Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Oh so your source is some "leak" that you can't seem to find... convenient? Reliable? I think I've made my point here.

Now lets address your tendency to be hyperbolic with actual facts.

Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4) was released September 10, 2013
    World of Warcraft: War Crimes was released May 6, 2014 (I don't care for Christie Golden's work at all, but that seems like a short turnaround for a novel, even a shitty one) My point here is that was probably in the works for quite a while, and not a last minute change as you are suggesting it is.
    Warlords of Draenor was released November 13, 2014

So it wasn't 2 years of content drought. It was a 1 year and 2 months. Which is plenty long enough... why do you need to lie to make your point? Makes anything else you may have to say "truthful" or not, way less believable.

"Alot of poeple" expected a patch after 5.4... again what exactly do you base that on? Your perception of forum posts? That is hardly a reliable metric to be collecting "data" from.

As I recall from very recent events, "a lot of people" expected an expansion announcement at Gamescom. What does that tell us? That people's expectations aren't always founded in reality. Hoping and wishing... doesn't at all mean that it was indeed intended for production.
    Hey look at that I found it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Leak-Inside

Now about that "Hyperbole"...

Lets just start by deconstructing this smartassery for what it is, trolling posturing at its finest, ill humor you *one* more time and no further.

It was 2 years, 2013, 2014, it NEARLY hit 2015 if it wasnt for a rushed beta so that they could get content out faster rather than more efficently. WoD prooves my damn point more than anything else, thanks for using it as the best example of the entire topic.

An example of an expansion that was rushed out on a hurried basis because blizzard literally ran out of content, recycled an entire continent with a rehashed zone trying to pass it off as outland 2.0 with even less effort done than cata, and ended up having little more than a 4 tier raid difficulty that nobody even cared about by the end, and a garrison system that literally demoted the idea of even GOING OUTSIDE THE GARRISON.

Enough of your jibing and self indulgance, you can find something else to weasel on for a while.

We can agree Gamescom was a stretch, frankly it was promising but never had much to go on. But the fact is that if blizzards method of content gating is to literally stop raids comming out on day one to prevent people doing them, ive got bad news for you.

That means they're being lazy.

Its not like they cant afford it, they have, the money, the staff, and the time.

They simply dont have the shits, to give.

You literally helped me proove my point and to that I can only thank you at the ironic downfall of your own argument.

Gracias, Graci, Merci, Danke, And Thank You, you are the best example of the problem yet. Braizen denial at the obvious fact that blizzard has become stagnant, lazy and less indulged to make more content.

How else would you possibly justify the existance of the RNG of today? You would say that blizzard is enhancing content no doubt, by choosing to literally give people less reward for more effort?

You would call it good content because people literally have *Nothing* to do after an obligatory farm that rewarded *nothing* in the first place?

You want to play the game less? To have less to do? You want the game to literally become Garrison the game? Seriously?

Have fun with that, quite honestly maybe I am too old for it, but at least I know what it was I wanted from it instead of pretending the world is fine as it is, and in reality, being malcontent with it.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2017-09-07 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Hey look at that I found it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Leak-Inside

Now about that "Hyperbole"...

Lets just start by deconstructing this smartassery for what it is, trolling posturing at its finest, ill humor you *one* more time and no further.

It was 2 years, 2013, 2014, it NEARLY hit 2015 if it wasnt for a rushed beta so that they could get content out faster rather than more efficently. WoD prooves my damn point more than anything else, thanks for using it as the best example of the entire topic.
    Yay for the magic of numbers and being dishonest huh? It was LITERALLY 1 year, and 2 months. LOL what a tool... what else you got in that bag of tricks Felix?

More senseless and baseless complaints.
    In the end you have a leak post on MMO-C... that's hardly reliable source material. You might as well have told us you have a cousin, who has a friend, who knows a guy that used to work at Blizzard.

I loved WoD personally, and up until Legion (now Legion) it has been my longest uninterrupted running subscription since WotLK.

I'll never understand why people have to quit a game with such drama. Just do what normal people do and cancel your account and don't tell anyone about it, leave with some dignity. Bye!

7+ Year Old Account
    I loved WoD personally
    You loved the expac that brought us Garrisonville and Selfies, with Twitter integration?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    You loved the expac that brought us Garrisonville and Selfies, with Twitter integration?
    Even basic bitch websites and apps have twitter integration... stop pretending like that was some huge development project.

Selfies... oh lord creating a dashboard/toolbar to do something the game can already do (take screenshots) I bet that was a huge undertaking.

As far as garrisons, people didn't hate Garrisons, they hated they never left them, you spending all your time in them actually makes them pretty successful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even basic bitch websites and apps have twitter integration... stop pretending like that was some huge development project.

Selfies... oh lord creating a dashboard/toolbar to do something the game can already do (take screenshots) I bet that was a huge undertaking.

As far as garrisons, people didn't hate Garrisons, they hated they never left them, you spending all your time in them actually makes them pretty successful.
    Most of the lore was lackluster. More Orcs. TBC 2.0. WoD was hardly a great expac.

