Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I just see it as bad game design, there's no incentive for me to fight normal Demons, in the supposed Demon fighting expansion, they are no more than a roadblock, a speed bump, something dazing you on the way to the next rare, something trying to hit you when you are opening the chest.

If you want to sing the praises of the game design because now you don't have to fight the monsters you are supposedly supposed to be fighting, then good for you I guess.
    It is a bad game design too to offer rewards for minor tasks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    As a demon hunter that gets a 20% dmg buff if i kill a demon i STRONGLY! disagree with you
    So what great stuff have you got from killing normal demon mobs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is a bad game design too to offer rewards for minor tasks.
    And that's why I'm not playing Argus outside of the storyline, because of this "good game design" lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh god no, currency is just a pseudo reward system.
    Indeed and the value of that currency can become close to 0 if the reward given through it is limited.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    4 repetitions in one post, brain damage much?
    Please,just please read the whole thing instead of being a hostile jerk and just pointing out things of your own liking.

Stay away with your anecdotal crap. I've got the over 500 kills acm and only had two proccs so far. Going by your logic the proccs rate must be close to zero for everyone!
    It is called RNG, damn it. Never heard of that? Since Argus was made available, I have recieved 27 'bags' of herb and/or pet stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's why I'm not playing Argus outside of the storyline, because of this "good game design" lol
    Still a better game design than a reward for everything you are meant to do anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Indeed and the value of that currency can become close to 0 if the reward given through it is limited.
    I find it fair. You can obtain auganite through so many different methods.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Please,just please read the whole thing instead of being a hostile jerk and just pointing out things of your own liking.

It is called RNG, damn it. Never heard of that? Since Argus was made available, I have recieved 27 'bags' of herb and/or pet stuff.
    can't you just get bags of shoulder enchant stuff anywhere? They proc one per hour no matter what you are killing. You really want to defend Argus this badly do you. Fine you've made it clear, you love Argus. Despite you lying about all demon mobs dropping pets and mounts, when its only rares.

I'll go to Argus when I'm lvl 120 and the mobs are worth the effort of dealing with. A single solo legacy raid run is more interesting and rewarding than wandering around Argus for the same time period. Most of the materials have tanked in price so there's no point in going there to farm for anything.

I find it fair. You can obtain auganite through so many different methods.
    So many? Three: the Mission table, the WQ/Invasion points and the rares.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-09-08 at 10:03 AM.

And yet you claim that they "drop a lot" as if that was a fact. Ever heard of RNG?

I think I'll call you Tseric from now on.

Deleted
    Remember when you killed stuff just because it was fun to kill stuff?

Now people want reward just for breathing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Remember when you killed stuff just because it was fun to kill stuff?
    You mean back when in in Vanilla/BC/WOTLK when you killed mobs for rep and motes? Or in Cata you'd hang out killing mobs with a potion of Treasure finding? Or back in MoP when you killed mobs for coins and motes of harmony and world drops? Or back in WoD when you killed mobs for Apexis Crystals, Felblight and Primal Spirits? Yeah those were the days. Just for fun.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-09-08 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you claim that they "drop a lot" as if that was a fact. Ever heard of RNG?
    27 bags is actually a lot, especially for normal playstyle and not farming. And I never stated it as a fact. Just like RNG is RNG. During the time waiting for your reply, I've received 3 more. Just by traveling this ravine of a broken planet.

I think I'll call you Tseric from now on.
    I'm amazed that people still remember this guy? Oh well, so what.

- - - Updated - - -

So many? Three: the Mission table, the WQ/Invasion points and the rares.
    Quests, Mission table, World Quest, Invasion Points, Greater Invasion points, Rares and, special chests (Not the normal treasure chests).

That is more than enough methods for something that can get you up to what, 945 ilvl pieces?

- - - Updated - - -

can't you just get bags of shoulder enchant stuff anywhere? They proc one per hour no matter what you are killing. You really want to defend Argus this badly do you. Fine you've made it clear, you love Argus. Despite you lying about all demon mobs dropping pets and mounts, when its only rares.

