Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    PPL need to just HTFU and stop being so pampered. You DO NOT need to fly there, sure couple places have chasm between them but there are clear roads and paths you can ride around the small zone rather easily. Flying totally ruins all immersion of this game.

HTFU

Blizzard just killed whatever semblance of "world PvP" might've remained in this game and in a much worse way than flying ever has. Phasing just means the shittiest "pvpers" can freely act like shitheads with no risk of being camped into uninstalling the game. Scratch one more argument for flying. Phasing isn't going away either, and they're not going to bother implementing account-based permanence to fix this problem, which makes you wonder why PvP is still even enabled outside of BGs and arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    PPL need to just HTFU and stop being so pampered. You DO NOT need to fly there, sure couple places have chasm between them but there are clear roads and paths you can ride around the small zone rather easily. Flying totally ruins all immersion of this game.

HTFU
    people also wont need to be there in around 3 weeks when they collect 910 in all slots.

so i guess if blizzard wants to have dead deserted zone its working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What are you all talking about? I actually found Argus rather easy to navigate.
    I agree. Antorian Wastes had some annoying places but I found it was mostly because of mob density. Certainly doesnt change my mind about flying.

Overall I think Argus is one of the best patches they ever made.
    Last edited by makketota; 2017-09-07 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the solution to players complaining about being dazed now and mob density on their way from point A to point B will be solved by knocking them out of the sky and killing them or dropping them into hostile places. Right. That solves the issue completely. You are missing the mark entirely with the reason why people don't like Argus.
    Let me clarify, because I'm pretty sure I misrepresented my point while trying to type on the phone:

It's not that having players get shot out of the sky is a "solution to players complaining". My ideal 'solution' would involve a complete overhaul of the terrain and encounter design to account for flying players, while also reworking the core mechanics of flying mounts(probably through use of the vehicle system) in order to facilitate the design overhaul.

But...as long as players are going to complain about mob density and dazing anyway, then we might as well have access to flight while we're at it. The situation would be virtually identical to what we're dealing with now, but at least the daze/dismount would have some context for why flying isn't really a good way to travel. It would also avoid the issue of unilaterally restricting flight so soon after giving players access to it.

Additionally, players could "git gud" at flying around Argus in exactly the same way people are suggesting that they do with ground mounts. On top of that, players could still use ground mounts and less dangerous modes of transportation, again making the world feel more immersive and giving it context. Staying on the ground would actually have a REAL explanation and context, while simultaneously quashing the excuse that "flying is the more efficient method of travel, so choosing to use a ground mount isn't a real choice".

It would also open up the aforementioned opportunity to tell the story of how we invade Argus and take air superiority. Which, at the end of the quest line, would still fall in line with Blizzard's proposed methodology of restricting flight while content is current, and giving players a "reward" of clear skies once they cleared the story of Argus.

Or we can just stick with defending the current Blizzard stance of: "LOL! Sorry, we heard you liked earning flight, so we're taking away flight again for reasons. Oh, and fuck your flight whistle too, since we can. Here's a rep grind, and thanks for the sub fee."

Blizzard has stated that restricting the flight masters whistle upgrade behind revered may have been a mistake.
    And how many times is it ok for Blizzard to make these "mistakes" before it starts being recognized as a pattern of behavior? People need to stop looking at what Blizzard is saying, and start looking at what they're doing.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-09-07 at 10:50 AM.

This terrain would be ok if it was a single player campaign and you spent a day or two there. But we need to farm for shit in this terrible place for MONTHS. same issues over and over

It isn't a contradiction to say that a person wasn't posting with a my way or the highway attitude and then say it is Blizzards way or the high way. In the end it is Blizzards product and service so the direction they want to take it is the way they will regardless of what people say. If people don't like it they can accept it or move on.
    "The dev´s attittude was not 'my way or the highway"."

and in the very next sentence: "honestly, it is my way or the highway"

Yessir, totally not a contradiction :P

Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    It wasn't stated like that at all. It was just stated.
    Except it was.

