15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    When Jon was undercover wildling he said Mance Castle Black / Eastwatch / Shadowtower were the only manned strongholds of NW. First 2 were proven right - i don't have reasons not to believe. It's in show. In books Shadowtower is smallest active stronghold of NW. Also IIRC Mance deserted when he was serving in Shadowtower.
    I know what was said on the show about it and that denys mallister who was one of the people to vote for lord commander is the commander of the shadowtower but other then that you never realy heard much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    I know what was said on the show about it and that denys mallister who was one of the people to vote for lord commander is the commander of the shadowtower but other then that you never realy heard much about it.
    Qhorin Halfhand was also stationed at the Shadowtower.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Qhorin Halfhand was also stationed at the Shadowtower.
    Forgot about him. Anyway Shadowtower is also "shadowy" in books too. As readers we never been there. Hell - people still arguing at what side of the Wall its located. IIRC Shadowtower also the only NW post that not located on the Wall directly. Its on the mountain.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2017-09-06 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    I doubt it. No point in guarding a wall that is destroyed, there are no more giants n forest keedz to rebuild it, no more magic to keep out the scourge and the rest of the wall will probably all melt away next summer. NW no longer have a purpose when both wildlings n scourge r south, making their oaths void which means Sam is now the Warden of the South.

NW men n wildlings will probably join regular Stark forces. Should scourge fail then Stark territory will double in size.
    The Night's Watch's purpose is not only to guard a wall, but to protect the realms of Men. Now that the great enemy of mankind has breached the Wall, I believe that the Night's Watch has a purpose more than ever.

Also, Sam is not the Warden of the South. The title of Warden is given by the Crown. When Jon Arryn died, Jaime Lannister was made Warden of the East because Sweet Robin was too young to hold the title. Randyll Tarly was named Warden of the South by Cersei. He died with his only heir. Sam is still in the Night's Watch and is now in Winterfell (not a show of loyalty to the butt who is now warming the Iron Throne). Therefore, Cersei will chose another lord as Warden of the South. If she still holds it, of course.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

so is s8 last season cuz if so /feelsbadman maybe they will create spinoffs idk gotta remain optimistic
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    S8 is the last season and it will be one episode shorter (although supposedly each episode will be even longer). We do know they have a spinoff planned but have no idea what it will focus on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYspl1ol...by=pilouasbaek

Euron's actor in old age make up with the following tags
    pilouasbaekGetting ready for season 8 #gameofthrones trying a #newlook #eurongreyjoy #lessismore #moreisless #whatmarriagewilldotoyou

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BYspl1ol...by=pilouasbaek

Euron's actor in old age make up with the following tags

Either he really enjoys trolling or the Euron is magic plot point is going to be brought up heavily next season.

- - - Updated - - -

And he was trolling, Officially worse than Ramsey.
    Only thing im thinking is, wtf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The Night's Watch's purpose is not only to guard a wall, but to protect the realms of Men. Now that the great enemy of mankind has breached the Wall, I believe that the Night's Watch has a purpose more than ever.

Also, Sam is not the Warden of the South. The title of Warden is given by the Crown. When Jon Arryn died, Jaime Lannister was made Warden of the East because Sweet Robin was too young to hold the title. Randyll Tarly was named Warden of the South by Cersei. He died with his only heir. Sam is still in the Night's Watch and is now in Winterfell (not a show of loyalty to the butt who is now warming the Iron Throne). Therefore, Cersei will chose another lord as Warden of the South. If she still holds it, of course.
    No no no.

NW guarding realms of men meant stopping anything getting south but now that EVERYTHING went south n wall is history they serve no logical purpose as an independent force but should swear new vows..serving a Lord Commander makes no sense.

Eddard Stark executed a NW deserter cuz south of the wall NW is not the law. NW can either join Jon, go home or stay at wall for no reason whatsoever.

All remaining NW are going to rush to Winterfell, most will probably join Jon. But probably choose Daenerys cuz she has dwagons, huge army n sheit

Sam is eldest son of the most powerful family in the south unless there is a stronger one in Dorne but Cersei hates them all so she n Daenerys would want Sam on their side. Sam is best candidate since he is fully convinced of scourge n would hold authority over southern forces so probably only he could make forces of the Reach march north n make the other lords in the reach do so too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sam is eldest son of the Former most powerful family in the south
    With Sam taking the vow he has no titles anymore so he cant claim lordship over hornhill.

With Sam taking the vow he has no titles anymore so he cant claim lordship over hornhill.
    They'll probably find a convenient way around that so he can have a happy ending.

Deleted
    The vow is obsolete. The NW is obsolete.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody can claim lordship over any hill, if they can back their claim with enough support.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Just have Jon stab him in the heart with Melisandre at the ready for the rez.

"Now my watch has ended" - Sam.

And then proceeds to plow Gilly right after.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Just have Jon stab him in the heart with Melisandre at the ready for the rez.

"Now my watch has ended" - Sam.

And then proceeds to plow Gilly right after.
    He already plowed gully even with the vow. Don't think he's too worried about that. He even mentions the vow never states u can't plow just that you can't marry or have kids

10+ Year Old Account
    The vow is obsolete. The NW is obsolete.
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
    The vow ends with their deaths, not when the Wall crumbles. The Wall was made to keep the White Walkers on the other side. Now that the Walkers have breached it, it would be absurd for them to disband just because the Wall failed its purpose. The realms of men still need to be defended. The Watch may regroupe to Winterfell, but that does not mean that it should be disbanded. And as long as the show does not tell us it is disbanded, then it still exists and Sam remains a black brother of the Watch and cannot be Warden of the South.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The vow ends with their deaths, not when the Wall crumbles. The Wall was made to keep the White Walkers on the other side. Now that the Walkers have breached it, it would be absurd for them to disband just because the Wall failed its purpose. The realms of men still need to be defended. The Watch may regroupe to Winterfell, but that does not mean that it should be disbanded. And as long as the show does not tell us it is disbanded, then it still exists and Sam remains a black brother of the Watch and cannot be Warden of the South.
    Pretty sure Jon or Dany as king and Queen can release him if they want.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Pretty sure Jon or Dany as king and Queen can release him if they want.
    If it was anyone it would be Dany. Jon is too honorable/the "good guy" to break any vow without some kind of impossible resurrection technicality, even if it was for others "Its not my place Sam...."

Dany could easily do it and D&D can just write in the scene that the camera cuts to Jorah or Tyrion being like "Dany you cant!" And she just keeps looking forward like im dany im a badass I can do what I want moment # 3423

Deleted
    n wall is history
    most of the wall is still standing (yet) only the part around east watch is done.

- - - Updated - - -

The NW is obsolete.
    No the NW is still there and NOT obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    most of the wall is still standing (yet) only the part around east watch is done.

- - - Updated - - -

No the NW is still there and NOT obsolete.
    The wildlings, wights, and white walkers are south of the wall. What's left for them to Do?