Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being a Guardian Druid mainspec, I often forget that dazed is even a thing Lucky I guess lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    But wait for it... I'm not forced into combat.
    When you get dazed the game puts you in combat. In combat and doing combat are the distinction you seem to be trying to make.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Once again with the passive aggression and conceited attitude
    Did you want to be the pot, or the kettle. Seems like every post you make, you have to be right and it is unlikely those who oppose you might be. But, in this thread, people have four options:

1. Play a specific class/spec and avoid daze

2. Buy a LW item and avoid daze

3. Stealth around Argus

4. Avoid Argus

It really doesn't get much simpler. Since I have the first 3 covered, I am hardly concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh look, Joker's trying to act superior again...

Yes, dazing is a mechanic. No, it's not actually an interesting one. Yes, the world is dangerous and daze makes it so you can't just run through large packs. No, simply having large packs standing around isn't an interesting way to make the world dangerous. What would? Roaming, high hp, powerful elites for one. Simply plopping down 15 enemies is just lazy.
    some people just enjoy and get off from being constantly kicked in the nuts - that how world works nothing surpirsing about it.

its their idea of fun

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

BTW since you play a warlock use demonskin, you will never be dazed again (warlock who did not even know dazed was a problem in legion until playing alts)
    I main as a lock that always uses prydaz while questing and I seriously couldn't figure out why my lock never got dazed but my alts do. I figured it was really crazy luck. Good to know!

I also didn't know the LW item existed; haven't really paid much attention to profession items this xpac. I'll have to buy those for alts without Prydaz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Getting Sightless Eye really helps, you don't aggro mobs unless you're in melee range... and as such, no daze!
    Hey look, another game item that let's you avoid whining on the forums!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Being a Guardian Druid mainspec, I often forget that dazed is even a thing Lucky I guess lol
    I know exactly what you mean since I have mained a guardian since Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like most players I hate daze, but I understand why it's there (makes random mobs more threatening). The real problems I have with it is it's duration (it feels like a eternity even without the refresh rate), it loves to daze me when I am trying to gather a lot of mobs together to AoE down, and that it doesn't actually count as "movement impairing"(which it is) for the purpose of abilities that remove/suppresses those effects. Though the last part there might make daze too much of a non-issue if they did work.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I was flying across Pandaria today and I realized the zones are very good looking, immersive along with the in-game music, an open and vast world. Then I look at all Legion zones, it's heavily BAD. Even if I loved Suramar because of its story and such, the zone design nowadays are terrible. It makes me so sad. It's not even that there is much fel/green in Legion, it's how it almost feels like you have to climb a mountain or go through a maze to get where you want.
    People keep saying that and I keep not seeing it. I find none of the Legion zones have been difficult to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    While you might not be, there are several other Classes/Specs that are. Just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean everyone is immune. In fact, those who are not immune either bought the LW item, or are in here complaining about getting dazed.
    What classes can't? Every class can get away from combat pretty easily, especially if they have a body guard.

15+ Year Old Account
    What classes can't? Every class can get away from combat pretty easily, especially if they have a body guard.
    If you aren't forced into combat why do you need to get away from combat? Using body guards or class abilities to avoid combat is once again a smart thing to do. Not using those tools would make you dumb right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouw View Post
    Blizzard for god sake get rid of this awfull things that is DAZE, it's the most tilting things in the entire world and since Argus came out there is mobs everywhere, litteraly everywhere even on the road and we get daze all the time !!

I don't think you realise how frustrating this is to get dazed every single minute of your time on Argus.

Either you clear the path way of the zone or you get rid of this stupid shit that is just in the game to piss of players.

ps: i'm warlock don't tell me to play tank duh! And even with 940ilvl i still don't have prydaz (and don't want it)
    There are ways to beat the daze, all you have to do is really want to beat it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    When you get dazed the game puts you in combat. In combat and doing combat are the distinction you seem to be trying to make.
    There is no distinction I'm trying to make. Combat is the fighting between two things. Only one thing is "attempting" to fight and not even hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you aren't forced into combat why do you need to get away from combat? Using body guards or class abilities to avoid combat is once again a smart thing to do. Not using those tools would make you dumb right?
    Because again it's not combat. It's forced attempt to delay and nothing more. I'm not in combat because I'm not fighting anything. That's the distinction.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Damn you Blizz for making a game mechanic I have to compensate for instead of just letting me get to my destination worry free! This is not the World of Hugcraft I signed up for!!!"

