[Guardian] it's worth the new 935 alchemy trinket?

I mean Astral Alchemist Stone

what do you think? I have 2 survival legendary, and i was thinking about buying it

A heads up before buying/making it, assuming the 40% Health Potions is at all a factor, Healthstones will heal you for more rendering that last effect useless. It's more or less a healer-only effect right now. Unless, your HP is so low that 25% from Healthstones are actually weaker, you should be using stones (as a Bear, you should easily be higher than 6M HP, which is around the cutoff for using an Astral [new] Healing Potion with an Alchemist Stone).

That said, while Vers is good for bears, that's pretty much all it is since it's an AGI proc. I'd say it's not that great for Bears.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-09-04 at 06:27 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Decent for dps, rather bad for defense. Slight weaker than a agi/vers stat stick, but the (currently) rather high ilvl makes up for it. I haven't tested whether it actually affects health stones as well (from 25 -> 35% max hp).

Speaking of which, what's the point of the new astral healing potions? Even for a dps they're worse than the wl health stone once you reach 5 mil hp or so.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Speaking of which, what's the point of the new astral healing potions? Even for a dps they're worse than the wl health stone once you reach 5 mil hp or so.
    Good question.
    - Clearly not for hardcore cuz their HP is already past 5M and Healthstones heal for more.
    - Clearly not for casuals because they cost way too many herbs per pot (rank 3 is I think 10 herbs each which is a fuckload for healing potions, and even so we don't have access to rank 3 yet since it's rep-locked)

So it's for non-Warlock players who want slightly better healing (for a way more expensive cost) for solo content. Or I guess if a Warlock isn't in your raid.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Decent for dps, rather bad for defense. Slight weaker than a agi/vers stat stick, but the (currently) rather high ilvl makes up for it. I haven't tested whether it actually affects health stones as well (from 25 -> 35% max hp).

Definitely not agree with you even for dps or defense it's one of the best trinket up time is totally insane 42-45% of the time and some fights at 30-35% and other at 55 - 59%

Maybe for players outside of raiding or groups withou warlocks And HS has only 3 charges after you use all charges get lock for next
    Jurman - Guardian Druid <Embody>

Quote Originally Posted by Aldryana View Post
    Definitely not agree with you even for dps or defense it's one of the best trinket up time is totally insane 42-45% of the time and some fights at 30-35% and other at 55 - 59%
    It has 1 PPM according to wowhead? That should be 25% uptime. 59% uptime sounds unrealistic, unless wowhead is very wrong.

Looked through a few (top dps) logs, and it seems to be 20-25%-ish?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=7
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=2
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&source=1

So ~2500 agility on average, that's like a 920-925 stat stick.

You must have been extremely lucky to get such an uptime, but that's not normal at all.

Deleted
    is a lucky example the 59% .... as a told for me the uptime is 35-45%.
    After if you have the chance to have a trinket with more than 2500 agility maybe you could think to not use the new trinket, but you should have something like 2900 agi to have the same efficiency and not only 2500agi. I don't have the chance to loot titan forged trinket for me is big up.
    Last edited by mmoc11161f55dc; 2017-09-06 at 11:48 AM.

after if you have titan forged
    So the rest of that post was almost unreadable but I just want to point out that crafted gear cannot Warforge/Titanforge.

Deleted
    maybe you should re read.... i never talk about crafted titanforge or other.

Deleted
    Although its not up all the time like a stat stick, for DPS thats not a bad thing. Its quite likely to proc on the pull/near the pull, like all proc trinkets, which will be during Bloodlust a lot of the time, and almost always during Incarnation and/or Rage of the Sleeper. It being up with cooldowns heavily multiplies its value. On any fight where you know the duration of the fight will be 4-6 minutes or 7-9 minutes and thus delaying Incarn or Rage a little wont lose you any uses you can work to line them up a lot and really improve its value. Proc trinkets like this are very often much better than stat sticks of the same value, especially for classes with huge cooldowns like Incarnation.

You... you know the stat sticks are up during those cooldowns too, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Good question.
    - Clearly not for hardcore cuz their HP is already past 5M and Healthstones heal for more.
    - Clearly not for casuals because they cost way too many herbs per pot (rank 3 is I think 10 herbs each which is a fuckload for healing potions, and even so we don't have access to rank 3 yet since it's rep-locked)

So it's for non-Warlock players who want slightly better healing (for a way more expensive cost) for solo content. Or I guess if a Warlock isn't in your raid.
    You're not always having a warlock to get a health stone...

maybe you should re read.... i never talk about crafted titanforge or other.
    I said your post was rather unreadable and you edited your post shortly after posting this one I'm quoting. I just called it how I saw it.
    Makes a bit more sense now but still a bit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    You... you know the stat sticks are up during those cooldowns too, right?
    He gets that, but a proc is significantly stronger than a stat stick, especially when stacked with cooldowns. If it wasn't, procs would be literally worthless. It's like comparing a Solar Wrath to a Full Moon (or for Guardian's sake, a Swipe to a Mangle or Thrash) during Incarnation (for Guardian, Rage of the Sleeper). Obviously, a Full Moon is going to get a bigger damage boost out of your cooldown because its base damage is bigger. They both get a 1.35x multiplier, but the actual damage gain is much bigger on Full Moon. Translating that to the topic, a stat stick won't get as much of a bonus out of your cooldowns than your procs will.

Of course, that's assuming the proc lines up with CD usage. Waiting for procs drops your CD uptime, which results in a DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    You're not always having a warlock to get a health stone...
    If you're in a raid and don't have a Healthstone-maker, not having a slightly stronger potion is the least of your concerns, or your content just isn't that pressing of a need for a better potion *shrug*.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    So far, I am enjoying the trinket. It procs within the first few seconds of a pull, and with RotS/Incarnation as well I will blow through adds easily topping all DPS/damage. Liie you have read, it's more for DPS than tanking.

The Astral Alchemist Stone ilvl is higher than a 910 arcanocrystal. Should I use the moonglaives and stats stick trinket?