Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft Movie - Sequel

If they continue this I vote Michael C Hall for Garrosh.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should have done first movie in warcraft 3 ,not warcraft 1. Now they will not continue
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    A Sequel would be long before Garrosh has any relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    They should have done first movie in warcraft 3 ,not warcraft 1. Now they will not continue
    Oh for the love of... can people stop with the "Warcraft movie would've been better if it started in the middle" whine, it wouldn't work because there's absolutely no prior world building and it would just end up being medieval version of Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    If they continue this I vote Michael C Hall for Garrosh.
    Don't worry. They won't.

Deleted
    It's highly unlikely a sequel will appear

Sequel would be either the fall of stormwind or the battle of lorderon, garry doesn't even come around til the re-entering of the dark portal

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Even if it is highly unlikely, one can hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    A Sequel would be long before Garrosh has any relevance.
    How do you figure? The movie ended with Thrall floating down the river. Garrosh is the son of Grom (also present in that movie and who was green at the time). Following the timeline of the main universe, Garrosh is born BEFORE Grom becomes corrupted, making Garrosh older than Thrall.

You're assuming the movies would follow the story of the game(s). But the lifetimes of the 2 are in the same era.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3341764608

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Even if it is highly unlikely, one can hope
    I would rather not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Don't worry. They won't.

Why you gotta do that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Why you gotta do that...
    Be realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Oh for the love of... can people stop with the "Warcraft movie would've been better if it started in the middle" whine, it wouldn't work because there's absolutely no prior world building and it would just end up being medieval version of Darth Vader.
    In my opinion, they could have gone for a story that didn't require as much explanation as Warcraft 3, but also was more interesting than Warcraft 1. The War of the Ancients, the Draenor Expedition or even the Cataclysm would have been fun, flashy adventures that wouldn't necessarily need to introduce too many characters or concepts.

People know what an elf is, what an orc is, what a dragon is. Sure, they may not know these smart human-like orcs, or their clan structure, or the lore behind the powers of the Light or fel magic, but that's midichlorians, anyone with enough interest can research Wowpedia or just play the games.

The movie was ambitious, it told a mostly self-contained story, but one that would only be truly interesting as the beginning of a trilogy. Characters such as Orgrim, Khadgar or Thrall would grow from one movie to another. As a stand-alone movie (which is what it's most likely going to be), most characters feel very bland, the story feels rushed and the stakes don't feel high enough.

I would rather not
    You don't have to be all negative just cause you didn't like the movie, stranger things have happened. I for one quite enjoyed it, as did my girlfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't see a sequel in the near future. The other one was a disaster, both financially and entertaining wise.
    It was not a financial disaster nor entertainment, it grossed 433M worldwide and has a 7/10 rating from actual VIEWERS. Just because you personally don't like something doesn't mean no one does.

Deleted
    You don't have to be all negative just cause you didn't like the movie, stranger things have happened. I for one quite enjoyed it, as did my girlfriend.
    I believe Blizzard spent too much time on it which hindered the game and its image... It felt like the team was more hyped for the movie than game especially in advertisement

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It was not a financial disaster nor entertainment, it grossed 433M worldwide and has a 7/10 rating from actual VIEWERS.
    Most of that 433m from China

I believe Blizzard spent too much time on it which hindered the game and its image... It felt like the team was more hyped for the movie than game especially in advertisement

- - - Updated - - -

Most of that 433m from China
    Where the money comes from matters zilch, its still money. Or does suddenly Chinese currency converted to USD mean less than non converted USD?

Most of WoW's active user base is from China, do they matter less?
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-09-07 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be realistic?
    Shit on my dreams.

I really liked the movie.

I also like movies like Mario Bros, and Waterworld so... I'm pretty easy to entertain.

I just want a Lich King movie

I wanna see The Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, talk about a clickbait headline.