Poll: what percentage would you describe blizzard losing their mind

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    that's too complicated

i'm a simple person

- - - Updated - - -

so should i just grind rep and don't bother trying to complete the scenario?
    If you're having trouble doing it now, grind rep until you have access to this Tier 6 talent.

Then do the speedrun attempt, killing all 5 magnataurs and collecting the bonus chests in each shrine. The speedrun is all about maximizing Sands of Time gain and getting the portal skips from the Keepsake boxes.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2017-09-07 at 10:02 AM.

what did you do
    how could you possibly have no issue

it took me more than 4 times to figure out the dragon shrines it was a shit storm untill i figured out the scenario was about memorisation
    i have done the cannon area 3 times
    i did hyjal 2
    and now i have lost track of what i am suppose to do clearly hyjal isn't about memorization

- - - Updated - - -

what "skip"? there is no time in reality to get enough sands of time items to get more time

- - - Updated - - -

how am i suppose to finish this quest
    it makes no sense after the cannons and hyjal shit
    Skips are the epic items you can get that allow you to skip straight to the end of one of the portals. You get them from the left hand option on the Sands of Time that gives you a bag(not the gold bag). And there's easily time to get a bunch of Sands of Time, you just need to be efficient with your route(and play a DPS spec), I've done 8/8 on 4 classes(2 with no time gated talents, 2 with +100% Sands), it's really not that hard.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

i was too pressured by the idea of completing the scenaro like every other scenario from point A to point B
    kind of like superman

i wasn't thinking of doing it like batman would
    i guess i have to wait a week for all the talents
    No, you don't have to wait for all the talents. You've mentioned you have 2 talents already researched. That should be enough.

From wowhead guide:
    So after many attempts, I finally completed the scenario with only the first 2 buffs active as a mage, so I figured I'd share some tips for those who want to try to finish sooner rather than later.

After writing this up, there shouldn't be any spoilers for those who are doing the scenario for the first few times.

Shrines:
    Order: Emerald->Blue->Ruby->Obsidian (fly up and kill yourself at Obsidian to return to entrance).
    Use the Sands of Time as soon as you get them. If you get a Shrine clear before Ruby and no Portal clears, just reset.
    Kill the rare Gigantaurs outside each shrine before you kill the main boss.
    Check each shrine for a Time Chest, only 1 spawns in each shrine per run (at least at Blue shrine). As far as I can tell:
    Emerald has 2: (63.71,73.53 in the water) and (65.77,73.34).
    Blue has 2: (56.54,68.72) and (54.42, 65.03 on the platform).
    Ruby has 2: (48.76, 49.44) and (45.11,47.42).
    Obsidian chests are on right-hand side of the cave.

Portals:
    Order: Hyjal->Well of Eternity->Andorhal->Strat
    Culling of Stratholme and the Battle of Andorhal take the longest and should be skipped if possible (must be skipped if you want to do it with current buffs).
    Otherwise, there are time chests in at least one location in each (they don't always spawn):
    Culling has 2: (61.05,28.49 ground floor) and (44.16,43.77).
    Andorhal has 2: (39.57, 68.15) and (47.47, 68.28).
    Mount Hyjal has 2: (33.85, 98.27) and (36.6,96.18)
    Well of Eternity has 2: (26.62,37.23 second zone) and unknown.

One final note for the Well of Eternity specifically, you can stick to the right after running in, you can avoid almost all adds except the first doomguard. Assuming you mount up right after and continue moving, you should be able to avoid the abyssals. If you're going to aggro something, aggro a doomguard because they do the least damage and have the lowest amount of health.

