Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because having to run around mountain and spend literally 5 minutes running around mobs just to get to a chest which gives you 15 argunite things and 15mil AP and then see it despawn right in front of you is exciting and engaging design.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I mean, it wouldn't be the first time they've made a pants-on-head decision about flying only to have to mea culpa it when their latest anti-flight gamble blew up in their faces. I'm just saying that even they admitted the timing was fucked, something some folks in this thread can't bring themselves to admit.
    It's because after WoD people have low tolerance. How many times can a person(or in this case, a game company) make the same "mistake" before their apologies and excuses stop having meaning? Blizzard knew players didn't want to lose flying again. Players knew Blizzard was up to shenanigans. Just saying "hey, sorry, it MIGHT have been poor timing" doesn't hold water.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Says the guy with 140 posts since 2016, do you only write at flying posts?
    If you were trying to make zero sense, you were successful!

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    I'm with you but, but this not gonna end well
    And you're the reason Blizzard will continue to make low effort, low quality content. Because appeasing you and your ilk is easy.

Argus is just another example of something that could have been more, but instead became a quagmire of annoyance where phasing goes to die.

Though I'm starting to get the feeling that anti-flyers are, at this point, just mad they are direction challenged.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Mob density is not a problem. We are invading the Legion in their home world, not taking a walk in a zoo watching animals from a safe distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because I spent a long time earning flying and now I can't do it in the current content zone. I get their reasoning, but I don't agree with it.
    Their reasoning just isn't that good to begin with.

Not to mention, it wouldn't be nearly as bad if Blizzard hadn't pretty much said the only reason they don't like flying is how much quicker players are able to travel. If they are going to nit pick something as basic as the travel time of this on-rails experience, I start to get the feeling they care more about -how- I play their game rather than just... playing their game.

It's just jarring to know the developers actively go out of their way to elongate or otherwise artificially inflate the game like this to justify the paltry amount of content they've been releasing, as a means to spread it thin like a sort of jam.

And that's another entire rant by itself. Why are people giving Legion so much praise when it hasn't released anymore content than MoP or Cata? Shit Cata had cut content and a bad final tier and has still been more interesting than Legion. What the fuck is so special about Legion other than the fact that it's not WoD? Like, GG you can make a game better than the least effort you've ever done. Can you atleast -try- to produce something as good as your previous products?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I'm not the most story and immersion invested player either but my I ask why you play the game?
    Kill dragon get purp

I don't really care about not being able to fly in Argus. It's so small it's not even an issue.

However, I absolutely hate the constant loading screens and the general lack of polished, fluid gameplay that the so-called "sharding technology" has brought about, especially when landing on a flight point or when porting to a different zone. Talk about ruining the immersion.

Yeah - people complain about no flying, then when there is flying they go on to complain about how it doesn't feel like an MMO anymore.

Gotta have something to whinge about I suppose.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because I spent a long time earning flying and now I can't do it in the current content zone. I get their reasoning, but I don't agree with it.
    I don't get their reasoning at all. On the one hand they say stuff like "Well, we realized we were only putting in flying because it's just what we had always been doing." Then they turn around and justify restricting flight on Argus with garbage like, "We've always released end-game content in the open world without flying. It's what we've always done."

I don't understand why so many people can't see the bullshit.

Please tell me how you can only discover things by land and not by air

Deleted
    all i want is a removal of the daze mechanic ... why this shit is still in game > (forces me to play tank specs on my chars -.-)
    And other options to be able to interact with stuff mounted like we had on broken isles. Then no flying will not bother me at all.
    I rememebr when there was a msg in loading screen sayin somethng like.. "Stay on the roads, its much less likely to encounter monsters"... wish this was an option on argus.. But its silly... its a demon invaded world :/

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that big a deal to me but I at least understand the frustration now that I've experienced it. As it was said in some of the blue posts on the front page it's more of the timing of the Argus patch that is upsetting people and making them think that flying was taken away from them and I understand that frustration.

