Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the competition is over, that point is moot long ago.

If you consider yourself to compete with your team mates, instead of playing with them - you look very wrong at things.
    Then it is just a self-inflicted issue, both caring about BiS and "the competition".

Alts you didn't really put alot of work into never ever got legendaries with previous systems either, now you do.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer the system to go back to major glyphs.

Deleted
    I am far into mythic Tomb of Sargeras and have cleared every raid this expansion on mythic difficulty on the same character, and yet I STILL do not have any legendary for my third spec and only half of them for my second. I cannot switch to another spec because I do not have the proper legendaries. This is hands down the worst system they ever implemented.

My only problem with the game right now is legendaries haha seems like too much work to change spec or level alts

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    it took me 80 days played at 110 on my main to get all 19 legendarys for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagrot View Post
    Hi,

play my rogue since start of Legion and still haven't got my BiS Legendaries. Done a couple of m+ with my crew and raided every content (normal, hc, mythic). I am kind of a casual player these days but honestly, it's so depressing seeing those other players getting all of their stuff just because they play 6h per day and do things like daily HC or LFR.

The bad luck protection should attach more importance on the date the character reaches 110 and the current date. Now, I see no point on farm and grind these stupid Legendaries since I could get 4-5, when I only need just two of them. My guys say: "You wont get those Legendaries if you don't play." And they are right ofc, but this just cant be the way.
    Even if I would get these items tomorrow, nearly every other rogue or mage or whatever got their BiS months ago and enjoy the competition with other players (dps, logs, m+) since then. And my experience in Legion is: always chasing somebody who is far ahead from me because of the items I might get someday...or..well...never, because I will quit before that day.
    This xpac is very enjoyable for people who got their BiS Legendaries - for everyone else it feels like I didn't really have started yet. And it's a whole year by now...
    My whole m+ crew got all their Legendaries by now and I am missing ~4 with every spec. How much do I need to play besides my gf, job, sport to even compete with that?...

Don't know my current played exactly...should be around 40 days on 110.

Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 228
    Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 205
    Amount of Mythic 10+ Dungeons completed in time: 136
    Amount of Mythic 15+ Dungeons completed in time: 44

EN: 99 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)
    ToV: 11 total kills (normal, hc)
    NH: 181 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)
    ToS: 77 total kills (normal, hc, mythic)

What is your experience with Legendaries and their droprates?

Greetz
    I have all the legendaries of my spec and nearly all the legendaries of my class (currently sitting at 19 legendaries). I play about 35 hours a week more or less. My guild leader plays a lot more and got all the legendaries of his class months ago.

Legendary drop rates when only EN was out were quite low, maybe one every two months. Now it's reasonable to get a legendary every two or three weeks.

From what I know Mythic+ is useless for farming legendaries. You might as well delete them from the count. Regular mythic dungeons are what you need to do. They are easier, faster and they actually drop legendaries.

LFR is particularly good at farming legendaries, since there are so many bosses to kill and you can do it on your own whenever you have time. You should queue to multiple LFR wings at the same time to make it go faster. I have over 400 boss kills just from LFR and I stopped farming them around the time ToS came out. There's 29 bosses to kill every week at this moment.

Emmisaries are also quite good, I have done every single emmisary since I got to 110 almost a year ago. Back in 7.2 and 7.2.5 the Broken Shore bags you got from gving resourced to the towers were also very good at farming legendaries, but now those are gone. It seems Argus chests and rares have a low chance of giving legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I'd prefer the system to go back to major glyphs.
    Couldn't agree more.

I feel legendaries are just 2 RNG driven talent tree lines. That accomplish exactly what the major glyphs did without senseless RNG.

If they are smart they would just dramatically up the lego chance in 7.3.5 to unfactor them in the last tier. I understand keeping in the same during this tier but after screw it imo (I got them all on my main too). I only say this because I feel we will be struck with this lego system for the next expansion as well, although likely slightly altered.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-09-06 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    At leas you knew where to get your gear and what to do in order to get it. The chance of actually getting it is not as important.
    You still know exactly where to get your gear and what to do. Blizz told us long before the expansion launched which content can give them. Dungeon and raid bosses, emissary caches, etc. I basically look at them like world drops.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You still know exactly where to get your gear and what to do. Blizz told us long before the expansion launched which content can give them. Dungeon and raid bosses, emissary caches, etc. I basically look at them like world drops.
    But world drops that are more or less mandatory in order to do any raiding if you're at all competative.

The system makes sure that some people can play and some can't just based on luck.
    The system is horrible, in every way.

But world drops that are more or less mandatory in order to do any raiding if you're at all competative.

The system makes sure that some people can play and some can't just based on luck.
    The system is horrible, in every way.
    Ok, I get it. 99% of mmo-champ posters are all mythic raiders who need to be "competitive". Play the best spec/class, get the best legendaries, to down them mythic bosses and get the shiniest loot. But you guys need to remember that you're the minority. Saying a system failed because it has shortcomings for you, the 1%, when it works just fine as a nice little bonus for the 99%, is a little dishonest.

