7.3 should by all accounts feel like the largest patch ever made, with the most effort ever made put into it.

Yet somehow it does not even feel close to big or expansive, in truth it feels gated, slow, and after those inital rare farms, you feel like you literally have *nothing* to do, unless you care to do it all again on your alt, which not all of us do.

In short... the game feels smaller than ever.

I dunno what point blizzard decided less content was a good thing but for a while now, somewhere around Cata/MoP it feels like blizzards slowly been easing back from WoW, expansion by expansion, content is getting less and less progressive, and more and more grindy. The only progression is based on luck instead of effort, and this essentially makes everything you do feel worthless.

But blizzard has had 2 expansions to fix this with Bonus Rolls being unpopular in MoP and in WoD due to how heavily RNG centric loot is, PvP is a dead scene lately with literally nothing going on save the prestiege model which is only attractive if you actually *like* farming for days on end.

IN short.... its not that the game has become more casual, less casual, more grindy, less grindy.

It feels quite honestly, like the developers have just become content with being lazy, and doing less to appeal to a smaller player base.

Blizzard likley knows that as a 12-13 year old product, WoW cannot continue forever. They said during WoD they want WoW to go on for at least another 10 years but I doubt it will even carry on being worked on for more than 5 at this rate.

Legion was a test, in many ways, a test to see if wow still had something worth keeping, and blizzard, seeing the negative feedback, seems to have taken this the wrong way. Instead of aspiring to make a better game they simply feel its easier, to slowly give up on the game all together. They initally planned Legion itself to be a significantly longer expansion, it was meant to be reaching as far as 7.5 before concluding at least, as blizzard said they had no plans to *rush* Legion, yet now, as people quit, and the game becomes less popular, blizzard changes its mind.

7.3.5 is the final raid, 7.4 may exist but 5.5 was meant to exist and we all know how that turned out, scenerio turned into a novel remember? Wouldnt be surprised at all if the next 7.4 content suffers the same fate and legion is just *ended* in 7.3.5 with the next expansion beta launching early, and the expansion launching earlier than other expansions to keep people from leaving too quickly.

Thats my reckoning.

Blizzard will slowly ease WoW back from full blown expansions into more "DLC" style content, smaller, but compact expansions, possibly even having no additional patch content at all with entire expansions being one giant DLC.

Its quite, possible, this will be the model of the future of wow. Because as blizzard continues making new games, they have to start putting others to one side, putting less developers into them.

If, blizzard announces a Warcraft 4 title, you can bet, the chances of WoW surviving another 5 years will be slimmer than ever. They will very likley move onto a WoW 2 title after WC4 is completed.

WoW may have been a good game, may still be a decent game...

But it is a game thats had its time, and its slowly moving to a point where I feel, a transition from this title, to a new one, probably wouldnt be so bad.
    Dafuq?

#1, who decided 7.3 should be the biggest patch ever?
    #2, if it is gated then how in the hell do you know enough about it to make such rash decisions about it overall?
    #3, how is this not a WoW is dead or dying thread when you flat out say Blizz is abandoning WoW?

Answer these 3, then we'll move on to the rest.

But it is a game thats had its time, and its slowly moving to a point where I feel, a transition from this title, to a new one, probably wouldnt be so bad.
    See you next expansion

Your feels have no bearing on reality, and the reality is that a company won't "abandon" a product which yields in excess of 1 billion USD. Also, literally nothing about Legion says "we're abandoning this product!"...

Move on if you like, hundreds of thousands and millions have done just that and the game kept ticking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Based on forums, Blizzard has been "slowly abandoning WoW" since Cataclysm.
    And the game has been dying since the announcing of TBC, if not before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I still question why so many wow/ex-wow players want to see wow dead so badly.Not that the OP wishes that, just a general feeling i see in this foruns and other places.
    Because their feels can't handle seeing the game live on and prosper without them, because they personally were so monumental to the success of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    For ME, WoW Ends with Legion, and Sargeras' Imprisonment. They were the true threats of WC3, they started their shit, which created all of (If not then most) of the WoW Lore.

Wrath was a mid point for me. Everything else is of the Legion. to me, The Void Lords, and such are side threats. But, that's just me.

In my eyes, WoW has 2 expansions left that they can do. And that is the Sea/Old Gods/Black Empire Expac, and the Void Lord's Expac. A new Undead Expac may happen, but I won't be playing it.
    You feeling that you are done with the story =/= they're of the same opinion. THey can do as many expansions as they possibly could want as long as the game stays profitable and the players keep buying them. Story is not a finite resource.

There's no saying if the game will be profitable enough to give us more expansions after the upcoming 2, but it won't come down to some point where they go "Nope, we have no story, let's can it".

I don't understand this at all. With the amount of time I have to play this game, on top of raiding, I am barely getting the story content done in a week, let alone doing the new WQ, and the mountain of other things I'd like to be doing in this game.

It's all in one's personal opinion I guess, to me content is coming out almost too fast. I'm glad it's a steady stream of content vs a giant mountain of content all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I just cant wait for blizzard to go for a battleroyale game

and fail
    A Blizzard game will never fail from a business standpoint. Whatever they put out will be profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The financials are not that detailed that you would be able to draw that conclusion without making assumptions. If you disagree point to specific quotes that back up what you're saying. My company is making huge investments while reducing operational costs at the same time. All tech companies should become more efficient as they mature.
    He's just plain wrong, the game grew profits in the past quarters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    It's been a dead game since Cata, but they definitely haven't helped themselves any. It's mostly just an instanced game with a lobby so you can inspect other players at this point. No world PVP, no real world interaction, no actual destination, just queue up and grind. Hell, they even managed to kill the one thing I enjoyed doing when things on my main got stale, which was alts. They also changed the metric by which they measure the success of the game to bullshit the shareholders. It was from the number of subs to the length of a game session. Pretty easy slight of hand to see through. I hate that the Warcraft universe seems to be basically all but over. The RTS series was one of my favorites. I just don't know how you really keep a game like this interesting for such a prolonged period of time when all of the best lore was expended 9 years ago.
    "Just an instanced game".