That statement was just a small part of a "performance report" given soon after Legion´s lauunch, where they´among other thing, stated that Legion had sold "very well" (about 3,2 million copies sold until that moment), and commemeorating the fact that the sales had been "above expectations", and the overall "feeling" (forgot the actual word they used) was that Legion was doing "better than WoD".

As if "doing better than WoD" was something worthy of praise. -.-
    Last edited by Connll; 2017-09-07 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    This terrain would be ok if it was a single player campaign and you spent a day or two there. But we need to farm for shit in this terrible place for MONTHS. same issues over and over
    i have a strong feeling that a lot of people who say about how "ok" argus is are raiders with toons around 930 itlv and 0 need to do argus extensively and thats why they are ok - because they dont farm it for long - yes i have my tinfoil hat but it seems to me this way .

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    How do I feel about no flying? I strongly hate the fuck out of it.
    This guy gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i have a strong feeling that a lot of people who say about how "ok" argus is are raiders with toons around 930 itlv and 0 need to do argus extensively and thats why they are ok - because they dont farm it for long - yes i have my tinfoil hat but it seems to me this way .
    Wrong. Raider with 932 here. I hate no-flying. I hate it. I hate it more than I hate not having toilet paper after a horrible wet shit. I hate it worse than getting in my car late for work and it not starting. I hate it worse than I hate going to get the last cookie or donut and someone else got it already. I hate it as much as I hate cancer and ISIS.

Zone design has gotten a little crazy honestly. I mean it is ok to have say a canyon cutting a zone in two. Maybe a mountain or two that forces you to go around. But when it is basiclly a maze of open roof tunnels twisting all around the zone and all the tunnels are packed with mobs its a little nuts. I feel like a lot of the zone is that way.

I still perfer no flying. But I do feel like the zone design is starting to get a bit out of hand. While places like that do exsist on planets it feels like that is what all planets are like now. Planets also have open planes and rolling hills without a pack of wolves atop of each.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Blizzard 100%. I hate people complaining about no flying there and how "priviliged" they are because the did pathfinder. Cry me a river, I did it too so what. The thing is that this is a new terrain, new conent, why do you want to turn this game to 5 minute arcade shit then complain how the game sucks and thats not the same as it used to be. Enjoy god damn lore, relax doing those WQs. This community sucks anyway, bunch of crybabys, typical generalized americans or spoiled kids who have no patience, losers who desire instant gratification... basically, one can never satisfy WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Greetings,

I'm strongly in the camp of no-flying but Krokuun and Antoran are really testing me. I'm wondering what's going through Blizzards mind and why they don't seem to be making terrain easier to navigate and are instead making it harder.

As I said I'm generally not bothered by having to explore via ground mounts, but my limits are being pushed when to get to each world quest you have to run over some of the most chaotic and confusing terrain yet while trying not to get dazed off your mount when charging through often unavoidable fields of mobs. Graveyards also seem to be few and far between making corpse runs a pain.

How do you feel about this?
    I agree with them completely that Argus is meant to be a hostile, unfriendly place. And I agree we shouldn't have flying.

Until a certain point.

I don't see why we can't have a pathfinder part 3 thats;

Revered both factions
    Explore the three zones,
    Find x amount of hidden treasures.
    clear the new dungeon on mythic,
    clear the new raid on normal or higher,
    Complete x amount of unique world quests
    Kill x amount of unique rare spawns.
    Loremaster for Argus

Once you do all of those, you've literally done everything, I don't see why we cant have flying after that. Lore wise, you've defeated the legion on their home turf, there will only be remnants of their forces left. Game wise, like I said we've literally done everything,

HTFU
    No, you don't need flying but WoW is not a fun game without it.
    It was one of the main features and one of the best ones for 10 years.

It was one of the main reasons for playing WoW over other MMOs.

Not much point in playing without it.

HTFU
    This is your logic, in a metaphor/allegory/whatever you want to classify it as:

Guy 1 at a restaurant: "I love Creme Brule! You guys had it but now it's not on the menu anymore...One of the reasons I came here to this restaurant is to eat your creme brule! Why did you take it away? Give it back please or I will stop coming here and go elsewhere!"

