Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Commander of Argus - Soultender Videx

I lack three rares to complete this achievement, but this NPC is a mystery; it appears he was never found even on the PTR.

What is Known

1) He is a "seer" type of demon.

2) He has an "unstealth" sound effect attached to him, per Wowhead.

3) So far, he has not appeared as a WQ, random spawn, and I have never seen any groups for him listed, and some have reported that he was never encountered on the PTR.

Points to Ponder

1) His name would indicate his job is to attend to "souls". There are a few places that might fit the bill, specially in Northern Krokuun and Antoran Wastes.

2) Since many seer demons are found in Antoran Wastes, that may be the best bet for his location, despite there being quite a few rares already in the zone.

3) He may require an "attunement" akin to The Many-Faced Devourer or Squadron Commander Vishax. I've seen no strange item drops in my time in Argus that would indicate this in the case, however.

4) He may not unlock until after quests in Week 3 are completed.

5) He may become available to kill when all the other rares have been killed, a la Xemirkol in Tanaan Jungle. However, Videx is included in the achievement list, whereas Xemirkol was not.

6) He is not yet in the game, or he was mistakenly left in the achievement.

Things to Try

1) Kill only the seer rares in Antoran Wastes (maybe after the other rares have been killed?).

2) Explore the entirety of Antoran Wastes while under the "agent of the all-seer" buff.

3) Try out the Vindicaar powers in out-of-the-way areas.

4) Explore Argus while in ghost form.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-09-07 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Seems that no one knows where this guy spawns. I'm inching close to completing this achievement for those sweet transmogs, but this dude's a mystery. Anyone have any info?

EDIT #1: "Soultender" would indicate he's in the vicinity of a lot of souls, and that his job is "tending" to them. There are a few places that might fit the bill.

EDIT #2: Wowhead commenter speculates that he may become available to kill when all the other rares have been killed, a la Xemirkol in Tanaan Jungle.
    Im myself about to complete the achievement only missing 3 rares in Mac'aree now besides the soultender but i think its not like xemirkol since there is no random teleport me to the next rare item on any reputation vendor as far as i have seen, i think hes just part of a rare worldquest that can spawn like that one ettin on the mountains high up in Highmountain, but thats just my speculation.

Or he has some undiscovered busy work via item finding or similar to the 3 rares in Antoran Wastes.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-09-07 at 11:20 AM.

Yeah, I only have Shadowcaster Voruun, Vigilant Thanos, and Videx left to kill, and the first two have yet to spawn, and I've been watching or camping their spots for the good portion of the last two days. Maybe they're tied to Week 3 of the storyline, but I'm not sure why they would be.

If Videx is summoned by collecting items a la The Many-Faced Devourer, it seems that no one discovered a single clue during PTR. One Wowhead commenter mentioned that Videx has a sound file for unstealthing, so this may be the case, or, like the Legion Treasure Hoard ("Shoot First, Loot Later"), Videx might be found in a hard-to-reach area somewhere on Argus.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-09-07 at 11:39 AM.

Yeah, I only have Shadowcaster Voruun, Vigilant Thanos, and Videx left to kill, and the first two have yet to spawn, and I've been watching or camping their spots for the good portion of the last two days. Maybe they're tied to Week 3 of the storyline, but I'm not sure why they would be.

If Videx is summoned by collecting items a la The Many-Faced Devourer, it seems that no one discovered a single clue during PTR. One Wowhead commenter mentioned that Videx has a sound file for unstealthing, so this may be the case, or, like the Legion Treasure Hoard ("Shoot First, Loot Later"), Videx might be found in a hard-to-reach area somewhere on Argus.
    There are many floating islands around Mac'aree (some with trasure chests) so maybe he's there somewhere, also you dont have to camp the spots, the rares are on a 4 hour rotation it seems beginning @ 9 AM and every 4 hours from there on they rotate.

- - - Updated - - -

There could maybe also be a cave somewhere on the "outside" in the cliffs like the 2 caves for the 2 hidden chests that are reachable with a glider, i try to look around.

Also do we even know if he's in Mac'Aree, ? maybe hes a Dungeon rare/WQ mob for the Seat of the Triumvirate, in one of the 2 other zones, a raid WQ, or a rarespawn in the invasion portals.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-09-07 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    There are many floating islands around Mac'aree (some with trasure chests) so maybe he's there somewhere, also you dont have to camp the spots, the rares are on a 4 hour rotation it seems beginning @ 9 AM and every 4 hours from there on they rotate.

- - - Updated - - -

There could maybe also be a cave somewhere on the "outside" in the cliffs like the 2 caves for the 2 hidden chests that are reachable with a glider, i try to look around.

Also do we even know if he's in Mac'Aree, ? maybe hes a Dungeon rare/WQ mob for the Seat of the Triumvirate.
    I was just camping them to kill them right away, as I really want those transmogs.

I'm waiting on my Nitro Boosts to fail, kick me up in the air, and then glide to some of these islands. Thing is, if the rares were grouped in any coherent order in the achievement text, it could clue us in as to which portion of Argus in which he resides; as it is, it just seems random.

