Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Why was the new Gorehowl model never released?

I'm talking specifically about the WoD version. Why did it not ever become a drop, legendary or otherwise? Seems so weird not have made the weapon accessible at all during WoD, even just for transmog purposes?

Did Blizz ever mention anything?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm talking specifically about the WoD version. Why did it not ever become a drop, legendary or otherwise? Seems so weird not have made the weapon accessible at all during WoD, even just for transmog purposes?

Did Blizz ever mention anything?
    So many incredible weapon and armor models are left unused in general, it's a great shame. They haven't mentioned anything either.

Just another part of WoD that was cut/changed, along with Teron'Gor's staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Grom didn't end up being the final boss of the expansion or even died I figure they just didn't have a good enough reason to give us the weapon. Would have been sick if it was an artifact weapon in Legion though. Arms warrior

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    What do you mean ? what did we miss with Teron'Gors staff!
    Edit Signature.

So many existing armor and weapon models are being wasted and unused.

The new Argus achieve gives lightforged weapon mog for killing all rares. They need to do more of that. Incentivize content by using those unused mog will only be healthy for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Since Grom didn't end up being the final boss of the expansion or even died I figure they just didn't have a good enough reason to give us the weapon. Would have been sick if it was an artifact weapon in Legion though. Arms warrior
    Stop it you're making too much sense!

He had a cudgel, not a staff.

Also he didn't have that until he was a DK.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From memory Thrall jammed it in the ground next to Garrosh when he killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    This.

should still be there i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Gul'dan showed up and took it. Brought it to Grom and revealed that Garrosh was his son, then blasted him and gave Kilrogg the Fel Kool Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Gul'dan showed up and took it. Brought it to Grom and revealed that Garrosh was his son, then blasted him and gave Kilrogg the Fel Kool Aid.
    damn. totally forgot about that. what about the mop gorehowl that was jammed into the ground in the sha of pride boss area?

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    damn. totally forgot about that. what about the mop gorehowl that was jammed into the ground in the sha of pride boss area?
    Trapped there for all eternity, after the adventurer's leave the chamber seals itself shut once more. Preventing anything or anyone from ever escaping it again less the fragments of Sha energy be loosed upon the world once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    i think and hope they are the same one
    Bitch Pls

I thought we did get it as a drop from Garrosh with the name of Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl.
    I assume you mean the one that we find after we defeat the Sha of Pride (I think it is?) I believe that one is retrieved by the baddies and then desecrated into becoming Xal'atoh but I don't have any lore proof to back that up, it's just my own personal assumption.

Otherwise it was probably retrieved by Kairozdormu who also helped Garrosh escape to the alternate timeline of Draenor.

The latter makes more sense as he does have Gorehowl in Draenor so unless there's multiple copies of it kinda has to have gone that way :P
    Last edited by phealin; 2017-09-08 at 07:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion aside, it's probably more deliberate than we think that it's likely that there are those at Blizzard that really don't want every weapon model from major lore characters in the game.

And I think that's right. If anything too many weapon models like that have been pushed out there for everyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Be nice if they just updated the old axe from Kara with the new model.

Deleted
    I just love this mentality. It's what makes these forums so cancer. Prey tell: where did they speak of a new model for gore howl in WoD exactly?

MoanaLisa I remember hearing something like that as an explenation before that they don't want to give out lore weapons and armors because they're literally one of a kind so in reality only one person in the whole world would be able to hold it.

Then of course they do a complete 180 on that statement in Legion but let's not look too closely at this XD

Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    I thought we did get it as a drop from Garrosh with the name of Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl.
    I assume you mean the one that we find after we defeat the Sha of Pride (I think it is?) I believe that one is retrieved by the baddies and then desecrated into becoming Xal'atoh but I don't have any lore proof to back that up, it's just my own personal assumption.

Otherwise it was probably retrieved by Kairozdormu who also helped Garrosh escape to the alternate timeline of Draenor.

The latter makes more sense as he does have Gorehowl in Draenor so unless there's multiple copies of it kinda has to have gone that way :P
    Nah, I think Xal'atoh is a creation of the Heart of Y'shaarj. It is even in the name, the Desecrated 'Image' of Gorehowl. AU Grom gifted
    his version of Gorehowl to Garrosh when he made him leader of the Warsong clan.