Guy 2 overhearing Guy 1, chimes in: "You don't need Creme Brule! It's not necessary for ME to have fun, so wherefore it's not necessary for YOU to have fun! I don't have to eat it, so therefore you don't need it, either. I know what is better and best for other customers here, so what I say should override your enjoyment level, Also stop crying nub, git gud, blah blah blah <insert typical neckbeard douchey insult to people who simply disagree with you>."

Guy 1 just wants to enjoy his creme brule. Guy 1 doesn't want anything taken away from Guy 2. Guy 1 wants to enjoy his creme brule without interfering with Guy 2's fun. Guy 2 doesn't have to eat creme brule. Guy 1 doesn't want what Guy 2 enjoys to be REMOVED from the menu, either.

Guy 2 is just being a fucking douchebag and wants to be a gaming nazi and enforce his method of playing onto others. Guy 2 doesn't HAVE to fly. It's always optional. He can use his ground mount and stay on the ground if he wants, but Guy 1 doesn't have the option to fly anymore (and how DARE he not just take it and be happy with it in a game he fucking pays for!). But Guy 2 also wants to ENFORCE the ground restriction on others because he believes it somehow affects his own enjoyment (hint: it doesn't).
    Last edited by meowfurion; 2017-09-07 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    WoW, this thread still open? There is still people who can't navigate the zones?

P.S: i didn't know WoW was a flying simulator, i must have played the wrong game then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    WoW, this thread still open? There is still people who can't navigate the zones?

P.S: i didn't know WoW was a flying simulator, i must have played the wrong game then.
    1: People can navigate the zone. Yes, this thread is still open because we still can't fly in this shitty ass ugly annoying zone.

2: When WoW added flying in TBC (did you even play it back then?), did you call it a flying simulator back then? I insist you never use a flying mount, for any reason, ever, in any WoW related expansion or patch ever released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    1: People can navigate the zone. Yes, this thread is still open because we still can't fly in this shitty ass ugly annoying zone.

2: When WoW added flying in TBC (did you even play it back then?), did you call it a flying simulator back then? I insist you never use a flying mount, for any reason, ever, in any WoW related expansion or patch ever released.
    No, i love flying and i will always use if it's avaible. And no, if i can't fly i won't cry like a little bitch all day long. And the flying simulator thing, was about a poster above who was talking about flying as a MAIN features of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I agree with them completely that Argus is meant to be a hostile, unfriendly place. And I agree we shouldn't have flying.

Until a certain point.

I don't see why we can't have a pathfinder part 3 thats;

Revered both factions
    Explore the three zones,
    Find x amount of hidden treasures.
    clear the new dungeon on mythic,
    clear the new raid on normal or higher,
    Complete x amount of unique world quests
    Kill x amount of unique rare spawns.
    Loremaster for Argus

Once you do all of those, you've literally done everything, I don't see why we cant have flying after that. Lore wise, you've defeated the legion on their home turf, there will only be remnants of their forces left. Game wise, like I said we've literally done everything,
    Just as a point of interest: WTF do dungeons or raiding have to do with flying? Unless you're suggesting we be allowed to fly in that content once we've cleared it? XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Just as a point of interest: WTF do dungeons or raiding have to do with flying? Unless you're suggesting we be allowed to fly in raids once we've cleared that content? XD
    New thread: "Why Saurfang and Bronzebeard can fly inside ICC and i can't? Nice work Blizzard!".

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    No, i love flying and i will always use if it's avaible. And no, if i can't fly i won't cry like a little bitch all day long. And the flying simulator thing, was about a poster above who was talking about flying as a MAIN features of WoW.
    Nobody is crying like a little bitch. People are rightfully complaining, and you are being an asshole and ACCUSING them of crying like a little bitch, therefore crying like a little bitch about people crying like a little bitch.

I want flying back. It adds to my enjoyment of the game, but you can't honestly sit there and LIE and act like it detracts from YOUR enjoyment of the game when you can just choose to use ground mounts instead. *shrug*