Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That IS an issue. You thought you should shoot at it - and you did to no effect. That's an issue.
    I'm not saying it's impossible to figure it out. I'm saying it's confusing. And that's the issue.
    Oh no. A video game made you think for yourself! How terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Say's who?

Last checked you don't speak for everyone, so you need to add a (In My Opinion) at the end of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Guild Wars 2 also sells a fuck ton of MT's and even the main story quests are timed to then be sold later...

You killed your whole argument with this post.
    Said the general gaming population not that long ago. This new age of acceptance is just that, a rather new development by a given faction of the community.

As for Guild Wars 2 and their monetization. I can get on GW2 for free currently. I can enjoy their DLC for free up until the HoT content. Even if I missed episodes, I still can explore and benefit from the new zones added. I can also farm up gold and directly purchase market items that I fancy. That's the other thing too, when I am ready to spend money, I can get exactly what it is that I want. I'm not gambling with my money.

There is a vast ocean of difference between the approaches games like GW2 take on and Destiny and reasons why one having micro-transactions is much more of a thumb to the eye versus the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    "They're earn able in game so me getting bent by these companies is fair"

lol I can't anymore. Oh sure they're earnable in game all right. The devs made sure to make the grind as retarded as possible to get cosmetics without paying cash. But y'know it'd probably just be easier to just dump 100 dollars instead of wasting your life grinding.
    Its its almost like its a MMO (IMO on its a MMO) game and dev's want stuff in it for people to keep playing....

Sorry you are not handled everything as you log in. Fuck even people have to do LFR in WoW to see raid content.

(And I'm pro LFR).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Your Sixty Dollar Fee pays for what you can access and that is detail before released.

I am the first to bitch about MT's (look at my BOTW posts and Destiny 1 posts). But no you are not entitled to ANY content made outside the details of what you get with the game.

If tomorrow Bungie made a new raid and it cost $10 you are not entitled to it because you spent $60 before.

Hey enjoy games being $60 (You know the cheapest games have ever been) Then accept MT's are here to stay. Otherwise you would be paying $100+ for a game.

All the bullshit you are bitching about in MT's i am swimming in right now in game and I have only spent a bit over 10hrs playing.. Not spent one dime outside of box price.
    DLC being released AFTER THE FACT is different from in-game content being monetized when you already paid sixty dollars upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    There is a vast ocean of difference between the approaches games like GW2 take on and Destiny and reasons why one having micro-transactions is much more of a thumb to the eye versus the other.
    Oh this is true there is a vast difference.

In GW2 you can...
    1) Buy a item that lets you fix your gear forever without breaking said item
    2) Buy more inv space (the mount u get at the start is super small)
    3) Buy story content that only releases for free for 2 weeks then is sold later.
    4) Buy cosmetic stuff.
    5) Buy XP/Resource boosts
    6) Buy expansion's to play the current content. (The f2p part was only been a recent change and its old content)
    7) Grind your face off for gold to exchange for store currency
    and the list just keeps going and going and going.

I love GW2 and think its a solid title. But you don't get to defend GW2 and bash Destiny 2 doing so makes you a massive hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

DLC being released AFTER THE FACT is different from in-game content being monetized when you already paid sixty dollars upfront.
    Repeat after me....

ITS IN THE GAME, ITS COSMETIC.

I have played a bit over 10 hours and I am swimming in the shit. Tell me again how someone who buys it from the store effects me. It is 100% clear you haven't even played Destiny 2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

To be honest if there's any blue colours that can be purchased I might go for it. Specifically Cerulean.

Will have to check it out when my Xbox One finished mass updating a bunch of games for me.

For only the first few levels the game is actually enjoyable. Feels like they worked more on the world this time around.

Oh this is true there is a vast difference.

In GW2 you can...
    1) Buy a item that lets you fix your gear forever without breaking said item
    2) Buy more inv space (the mount u get at the start is super small)
    3) Buy story content that only releases for free for 2 weeks then is sold later.
    4) Buy cosmetic stuff.
    5) Buy XP/Resource boosts
    6) Buy expansion's to play the current content. (The f2p part was only been a recent change and its old content)
    7) Grind your face off for gold to exchange for store currency
    and the list just keeps going and going and going.

I love GW2 and think its a solid title. But you don't get to defend GW2 and bash Destiny 2 doing so makes you a massive hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Repeat after me....

ITS IN THE GAME, ITS COSMETIC.

I have played a bit over 10 hours and I am swimming in the shit. Tell me again how someone who buys it from the store effects me. It is 100% clear you haven't even played Destiny 2.
    You simply don't get it and you never will. I could spend all night breaking this down, it'd go nowhere. I've got things to do and places to be as of this moment, so I'm done with this subject for the time being. If you like developers playing these shitty little games with their content, go for it. Buy it up. Lap at it like a dog tonguing his own puke. Cool. Good for you.

I won't. I will speak against it, argue against, and better yet, abstain from buying into it. Deal with it.

You simply don't get it and you never will. I could spend all night breaking this down, it'd go nowhere. I've got shit to do and places to be as of this moment, so I'm done with this subject for the time being. If you like developers playing these shitty little games with their content, go for it. Buy it up. Lap at it like a dog tonguing his own shit. Cool. Good for you.

I won't. I will speak against it, argue against, and better yet, abstain from buying into it. Deal with it.
    So basically you are just evading the argument now. Ok let me put it to you like this.

While you can play GW2 for free it is extremely restricted. You want to see all of the content then pay up for HoT and PoF which by the way would cost around £42.99 from their store. Not as expensive but still a fair chunk of money.

They both fucking have microtransactions. They are no different. They are both a B2P model to play the game to it's full extent.

