Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In the same sense that baseball card or TCG card packs are "gambling". In other words, the kind of "gambling" we're perfectly happy letting 7 year olds spend their allowance on pretty much everywhere.

So stop making this out to be predatory; it's bonkers.

The problem here is you've manufactured a sense of entitlement that is in no way warranted.

The purchase price of the game (and many others) does not entitle you to all the content of said game, automatically. It entitles you to what you purchased, which is laid out, including the lootbox mechanics you're complaining about. You don't have any "right" to the content you're talking about, you don't have any "right" to not have additional purchases available. All that is manufactured in your head and is not an accurate or fair representation of the industry. It applies to literally no other industry. Buying a new car doesn't entitle you to next year's model when it comes out. Buying the bare-bones model doesn't entitle you to upgrades like leather seats for the same price. Buying a hamburger doesn't entitle you to get the fries that come with a combo meal, unless you buy the combo meal, or buy the fries separately after.

This argument doesn't work anywhere else, and it doesn't work in gaming, either.

There's an argument that pay-to-win models are "bad", because of the ongoing purchase requirement for success, but that's not what we're talking about here, we're talking about cosmetics.
    Lmao, here we go with that nonsense.

I'm entitled to speak my mind and spend as I please, as I am doing.

It is all predatory and your tendency to excuse the inexcusable hasn't gone unnoticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Lmao, here we go with that nonsense.

I'm entitled to speak my mind and spend as I please, as I am doing.

It is all predatory and your tendency to excuse the inexcusable hasn't gone unnoticed.
    Why do you think you're owed the content in the microtransactions?

That's the "sense of entitlement".

As for "excusing the inexcusable", just fucking lol. Standard business practices aren't "inexcusable", and they aren't remotely "predatory".

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why do you think you're owed the content in the microtransactions?

That's the "sense of entitlement".

As for "excusing the inexcusable", just fucking lol. Standard business practices aren't "inexcusable", and they aren't remotely "predatory".
    I am owed it for the sixty dollar fee. If the developer feels otherwise, I don't give them money, they lose my business.

There is no entitlement to it, it's just business. I'm exercising my right as a consumer. If enough people do it, they'll even likely change their practices.

As for your "standard business practices" bullshit, it's only as such because of people like you again excusing the inexcusable. As you always seem to somehow manage. Still though, doesn't mean I need to accept it.

I am owed it for the sixty dollar fee.
    According to who? You?

If the developer feels otherwise, I don't give them money, they lose my business.
    Cool, seems like this is a problem that solves itself then. Not sure what the continuing discussion is for given that this is your stance and I don't think you'll find anyone arguing that your stance on this is "wrong" in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    According to who? You?

Cool, seems like this is a problem that solves itself then. Not sure what the continuing discussion is for given that this is your stance and I don't think you'll find anyone arguing that your stance on this is "wrong" in this regard.
    I would certainly fucking hope not but I wouldn't be surprised to find otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Honestly dude, for several pages you are literally fighting alone here for god knows what cause.

Maybe people would sympathize if you were a bit less rabid in your various attacks on people's intelligence and incessant whining over trifle. You ARE making a mountain out of fly and you come out as such, making it hard to sympathize with whatever you say and completely overshadowing whatever point you once tries to transmit.

You just gotta deal with the fact that you found no sympathy here and move on.

For the record, I never purchased any Bungie product ever, so I am not some shill or having some ulterior motive, it's just that - you are fighting windmills, because in 2017 when DLCs and P2W Microtransactions are a norm, so having something like completely optional cosmetics microtransactions, which are even obtainable ingame to boot is nothing to even discuss, because it's about the best, least intrusive and least offensive microtransaction system you can have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Honestly dude, for several pages you are literally fighting alone here for god knows what cause.

Maybe people would sympathize if you were a bit less rabid in your various attacks on people's intelligence and incessant whining over trifle. You ARE making a mountain out of fly and you come out as such, making it hard to sympathize with whatever you say and completely overshadowing whatever point you once tries to transmit.

You just gotta deal with the fact that you found no sympathy here and move on.

For the record, I never purchased any Bungie product ever, so I am not some shill or having some ulterior motive, it's just that - you are fighting windmills, because in 2017 when DLCs and P2W Microtransactions are a norm, so having something like completely optional cosmetics microtransactions, which are even obtainable ingame to boot is nothing to even discuss, because it's about the best, least intrusive and least offensive microtransaction system you can have.
    I actually tend to wear it as a badge of honor to be apart from the masses, not as some need for self-reflection. If I was alternatively consistently siding with the mob, then yes, I would feel a need to look inwards.

