Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I played Witcher 3 on my PC. I'm tempted to rebuy it for PS4 on 4k 55inch. Plus then I can play the DLC I never did with it all fresh in my head.
    I'm jealous. I wish I could play the DLC again fresh for the first time. CDPR has set a standard for both the quality of DLC and how DLC should be done. Both Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine blew me away just as much as the original game, if not more.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I teared up a little bit when Geralt started speaking to me as "old friend".
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

Jesus, I still remember how I was hyped for Witcher 1. Time flies...

Yup we are getting old.

Wish was there to be able to shout out to the programmers at the CDPRed HQ, who were able to create an engine to create the masterpiece of W3. Those ppl are always forgotten, but they are the one bringing games to life

10+ Year Old Account
    Know what was especially great about this? It wasn't an advertisement. It was genuine. There hasn't been a trend of thank you videos or anything of the sort. This was just something they thought about, and made for all of us. It really made me feel appreciated by them.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. Just great. CDPR has always stuck me as a company that genuinely cares about their customers.

I wish all game companies were like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Great. Just great. CDPR has always stuck me as a company that genuinely cares about their customers.

I wish all game companies were like this.
    All game companies? I would love if some would be... Can count maybe 2-3 :S (one is CDPR of course and the other 1-2 aren't in their level of generosity).

7+ Year Old Account
    It's to bad the game play of Witcher 1 sucked so bad. Made me not play any other Witcher game for years. So when i did play Witcher 3 (which is good btw) about six months ago some of the impact of the returning characters meant nothing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this when they first announced it, was super touching especially as someone who has been there from the beginning.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Love that video to bits. :'( brought a bit of a tear to my eye

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I played Witcher 3 on my PC. I'm tempted to rebuy it for PS4 on 4k 55inch. Plus then I can play the DLC I never did with it all fresh in my head.
    I upgraded my PC, bought a 55" OLED, XBO gampads and hooked it up all together just so I can play this game in 4K in all its glory. Been waiting for this moment for over a year I think. Got the game and DLCs on day one which were just waiting there for months (lack of time then and now I can tell well worth the wait). Started to play this June and... it sucked me in heavily, blew my mind actually. I am now past the main story and Hearths of Stones, what an experience it was! Now I am few hours in Blood and Wine and I can already say that this one is going to be grand. This DLC has already such an amazing story line and unique quests.
    Icing on the cake are the visuals... oh man. The sunsets, the rainy and sunny mornings in wide open terrains in Velen or Tussaint, starry nights etc holy mother of everything and the immersion on a big screen is just unmatched! This game graphically and aesthetically way ahead of its time, its 2007 Crysis all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    I upgraded my PC, bought a 55" OLED, XBO gampads and hooked it up all together just so I can play this game in 4K in all its glory. Been waiting for this moment for over a year I think. Got the game and DLCs on day one which were just waiting there for months (lack of time then and now I can tell well worth the wait). Started to play this June and... it sucked me in heavily, blew my mind actually. I am now past the main story and Hearths of Stones, what an experience it was! Now I am few hours in Blood and Wine and I can already say that this one is going to be grand. This DLC has already such an amazing story line and unique quests.
    Icing on the cake are the visuals... oh man. The sunsets, the rainy and sunny mornings in wide open terrains in Velen or Tussaint, starry nights etc holy mother of everything and the immersion on a big screen is just unmatched! This game graphically and aesthetically way ahead of its time, its 2007 Crysis all over again.
    Yet I am guessing you aren't using STLM addon? 2.1 version to be exact...
    If the original version blew you away, you have no idea what awaits you with that addon, can't describe how graphic changing it is :P

Also just started replaying Witcher 1 again, wow the gameplay really sucks haha it's so painful (on my first playthrough felt the same) but the story is so good, the characters are awesome too, have to just handle the gameplay aspect and power through :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Is the Baron living really the perfect ending?
    Of course it is. The Baron is awesome and you can keep him alive without killing the kids if you really want to by doing the horse quest first.

Also didn't I read a book somewhere that said the horse is the mother of the crones or something? She's supposed to be far worse than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Yet I am guessing you aren't using STLM addon? 2.1 version to be exact...
    Blew me away due to the fact of me first time playing in 4k and on bigger screen with much, much greater contrast than my regular 27" IPS monitor. Haven't tried any addons but thank you for the suggestion, I will check that one out. Used to mod my Skyrim with various ENBs and texture packs back in the day.
    Last edited by Eco; 2017-09-08 at 11:55 AM.

i thought it said they killed her out of greed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Of course it is. The Baron is awesome and you can keep him alive without killing the kids if you really want to by doing the horse quest first.

Also didn't I read a book somewhere that said the horse is the mother of the crones or something? She's supposed to be far worse than they are.
    It was clarified by the devs i believe. If you release spirit before encountering crones the childs still die, just there is no proper info

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    It was clarified by the devs i believe. If you release spirit before encountering crones the childs still die, just there is no proper info
    Meh either way I kill the spirit every time.

I like the Baron, the ending where you release the spirit sucks.

I'm one of the plebs that's only played 3, but I still got misty eyed at the end. Wish more game devs were like CDPR.

The full 2-hour PAX panel.