I'll go to Argus when I'm lvl 120 and the mobs are worth the effort of dealing with. A single solo legacy raid run is more interesting and rewarding than wandering around Argus for the same time period. Most of the materials have tanked in price so there's no point in going there to farm for anything.
    I didn't lie. I didn't state all did. I stated you could obtain them via normal mobs.

And yes, you can but people tend to want to be in current content. But your attitude is generally, you want a lollipop for stepping on a cockroach that you didn't have to step on.

Quests, Mission table, World Quest, Invasion Points, Greater Invasion points, Rares and, special chests (Not the normal treasure chests).

That is more than enough methods for something that can get you up to what, 945 ilvl pieces?
    And? Who cares? What's the point of gearing up to deal with normal demon mobs that drop nothing? It's an exercise in futility. I'll just go there when i outlevel the zone and the mobs are one shottable and I can avoid them due to them being useless speed bumps.

27 bags is actually a lot, especially for normal playstyle and not farming. And I never stated it as a fact. Just like RNG is RNG. During the time waiting for your reply, I've received 3 more. Just by traveling this ravine of a broken planet.
    They proc once per hour, if you loot 5-10+ mobs at once, you have a chance of getting a double or triple proc on the hour. That's it dude. You are just killing mobs, and in the next hour you will proc again when you loot the mobs and possibly get a double/triple proc if you loot multiple mobs at once.

I didn't lie. I didn't state all did. I stated you could obtain them via normal mobs.
    You can't they only drop from rares.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-09-08 at 10:31 AM.

Demons are over the top garbage mobs. At least low level kobolds were funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    And? Who cares? What's the point of gearing up to deal with normal demon mobs that drop nothing? It's an exercise in futility. I'll just go there when i outlevel the zone and the mobs are one shottable and I can avoid them due to them being useless speed bumps.
    Welcome to the world of roleplaying games, you must obtain equipment and prepare yourself to take on strong foes. In the world, there may appear other threats that might not match that of the fierce creatures walking around but they can reward other things that might not be considered a primary objective for people to collect.

They proc once per hour, if you loot 5-10+ mobs at once, you have a chance of getting a double or triple proc on the hour. That's it dude. You are just killing mobs, and in the next hour you will proc again when you loot the mobs and possibly get a double/triple proc if you loot multiple mobs at once.
    Yup, I know it is. And yes, you're meant to be killing your foes and then you may get something out of it. I don't actively farm them alone, these procs is just from killing mobs that either is a problem on my way, or in the way of a chest/rare.

You can't they only drop from rares.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=1...chew-mana-buns

The only mount I was thinking about.

And a last point to add to the ones hungry for currency; Orix, the eye collector would like a talk with you. Just incase you hunger for mindless currency farm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Demons are over the top garbage mobs. At least low level kobolds were funny.
    Well, for the demons, it seems the smaller they are, the more entertaining they can be. At least now many of them say something instead of just a speech bubble.

Welcome to the world of roleplaying games, you must obtain equipment and prepare yourself to take on strong foes.
    Sorry I'm just back here collecting my veiled argunite from my mission table without having to bash my way through elite level normal demons that drop nothing. But hey if you enjoy that sort of thing, be my guest. I'm sure I'll do all the content you are enjoying when the level of the rewards for killing the trash demons matches the amount of time I've invested killing them is. Which is when I'm lvl 120.

In the meantime, I'm going to be doing other stuff in the game that isn't trash clearing to somewhere for 0 reward. If I want to clear pointless trash, then I'll hit up a legacy raid and actually get something tangible out of it. Like a rare transmog I can sell for 100k or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I'm just back here collecting my veiled argunite from my mission table without having to bash my way through elite level normal demons that drop nothing. But hey if you enjoy that sort of thing, be my guest. I'm sure I'll do all the content you are enjoying when the level of the rewards for killing the trash demons matches the amount of time I've invested killing them is. Which is when I'm lvl 120.

