Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Ok, ok... not ALL Americans do obviously But still, whenever you see them in a suit it's 9/10 times way too large.
    If it's the fashion over there, that's cool. I'm not ripping on you guys for having your own taste. Was just wondering really.

Maybe it's a leftover from the baggy clothes trend from the 1990's and 2000's?
    Where the living hell are you basing your theory from?

His suit is like Idk 4-5x too big

Sigh even he might let you finish

This is just who tailored it?

So I think we will go back to the your example was 2 guys with only 1 wearing a suit, see there is a difference between you seen it once, and it being a prevalent thing.

We just dont like fitting suits, not in the states we push it in hollywood even

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Maybe it does, in the US. In the rest of the world it does not. You do NOT get to decide how we define our words. There are pretty large differences in how English-English and US-English is spoken alone, not to mention all the other languages that exist.

America is two continents, not one country. And the US is not the world, just a small part of it. I also bet that most people would agree that it is a rather embaressing part as well.
    In all my international travels I've never heard of anyone say American and not be referring to ONLY the USA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I like how the OP had to clarify that he was talking about USA Americans, as if, you know, Americans come from somewhere else......
    South America is still a thing i think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I find tight form fitting suits on men unattractive. I prefer the looser American style.
    You are as tasteless as the Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Where the living hell are you basing your theory from?

His suit is like Idk 4-5x too big

Sigh even he might let you finish

This is just who tailored it?

So I think we will go back to the your example was 2 guys with only 1 wearing a suit, see there is a difference between you seen it once, and it being a prevalent thing.

We just dont like fitting suits, not in the states we push it in hollywood even

Hollywood stars have stylists who buy their clothes. Also your english is barely understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    I wonder how many of you actually tried any clothes, not just suits, that are 'fit' for your size? When you start moving or sit down either your ass crack shows, your shirt goes off the pants, your balls are squeezed and similar not-so-fun stuff.
    If your shirt is lifting out of the trousers, it means the armholes are too large. Same thing goes for the jacket lifting if you move your arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Outside of the USA, people use the word America to talk about America. The continent, not your background. Canada is in America just like the USA is in America.
    lol no they dont. quit it. everybody knows who america is. where exactly you from again? bet you money i can go to any forum from your area say america and the only thing that comes to their mind is USA. once again, quit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    In all my international travels I've never heard of anyone say American and not be referring to ONLY the USA.
    every asian country i know of is the same way. hes trying to appear smart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    South America is still a thing i think.
    notice how you said south america

if you said north america that would include mexico canada usa, if you said south america that would include all those in SA. if you say america, you mean USA only or you cannot comprehend simple geographical terms.

back on topic - europe hasnt set fashion trends in a long time. since james bond days and i mean sean connery bond lol

don't know about American but when I lived in Yemen we see tight cloth are feminine on men

Deleted
    Maybe it does, in the US. In the rest of the world it does not. You do NOT get to decide how we define our words. There are pretty large differences in how English-English and US-English is spoken alone, not to mention all the other languages that exist.

America is two continents, not one country. And the US is not the world, just a small part of it. I also bet that most people would agree that it is a rather embaressing part as well.
    Hi dear. When you speak about the two continents it's called the Americas. America is only used in combination of North, Middle/Central and South. For someone that puts such power into defining words, you should at least learn the correct definition of those said words, this is 2nd grade material. Pretty embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Some Europeans like to claim that "American" refers to anyone from either North or South America, despite the fact that absolutely no one from either North or South America refers to themself as American if they aren't also from the United States.

I mean, what do they think the proper term is? "United Statesian?"

Some of them also claim that North and South America are one continent, despite each landmass being twice the size of Europe and connected by a spit of land 30 miles across. And if we're merging continents, Europe and Asia would the first to be combined, seeing as the only delineation is a nebulous string of mountains.
    Yep, in spanish "americans" are called Estado unidenses which would literally translate to united statians.

