Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For anyone interested, here's a comparison of a level 1 summon incarnate vs a 10/10 incarnate. Not any indication if the skill tree and summons gets any better to be on par with other skill trees but it sure looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's not exactly how it works(/ed?) You can damage enemy HP and subsequently kill it if you deplete the correct armor correlating to attack type.

Basically, even if target has bazillion magic armor, but no physical armor left, then a warrior can bash his face in with normal attack and kill it with all that magical armor intact.

So running pure physical damage team could quickly get rid of physical armor and get to downing HP, while mixed team had to go through both armors to get full damage out.

That's how it worked last time I played it couple of months ago, is that still a case?
    I can understand how it would be smarter to go all physical or all magical because it will knock down the armour quicker and then you can start doing HP damage but consider this

You go all physical dmg screw magic! You bust through peoples armor nice and quick and start to take them out. You then start to run into enemies with MASSIVE physical protection and zero to low magical protection. You now need to take out tons of armor before killing them because you didnt mix your party. Same scenario can be done for the other protection.

If they mix enemies around like that it would be smarter to bring a mix yourself or you will take much longer to kill some of them potentially taking loads of damage from them before taking them out where if you just had some of the other type of damage you could take them out much quicker.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Bae View Post
    For anyone interested, here's a comparison of a level 1 summon incarnate vs a 10/10 incarnate. Not any indication if the skill tree and summons gets any better to be on par with other skill trees but it sure looks cool.

god i am so looking forward to this, they ruined being a summoner in one by adding a summon limit in the beta made it so summons weren't any where near as good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Bae View Post

Has anyone tried it yet? I've read about it and I really like the idea of one summon and then buffing it with totems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    god i am so looking forward to this, they ruined being a summoner in one by adding a summon limit in the beta made it so summons weren't any where near as good.
    There's a summon limit in this game too. They said that you can make your minion tougher to compensate in a stream. As you can see in that picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will the story in this game make any sense if I haven't played any of the previous games in the series?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Will the story in this game make any sense if I haven't played any of the previous games in the series?
    Yes, games are centuries apart so anything that happened in D:OS is sort of legend status now and barely even mentioned if at all.

Of course the world is same world still and concepts of Source and such are (somewhat) similar, but you can get into D:OS2 just fine.

You can read this thing to get yourself going, but it is not necessary and you will understand that when you see it, the thing spans a millennia and D:OS is actually at the beginning while D:OS 2 is thousand years later with no relation to D:OS.

http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

10+ Year Old Account
    To be perfectly honest...there wasn't much of a story in D:OS 1. I felt it was more about the gameplay and the world environment than the story. You can check out the Wikipedia and not miss much. Its very much a Pandora's Box type of situation, or Garden of Eden. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed D:OS 1 and am replaying it right now. But its not a game I would recommend for incredible storytelling.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There's a summon limit in this game too. They said that you can make your minion tougher to compensate in a stream. As you can see in that picture.
    Well ya there's a summon limit but it seems like you can do a lot more with your summon where in one you just had the base summon and couldn't change it at all other then just casting a buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    To be perfectly honest...there wasn't much of a story in D:OS 1. I felt it was more about the gameplay and the world environment than the story. You can check out the Wikipedia and not miss much. Its very much a Pandora's Box type of situation, or Garden of Eden. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed D:OS 1 and am replaying it right now. But its not a game I would recommend for incredible storytelling.
    Well there's quite a bit of story it's just not very good or memorable, and this is coming from some one who has played though it about 15 times and gotten about half way about another 20 then started over to try a new build.

Deleted
    The skills that are listed under each.... class? Are they all we get or just all that's been found so far. The spells seem very limited to me. Was expecting a wider range within each spelltype.

Do anyone know if undead will have their own passive or if they absorb the passive from their living race?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The skills that are listed under each.... class? Are they all we get or just all that's been found so far. The spells seem very limited to me. Was expecting a wider range within each spelltype.

Do anyone know if undead will have their own passive or if they absorb the passive from their living race?
    There's around 200 skills. Then you have skill book crafting, we don't know how many possibilities there are with that.

The undead keep their racials, while also inheriting another race racial skills while acting as them. The shapeshift mask takes up a head slot though and has no stats. Ideally it serves better outside of combat, allowing you to use an elf's corpse eater ability to gain info or gain skill knowledge ect.

Deleted
    Divinity 1 enhanced edition was fucking awesome! In my book it easily trumped PoE and T:ToN. I had 3 walkthroughs in a row with different kind of class combs and the 4 premade mode. While it has some funky (or let's be honest: annoying) locations it was widely awesome and the combat system one of the best western RPGs ever had. I bought Divinity 2 during alpha and played a bit - thought it lacked somehow compared to 1. Lots of the new features seemed unnecessary or making it worse. But well, it was alpha then and before they switched starting points to the ship.

My sweet Leandra <3

Probably my most anticipiated game of the year. I absolutely adored the first one albeit it had it's faults, namely the walls of text that missed the whole notion of 'brevity is soul of wit' (especially prior to EE) and the poor pacing of the latter acts (As well as becoming so OP that the combat system fell apart just by how easy it became despite having brilliant rooting)

I pray the second one fixes them, I've had the EA ever since it came available for Kickstarter backers but barely touched as I do not wish to spoil myself. Everything in it screams improvement, not least of all the editor that had much fanfare with the first game yet was abandoned quickly, or the GM mode.

Gawd I just cannot wait. ;_;
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Probably my most anticipiated game of the year. I absolutely adored the first one albeit it had it's faults, namely the walls of text that missed the whole notion of 'brevity is soul of wit' (especially prior to EE) and the poor pacing of the latter acts (As well as becoming so OP that the combat system fell apart just by how easy it became despite having brilliant rooting)

I pray the second one fixes them, I've had the EA ever since it came available for Kickstarter backers but barely touched as I do not wish to spoil myself. Everything in it screams improvement, not least of all the editor that had much fanfare with the first game yet was abandoned quickly, or the GM mode.

Gawd I just cannot wait. ;_;
    I'm buying it along with three friends and I gotta say I can't wait to try out the DM mode

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm buying it along with three friends and I gotta say I can't wait to try out the DM mode
    Yeah, it's got me all giddy. Perhaps this will be the first proper party RPG since NWN by Bioware (and the coop experience of D:OS). I just pray it'll work as well as their description and the videos show. They made such big promises for the editor with D:OS 1 yet that was a mess.

Fingers crossed
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Every origin story has its own video. Larian said in a stream that they're still polishing them. Here's two from their channel the third is in the undead stream somewhere.

For those not aware these origin stories are entirely optional. You can make a custom character and the Origin stories will become companions within the game instead.

- - - Updated - - -

A new one just hit their channel. This time for the Dwarven Origin Story: The Beast.

Will I be able to understand what's going on if I haven't played the first game?

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Will I be able to understand what's going on if I haven't played the first game?
    Yes, story wise the games are like hundreds of years apart I believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Yeah, it's completely unrelated to Divinity Original Sin I.

The storyline is closer to the original Divinity games (I think it serves as a prequel to the first. Or it bridged the gap between 1 and 2)

Hmm Beast seems the most calm personality out of the characters. The others seem bat-shit crazy or a bit of a cunt in the case of Red Prince / Fane. I love it! :P