Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Oh come one people. Turn ON logic. They don't allow flying in Argus because its would require create WHOLE planet if they don't want silly invisible walls.

I wouldn't call ground traveling when you could be attacked by mobs/players boring. Boring is safe effortless flying from point A to point B.
    We currently have another thread with people citing how they can run through mobs without getting dazed making the threat none existing. There was multiple options and Blizzard chose the easiest less creative way

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a combination of two things: map topography and timing. Most players unlocked flight in the Broken Isles just a few weeks ago, but once more are confined to the ground in current content--even the blue poster in the big thread on the official forums agreed the timing was bad.

Map topography comes into play because, frankly, Legion zones, like WoD before them, aren't user-friendly to get around. No flight works best in open zones like Vanilla leveling zones, or zones like Valley of the Four Winds, where you can get a sense of the scale around you but the terrain doesn't have blind drops or poorly-programmed platforming to get across a random lava lake.

Furthermore, the argument about it being the Legion's homeworld loses its teeth after the first few quests where you gun down the lion's share of the felbats in the sky and you get around on a flying ship that makes a much more presentable target than a lone adventurer atop a swiftly-flying drake.

While I personally don't mind no-flight on Argus thanks to the multitude of teleports to get around, gating the flight path whistle behind a rep and taking flight out of players' hands unless they're doing old content only weeks after they got to enjoy the skies in current content is a bit tone-deaf on Blizzard's part and I can easily see why people are crying foul.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I was talking about anti air guns who attacked players in air geez...
    Sorry, I get a little defensive, because I've had this discussion so many times with unreasonable people. There are LOTS of things Blizzard could have used on Argus to make flying hazardous. The flak canons from TBC are one option. The Kaliri birds from Skettis too. Airships with guns from Icecrown(Legion Spaceships with lazorz for theme). Enemies with long-range grapple attacks like the Abominations near PVP towers. And a handful of other things too.

My point was that if Blizzard wanted the reason we can't fly to be all the crazy anti-air capability that the Legion supposedly has, then they would have let us keep the ability to fly and actually USED that anti-air to shoot us down so much that it would have been faster and easier to use a ground mount. But they didn't do that, did they?

Oh come one people. Turn ON logic. They don't allow flying in Argus because its would require create WHOLE planet if they don't want silly invisible walls.
    Well... the do have silly invisible walls on Azeroth, so I don't think they care that much about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    We currently have another thread with people citing how they can run through mobs without getting dazed making the threat none existing. There was multiple options and Blizzard chose the easiest less creative way
    Just face fcking fact. There no flying in Argus because it would require development of more, much more of Argus and it's zones. But ofcourse you can keep whining/bitching/ranting about it. No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    even the blue poster in the big thread on the official forums agreed the timing was bad.
    To me this shows a complete and total disregard for the feedback from the community. Are we really mean to believe that Blizzard doesn't have a schedule of content releases? Did they somehow forget that Flying(one of the biggest issues in WoW ever) would have been available for less time than it took to obtain it before releasing more no-flying content?

This isn't some "mistake" of timing. They knew full well what they were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    To me this shows a complete and total disregard for the feedback from the community. Are we really mean to believe that Blizzard doesn't have a schedule of content releases? Did they somehow forget that Flying(one of the biggest issues in WoW ever) would have been available for less time than it took to obtain it before releasing more no-flying content?

This isn't some "mistake" of timing. They knew full well what they were doing.
    I mean, it wouldn't be the first time they've made a pants-on-head decision about flying only to have to mea culpa it when their latest anti-flight gamble blew up in their faces. I'm just saying that even they admitted the timing was fucked, something some folks in this thread can't bring themselves to admit.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Well... the do have silly invisible walls on Azeroth, so I don't think they care that much about it.
    Only in couple of places on continents (Stratholme and Quel'Thalas pass). Others have fatigue thingy in seas. In Argus Fatigue thing wouldn't work - it would still require additional resources and zone development.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sorry, I get a little defensive, because I've had this discussion so many times with unreasonable people. There are LOTS of things Blizzard could have used on Argus to make flying hazardous. The flak canons from TBC are one option. The Kaliri birds from Skettis too. Airships with guns from Icecrown(Legion Spaceships with lazorz for theme). Enemies with long-range grapple attacks like the Abominations near PVP towers. And a handful of other things too.

