Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Looks like throttling alright to me. Make sure that your PSU is properly installed and the intake fan isnt blocked. Also check your MCP temperature.
    I put everything where it should be with the PSU. If something was wrong, would it even work?

Intake fan works as supposed.

How can I check MCP temperature? What are the normal limits?

Make sure you got the intel rapid storage software installed, also what HDD are you using? I haven't seen it mentioned so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Make sure you got the intel rapid storage software installed, also what HDD are you using? I haven't seen it mentioned so far.
    I have IRS installed.

This is the HDD, supposedly good: Western Digital WDC WD5003AZEX-00K3CA0

https://www.wdc.com/products/interna...k-desktop.html

Deleted
    GTA 5 runs perfectly for me on an i5, GTX950 and 8gb RAM and also have it installed on the HDD and not SSD.
    If it stutters, it's usually because of the HDD, not enough RAM, drivers outdated or inexistant or some problem with the game itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    GTA 5 runs perfectly for me on an i5, GTX950 and 8gb RAM and also have it installed on the HDD and not SSD.
    If it stutters, it's usually because of the HDD, not enough RAM, drivers outdated or inexistant or some problem with the game itself.
    I will buy new RAM in a few weeks I guess. Maybe 3000 Mhz with 2x 8GB. I'll ditch the HDD as well. If problems persist, I don't know what to do.

I just overclocked my GPU and nothing changed. Here's another thing: I turned off v-sync in FIFA and my FPS goes to 200+. YET the image stutters. No, this isn't the usual screen tearing you get from v-sync being off. It's just stutter. However, I played League of Legends at 200+ fps and all seems fine on that.

People with worse specs that I've talked to can run FIFA perfectly nice. Or other games.

Drivers are updated. HDD is a good one with 7200 RPM. Temperatures perfect. Overclocking doesn't help. Specs are great (except RAM, but it doesn't seem to be totally used in a game).

.......................................................................................... ..................................

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    I will buy new RAM in a few weeks I guess. Maybe 3000 Mhz with 2x 8GB. I'll ditch the HDD as well. If problems persist, I don't know what to do.

I just overclocked my GPU and nothing changed. Here's another thing: I turned off v-sync in FIFA and my FPS goes to 200+. YET the image stutters. No, this isn't the usual screen tearing you get from v-sync being off. It's just stutter. However, I played League of Legends at 200+ fps and all seems fine on that.

People with worse specs that I've talked to can run FIFA perfectly nice. Or other games.

Drivers are updated. HDD is a good one with 7200 RPM. Temperatures perfect. Overclocking doesn't help. Specs are great (except RAM, but it doesn't seem to be totally used in a game).

.......................................................................................... ..................................
    Same/build (1070 instead) board as you, did the BIOS update that they did in July 20 or so, it fixes an issue with the HT, this fixed some issues. Also, try IOBIT driver updater. That updated a lot of stuff that Windows Update missed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jrf773 View Post
    Same/build (1070 instead) board as you, did the BIOS update that they did in July 20 or so, it fixes an issue with the HT, this fixed some issues. Also, try IOBIT driver updater. That updated a lot of stuff that Windows Update missed.
    I just downloaded Driver Booster yesterday (from IOBIT) and it did not fix issues. Many updates, but nothing really fixed.

I will now manually download everything motherboard-related and see how things patch out.

Pop open resource manager and check disk utilization. Also grab GPU-Z and see your GPU utilization.

FYI - Most of the "Driver Doctor/Booster/Fixit/whatever" are basically trash and generally add some sort of spyware or something of that nature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Pop open resource manager and check disk utilization. Also grab GPU-Z and see your GPU utilization.

FYI - Most of the "Driver Doctor/Booster/Fixit/whatever" are basically trash and generally add some sort of spyware or something of that nature.
    All seems to be utilized properly.

BIOS updated and nothing fixed.

Deleted
    Have you checked your power settings so you're not on 'Balanced' or 'Power Saver'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skokeh View Post
    Have you checked your power settings so you're not on 'Balanced' or 'Power Saver'?
    It is on high performance.

What resolution are you running your games at?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    What resolution are you running your games at?
    1920 x 1080.

I see in GPU-Z and ASUS GPU TWEAK II the following:

GPU isn't at full usage/load. Exactly why is that? Is it normal?

GPU-Z shows GPU Load% at average around 35%. GPU TWEAKII shows pretty much the same.

I not only overclocked the GPU to try it out but also put Power and FPS target limit at MAX!

So, why is it not fully loading the GPU, and is it normal? Could it be the issue here?!

Did you install the motherboard drivers?

Installing the motherboard drivers with generic crap suggested by windows isn't good enough.

You need to install motherboard drivers from the motherboard disk at a minimum. Preferably go to the manufacturers website and install them (the website ones are more up to date) but this can be a bit tricky with all the extra crap they sometimes give you on the website.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthegoat View Post
    Did you install the motherboard drivers?

Installing the motherboard drivers with generic crap suggested by windows isn't good enough.

You need to install motherboard drivers from the motherboard disk at a minimum. Preferably go to the manufacturers website and install them but this can be a bit tricky with all the extra crap they sometimes give you on the website.
    I just installed the latest BIOS and all drivers I can possibly see for any component.

See my post above. Is GPU load being low the issue maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my PSU is this: https://www.evga.com/Products/Produc...100-W1-0500-KR

Is there any chance is doesn't make my GPU/CPU fully utilized? The wattage is fine, but could it be too weak in design to power them fully?

Do you have any event log errors?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Do you have any event log errors?
    None that I recall, no.

I am sad.

You don't have to recall... Just check?

Make sure that your CPU is running at ~4ghz+ during the stuttery gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    I just downloaded Driver Booster yesterday (from IOBIT) and it did not fix issues. Many updates, but nothing really fixed.

I will now manually download everything motherboard-related and see how things patch out.
    While these tools can sometimes be useful, they will often use old drivers, drivers for a different product and basically, just mess shit up so bad it can't be fixed. Since you have run this, I would highly recommend a complete fresh install of Windows. Get the GPU Drivers direct from the nvidia/AMD site and install them, then going to your motherboard's manufacturer website and manually downloading the drivers for your motherboard and manually installing them all. Then, re-install GTAV and see if the issue persists. If the issue persists after that, you have ruled out software related issues and can pretty much bet you have a faulty piece of hardware.