Again, what you see as "trifle" I see as a huge, blatant middle-finger being lifted towards my intelligence and ability to derive value from product. The mountain isn't a molehill, it is what it is. An industry rife with misuse and consumer abuse. To argue otherwise is to turn a blind eye to the greed of these companies and their ceaseless gnashing for greater profits, all at the expense of you and me. You're essentially telling me my own sense of code and ethics is somehow unnecessary when it is quite to the contrary. In a free market, that is all that ultimately separates the fools from the savvy.

As for sympathy? I've never gotten sympathy from this forum and I sure as fuck don't want it now. You seem to be under the misconception I have a high opinion for those here. Quite the opposite. Just ask Endus, he painted a very clear picture for me in times passed how things work around these parts.

The practices you mention are a norm, thanks to people like you. You could've halted them. Kept your value and stock high. Instead, you accept them with open arms and even excuse them while pitchforking and torching those that argue against you. That is on you. These "business practices" are of your own making, ultimately. Not mine. End of discussion.

Enjoy Destiny 2, I however, will be passing on it and for good reasons.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-09-07 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Yes, that would also be scummy. The issue isn't selling cosmetics - the scummy part is making the only path to getting said cosmetics gambling and potentially buying a bunch of crap you don't want to get what you do. It's essentially taking advantage of people with certain personality flaws.

To your earlier point I think Blizzard is just as scummy with the OW boxes, and as a result I haven't spent a dime on the game beyond the box price. If they let me just buy the skins I want for a reasonable price I would do so, as proven by my ashamedly swollen League of Legends account :P Riot has proven that the business model works.
    Which isn't the case in Destiny 2 since that is not the only way to get the items. They can be earned ingame.

Also you can earn loot boxes in Overwatch by simply playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually tend to wear it as a badge of honor to be apart from the masses, not as some need for self-reflection. If I was alternatively consistently siding with the mob, then yes, I would feel a need to look inwards.

Again, what you see as "trifle" I see as a huge, blatant middle-finger being lifted towards my intelligence and ability to derive value from product. The mountain isn't a molehill, it is what it is. An industry rife with misuse and consumer abuse. To argue otherwise is to turn a blind eye to the greed of these companies and their ceaseless gnashing for greater profits, all at the expense of you and me. You're essentially telling me my own sense of code and ethics is somehow unnecessary when it is quite to the contrary. In a free market, that is all that ultimately separates the fools from the savvy.

As for sympathy? I've never gotten sympathy from this forum and I sure as fuck don't want it now. You seem to be under the misconception I have a high opinion for those here. Quite the opposite. Just ask Endus, he painted a very clear picture for me in times pass how things work around these parts.

The practices you mention are a norm, thanks to people like you. You could've halted them. Kept your value and stock high. Instead, you accept them with open arms and even excuse them while pitchforking and torching those that argue against you. That is on you. These "business practices" are of your own making, ultimately. Not mine. End of discussion.

Basically, you are a huge drama queen, that's your badge all right.

I know you must feel special and above the filthy masses and mobs, but reality is you are in over your head and pass out as such through your posts, maybe that's why people do not connect with what you are saying.

If you want to be heard, start by not treating others like retards and yourself like some divine being of infinite wisdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    "They're earn able in game so me getting bent by these companies is fair"

lol I can't anymore. Oh sure they're earnable in game all right. The devs made sure to make the grind as retarded as possible to get cosmetics without paying cash. But y'know it'd probably just be easier to just dump 100 dollars instead of wasting your life grinding.

Devs these days literally design pointless grinds for the sole purpose of attaching their tacky cosmetics to them for the poor saps that want to play the game without paying any more money. The gameplay itself suffers as a result because these devs are so focused on making the cosmetics look good and the cash shop running instead of launching a game that doesn't need a million patches later.

I mean look at shitbreakers. Game has the cash shop working with all cosmetics but the game doesn't even launch with a ranked mode. Don't worry though, more dlc coming soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post

http://www.game.co.uk/en/glacier-whi...t-game-2022435

PS4 Pro (Special Glacier Edition) + Destiny 2 + Expansion Pass. £350.
    Not too shabby imo.
    Nice there ya go then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    "They're earn able in game so me getting bent by these companies is fair"

lol I can't anymore. Oh sure they're earnable in game all right. The devs made sure to make the grind as retarded as possible to get cosmetics without paying cash. But y'know it'd probably just be easier to just dump 100 dollars instead of wasting your life grinding.