He could be in the dungeon, but as the other rares were in the open world, it seems odd they'd do that...but you never know.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-09-07 at 12:09 PM.

I was just camping them to kill them right away, as I really want those transmogs.

I'm waiting on my Nitro Boosts to fail, kick me up in the air, and then glide to some of these islands. Thing is, if the rares were grouped in any coherent order in the achievement text, it could clue us in as to which portion of Argus in which he resides; as it is, it just seems random.

He could be in the dungeon, but as the other rares were in the open world, it seems odd they'd do that...but you never know.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=104299/falling-flame is an explorers best friend, if you have it

Vigilant Thanos and Shadowcaster Voruun have yet to appear as well, although their spawn point are known.

Since the former is located in the area where the new dungeon is located, he may not be available until we've quested through that area with next week's unlock. Not sure about the latter.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-09-07 at 07:33 PM.

Vigilant Thanos and Shadowcaster Voruun have yet to appear as well, although their spawn point are known.

Since the former is located in the area where the new dungeon is located, he may not be available until we've quested through that area with next week's unlock. Not sure about the latter.
    Ye, im missing Thanos, Vorunn and Umbraliss in addition to Videx.

It's possible that Thanos would be tied behind the dungeon unlocking, but it seems a bit unlikely since Captain Faruq is in the same area and he has spawned.

My guess would be that the remaining 2 with known locations are likely world quests. For instance Commander Texlaz in the Antoran Wastes seems to be a world quest-exlcusive rare as well and it took several days last week before it came up. We might have simply been unlucky so far with repeats like Slithon and Vigilant Kuro.

Blizzard has said that more world quests would be unlocked next week after we conclude the storyline, so perhaps those last rares are tied to that set as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's possible that Thanos would be tied behind the dungeon unlocking, but it seems a bit unlikely since Captain Faruq is in the same area and he has spawned.

My guess would be that the remaining 2 with known locations are likely world quests. For instance Commander Texlaz in the Antoran Wastes seems to be a world quest-exlcusive rare as well and it took several days last week before it came up. We might have simply been unlucky so far with repeats like Slithon and Vigilant Kuro.

Blizzard has said that more world quests would be unlocked next week after we conclude the storyline, so perhaps those last rares are tied to that set as well.
    Good points. I'm a bit too anxious to get those transmogs, although everyone will be rocking them soon enough and I'll stop using them. XD

The Lustrous Eventide Greatsword is a dead-on match with the paladin Tier 20 LFR recolor.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-09-08 at 04:08 PM.

Good points. I'm a bit too anxious to get those transmogs, although everyone will be rocking them soon enough and I'll stop using them. XD

The Lustrous Eventide Greatsword is a dead-on match with the Tier 20 LFR recolor.
    So thanos should be up right now on EU realms, im on a german realm and he spawned @ 5pm

That leaves Vorunn for yet to be spawned and Videx for discovered.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-09-08 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    So thanos should be up right now on EU realms, im on a german realm and he spawned @ 5pm

That leaves Vorunn for yet to be spawned and Videx for discovered.
    Awesome. I'll go hang out near Thanos to nab him once he shows up on US.

EDIT: Vigilant Kuro is up on US realms; wonder if they can spawn simultaneously, or of it's one or the other?
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-09-08 at 06:59 PM.

Awesome. I'll go hang out near Thanos to nab him once he shows up on US.

EDIT: Vigilant Kuro is up on US realms; wonder if they can spawn simultaneously, or of it's one or the other?
    Thanos is currently up on US realms (I'm on A-52). The trend I've noticed is every 4 hours new sets of rares spawn starting from reset (11 am server)

Quote Originally Posted by napharius View Post
    Thanos is currently up on US realms (I'm on A-52). The trend I've noticed is every 4 hours new sets of rares spawn starting from reset (11 am server)
    I'm on A52 as well. Just got him. Two left!

God damn it I slept through Thanos.

Curse these four-hour timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    God damn it I slept through Thanos.

Curse these four-hour timers.
    Thanos is back. 12 AM PST

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Thanos is back. 12 AM PST
    Cheers. Just scratched him off my list.

Now it's just Shadowcaster Voruun and Soultender Videx.

15+ Year Old Account
    The shittiest part of these timers is that when they cycle, it doesn't matter if you're fighting the mob or not, every single rare that isn't up in the next cycle despawns.

I was mid-combat with Thanos and the cycle changed, and he just poof'd right out of existence, leaving my group of people sad and kill-less.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The shittiest part of these timers is that when they cycle, it doesn't matter if you're fighting the mob or not, every single rare that isn't up in the next cycle despawns.

I was mid-combat with Thanos and the cycle changed, and he just poof'd right out of existence, leaving my group of people sad and kill-less.
    It wouldn't be so bad if some of them weren't so darn... well, rare.

A system like this, with an achievement like Commander of Argus, really should have a more generous helping of chances to get a specific rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Saddest thing i read today...

Madness will consume you!!!