It's hypocrisy to claim that GW2 doing microtransactions is ok and yet shit on another game for doing it.

I don't think anyone cares if you are buying it or not either. Just that your opinion while entitled to it is both skewered and hypocritical.

And here we go again. What a shocker. Anyone not agreeing with your opinion is the "shill" or in this case "dog".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-08 at 12:30 AM.

You simply don't get it and you never will.
    So you evade what I said by saying I don't understand. Ya I do understand and if there is ANYONE on this forum that bitch's about DLC's and MT's its me, Feel free to ask people like @Eleccybubb how much I have bitched about them.

The MT's on the store are nothing worth bitching about. Want to bitch about some MT's go look at Shadow of War, That is MT's/DLC's worth bitching about.

If you don't to buy the MT's/DLC that's fine. But before you judge a game how about you play the dam thing first.

Edit: I have only played a bit over 10hours so please tell me how the store effected me in a negative way.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-08 at 12:33 AM.

So you evade what I said by saying I don't understand. Ya I do understand and if there is ANYONE on this forum that bitch's about DLC's and MT's its me, Feel free to ask people like @Eleccybubb how much I have bitched about them.

The MT's on the store are nothing worth bitching about. Want to bitch about some MT's go look at Shadow of War, That is MT's/DLC's worth bitching about.

If you don't to buy the MT's/DLC that's fine. But before you judge a game how about you play the dam thing first.

Edit: I have only played a bit over 10hours so please tell me how the store effected me in a negative way.

Dude. Upload those in bigger than 320x180

Blurred as hell.

And yes I've seen you get a bit heated over the topic of MT's and whatnot. Sometimes a bit too heated but meh I get heated all the time when it comes to shit like Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Dude. Upload those in bigger than 320x180

Blurred as hell.
    Ya I resized them, didn't expect them to be that small.

So from what I gather 36 shaders in 10 hours. That is actually fine.

So again tell me how the fuck paying is better if I can get a decent amount through casually playing?

Because with 36 in that amount of time I'm gonna assume Jtbrig was not hardcore farming them?

So from what I gather 36 shaders in 10 hours. That is actually fine.

So again tell me how the fuck paying is better if I can get a decent amount through casually playing?

Because with 36 in that amount of time I'm gonna assume Jtbrig was not hardcore farming them?
    37 I used one

Nope not hardcore farming at all. I just did the story missions and public events each time I saw a event up and also one strike.

Figures the first strike I get is the one from the beta.

Also at level 20 there is a buff that gives you 3X xp for ur first 3 (paragon style levels) and each level after 20 rewards one of those blight things. Those can get you shader's and what not.

The MT store vendor has items on the store that can be bought with blight dust (or whatever its called) and its the same shit you can buy with $$$. I also think it refresh's what is there ever few days or week.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-08 at 12:43 AM.

Bunch of WoW friends and the wife just got this for PS4.................

My wallet right now....

Although I kind of deserve it. Made her buy ESO for XB1 then ended up playing it on PC.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-08 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am owed it for the sixty dollar fee. If the developer feels otherwise, I don't give them money, they lose my business.

There is no entitlement to it, it's just business.
    That's explicitly what it is. You said you are entitled to ("owed") something based on an arbitrary factor that does not actually justify that position (you paid $60).

The price tag is for the base game. Which you got. You don't get to whine (because that's all you're really doing) that extras and bonuses and upgrades should also be included for the bare-minimum price just because you feel you're entitled to them.

Which thus far is all your argument boils down to.

I'm exercising my right as a consumer. If enough people do it, they'll even likely change their practices.
    You're free to not buy it. You're not free to condemn it as "unfair" or "predatory" pricing/monetization, not without people pointing out how blazingly huge your unwarranted sense of entitlement is.

Especially not when you have absolutely no justification for claiming that the $60 fee should be "everything the game contains, period". None. You literally made that up in your own head; it is not a fact. All you're saying is that you won't be buying Destiny 2 because it costs too much. Well, bye.

As for your "standard business practices" bullshit, it's only as such because of people like you again excusing the inexcusable. As you always seem to somehow manage. Still though, doesn't mean I need to accept it.
    See, but it's not "inexcusable". You're confusing your subjective personal opinion with some kind of objective fact. You might think zucchini is terrible and awful, but that doesn't make people who like it "wrong", or the actions of zucchini farmers "inexcusable". It just means you should exercise more awareness of your own personal predilections, rather than presuming that everyone (hell, anyone) else actually agrees with you on it.

So i finished every quest available as the 'base' stuff up to lvl.20. Took maybe around 25 hours and i have barely touched strikes, havent touched pvp or nightfalls and things like patrols and so on not at all.

Next week we get the raid and a xur and each week for a month more updates but right now i have the rat king and mida multi tool quests to do along with the power weapon waiting for the raid to unlock.

In some ways its still not the big redeeming turn around and suffers from a lot of the same problems to a lesser degree but its a lot more Rise of Iron than Vanilla Destiny over again so i can recommend it if you liked the first, if not dont touch it.

Decided to try crucible and I love that Snipers are power weapons now. Such a relief not having to worry about some random sniper all the time and even when they do get ammo the game at least give you a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Decided to try crucible and I love that Snipers are power weapons now. Such a relief not having to worry about some random sniper all the time and even when they do get ammo the game at least give you a heads up.
    Yep happy Shotguns are as well.

So when do I unlock Gunslinger for Hunter? I like this lightning spear thing thing but I want my Golden Gun.

So when do I unlock Gunslinger for Hunter? I like this lightning spear thing thing but I want my Golden Gun.
    While doing public events and what not you find a shard that you level that unlocks it.

What shard you get for your other two spec's is random. By the time I finished the campaign I had all 3 spec's for my Warlock.