Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That's the beauty of Divinity haha, I love the game and all the options you can choose from. I played a good 12 hours since last night and I'm only level 5 atm, there's just so much to tinker with that I never run out of things to do/try.

Found a lot of skill icons, some we know, some new. Seems like every skill tree got expanded on.

Warfare and Marksman, Looks like One hander and Shield will be a viable option for tanking with the shield icons, looks like a taunt skill is there too.

Scoundrel, Looks like they will get a disarm and a grenade skill,

The flame whip is a pyro skill, the battleaxe icon looks interesting too. Hydro looks like it got some more heals / buffs and damage option. Aero, more damage options by the looks of it.

Earthquake looks to not require a source point, some more terrain spells. Necro gets some new spells, either summon or power buffs. Poly and summon, some interesting icons.

Skills that require a source point.

Racial and weapon skills.

Overall really pleased with the skill diversity on offer. Lots of potential builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a year of shitty games and suddenly Destiny 2 for PC and this one is coming. What a rush!

I dont really like the new system with the source points.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    I dont really like the new system with the source points.....
    Can you explain what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Can you explain what it is?
    Source Points in Divinity: Original Sin 2 grant very powerful Source Skills that the player can use. Source Points are hard to obtain though, at least in the first act they were. There's an ability called Source Vampirism though, which will grant a source point from a corpse or character. Though it takes up a memory slot. You'll have to determine if a powerful source skill is worth a 2-3 memory slot too. If yes, then you'll need to invest heavily on the attribute memory, 1 point in that grants 1 memory slot. There's no limit on the number of skills you can have, so it's all dependant on how many points you put into memory over other attributes such as Strength, Intelligence, Finesse , Wits and Constitution.

Exactly. So you are "lock" with the skills that dont use Source (Sebille really not need any shit of this, is a total badass with the daggers, she literally can one shot anything if she is properly geared) till the moment you get one point.

Deleted
    So I read up on source points and I'm not really a huge fan either. I always tend to stay away from items with charges aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We had a year of shitty games and suddenly Destiny 2 for PC and this one is coming. What a rush!
    Persona 5, Nier: automata, Zelda BoTW, Horizon: Zero dawn, Re7, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Torment: ToN, Prey, DoW3, Hollow Knight, New uncharted game.....

I agree DoS2 is a good game, but a year of shitty games, really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Persona 5, Nier: automata, Zelda BoTW, Horizon: Zero dawn, Re7, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Torment: ToN, Prey, DoW3, Hollow Knight, New uncharted game.....

Zelda is a console game. Torment is shit. It's the worst rpg I've ever played. I barely know the rest of them.

Deleted
    Zelda is a console game. Torment is shit. It's the worst rpg I've ever played. I barely know the rest of them.
    Well you said a year of shitty games, not shitty PC games.
    Not knowing most of the games in that list just shows you're not a gamer though, so your previous comment makes more sense now

10+ Year Old Account

What's this console bullshit there, get out.

The only good one for PC is Nier:Automata there and 50% of that is "What are you doing?" Steam achievement and general waifu with swords thing.

IMO it went downhill soon after E ending path started... like it started good and quickly devolved from there.

Deleted
    Well you said a year of shitty games, not shitty PC games.
    Not knowing most of the games in that list just shows you're not a gamer though, so your previous comment makes more sense now
    Not all of us can be manga fans you know. Just because a game is made in Asia doesn't automaticity make it a good game

Deleted
    Not all of us can be manga fans you know. Just because a game is made in Asia doesn't automaticity make it a good game
    There are 2 manga games on that list, but calling Nier automata / Persona 5 not good games (both with unanimous review scores of 9+) tells me you're pretty much trolling at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What's this console bullshit there, get out.
    Oh look it's another person who limits himself to PC gaming only and for some reason feels superior about that, nothing to see here.

On topic: Started on DoS 2 yesterday and damn, it's a good game
    Feels like they expanded very well on the original so far.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-09-07 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    There are 2 manga games on that list, but calling Nier automata / Persona 5 not good games (both with unanimous review scores of 9+) tells me you're pretty much trolling at this point.
    I am not gonna say persona games are bad, but i do not think they are for everyone, that japanese highschool ambientation it is not for everyone to say the least.
    Nier automata yes, that is a good game, although the port is a bit terrible, a little less because of mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look it's another person who limits himself to PC gaming only and for some reason feels superior about that, nothing to see here.
    Yes, I have limited time for games, so I prefer uncompromising quality over some second rate bullshit.

Maybe that's why I choose D:OS.

Deleted

On topic: Started on DoS 2 yesterday and damn, it's a good game
    Feels like they expanded very well on the original so far.
    I think you are a bit confused here. I said torment was a shit game and I stand by that. Sometimes review ppl just throw stars at artsy games because it makes them feel important.

I also said I don't know most games on that list and that not everyone likes manga games.

I didn't say anything specifically about the game(s) you just presented me with.

I'm guessing you are from a younger generation because when asking the people I play games with who are about th same age as me 27-35 not a single one of them knew half the games on that list, at least not the shortened version you used

10+ Year Old Account

There is no situation whatsoever where I would call DoW3 a good game. It is, at it's very best, a solely pvp medium paced RTS on the same map with the same objective again and again and again so that by the time you become good at the game every bit of novelty that the game had scraped together has long since dispersed. It is horrendously anemic, has nothing of the series contained within it, and is offensive in that it was so obviously pandered out on title alone rather than merit.

And while Re7 and Prey were very well done, I would hesitate to ever call them great games. Re7 has no surprises or branching pathways for a second playthrough. There's no real purpose to ever going in again from an exploration or narrative perspective, and since the game naturally escalates along the same lines starting from the beginning is just tedious because you're basically backsliding. Especially when compared to Re4, it's a one trick pony. It does that trick right, but for me to consider it great it would need to offer more. As for Prey, I don't know... after a while it just felt like facing the same thing again and again, and any steadfast fan of sci fi and lovecrafting horror isn't going to be remotely surprised by anything in the plot.

And Uncharted is just more uncharted.

For the rest, yes, absolutely amazing, and more than happy to add War of the Chosen to that list. I'd say it's been a good year so far.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are a bit confused here. I said torment was a shit game and I stand by that. Sometimes review ppl just throw stars at artsy games because it makes them feel important.

I also said I don't know most games on that list and that not everyone likes manga games.

I didn't say anything specifically about the game(s) you just presented me with.

I'm guessing you are from a younger generation because when asking the people I play games with who are about th same age as me 27-35 not a single one of them knew half the games on that list, at least not the shortened version you used
    Someone claiming to be a long time gamer but not knowing what Dawn of War is? Seems a bit off. Though if you overlooked that Dawn of War 3 came out, honestly I'd say you're better off for it.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-09-07 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well everyone has their opinion on what is good and what is not. But objectively its been a pretty awesome year so far for gaming with a lot of critically and publicly acclaimed games being released across multiple genres. Divinity Original Sin 2 represents a genre that we don't see a lot of though, so that is definitely cause for excitement.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted

27-35, i could've been your father...