Yeah buddy, don't speak of things you clearly don't know shit about. The game has been dead since Cata to you? Fine, but it hasn't been dead for a fact. It's had some of its best expansions and highest recorded profits since then, actually and is currently on an expansion where there's more effort placed into having us out in the world than in any previous iteration.

Some people must love being wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me be clear, this isnt a WoW is dead/dying or negative thing rather a passive thought and muse about the current state of the game during 7.3
    You say its not a 'wow is dying' thread, then you proceed to slyly make that claim anyway.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I would've agreed with this type of thread during the WoD era. Legion has been surprisingly well done.

Deleted
    im probably not the best placed person to answer this, but i logged on for half an hour earlier this afternoon to see if it took my interest again & was completely bored.
    i know its not the game, i know im done playing wow.
    i was so hoping that legion & this patch might just get my interest going again, but alas, even after killing KJ on normal, i knew my time was coming to an end.

Yet somehow it does not even feel close to big or expansive, in truth it feels gated, slow, and after those inital rare farms, you feel like you literally have *nothing* to do, unless you care to do it all again on your alt, which not all of us do.
    I won't argue against the gating, but there is a lot more content than you think.

The quest content takes about an hour per week, more or less. I'd prefer if it wasn't time gated a lot more.

But there's a lot more stuff. For example, it takes me about 2 hours to scout all of Argus for world quests, rares and chests, and I can solo rares with no issues. It's no terrain problem either, and I'm using the Stonehide Leather Barding so I'm immune to daze. Yet it still takes a while to probe every place the chests and rares spawn, especially since chests spawn so randomly. Argunite is useful even if you have good raid progress. A 910 arcanocrystal still sims better for me than 930 ToS trinkets.

There's a bunch of new boss pet fights, one of which is a daily world quest. And these pets hit like a truck. It takes time to figure out which team to use if you haven't fought them yet.

You can farm demon eyes, which require you to grab a buff that doubles all damage you take. It's harsh, but quite fun to take such a strong debuff in order to farm this. With 500 eyes you can buy a portal toy that lets you kill an additional rare (for more argunite) and a chance to drop an awesome toy called Sightless eye, which allows you to basically stealth all Argus mobs. It's super useful and quite worthwhile. Even more eyes to get a pet and I think another toy.

There's another rare that requires four specific fragments to be found in order to summon him, and has a chance to drop a battle pet.

There's the new riddle mount that takes hours to get, I forgot the name, there's a bunch of youtube videos on how to get it. There's a mount for killing like 2000 non trivial demons. There's a mount that can drop from any rare. There's a mount that drops from a specific rare. There's more mounts that I don't even remember. Plus the one that needs reputation.

So there's multiples hours worth of content, and if you have a regular day job you probably can't play more than 4 hours a day, even if you spend a lot of free time in WoW, so it's perfectly fine. The issue is when people come out claiming that "raid" is the only type of content they care about. Well, WoW has more types of content than just raids. Mounts, achievements, battle pets and toys are part of the game content, whether you like it or not.

Doubling the WoW dev. team proved you wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Based on forums, Blizzard has been "slowly abandoning WoW" since Cataclysm.
    no way since late TBC at least, more specifically around the Sunwell patch when they were apparently 'catering to casuals' with 'welfare loot' and don't care anymore about the 'hardcore gamers'... I remember those topics :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    When did they say there would be a 7.5.5 patch? they said it would be a 3 tier expansion as it used it be and thats what we got. I see a big jump in content and quality from WoD and put Legion on par with MoP which are miles away from other expansions.
    Uhhh, where are you getting 7.5.5? He said 5.5. As in the patch that would have come after 5.4.

"wow 2" I laugh whenever I see it I don't think they would release another game like wow any time soon after they stop working on wow, even if they release a mmorpg some time later it will probably be something else

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    With an evergrowing part of the playerbase that doesn't seem to enjoy the core of the MMORPG genre, there's little wonder why Legion feels a bit like an experiment in some ways. Blizzard is facing a stronger and stronger voice from the community that somehow wants both instant gratification and zero limitations yet always have something to do during an expansions 1,5-2,5 year life span. Those who asks for factions that feel like you've truly accomplished something for when you reach exalted, but complain if you can't hit exalted in 2 days.

The kind of player that loathes repetition, instead wanting things to be over with and then feel unsatisfied when they've checked off everything on their "Things I have to do to enjoy the game"-list.

WoD showed how well that kind of design works in practice,
    and at least I'm happy to see Blizzard has learned their lesson in many ways from that travesty.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-09-06 at 08:31 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The financials are not that detailed that you would be able to draw that conclusion without making assumptions. If you disagree point to specific quotes that back up what you're saying. My company is making huge investments while reducing operational costs at the same time. All tech companies should become more efficient as they mature.
    I think the logic is supposed to be something like this: Blizzard has diversified their product line, hired on new teams to develop and maintain and is deriving healthy incomes from games other than World of Warcraft. Therefore it's obvious that since World of Warcraft shares a smaller percentage of overall revenue than when it was just about the only thing they had (other than Starcraft expansions), they're abandoning the game.

It's stupid logic but the usual suspects--many of whom quit the game years ago--blather on about it like they know what they're talking about.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."