Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Demons are the most unrewarding mob type in the game.

Something in Legion has been bothering me for a while, it's why the Invasions and Broken Shore and Argus really irk me, and I think I found out what it is.
    Demons in Legion(specifically the non-rares) are just the most pointless enemy in the game. From a game design perspective. Especially on the Broken Shore and Argus.

Firstly, they are always somewhere between a boss mob and an elite in terms of health and damage.

Secondly, they drop nothing at all of value, compared with Timeless Isle mobs that dropped coins, Isle of Thunder keys and other stuff, Tanaan that dropped crystals and other stuff. Like they 99.9999% of the time have nothing of value or interesting on them. Only rares or boss mobs for quests seem to carry even a green with any amount of regularity, although I've got nothing from invasion bosses probably 50% of the time outside a trash item.

Thirdly, you don't get any reputation with Legionfall, the Army of the Light or any other faction for killing them outside of specific world quests.

There is no incentive to kill them or fight them at all. You actively don't want to fight them, because of such a waste of time it is. I've seen people pull teams of demons into other groups, just to get rid of them, because they are so utterly unrewarding in any way to fight, that they are below the level of raid trash. Stun them, root them, daze them, sap them, vanish, just anything to get away from having to spend time fighting them for nothing. They are like 300% stronger than a regular mob, but drop 300% less stuff, and don't even give rep. So whats the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my mount disagree with you.

Someone pointed out my mistake, so have to fix it up. Happy now, @Xofa!?

My mount and I disagree with you.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-09-08 at 11:40 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Kill the Mac'aree rare elite demons on a Draenei. They seem to always drop weapons for my Draenei warrior for some reason.

I've gotten a shield, a fancy Draenic mining pick and an axe out of the three rares I've killed on him and he hasn't even started the Argus questline yet. Transmog galore!
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-09-08 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Kill the Mac'aree rare elite demons on a Draenei. They seem to always drop weapons for my Draenei warrior for some reason.
    Damn you all!

The wife also keeps getting weapons and I don't... hmpf..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Me and my mount disagree with you.
    So you just train them away right? I've seen heaps of people just train pack of mobs into quest bosses because they dont give a crap, they are nothing. They are literal mob garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

I've gotten a shield, a fancy Draenic mining pick and an axe out of the three races I've killed on him and he hasn't even started the Argus questline yet. Transmog galore!
    I specifically said in the post the non rares......

Deleted
    Well, my psychiatrist advised me to switch into protection spec before going into Argus so I can run through this garbage laughing in their faces "ha! Where is your daze NOW!"
    It helps.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    Well, my psychiatrist advised me to switch into protection spec before going into Argus so I can run through this garbage laughing in their faces "ha! Where is your daze NOW!"
    It helps.
    How is it when you are trying to open that chest and the mob keeps stabbing you in the back, then you kill them and another spawns and all you want to do is tell them lets be friends and not fight because they have nothing of value to you, and then the chest disappears.

Having fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    So you just train them away right? I've seen heaps of people just train pack of mobs into quest bosses because they dont give a crap, they are nothing. They are literal mob garbage.
    Uhm, no? I went hunting for a mount because I wanted it.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I specifically said in the post the non rares......
    Oh well you're out of luck then. All they've got is an achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it when you are trying to open that chest and the mob keeps stabbing you in the back, then you kill them and another spawns and all you want to do is tell them lets be friends and not fight because they have nothing of value to you, and then the chest disappears.

Having fun?
    If you can't loot a chest because of a mob, kill them. Or get prydaz.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well you're out of luck then. All they've got is an achievement.
    Yup, achievements for killing the small demons. Hit the 500 mark last night, not much but a way!

Deleted
    The reason is - demons have no pockets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    The Eradar doesn't but some of the small ones do, oddly..

7+ Year Old Account
    Something in Legion has been bothering me for a while, it's why the Invasions and Broken Shore and Argus really irk me, and I think I found out what it is.
    Demons in Legion(specifically the non-rares) are just the most pointless enemy in the game. From a game design perspective. Especially on the Broken Shore and Argus.

Firstly, they are always somewhere between a boss mob and an elite in terms of health and damage.

Secondly, they drop nothing at all of value, compared with Timeless Isle mobs that dropped coins, Isle of Thunder keys and other stuff, Tanaan that dropped crystals and other stuff. Like they 99.9999% of the time have nothing of value or interesting on them. Only rares or boss mobs for quests seem to carry even a green with any amount of regularity, although I've got nothing from invasion bosses probably 50% of the time outside a trash item.

Thirdly, you don't get any reputation with Legionfall, the Army of the Light or any other faction for killing them outside of specific world quests.