Overall:
    If you just get a lot of time increases and damage reductions, you're not going to finish on time.
    Your best ones are Portal clears and damage increases.
    If you're lucky, you'll get 2 sands from each rare, 1 sand from each boss, and 2-3 sands from each time chest (with an average of 3-4 per run).
    For myself: I received the Portal clears for Strat and Andorhal, had 4 damage increases, 1 damage reduction, 300 seconds stolen (didn't use any).
    You might not make it on first attempt, second or even 50th. You just have to count on your luck and follow above guide.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Farm rep until you're Timelord, then get all the talents, then stomp it.
    My personal route is obsidian (check for 3 chests inside, if they're not there, reset), then go south taking the magnataurs and shrines, using skip drakes when I have as many shrines as drakes left, then using the portal skips. Make sure you either have the Strat or the cannon skip, and then you're set.

10+ Year Old Account
    u need 'pure skill' (and by pure skill, lucky drop boxes that give u items that skip the 4 hard scenarios, the dragonshire ones are stupidly easy)
    start dragonshire, and the rare magnatures, takes 5 min max, if u have enough 'skill', u'll get the drops that makes every other scenario easy, one give u instant key to city, one that instant clear wave in hyjal, and so on
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u need 'pure skill' (and by pure skill, lucky drop boxes that give u items that skip the 4 hard scenarios, the dragonshire ones are stupidly easy)
    start dragonshire, and the rare magnatures, takes 5 min max, if u have enough 'skill', u'll get the drops that makes every other scenario easy, one give u instant key to city, one that instant clear wave in hyjal, and so on
    With the 5th and 7th talent you'll get enough skip items to do it pretty much every time. before that it's stupidly RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    With the 5th and 7th talent you'll get enough skip items to do it pretty much every time. before that it's stupidly RNG
    Only really need T5 talent, if you can't do it at that point you're doing something very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah it's pretty much about getting the keys for Strat plus one other. You need to skip Strat, one other scenario and the Obsidian dragonshrine. Mind you, they are not that rare so it will happen in a few tries. I actually completed it without skipping Strat the first time (I skipped Obsidian, Well and Hyjal)
    You really don't need to skip any Dragonshrine(if anything the Shrine nukes were dead options on all my runs, because I'd go there anyway for the free Sands). On all 5 8/8 runs(had to redo one because I didn't get credit) I did all 4 Shrines(south -> north), spent any skips, did remaining scenarios. I'd agree with the Stratholme + 1, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

i can't even finish the quest how am i suppose to do all of that
    Since you seem to have just started, I assume you arent done with chromies skills, yet. So what you should probably be doing right now is not trying to win anything, but unlocking all four portals by doing the missing shrines (every shrine gives one portal). Once you unlocked the portal once, it will stay there forever. So dont try to unlock all four in one go. Just foucs on one per try.
    After that you will want to farm rep for a while. Just fly from shrine to shrine, killing the magnataurs and shrine bosses and opening chests and then pick reputation rewards from the sands. Locations for them are on wowhead. Whenever you gain new rep tier, you can pick a new talent with chromie. They help alot. At some point picking talents begins to take a whole day. At that point you can start just trying to finish the 4 portals one by one. Dont do the dragon shrines beforehand, just do a single szenario.
    When you are done with that you will probably be on Timelord status (if not, do some more rep runs). Just come pack to chromie every day to learn a new skill.
    When you are done with that you can start to actually try "winning" runs. Accept the shrine quest and do the green, blue and red dragonshrine bosses, magnataurs and chests. With the skills unlocked you will usually get a ton of "skip" items now. There is dragon shrine skip (bronze drake) and portal skip (keepsake box). Always pick those first, otherwise pick damage boosts, then speed boosts, then def boosts, then extra time. If you get a bronze drake, dont use it instantly, but wait till you killed the three shrine bosses. You can then use it to skip the obsidian shrine, which is the furthest away. If you dont have a bronze drake and at least one keepsake by the time youre done with the third shrine, restart the szenario. At some point you will get a run, where you get your bronze drake in time,. You can then skip one portal with the keepsake and kill your way through the remaining portals (three if you are super unlucky, but usually you get a second keepsake at some point), which should be doable in 10ish minutes, because you have an enourmous amount of damage and runspeed from all your chromie skills and sand buffs.
    Last edited by owbu; 2017-09-07 at 10:18 AM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