Devs these days literally design pointless grinds for the sole purpose of attaching their tacky cosmetics to them for the poor saps that want to play the game without paying any more money. The gameplay itself suffers as a result because these devs are so focused on making the cosmetics look good and the cash shop running instead of launching a game that doesn't need a million patches later.

I mean look at shitbreakers. Game has the cash shop working with all cosmetics but the game doesn't even launch with a ranked mode. Don't worry though, more dlc coming soon lol.

Not really. Im already swimming in shaders without spending a dime. Hell I;ve already gotten 4 more bright engrams today just from doing public events and strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...the shaders are literally just color swaps for gear? And you can still earn them in-game?

I must be missing what the outrage on this is...
    There is no outrage.

Before when u clicked a shader it colored your whole gear. Now you can do it per item and buy shaders with $$$. You can also get them in game quite easy (I am swimming in them).

Its another (OMG MTS ARE IN MY GAME QQ). I can see people being pissed about the gear mods, But they are such weak mods it really doesn't matter.

The moment the game starts to sell Legendary and Exotic mods people can be pissed about that and IMO will be worth being pissed about. But the current mods you can buy for $$$ are blues and once again you will likely be swimming in them like I am.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I really need to stop thinking I can 1v20 mobs out in the open. I mean I'm good but not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They have no say in how Blizzard design their games just like Blizzard cannot tell Activision how to design Call of Duty.
    While I agree with you this is not true anymore. Activision has full 100% control over blizzard and has had it since I do believe 2015 when they bought themselves out from Vivendi.

If Activision say's jump blizzard has to ask how high.

I think my own big issue with shaders is not the monetary option since ive got dozens from bright and legendary engrams already, but the consumable nature. I would much rather have them still be unlocks. They already have bright egrams as a mechanic to force the player to have to go look at the eververse vender. Making you need at least 5 for a full gear set of shaders per gearset that are one and done is a bit overboard.

But this is now a game with Luke "You will be throwing money at the screen when you see our microtransactions" Smith in charge.

Micro-transactions were only ever okay for F2P titles when you want to get down to it.
    Say's who?

Last checked you don't speak for everyone, so you need to add a (In My Opinion) at the end of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Guild Wars 2 also provides free content updates at near-regular intervals .
    Guild Wars 2 also sells a fuck ton of MT's and even the main story quests are timed to then be sold later...

You killed your whole argument with this post.

As for sympathy? I've never gotten sympathy from this forum and I sure as fuck don't want it now. You seem to be under the misconception I have a high opinion for those here. Quite the opposite. Just ask Endus, he painted a very clear picture for me in times passed how things work around these parts.

I've been playing the game and have seen first hand how the system works in D2.

It's nothing like what you're bitching about. It's literally the least intrusive way of handling microtransactions. They are all completely 100% optional. And you can earn them without paying any money. You earn a chance at them every time you "level up" once you obtain max level.

Get over yourself already. You don't seem to actually know anything about the situation. You're just bitching for the sake of bitching at this point.

I am owed it for the sixty dollar fee.
    Your Sixty Dollar Fee pays for what you can access and that is detail before released.

I am the first to bitch about MT's (look at my BOTW posts and Destiny 1 posts). But no you are not entitled to ANY content made outside the details of what you get with the game.

If tomorrow Bungie made a new raid and it cost $10 you are not entitled to it because you spent $60 before.

Hey enjoy games being $60 (You know the cheapest games have ever been) Then accept MT's are here to stay. Otherwise you would be paying $100+ for a game.

All the bullshit you are bitching about in MT's i am swimming in right now in game and I have only spent a bit over 10hrs playing.. Not spent one dime outside of box price.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I've been playing the game and have seen first hand how the system works in D2.

It's nothing like what you're bitching about. It's literally the least intrusive way of handling microtransactions. They are all completely 100% optional. And you can earn them without paying any money. You earn a chance at them every time you "level up" once you obtain max level.

Get over yourself already. You don't seem to actually know anything about the situation. You're just bitching for the sake of bitching at this point.
    I am opposed to micro-transactions, period, when forced into a game I had to pay 60 dollars for and even worse, demands upfront, I spend more for their upcoming DLC. In other words, the extra bits and bobs, are being done with no advantages to the consumer. There is no free content. There is no value to be derived from these nickle-and-dime schemes. Sorry, I'm not okay with this and I'm even MORE irked when they change any feature of the game to further suit these schemes.

Besides, if it's such a bad system, then why implement it in the first place? At least then they'd look better.

Get over myself? I'm a paying customer or rather, would've been. I have every right to be disgusted by X practices for Y reasons. Maybe it's you who should get over himself by thinking your shortsighted opinion on these matter somehow magically overshadows mine.