In the meantime, I'm going to be doing other stuff in the game that isn't trash clearing to somewhere for 0 reward. If I want to clear pointless trash, then I'll hit up a legacy raid and actually get something tangible out of it.
    Of course, you do you. There's always room for casual playstyles too. Nothing wrong with having to avoid working for things, as long as you don't expect to get loot from everything for nothing.

And, grats on your auganite? Not like it is that hard to get.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-09-08 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted

Really hope not, it'll just end up frog farm again as someone else basically mentioned.
    Elite (non-rare) mobs can drop veiled argunite. (1)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Elite (non-rare) mobs can drop veiled argunite. (1)
    Ah, so the OP's complaint isn't as valid. Okay, there's some auganite reward then OP. My apologies and thank you @Nakloh for confirming that though it is a bit sad but I guess there has to be some incentive to some people.

In the meantime, I'm going to be doing other stuff in the game that isn't trash clearing to somewhere for 0 reward. If I want to clear pointless trash, then I'll hit up a legacy raid and actually get something tangible out of it. Like a rare transmog I can sell for 100k or something.
    And I'll just go ahead continuing to get 2-3 Relinquished tokens a day from Rares, Treasures and Invasions while you take a few weeks to amass enough for even one from just the Mission Table.

Also why do you actually WANT to feel compelled to do nothing but kill enemies repeatedly for minuscule rewards? IMO That was the stupidest part of Timeless Isle and Tanaan. Hell, I only ever actually did the Daily Quests and bonus objectives for my Apexis, which is akin to doing Invasion Points and World Quests...

Quote Originally Posted by strangewayes View Post
    something in legion has been bothering me for a while, it's why the invasions and broken shore and argus really irk me, and i think i found out what it is.
    Demons in legion(specifically the non-rares) are just the most pointless enemy in the game. From a game design perspective. Especially on the broken shore and argus.

Firstly, they are always somewhere between a boss mob and an elite in terms of health and damage.

Secondly, they drop nothing at all of value, compared with timeless isle mobs that dropped coins, isle of thunder keys and other stuff, tanaan that dropped crystals and other stuff. Like they 99.9999% of the time have nothing of value or interesting on them. Only rares or boss mobs for quests seem to carry even a green with any amount of regularity, although i've got nothing from invasion bosses probably 50% of the time outside a trash item.

Thirdly, you don't get any reputation with legionfall, the army of the light or any other faction for killing them outside of specific world quests.

There is no incentive to kill them or fight them at all. You actively don't want to fight them, because of such a waste of time it is. I've seen people pull teams of demons into other groups, just to get rid of them, because they are so utterly unrewarding in any way to fight, that they are below the level of raid trash. Stun them, root them, daze them, sap them, vanish, just anything to get away from having to spend time fighting them for nothing. They are like 300% stronger than a regular mob, but drop 300% less stuff, and don't even give rep. So whats the point?
    yes there is, the lightbringer title reward for killing 500 non trivial demons!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    And I'll just go ahead continuing to get 2-3 Relinquished tokens a day from Rares, Treasures and Invasions while you take a few weeks to amass enough for even one from just the Mission Table.

Also why do you actually WANT to feel compelled to do nothing but kill enemies repeatedly for minuscule rewards? IMO That was the stupidest part of Timeless Isle and Tanaan. Hell, I only ever actually did the Daily Quests and bonus objectives for my Apexis, which is akin to doing Invasion Points and World Quests...
    So in that case, why are the Demon mobs even there? They practically serve no purpose now. Explain why they exist gameplay wise to me. Outside of a kill counter achievement. Hypothetically, if the achievement didn't exist, why are they there. What gameplay aspect do they serve?
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-09-08 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    You mean back when in in Vanilla/BC/WOTLK when you killed mobs for rep and motes? Or in Cata you'd hang out killing mobs with a potion of Treasure finding? Or back in MoP when you killed mobs for coins and motes of harmony and world drops? Or back in WoD when you killed mobs for Apexis Crystals, Felblight and Primal Spirits? Yeah those were the days. Just for fun.
    I wuold reply about the idiocy of your answer, but people already debunked you, so yeah have fun!