Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Micro-transactions were only ever okay for F2P titles when you want to get down to it.

The issue with "buying power" still revolved around F2P titles specifically because no matter how good of a deal a game is, it tends to lose it's fun if people can simply buy their way to the top of the food chain. So a balance had to be struck and that's why cosmetics became the usual suspect for micro-transactions. It did not, however, by any means, give fully-priced products the greenlight to do the same.

There's a glaring disparity of value proposition between the two for what should be obvious reasons.
    Business are in business to make a profit. Who woulda thunk.

Really this is all purely cosmetic which really only pertains to one's enjoyment of the game by means of "Looking cool".

Sure I like to look badass in games, Destiny is no less. But you sure are making it sound like Activision and Bungie are out to murder you.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial476 View Post

Really this is all purely cosmetic which really only pertains to one's enjoyment of the game by means of "Looking cool".

Sure I like to look badass in games, Destiny is no less. But you sure are making it sound like Activision and Bungie are out to murder you.
    I swear Bungie were with Halo 2. That game took over quite a bit of my life . Ended up missing a lot of RL shit and getting ill from playing nearly 24-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You mean most companies want to make a profit? Why would they throw away easy profits on things such as DLC?

Optional micro transactions hurt nothing and claiming it does is silly. You aren't affected by random Bob who bought some Blue Dye for his gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagreeing with your opinion on optional microtransactions is "shilling"?

My point proven. You have no actual argument here left.

Either discuss the topic or I won't bother responding to someone who's only argument to someone who disagrees with their opinion is the "shill" one.
    Nobody is bitching about their DLC beyond maybe the "season pass" being dubious. What people are bitching about is the micro-transactions and even worse, given parts of the game being intentionally sabotaged or modified to feed into them even though they just paid sixty dollars or more for the base game. Hence the emphasis on shaders in particular with this argument.

...Micro-transactions clearly do hurt the game. Again, just within this debate I've pointed out how!

Now, if you're so bothered by being viewed as akin to a corporate shill then stop being so obtuse. It's one thing to say, "Well I just don't care at the end of the day!" It's another to make these fallacious arguments that X doesn't hurt Y when you can see, within the very game we're discussing, how X has done damage to Z feature of the game and by extension would hurt Y's experience.

Nobody is bitching about their DLC beyond maybe the "season pass" being dubious. What people are bitching about is the micro-transactions and even worse, given parts of the game being intentionally sabotaged or modified to feed into them even though they just paid sixty dollars or more for the base game. Hence the emphasis on shaders in particular with this argument.

...Micro-transactions clearly do hurt the game. Again, just within this debate I've pointed out how!

Now, if you're so bothered by being viewed as akin to a corporate shill then stop being so obtuse. It's one thing to say, "Well I just don't care at the end of the day!" It's another to make these fallacious arguments that X doesn't hurt Y when you can see, within the very game we're discussing, how X has done damage to Z feature of the game and by extension would hurt Y's experience.

It's as easy as 2+2=4.
    And again they are optional. You buy them willingly. There is an option to obtain them ingame.

Oh and please you are doing more than that about this one optional microtransaction. You are acting as if making shaders purchasable while allowing them to be farmed is somehow going to end the game.

Obtuse? Debating your opinion and disagreeing with it makes me obtuse? Alright then

wut

No I'm making it out like they're trying to murder my wallet and by extension doing some questionable things to their games in an attempt to accomplish as much.

wut

No I'm making it out like they're trying to murder my wallet and by extension doing some questionable things to their games in an attempt to accomplish as much.
    Good thing you don't have to buy the shaders and can go farm them then isn't it? Or is farming in a game too much for you?

Really? Cosmetics being obtained a different way is "questionable"? Hate to tell you but loads of games have been doing this for years. Why not go shit on them for it?

Guild Wars 2 is fucking worse because they literally take away dyes and bring them back every so often. Oh you want that specific rare dye? Either throw down an assload of gold or wait for the dye kit to roll around again.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-07 at 09:14 PM.

And again they are optional. You buy them willingly. There is an option to obtain them ingame.

Oh and please you are doing more than that about this one optional microtransaction. You are acting as if making shaders purchasable while allowing them to be farmed is somehow going to end the game.

Obtuse? Debating your opinion and disagreeing with it makes me obtuse? Alright then
    Uuuuuugh, there is an option to obtain a CHANCE at them in-game. Again, you're speaking out in these sort of half-truths. You're intentionally ignoring details to better conflate your own side of the argument when there really isn't much of a defense there in the first place.