Blizzard makes us jump through so many damn hoops to get that flying achievement. First of all it's all time gated which I think is complete horseshit. Second of all the world quests that you have to do for each faction (4-5 each) only reward you 75 rep with one or two of them being 150 or 250 which is still a small amount. Throughout the whole process of getting revered with each faction it feels like they deliberately do this so people stay subscribed for longer. The way they think is if people complete something too fast they won't want to play anymore so they have to act like our parents and tell us when to take a break. It's not just world quests either. At one point when overtaking Suramar city Khadgar will tell you to go back and complete some class hall quests before moving on because "you can't forget you're the leader of your class and you have responsibilities!". Yeah but Khadgar we're in the middle of a civil war here you can't just put a war on hold. Again another time gate because "you don't want burn through the content too fast!".

Anyway people are pissed because they had to go through all that bullshit just to have new content come out shortly after that doesn't support flying mounts which is something they spent weeks and weeks on getting and since most people are going to be spending most of their time on Argus they might as well have taken flying away from them. Now I've never been on Argus yet so I don't know how bad it is but I can at least say that I understand the frustration since I am currently working on the achievement and now know how frustrating it is getting this damn achievement. So I'm on both sides of the fence here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    Why is this a big deal. We earned Pathfinder to fly on Broken Shore, not Argus, which is the Legions Home World. Imagine getting shot down by any of the anti air guns the Legion commands. Also imagine if we all showed up on Argus and (for example) could instantly fly to any area. There'd be no secrets or sense of discovery.
    Oh Hi Jaylock. Nice click-bait-try, to come with logic that on a world where rares can fly on there own mount but we cant just for "reason".....

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    And you're the reason Blizzard will continue to make low effort, low quality content. Because appeasing you and your ilk is easy.

Argus is just another example of something that could have been more, but instead became a quagmire of annoyance where phasing goes to die.

Though I'm starting to get the feeling that anti-flyers are, at this point, just mad they are direction challenged.
    I mean if you don't like argus, you can go and play a flying simulator since you like flying so much.
    Legion isn't perfect but I think we are far from low effort/quality.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken4o View Post
    all i want is a removal of the daze mechanic ... why this shit is still in game > (forces me to play tank specs on my chars -.-)
    :/
    They added Stonehide barding just for that, first expansion they even add something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Oh Hi Jaylock. Nice click-bait-try, to come with logic that on a world where rares can fly on there own mount but we cant just for "reason".....
    Dunno who that is.

Wow this got a lot more attention and aggression than I thought... Seriously guys if you are too lazy to spend 1 minute to walk from one of many teleporters to where ever you need to go, I would recommend not playing. Flying would cut the time from Teleporting to City Center in Mac'Acree and running over to Umbraliss (for example) from little over a minute to 20 seconds. It's convenient sure for old world were its massive, travelling from Eastern Plague to Dun Morogh you can fly or Flight Path, or if you are a psycho you can ground mount it. But Argus currently is so tiny even taking into fact the obstacles between locations that you don't really need flying unless you are too lazy to pay attention to the game for 2 whole minutes while you run to your location. If i go to Darkheart Thicket right now I take the Starsong flight path and then aim roughly at the dungeon and fly straight forward. And again, Argus is a more hostile place than most. Unlike most of the other zones, we are pushing the attack on a hostile heavily defended, fel cultured world led by Sargeras who is commanding Aggramar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    Why is this a big deal. We earned Pathfinder to fly on Broken Shore, not Argus, which is the Legions Home World. Imagine getting shot down by any of the anti air guns the Legion commands. Also imagine if we all showed up on Argus and (for example) could instantly fly to any area. There'd be no secrets or sense of discovery.
    Silly argument there.

Flying is a core feature of WoW and one of the main reasons many players had to play WoW over other MMOs.
    Removing it removes the reason to play the game.

Also, there are no "secrets or sense of discovery" on Argus. It's one long corrodor after another and you go exactly where Blizzard intends you to go.
    The sense of freedom or choice is all gone.

flying has no place in wow the only people who want that shit dont understand the mmo genre and have led to its downfall

Deleted
    Is Jaylock banned again?
    The name is a bit of a give-away...

I don't really miss it; it happened to me yesterday that i actually died in open-world content... been a while now.