Don't read if you want to see the Invasion Point worlds for yourself

So today I decided to check out the worlds we could visit - that amused me more than the generic 'kill x' and 'destroy x' style of progression. I was wondering if you have seen more worlds than I have - as if we had different worlds on the different regions.
    I haven't done any for a few hours tho, might've be a new one up right now, but so far:
    One that looks like Zangarmarsh - full of mushroom vegetation
    A barren-looking wasteland, alike End Time's Azeroth - the bones of a big creature, devoid of any life and blood(?)
    A molten world, sort of like the Firelands - lava and magma creatures
    One that isn't exactly a world, but a lot of floating islands next to each other that look like Shadowmoon Valley - the typical darker-themed forest
    This one sort of reminded me of Howling Fjord - tall trees, green grass and so on, looked nice - flying horner-like critters, looked like a nice place to be at

What we see is obviously parts of the whole picture, no doubt, but so far that's all I've seen. What's your look on this?

Haven't seen the "bones" one yet, but did see others. "Zangarmarsh at night" one is the worst in terms of density of mobs and the spawned boss effects (the aoe electric poles).

The one you haven't listed is the blood suckers one. Looks like some shallow river bed with blood spires and a bunch of mobs around. It's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Haven't seen the "bones" one yet, but did see others. "Zangarmarsh at night" one is the worst in terms of density of mobs and the spawned boss effects (the aoe electric poles).

The one you haven't listed is the blood suckers one. Looks like some shallow river bed with blood spires and a bunch of mobs around. It's not bad.
    Yeah, that's the one I meant with the bones - it has that big skeleton behind the spawn of the boss. It kind of felt disturbing to look at it - like, where did they get the blood from?
    But then again, that's not as disturbing and nearly everything else on Argus we've seen.

Ugh, i hated that one. While you constantly get damage buffs there, the mobs do insanely high damage compared to the other rifts, so you keep dying if you don't focus the right ones. Or accidentally pull extras.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ugh, i hated that one. While you constantly get damage buffs there, the mobs do insanely high damage compared to the other rifts, so you keep dying if you don't focus the right ones. Or accidentally pull extras.
    That's a separate (but real) problem though.

Content currently is not balanced for various classes. I basically can play Argus without major aggravation and "having fun" only on my BM huntard and Vengeance DH. Would be possibly ok on my Blood DK but he is slow and I just don't have capacity to bring 3rd toon in yet.

I can't imagine how clothies live through all the wandering trash, debuffs, elites on top of elites, etc...

Content currently is not balanced for various classes. I basically can play Argus without major aggravation and "having fun" only on my BM huntard and Vengeance DH. Would be possibly ok on my Blood DK but he is slow and I just don't have capacity to bring 3rd toon in yet.

I can't imagine how clothies live through all the wandering trash, debuffs, elites on top of elites, etc...
    Not having an issue on my warlock, but then we have a pocket tank for most of that stuff.
    But then again, I am not going into it as an undergeared alt.

Though that is from the experience of Argus in general.
    Slow progress myself, just got the flight to Mac'Aree and not done any invasion points yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not having an issue on my warlock, but then we have a pocket tank for most of that stuff.
    But then again, I am not going into it as an undergeared alt.

Though that is from the experience of Argus in general.
    Slow progress myself, just got the flight to Mac'Aree and not done any invasion points yet.
    Yep, Warlock is on my list of alts I might take there.

Regarding "undergeared", mine are in the ballpark of 890-900 when they hit Argus and that seems just enough to not get stomped (again - on those preferred alts...).

What I'm curious about is that they give BoA Unsullied tokens (ilebel 880) clearly designed to make our other alts Argus-capable.

I'm seriously doubting my Fire Mage in full 880 would be able to make his way around the first corner solo.

And yes a lot of us play solo, they can't claim they balance this for groups of friends, right?

Regarding "undergeared", mine are in the ballpark of 890-900 when they hit Argus and that seems just enough to not get stomped (again - on those preferred alts...).

What I'm curious about is that they give BoA Unsullied tokens (ilebel 880) clearly designed to make our other alts Argus-capable.

I'm seriously doubting my Fire Mage in full 880 would be able to make his way around the first corner solo.

And yes a lot of us play solo, they can't claim they balance this for groups of friends, right?
    Tried to do the Zangarmarsh invasion as a mage with a rogue and a paladin, got stomped hard repeatedly. Felt good to shut the computer down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Tried to do the Zangarmarsh invasion as a mage with a rogue and a paladin, got stomped hard repeatedly. Felt good to shut the computer down.
    I haven't had any of these problems as a mage. When I started in Argus I was 885 and close to 900 now and I can kill stuff pretty quickly with any of the 3 specs. I'm no expert mage or anything either. I could be doing Argus with any of my other alts (pala,dk, dh, hunter, shaman) but I decided on my mage.

To the OP, when I first when into an invasion it reminded me of rifts in Diablo 3 or maybe no man's sky. I thought maybe Blizzard had implemented the technology to use different biomes in Invasion points but it looks like it's just several set Invasions. I have to say I was kind of disappointed but oh well.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

These are a major disappointment for me. I didn't expect much and they didn't live up to that. The cost to enter will make the world boss ones a missed opportunity for alts. They could have done so much more with these.

- - - Updated - - -

That one was also the worst I have done. It is the only one I have died on. As far as I could tell there wasn't a tank or healer in the area so that didn't help.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yeah, they definitely feel pretty lazy. They could have easily said they were places elsewhere on the planet we were defending and it wouldn't have felt out of place.

Most of them felt like places I've been before. What really would have helped I think is if we were fighting alongside npcs of brand new races to defend their homelands. Something really foreign looking might have made the "world" thing believable.

That kind of work doesn't get done in lazy town though.

Is that the one with the infernals that like 2-3 shot you?

I can't remember the last time my hunter has died but he didn't have a chance in one of those zones unless a tank was taking aggro...

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Is that the one with the infernals that like 2-3 shot you?

I can't remember the last time my hunter has died but he didn't have a chance in one of those zones unless a tank was taking aggro...
    That's the one.

It's not the classes, it's this specific rift being totally out of whack. The mobs also have huge aggro ranges and call for help across the map, so you quickly end up with huge mobs stampeding through the area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That one was also the worst I have done. It is the only one I have died on. As far as I could tell there wasn't a tank or healer in the area so that didn't help.
    I was in there as a tank. Didn't go much better. Damage values in there are tuned way to high and the mobs bunch up on you at the drop of a hat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I went there at 848 on my Sub Rogue. Had no issues. It's been years since this game was hard, if it ever was at all.
    I went there on my lvl 15 priest and roflstomped everything. The game has become so trivial, taking away all the luster from achievement. Oh and all you guys who need lvl 110 to pwn Argus just suck so badly at WoW, I'm at a loss really.

I got around fine at 800ilvl as frost