Uuuuuugh, there is an option to obtain a CHANCE at them in-game. Again, you're speaking out in these sort of half-truths. You're intentionally ignoring details to better conflate your own side of the argument when there really isn't much of a defense there in the first place.
    You mean there is a chance at loot in a loot based game?

Because you aren't intentionally ignoring the fact that you don't have to purchase them right and that it somehow affects your gameplay style?

Blue, Green or Red dye isn't going to help you clear that Strike better or suddenly make you a God in PvP.

wut

They.

Are.

Cosmetics.

Good thing you don't have to buy the shaders and can go farm them then isn't it? Or is farming in a game too much for you?

Really? Cosmetics being obtained a different way is "questionable"? Hate to tell you but loads of games have been doing this for years. Why not go shit on them for it?

Guild Wars 2 is fucking worse because they literally take away dyes and bring them back every so often.
    Guild Wars 2 also provides free content updates at near-regular intervals. Hell, once HoT came out, they made the base game for GW2 free. You're comparing a title that actually has some sense of fiscal sanity concerning its players against one that is rapidly doing "all the things" it can to wrack in more cash. It simply does not compute and shows how bankrupt your sense of reasoning is.

They.

Are.

Cosmetics.
    Poster apparently doesn't understand that little fact. Optional at best as well with the ability to be earned ingame.

They.

Are.

Cosmetics.
    It.

Doesn't.

Matter.

Content is content. You space out your one-line argument isn't going to magically change my mind and suckle on the teet of Activision.

Guild Wars 2 also provides free content updates at near-regular intervals. Hell, once HoT came out, they made the base game for GW2 free. You're comparing a title that actually has some sense of fiscal sanity concerning its players against one that is rapidly doing "all the things" it can to wrack in more cash. It simply does not compute and shows how bankrupt your sense of reasoning is.
    Doesn't matter.

GW2 has a shitty way of handling some of it's purchases in a sense much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

It.

Doesn't.

Matter.

Content is content.
    It

Does

Matter.

Optional cosmetics are optional. You do not have to purchase them. You can get them ingame.

Not hard to understand that.

For someone with the most inane argument on the forums you sure do like to talk down to folks. EVERYTHING in video games is optional.
    Gamble boxes in a full priced game represent a level of corporate greed that people who aren't stupid or paid by publishers take issue with. Stop trying to pretend you have any sort of moral high ground here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    For someone with the most inane argument on the forums you sure do like to talk down to folks. EVERYTHING in video games is optional.
    Gamble boxes in a full priced game represent a level of corporate greed that people who aren't stupid or paid by publishers take issue with. Stop trying to pretend you have any sort of moral high ground here.
    Don't have any moral high ground. Fact of the matter is an optional purchase such as cosmetics is fine. If Destiny 2 started selling Exos then I'd be pretty pissed since those are extremely rare and powerful.

Not my problem the poster in question thinks that adding an optional cosmetic purchase is the end of the world.

Nobody is making you buy those boxes. Especially when the items inside are obtainable by playing the game. Similar to Overwatch.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-07 at 09:21 PM.

Doesn't matter.

GW2 has a shitty way of handling some of it's purchases in a sense much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

It

Does

Matter

Optional cosmetics are optional. You do not have to purchase them.
    Content is content. Period. It is all relevant to the value proposition of your product. Period.

...and no GW2 does not have a shitter way of handling its purchases. Again, you're comparing a game that gives it's updates and server infrastructure essentially for free to their player base. That right there, nullifies your position from the outset.

It.

Doesn't.

Matter.

Content is content. You space out your one-line argument isn't going to magically change my mind and suckle on the teet of Activision.

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-09-07 at 09:47 PM.

Content is content. Period. It is all relevant to the value proposition of your product. Period.

...and no GW2 does not have a shitter way of handling its purchases. Again, you're comparing a game that gives it's updates and server infrastructure essentially for free to their player base. That right there, nullifies your position from the outset.
    Nobody is fucking debating whether it is content. My god give it a rest already. Yes shaders are content. They are optional content that can be obtained by either purchasing or playing the game. 2 methods which are fine.

The fact is that content is still optional and has no power impact on the player. If you suck at PvP or a Strike then changing your gear colour isn't suddenly going to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's something else. I've not even really begun to get into the moral quandary that is the "loot boxes" which are, as you say, nothing short of gambling.

Nobody is making you buy those boxes. Especially when the items inside are obtainable by playing the game. Similar to Overwatch.
    Repeating that vapid tosh does not make it more relevant. No one makes anyone do anything in video games, because they're video games. That does not make publishers somehow immune to criticism for being scummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.