Ok, I get it. 99% of mmo-champ posters are all mythic raiders who need to be "competitive". Play the best spec/class, get the best legendaries, to down them mythic bosses and get the shiniest loot. But you guys need to remember that you're the minority. Saying a system failed because it has shortcomings for you, the 1%, when it works just fine as a nice little bonus for the 99%, is a little dishonest.
    It doesn't work for anyone else either.
    It's not more fun to be useless just becuase you do easy content. The system is poor. No way around that.

It doesn't work for anyone else either.
    It's not more fun to be useless just becuase you do easy content. The system is poor. No way around that.
    I'm a druid, so 4 specs and a lot of legendaries. I do my emmisary. I don't farm old raids. I sometimes do LFR for me. I do my +10 about half the time. I raid heroic and get AotC a few weeks before a new patch. I got my final legendary a few days before 7.3 dropped, usually got one every 7-10 days. So in my own anecdotal message, that the system does work. I think the whole "I don't have the best legendaries so I'm worthless" mindset is very damaging. Legendaries are supposed to be a bonus on top of your class's performance, not something you NEED to have simply to break even. Unless you're raiding mythic, like I posted before, raids are not tuned around having BiS legendaries. Some other warrior/druid/whatever does more dps than you do because he has good ones? The system is working, he got his bonus, you don't have yours yet. There have always and will always be people who got luckier on gear than you. That's part of an RPG.

Unless you're raiding mythic, like I posted before, raids are not tuned around having BiS legendaries.
    People say that, but my guild is not making the enrage on Heroic Kil'Jaden. We've hit it a couple times now. Raw output requirements are our current downfall. We need everything we can get to help pull ahead of a curve that we are behind.

When something is random and therefore not controlled entirely by the player, it will always be found by some to be a failure.
    It failed at being what you think it should be, not failing at what it is trying to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Every aspect of this game is loaded with RNG now.

All control has been taken away.
    There are still targetable ways to reliably incease power. The current setup is not perfect, but it does ease the gear curve a ton; I'm finding I'm never too far behind the average player ilvl at any given point.

The two primary issues are legendaries and trinkets.

Trinkets need to remain consistent across Ilvl curves to avoid a dungeon-level drop being BIS. They should still be viable if you're incredibly lucky, but you shouldn't have to fish for it.

Legendary gear is still a great concept, and I feel it has a place in the future. They cant be directly boosting throughput in the future, though. Abilities of convenience, more reliable defensive cooldowns, improving time-on-target, etc.

More like Norgannon's, less like Sun King IMO. Super convenient, but not critical - you'll have one that benefits you, in some way, without being compromised if you aren't lucky enough to get the one you want. Also doesn't lock you into a spec.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2017-09-07 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Terrible spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think the RNG clown fiesta is more interesting than the dull collect some shit every week to build towards a predetermined legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Every aspect of this game is loaded with RNG now.

All control has been taken away.
    So you were able to control getting pally tokens as Horde and shammy tokens in classic? Having 3 of the same armor token dropping from a boss when everyone from those classes need it anymore but tons of people of other classes need their tokens? You say all control has been taken away as if we ever had any control over loot in the first place.

I had played wow since 2004. I probably spent about a year unsubbed between that time and the end of 2016 with about 1.5+ years of time /played. Legendaries were the thing that ultimately made me quit the game. Not only was it not a rewarding system, in the sense that nobody felt joy from getting the legendary they wanted, they only felt relief. But it also created such a huge balance problem that the wow team wasn't competent enough to handle. From a pve perspective, having your performance rely heavily on RNG that will only normalize after a year or more is utterly insane. It shows that the devs have a total lack of understanding on what players want or are willing to tolerate.

Ion definitely ruined wow for me, and I know for a lot of others as well. The game is dying... Look at twitch viewers. Wow is under HOTS often, which is absolutely hilarious. If they still released their subs, you'd definitely see that they're probably lower than they've been for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    Honestly I think the RNG clown fiesta is more interesting than the dull collect some shit every week to build towards a predetermined legendary.
    I don't.

Building up your legendary, week after week, going through a cool quest storyline experience...Those were cool.

RNG gods dropping 3 legendaries in a row and none being good is just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagrot View Post
    kk
    Remember that some of us got something else to do then doing 4 raids per week
    So why should you be rewarded the same as someone whose playing way more than you? If you can't or don't want to dedicate time, then don't complain about not getting what you want.

It's fairly simple. You play/farm and you'll get what you want.

Now, I think the legendary system could be a lot better. Personally I think legendaries should just drop from heroic/mythic raids, maybe normal too. That way it's somewhat farmable and not as RNG. And you don't have BiS legendaries dropping from random quest mobs, that's ridiculous.

I didn't like any of the legendary systems so far, but the best versions I believe we've had so far are MoP and BC. I wouldn't mind seeing either of those systems make a return to get rid of this shitty one we have now.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-09-07 at 02:44 AM.