It's not that you need to do it, it's that it is very likely you will get the item to skip it anyway so why bother.
    Because the boss + Magnataur give Sands, which might give a real skip, hence why I consider the Shrine nukes pretty much useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Since you seem to have just started, I assume you arent done with chromies skills, yet. So what you should probably be doing right now is not trying to win anything, but unlocking all four portals by doing the missing shrines (every shrine gives one portal). Once you unlocked the portal once, it will stay there forever. So dont try to unlock all four in one go. Just foucs on one per try.
    After that you will want to farm rep for a while. Just fly from shrine to shrine, killing the magnataurs and shrine bosses and opening chests and then pick reputation rewards from the sands. Locations for them are on wowhead. Whenever you gain new rep tier, you can pick a new talent with chromie. They help alot. At some point picking talents begins to take a whole day. At that point you can start just trying to finish the 4 portals one by one. Dont do the dragon shrines beforehand, just do a single szenario.
    When you are done with that you will probably be on Timelord status (if not, do some more rep runs). Just come pack to chromie every day to learn a new skill.
    When you are done with that you can start to actually try "winning" runs. Accept the shrine quest and do the green, blue and red dragonshrine bosses, magnataurs and chests. With the skills unlocked you will usually get a ton of "skip" items now. There is dragon shrine skip (bronze drake) and portal skip (keepsake box). Otherwise pick damage boosts, then speed boosts, then def boosts, then extra time. If you get a bronze drake, dont use it instantly, but wait till you killed the three shrine bosses. You can then use it to skip the obsidian shrine, which is the furthest away. If you dont have a bronze drake and at least one keepsake by the time youre done with the third shrine, restart the szenario. At soem point you will get a run, where you get your bronze drake in time, that lets you skip obisidian. You can then skip one portal with the keepsake and kill your way through the remaining portals (three if you are super unlocky, but usually you get a second keepsake at some point) with enourmous damage and runspeed buffs from all your chromie skills and sand buffs.
    I'd pick time over damage reduction, personally. Also worth mentioning that the damage reduction caps out at 9 stacks, so don't waste Sands on it past that point. I don't remember if damage/speed have caps, but I don't think so.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's not that you need to do it, it's that it is very likely you will get the item to skip it anyway so why bother.
    Most min-maxed runs will start with Obsidian, because you have the chance to get 3x chests very close to the entrance of the cavern, and will simply reset if those aren't up.

Haha. I haven't had the time to do it yet. But a friend of mine, who is anything but a "gamer" and only started playing WoW a few months ago, really got into the Chromie thing and she cleared it in a few days.

You can imagine she most certainly is not a WoW "pro" and she doesn't care at all about min-maxing, the most correct gearing, "efficiency" bullshit, flawless rotations etc. Seems to me that you're way too busy being whiny, stubborn and purposely dumb, which is what is preventing you from taking the time to figure out how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure how to do this either. I started off farming the silver elites and doing the four shrines to get the pets. I have the timelord title but I am stuck now on researching Chromies talents. I have four tiers to research and its taking forever.

Git gud and kill rares/loot chests for sands of time which you can use to gain extra time and items that allows you either skip or significantly reduce the amount of time the timeportal scenarios take.

And if it is still impossible ( which given that alot of people have completed it is a lie ) then wait until you unlock more talents, there really isn't much more to say.

Once you've maxed rep you can do it with 5 minutes left (without bonus time). As a tank.

Kill magnataurs, memorize chest spawn points, use the items they give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Haha. I haven't had the time to do it yet. But a friend of mine, who is anything but a "gamer" and only started playing WoW a few months ago, really got into the Chromie thing and she cleared it in a few days.