Suits - the office workers uniform..

Just as butt-ugly as any other uniform regardless of fitting size or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lol no they dont. quit it. everybody knows who america is. where exactly you from again? bet you money i can go to any forum from your area say america and the only thing that comes to their mind is USA. once again, quit it.

- - - Updated - - -

every asian country i know of is the same way. hes trying to appear smart.

- - - Updated - - -

notice how you said south america

if you said north america that would include mexico canada usa, if you said south america that would include all those in SA. if you say america, you mean USA only or you cannot comprehend simple geographical terms.

back on topic - europe hasnt set fashion trends in a long time. since james bond days and i mean sean connery bond lol
    You're right. That's why all the big American designers have been hiring European designers for the past 50 years.

And tell me what fashion trends the Americans have set? I can't remember one trend that wasn't European or Asian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do Europeans wear such tight suits?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Did you ever travel internationally (that is did you ever travel past the borders of USA)?

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    don't know about American but when I lived in Yemen we see tight cloth are feminine on men
    I didnt wanna be the one to go there but yea

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Did you ever travel internationally (that is did you ever travel past the borders of USA)?
    Can you not read my single sentence post? Here I will re-quote it for you...
    I count Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Spain, Italy, France, Monaco, China and Taiwan as international travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I've been to every populated continent but Africa and speak Spanish fluently. You know what they refer to me as in Spanish or Portuguese? "Americano" You know what they called me in Japan and China? (I don't speak Mandarin or Japanese)In English they called me an American and refered to the US as "America". You know what they call the US in the UK, and Australia? America. You know what they called me in Iraq and Kuwait? An American. You know what they call people from the US in Canada? American. You know what the Dutch and Germans called me? An American. Want to guess what they called me in India? You got it, American. Your desire to be anti-American and apply a term to people not living in the United States isn't fooling anyone.
    Because you are, an "US American" that is.
    The USA are in America, you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you not read my single sentence post? Here I will re-quote it for you...

I count Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Spain, Italy, France, Monaco, China and Taiwan as international travel.
    Well you never know, you could have assumed Florida and Texas is "international" travel.
    That's how your post came accross.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If your shirt is lifting out of the trousers, it means the armholes are too large. Same thing goes for the jacket lifting if you move your arms.
    I've spend a while to figure out why that would be so and it actually makes sense. But then, wearing up clothes with tighter armholes/arms is still annoying, feels 'tighter' as if it was limiting your movement even if it actually doesn't.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Well you never know, you could have assumed Florida and Texas is "international" travel.
    That's how your post came accross.
    Touche, those are practically their own countries...

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    I've spend a while to figure out why that would be so and it actually makes sense. But then, wearing up clothes with tighter armholes/arms is still annoying, feels 'tighter' as if it was limiting your movement even if it actually doesn't.
    Basically, you want the base of the arm hole to be as far up the body of the shirt or jacket as possible while still remaining comfortable, because then you're pulling less of the garment upwards or to the side when you move. Last time I was shopping for a blazer I tried one on that had the armholes halfway down the body (about as bad as it gets) just to try it out, and no matter how still I kept my upper body, I couldn't stop the blazer from shifting and crumpling up.

Obviously it needs to be comfortable, otherwise you won't look good no matter how expensive and well-cut the shirt or jacket is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Yep, in spanish "americans" are called Estado unidenses which would literally translate to united statians.
    Okay.

Are you speaking spanish?

- - - Updated - - -

So would that be true for all place names or only for this exceptional one?
    Better go and learn a lot of foreign languages and pronounciations if you want to hold that position.
    Except you're speaking English and refusing to use the english word for something, as determined by the people who it applies to in english.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah yeah soapbox soapbox.

But you're barking up the wrong tree. You're basically saying that you, a small group of countries, some of whom speak english, should determine how another, much larger group of countries, some of whom also speak english, should refer to itself, even when they use different terminology.

You're the one trying to impress "cultural values" here, bub.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.