As far as garrisons, people didn't hate Garrisons, they hated they never left them
    I dunno, I heard that complaint a lot that people never left them, but there was an easy fix for that...leave your garrison. I never really saw the difference between people waiting in their garrison for queues to pop while they watched tradechat as compared to past expansions, where people sat in whatever town was relevant at the time and waiting for queues to pop while watching tradechat. The only difference was there weren't other people around you that you could pretend were checking out your amazing gear and mounts.
    Complaining about sitting in garrisons was crying for the sake of something to cry about. There was no reason not to leave your garrison if you didn't want to be there, just like there was no reason to have to sit in Dalaran in Wrath or Legion, or sit in SW during Cata. It was one of the most pathetic complaints of WoD, followed by "omg I have to take 30 seconds to click some quests on the mission board if I feel like it, WoW turned into a facebook game!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the lore was lackluster. More Orcs. TBC 2.0. WoD was hardly a great expac.
    I wouldn't make the claim that it was great, but I enjoyed it more than cata or mop.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't make the claim that it was great, but I enjoyed it more than cata or mop.
    I hated MoP for the Asian theme, but apparently it was popular for the encounters and such, even though 5.05-5.2 were nothing but dailies, dailies and more dailies. Took Garrosh blowing up the golden pagoda and commendations arriving for people to settle down.

I enjoyed Cata for the uniqueness in each zone, and my Worgen Druid, but always felt like the zones were very disjointed and randomly plugged into places.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol..

WoW is old yes, but have been upgraded many time.

Same with Windows, it's the same thing, they have upgraded it!

So, WoW can last forever, they can update ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    To be honest, it's all in your head. You're just tired of the game, and/or burnt out. It's an old game, and it's time to move on for many people.

With all that said, WoW is still thriving and will continue to for the next 5-10 years, if not more. What I have to agree with though is the fact that gated content is horrible and shouldn't exist. :-/
    Wow has not been thriving since Wrath. The came has been on a strong steady decline since the end of Wrath, and WOD had the largest loss of players in the shortest amount of time for any expansion. More then half of this expansion was cut and paste. from gear to certain terrain lay outs like caves. All previously used. The story starts off ok then for no reason trails off or just ends. Stupid dev decisions, poor mechanics and lack luster story tellling do not make a fun and engaging game. Its so sad to see how far this game has fallen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    lol..

WoW is old yes, but have been upgraded many time.

Same with Windows, it's the same thing, they have upgraded it!

So, WoW can last forever, they can update ANYTHING.
    I wouldnt use Windows as a example at all.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Wow has not been thriving since Wrath. The came has been on a strong steady decline since the end of Wrath, and WOD had the largest loss of players in the shortest amount of time for any expansion. More then half of this expansion was cut and paste. from gear to certain terrain lay outs like caves. All previously used. The story starts off ok then for no reason trails off or just ends. Stupid dev decisions, poor mechanics and lack luster story tellling do not make a fun and engaging game. Its so sad to see how far this game has fallen.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt use Windows as a example at all.
    Why not?
    At its base windows 10 is the exact same thing as windows 95, same as WoW at its base the game is the exact same as vanilla.
    Through the years windows has changed to be faster with more QoL features among other things for better or worse.
    The same is seen in WoW through the years its been changed to look better, run better and added on to offer more content.

I when you think about it windows is a pretty good comparison.

You sir are my hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    [WOD] An example of an expansion that was rushed out on a hurried basis because blizzard literally ran out of content, recycled an entire continent with a rehashed zone trying to pass it off as outland 2.0 with even less effort done than cata
    Erm sorry but I have to defend WoD here. The continent is vastly different, the Art is very beautiful and detailed. A lot of love was put into it and while the SHAPE of the zones is similar, that's where the "reuse" ends.

WoD had it's flaws, definitely. Lack of gorgeous artwork / creativity of the art department were not among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    As long as WoW keeps growing their mountain of gold the game will never be abandoned. They just made some horrible game design decisions with the latest expansion is all.
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Erm sorry but I have to defend WoD here. The continent is vastly different, the Art is very beautiful and detailed. A lot of love was put into it and while the SHAPE of the zones is similar, that's where the "reuse" ends.

WoD had it's flaws, definitely. Lack of gorgeous artwork / creativity of the art department were not among them.
    Well, your point is true but you are arguing with someone who will dismiss that and claim that he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

It literally has parts of terrain that ever never finished, in Stormshield for example, they stillhavent fixed the buggy table that floats off the ground near the stormwind portal.

It was lazily made.

10+ Year Old Account
    You fucking kidding? Legion is one of the most dev heavy and focused xpacs (if not THE most) that we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    You fucking kidding? Legion is one of the most dev heavy and focused xpacs (if not THE most) that we've ever had.
    So dev heavy yet lacking fun, engaging content that is not more of the same or taken from other games along with re-used art assets from previous expansions including weapons, gear and mobs .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    So dev heavy yet lacking fun, engaging content that is not more of the same or taken from other games along with re-used art assets from previous expansions including weapons, gear and mobs .
    Lacking fun is opinion, not measurable evidence. I'm having plenty of fun in the game.

Oh and if you have played this game for more than 2 years you know that the art assets, weapons, gear, mobs etc are largely the same in every xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it feels more like they're getting tired of it and theyre running out of ideas. WoW is going on what? 14 years? Most of the good stories have been told already and the stories that have yet to be told are in the hands of not so competent writers. Definitely weaker than back in the golden years of vanilla-WotLK.