/end humor and sarcasm

It's a game mechanic that is easily averted by those who are not just tank n spank kinda players. Back in TBC, we figured out how to avoid such hassle. Most players these days are all about instant gratification and not figuring out how to avoid said mechanics.
    Thats a half assed argument. Would you support blizzard if they forced everyone to go walking speed everywhere, and forced you to stay and fight every mob you aggro by placing invisible barriers around you until it was dead? Ya they have some band-aids for the problem but why not just actually fix it?

Stonehide leather barding and STFU

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, this doesn't make you smart. It means you are done dealing with archaic methods of causing one thing to happen that you are forced to seek alternative ways of getting rid of it. It's the equivalent of saying "I'm tired of having to do X in this game" then you go to enable a cheat, use an addon, etc to get around it. Does this make them smart or just lazy/entitled? In this sense people are tired of Daze so they go to seek out a cheat, addon or etc which the LW bard happens to be available. Calling one way smart would imply the other method is smart since both seek the same end goal.
    I disagree with you.

Daze is a "mechanic" and the game provide to you tools to make this less annoyng if you want, like in Wod, where you can choose the garrison ability/mount to avoid daze.

As a Shaman I have a wide range of option to make my life better... I have a travel form, I can use prydaz, a follower with speed enchancement, Gust of Wind ability.

As alchemy I can use speed potions, an alt can provide me with kites or Lwk Barding, you can also use some items that help you to jump away if you wanna avoid mobs that dazed you.
    Also I think we can use on Argus the Strange Dimensional Shard or the Fel Meteorite with Goblin Glider Kit/Avalance Elixir.

Having interaction between your class skills and professions don't make you particurally "smart", but makes you a players that know the game and his mechanics.
    And its good that we can use professions for that.

That kind of items and our abilities are made for that purpose but many players don't know even that they exist.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

15+ Year Old Account
    Because again it's not combat. It's forced attempt to delay and nothing more. I'm not in combat because I'm not fighting anything. That's the distinction.
    How is it a forced attempt to delay if you are not in combat? You can't be forced with something you are not even in. In an effort to not be wrong you keep inventing new ways of why certain words don't work when others use them but they work when you use them. The game puts you In Combat so there fore you are in combat. You can't remount because you are in combat.

You have to drop combat in order to remount. The game forces an attempt to delay by putting you in combat so you can't remount right away. All of your methods you say can avoid combat are used to drop combat faster. You are still in combat because the moment you got dazed, or the mob aggro'd, you are "In combat". So by any stretch of the words "In Combat" you are in combat.

The many ways in which one can avoid being dazed are for all to use, so use them.

What I would like however, is for them to remove the ability mobs have to daze you when you're NOT mounted. If they have abilities that root or slow you, that's fine since not all mobs tend to have those abilities.

"Damn you Blizz for making a game mechanic I have to compensate for instead of just letting me get to my destination worry free! This is not the World of Hugcraft I signed up for!!!"

/end humor and sarcasm

It's a game mechanic that is easily averted by those who are not just tank n spank kinda players. Back in TBC, we figured out how to avoid such hassle. Most players these days are all about instant gratification and not figuring out how to avoid said mechanics.
    Bitching about the daze effect was in full effect way back when. Just sayin'.

And people figure out the extremely simple concept of avoiding daze mechanics just fine. Nice try to implement the always popular "instant gratification"-trope though.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-07 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    People keep saying that and I keep not seeing it. I find none of the Legion zones have been difficult to navigate.
    It's not that hard to navigate indeed, but the zones are very boring and nothing interesting.

I find this incredibly annoying also, to such an extent that I only play tank specs in non-flying current expansion content. Otherwise it takes forever to get anywhere, you get knocked off your mount after running past a dozen mobs and you're faced with a real fight you didn't want. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    It's not that hard to navigate indeed, but the zones are very boring and nothing interesting.
    Would love to know what was so interesting in previous zones then... To my knowledge, zones have never been anything other than within the realm of what's possible in this game.