Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    CNN makes it seem like everything is in a state of panic, haven't been to other sites. All the long gas lines I saw on Wed were all gone. i filled up today with no problem Traffic is only slightly above average. Theres noticeably more northbound traffic on 95 but its moving at pace. Tomorrow might be a bit more hectic because its pretty much the last day to leave South and Central FL if you're leaving (about a 3hr drive from Central FL to Georgia in normal traffic) Friday is the last day. Putting up shutters, downloading some Netflix onto my laptop, good stuff like that tomorrow.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    CNN makes it seem like everything is in a state of panic, haven't been to other sites. All the long gas lines I saw on Wed were all gone. i filled up today with no problem Traffic is only slightly above average. Theres noticeably more northbound traffic on 95 but its moving at pace. Tomorrow might be a bit more hectic because its pretty much the last day to leave South and Central FL if you're leaving (about a 3hr drive from Central FL to Georgia in normal traffic) Friday is the last day. Putting up shutters, downloading some Netflix onto my laptop, good stuff like that tomorrow.
    Hope that gas lasts ya. After Harvey basically across the state people were flipping their shit about the gas and making stations run empty in an attempt to hoard it because the news or something was spreading on Facebook that we "ran out".

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It is. They have. Nothing past Category 5 exists.
    Maybe NOAA will add a category 6 in a similar fashion to how they added additional colors to their rain scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Sweet mother of monkey milk where the hell is this? and is it Irma or another past cane?
    Texas coast after Hurricane Ike in 2008.

Hurricane Rita flattened the place in 2005, too. They keep building.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Howso? Category 5 pretty much implies destruction of structures. As someone mentioned earlier, why would it be important to imply "No seriously, destruction of structures. We're not kidding"
    To more clearly convey wind speed I'm guessing. There's not much of a point in classifying F5 tornadoes either, but they do that anyway (before the enhanced scale they had an upper limit on F5s leaving room for a hypothetical F6 [now deprecated])
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Irma is so strong, it is registering on seismograph stations in the Caribbean islands.

Anyone got a place for me to stay away from Seattle? It's been so smokey, hot, and hazy from forest fires that I haven't seen the sky in days.

A couple mornings ago I woke to a reddish haze, a blood red sun, and ash everywhere. I just want the gloomy, cool, rainy weather back.

Right up the whole state!

Still like 2-3 days off, there's a chance it can miss or become a tropical storm.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You're free to come crash on my couch while you ride the storm out here in Cali. We just legalized weed so you have that to look forward to.
    Excellent initiative :>

10+ Year Old Account

Someoen needs to call Rayquaza

15+ Year Old Account
    Any riots planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Any riots planned?
    Only thing to watch out for during storms like this with people evacuating are looters.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Only thing to watch out for during storms like this with people evacuating are looters.
    Yeah, better watch your back. There's definitely going to be some opportunistic thugs around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Yeah, better watch your back. There's definitely going to be some opportunistic thugs around.
    Yup the only way into my apartment is through stairs that are inside my apartment. I have a simple bar propped against the door from the inside and have protection if needed. Unlikely though but better safe than sorry. I can always get out from the window if need be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Anyone got a place for me to stay away from Seattle? It's been so smokey, hot, and hazy from forest fires that I haven't seen the sky in days.

A couple mornings ago I woke to a reddish haze, a blood red sun, and ash everywhere. I just want the gloomy, cool, rainy weather back.
    I been there, its no fun.

Is Disney and Universal in Orlando going to get hit?

Some really amazing photos of the scale of Irma and Jose

https://www.space.com/38051-hurrican...rom-space.html
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2017-09-08 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post

Yes. Its going up the length of FL.

As of now it shouldn't be too rough for FL except South Florida. Thing is hurricanes are highly unpredictable. If it stalls its going do dump a shitt ton of rain on the east coast fueled by the Atlantic.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-09-08 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post

Irma is indeed going to Disneyworld, and it won't be pretty.

All the traffic coming out of Florida is starting to back up even here where I'm located (at the GA/FL border). I'm in a town of ~20k, so any sort of uptick in traffic will stand out. Last time I recall seeing this many people coming through town was a few years ago when Oklahoma played Florida State down in Tallahassee (I'm about a hour from there). This dwarfs that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Someoen needs to call Rayquaza
    Forgot to include that 8.1 earthquake in Mexico.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent all putting up shutters are various houses. I'm too tired to run. I hope everyone is safe but I can get at least one small tree to tip over to justify all the work i did? No on a house but maybe in a ditch so that the city has to come and get it.