There is no incentive to kill them or fight them at all. You actively don't want to fight them, because of such a waste of time it is. I've seen people pull teams of demons into other groups, just to get rid of them, because they are so utterly unrewarding in any way to fight, that they are below the level of raid trash. Stun them, root them, daze them, sap them, vanish, just anything to get away from having to spend time fighting them for nothing. They are like 300% stronger than a regular mob, but drop 300% less stuff, and don't even give rep. So whats the point?
    There is nothing wrong with having mobs, that are not required to be killed or give very little reward when killed The point is simply to feel like you are in danger and i would say, that alot of the areas on Argus make you feel like you are under pressure and can kill you. There is also a good reason to kill mobs on Argus, to do world quests, so it is not like anything is pointless. I am actually quite surprised that you are complaining about not being rewarded for farming the mobs on end, which is something i think is bad design and which i am happy to not see implemented.

Besides, you say that you like the Timeless isle better, but the reward given by the mobs there, are pretty much the equal to the reward you get from the kill achievement on Argus.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, achievements for killing the small demons. Hit the 500 mark last night, not much but a way!
    Same here. I'll farm them proper one day when I can be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    As a Rogue alter I can confirm this is false. The best loot is in their pockets, not on their rotting corpse.

At least in Suramar...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having mobs, that are not required to be killed or give very little reward when killed The point is simply to feel like you are in danger and i would say, that alot of the areas on Argus make you feel like you are under pressure and can kill you. There is also a good reason to kill mobs on Argus, to do world quests, so it is not like anything is pointless. I am actually quite surprised that you are complaining about not being rewarded for farming the mobs on end, which is something i think is bad design and which i am happy to not see implemented.

Besides, you say that you like the Timeless isle better, but the reward given by the mobs there, are pretty much the equal to the reward you get from the kill achievement on Argus.
    Hear hear!

Except, we do get rewarded, just more about luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here. I'll farm them proper one day when I can be bothered.
    Been tempted to go protection and just park in a heavy spawn area. Gives good materials, achievement and mount/pet chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

So wheres the Timeless coins or Apexis Crystal equivilant the Demons drop then, when every mob in the other zones did so? I thought you said we get equal rewards. They drop nothing.

You aren't "under pressure" or "in danger" in Argus, I have an unlimited instanuke that can destroy almost anything in 30 yards. My biggest threat is falling off a too tall ledge, or getting dazed and having to use the instanuke. If you are a stealthing Rogue or Druid there is no danger at all. Don't give me that "danger" spiel.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-09-08 at 08:42 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I've gotten a shield, a fancy Draenic mining pick and an axe out of the three races I've killed on him and he hasn't even started the Argus questline yet. Transmog galore!
    ye same here! got 2 hand sword, axe and shield..

also got one hand mace just now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

You're so mean...

- - - Updated - - -

So wheres the Timeless coins or Apexis Crystal equivilant the Demons drop then, when every mob in the other zones did so? I thought you said we get equal rewards. They drop nothing.
    We do get equal rewards. There isn't any currency system here, other than the special shards which needs you to actually do more things, like killing 'normal' or 'lesser' demons to obtain a world quest completion.

You aren't "under pressure" or "in danger" in Argus, I have an unlimited instanuke that can destroy almost anything in 30 yards. My biggest threat is falling off a too tall ledge, or getting dazed and having to use the instanuke. If you are a stealthing Rogue or Druid there is no danger at all. Don't give me that "danger" spiel.
    You do have a sort of danger, of course you don't if you're 920 ilvl but not everyone are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Two Handed sword is the best imo. Using it on my warrior.

You're so mean...

- - - Updated - - -

We do get equal rewards. There isn't any currency system here, other than the special shards which needs you to actually do more things, like killing 'normal' or 'lesser' demons to obtain a world quest completion.

You do have a sort of danger, of course you don't if you're 920 ilvl but not everyone are.
    Tanaan had rares that dropped mounts and pets and apexis crystals, and yet everything else also dropped apexis crystals. So now in Argus we have rares that drop pets and mounts and Veiled Argunite, and nothing else drops Veiled Argunite or an equivilant, how is that equal? Seems like less to me. Where are you getting the equal idea? The WQs? Tanaan had daily quests and bonus zones, pretty much the same idea.

So no, it's not equal at all. You don't want to farm regular demons, hell, you don't want to even fight regular demons, it's better playstyle now, to park your character in front of a rare spawn area, and log out til tommorow. Then kill the rare race past every normal mob you can to get to the next rare spawn point. The mobs aren't there to be killed, or fought. They may as well be neutral NPC's or critters for how much you give a rats ass about them. They are an annoyance, a buzzing fly, something to hold you up as you are on your way somewhere else, nothing more. They have no inherent gameplay value. They give no rewards, no rep, and if you are lucky maybe vendor trash or two.

At least back in the other zones, if you got held up by mobs, you'd go "okay I'll fight these because I have a chance at getting *this reward* and I will definately get *this currency* for killing them. Now? Nothing. No point.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-09-08 at 09:03 AM.