My point was that if Blizzard wanted the reason we can't fly to be all the crazy anti-air capability that the Legion supposedly has, then they would have let us keep the ability to fly and actually USED that anti-air to shoot us down so much that it would have been faster and easier to use a ground mount. But they didn't do that, did they?
    Gliders and slow fall. With flying mount and being dismissed in mid air you still could use it to fly over big distances = chance you get behind zone into wastes of raw polygons.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2017-09-07 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep taking the fun out of the game. Eventually all that's left is chores. The game just isn't fun to play anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    OP's account was just created and it's called "HyperJay"

+

Provocative pro-Blizzard subject with an icon at the beginning

=

Did our most prolific shitposter create another account or is this just one of his clones?
    Says the guy with 140 posts since 2016, do you only write at flying posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Thank god we're finally discussing this topic.

I'm fine with flight if there's also a purpose for it. In Argus, there isn't a purpose for it other than convenience, which IMO isn't good enough.
    Heck, in Draenor and the Broken Isles there isn't a purpose for flight other than convenience.

It won't be until Blizzard makes an actual point to flying (things to explore, quest content that involves flight, unreachable areas) when a debate like this will have merits. Unfortunately it's really hard for me get past what I see from this most current pro flight argument:

"I'm a fan of rewards, not content."

Deleted
    Just face fcking fact. There no flying in Argus because it would require development of more, much more of Argus and it's zones. But ofcourse you can keep whining/bitching/ranting about it. No offense.
    I'm not ranting

I am stating the fact that Blizzard could've opted for a design involving flying but chose not too. I understand Argus will never have flying that was obvious before 7.3 release BUT they did miss an opportunity at doing something different with flying and it's unfortunate because it would've made Argus more interesting

The casuals want everything handed to them on a silver platter. Despite the fact that Blizzard has catered this entire expansion towards the lowest common denominator (casual players) they still complain. Titanforging, legendaries from any source, catch up mechanics for content that's still relevant, massive nerfs to basically everything in legion so far. Hell Blizzard released catch up mechanics to AK 40 less than 2 weeks after people originally got it after spending 5 days for each level. These are the people that think paying for the game entitles them to everything right away when all paying for the game entitles them too is the ability to play the game. There's no point even trying to have a conversation with these people. They will bitch and complain until blizzard hands them full mythic gear and cutting edge right after hitting 110. (The irony is that they're already handed free mythic gear from great invasions so blizzard is halfway there)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    The casuals want everything handed to them on a silver platter. Despite the fact that Blizzard has catered this entire expansion towards the lowest common denominator (casual players) they still complain. Titanforging, legendaries from any source, catch up mechanics for content that's still relevant, massive nerfs to basically everything in legion so far. Hell Blizzard released catch up mechanics to AK 40 less than 2 weeks after people originally got it after spending 5 days for each level. These are the people that think paying for the game entitles them to everything right away when all paying for the game entitles them too is the ability to play the game. There's no point even trying to have a conversation with these people. They will bitch and complain until blizzard hands them full mythic gear and cutting edge right after hitting 110. (The irony is that they're already handed free mythic gear from great invasions so blizzard is halfway there)
    Yeah Mythics + totally for casuals

Blizzard specifically changed M+ to benefit casual players actually. When they got rid of 3 chesting, depletion mechanic, and put out that blue post about "being nicer to timmy". That was a direct nerf to players who were consistently 3 chesting dungeons as the loot now is around 50% less. Their intention with this was so high IL players wouldn't do lower dungeons (irony here is that they were carrying shitters keys so it was a win win for both parties) which would open up spots for shitty players to get into groups for lower keys. What happened instead is that nobody runs lower keys anymore. So yes M+ is actually being changed and altered to help shitty casual players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Blizzard specifically changed M+ to benefit casual players actually. When they got rid of 3 chesting, depletion mechanic, and put out that blue post about "being nicer to timmy". That was a direct nerf to players who were consistently 3 chesting dungeons as the loot now is around 50% less. Their intention with this was so high IL players wouldn't do lower dungeons (irony here is that they were carrying shitters keys so it was a win win for both parties) which would open up spots for shitty players to get into groups for lower keys. What happened instead is that nobody runs lower keys anymore. So yes M+ is actually being changed and altered to help shitty casual players.
    Perhaps you need a Korean MMORPG

I actually love wow despite having some complaints about Legion I think that the expansion as a whole is great. I'm simply pointing out the irony of casual players crying about no flying when they've already been handed so much.

I don't mind the no-flying... what I do mind is the ludicrous requirement of making the Argus version of ye ol' trusty whistle require REVERED with Argussian Reach... it should be friendly/honoured, the faction is so painfully slow to rep with.

Gliders and slow fall. With flying mount and being dismissed in mid air you still could use it to fly over big distances = chance you get behind zone into wastes of raw polygons.
    And being shot for damage the entire time you were hanging in mid-air?

Like I said, Blizzard could have made being in the air dangerous. They didn't take that path, but instead opted to just take away flight for reasons that don't really add up.