You can imagine she most certainly is not a WoW "pro" and she doesn't care at all about min-maxing, the most correct gearing, "efficiency" bullshit, flawless rotations etc. Seems to me that you're way too busy being whiny, stubborn and purposely dumb, which is what is preventing you from taking the time to figure out how it works.
    The Chromie scenario is quite different from a lot of other things in WoW, to be fair. Gear is scaled to ilevel 1k(so you can use WoD/Legion tier and PvP sets, if you want), and the combat element is pretty minor. It's mostly just a puzzle/memorization game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I am not sure how to do this either. I started off farming the silver elites and doing the four shrines to get the pets. I have the timelord title but I am stuck now on researching Chromies talents. I have four tiers to research and its taking forever.
    You can do it without any of the timed research ones.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Step 1: Grind rep until done

Step 2: Learn the talents based around increasing % of Bronze Drakes/Chests

Step 3: Start scenario, hunt the four "rare" elites that are outside the dragonshrines

You now have, like, 10 Sands of Time. Open them. Chances are you'll get at least one Bronze Drake or Mysterious chest. Even if you don't, with 60% boost to all your stats you can clear the dragonshrines within a couple minutes, which gives you more Sands of Time.

It's largely luck dependent, but having max rep and thus all the talents makes it FAR, FAR easier

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Step 1: Grind rep until done

Step 2: Learn the talents based around increasing % of Bronze Drakes/Chests

Step 3: Start scenario, hunt the four "rare" elites that are outside the dragonshrines

You now have, like, 10 Sands of Time. Open them. Chances are you'll get at least one Bronze Drake or Mysterious chest. Even if you don't, with 60% boost to all your stats you can clear the dragonshrines within a couple minutes, which gives you more Sands of Time.

It's largely luck dependent, but having max rep and thus all the talents makes it FAR, FAR easier
    Definitely don't do step 3. If you're going to kill the magnataur(which there are supposedly 5 of, not 4, although I only ever did 4), you're close enough to the shrines that you might as well grab the chests and kill the boss in the shrine as well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The Chromie scenario is quite different from a lot of other things in WoW, to be fair. Gear is scaled to ilevel 1k(so you can use WoD/Legion tier and PvP sets, if you want), and the combat element is pretty minor. It's mostly just a puzzle/memorization game.

- - - Updated - - -

You can do it without any of the timed research ones.
    I disagree on both accounts actually.
    The only thing you need to remember is where 3-5 magnataur rares patrol, and where the 4 elites are in the dragonshrines. That's hardly a memory game, after 1-2 attempts you basically have it down.

I also disagree about the timed research. Yeah you will be able to finish it without them, but no way you can finish it in 15 minutes without the talent that increases chance to get the item that makes you avoid the time portals (cenarion circle item etc...)

If anything I'd say it's more due to luck than skill or memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    I disagree on both accounts actually.
    The only thing you need to remember is where 3-5 magnataur rares patrol, and where the 4 elites are in the dragonshrines. That's hardly a memory game, after 1-2 attempts you basically have it down.

I also disagree about the timed research. Yeah you will be able to finish it without them, but no way you can finish it in 15 minutes without the talent that increases chance to get the item that makes you avoid the time portals (cenarion circle item etc...)

If anything I'd say it's more due to luck than skill or memory.
    Considering I did it 3 times without any of the timed research talents(as in, with Time Stop + tank talent, nothing else), you're wrong.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-09-07 at 10:40 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Definitely don't do step 3. If you're going to kill the magnataur(which there are supposedly 5 of, not 4, although I only ever did 4), you're close enough to the shrines that you might as well grab the chests and kill the boss in the shrine as well.
    I probably just got lucky, but I did the everything-in-one-run first try as a DK killing the Magnataur first, then doing any shrines that didn't auto-complete. Which I think was just Obsidian, and dying got me back to Wyrmrest without wasting flight time. I also got all the Chronoshard instant completes, I think.