Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do you care about Ghost Crawler's tweets?

I ask this as just a general question of curiosity. Personally, I don't like Ghostcrawler and while I don't always disagree with the philosophies for game development that he has, I don't care what he tweets about (Especially because he no longer works for Blizzard). I think it's a minor annoyance that MMOChampion keeps posting his tweets on their news page.

What about you? Do you like that MMOChampion reposts Ghost Crawler tweets? Do you find them insightful or interesting to read, or do you prefer to skip over them?

I thought his tweets had an interesting perspective once he first quit, but seriously it's been like 5 years. The game has changed so much that half of his opinions are redundant now.

Yes
    Greg was and still is a really smart guy who is willing to offer insight on development.

Nope, I see no reason to care about some random guy that used to work for Blizz, but no longer does. His opinions are no more or less useful that mine or yours, when it comes to any Blizz related products.

I like reading what he has to say but I just think it's weird they still post them on the front page. Like why not just post other developers currently working on WoW?

Some of it's really smart, some of it's really dumb and makes me feel as if the devs never had any idea what they were doing, then again, *looks at pandaria and warlords*.

MMO-C already posted a poll asking everyone if they were interested in still hearing from him (as he is one of the few devs who actually communicates honestly with players). And the poll showed that the majority of people did care or at least liked hearing his insights on design. So here we are.

What do you mean by care?

Is he omnipotent about the Gaming Industry and his opinions are always right? No.
    Does he have huge experience and knowledge about the Gaming Industry and it's interesting whenever he's writing something about it? Yes.

He's just showing how it works from his perspective, maybe people would write less useless threads if they read his tweets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Nope, I see no reason to care about some random guy that used to work for Blizz, but no longer does. His opinions are no more or less useful that mine or yours, when it comes to any Blizz related products.
    Except he is an amazingly successful game developer, and your just an armchair dev

also At OP
    1. if your gunna make a thread like this make it a poll
    2. we allready had a poll made about it, and yes the average forum user does like to hear his insight
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Most of his tweets aren't even really insightful to the game industry (in fact, almost none of them include actual game industry tidbits) it's just his random opinion on things, which is generally why I find them a little pointless to read and wonder how others feel about it. No need to get defensive and accuse people of making "useless threads", though. Calm yourself.

infracted (for image)
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-09-09 at 05:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Lol i love how you changed his post into a crying baby, you are so, so smart and funny

Infracted (for image)
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-09-09 at 05:36 AM.

Do you care about Ghost Crawler's tweets?
    No.
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I thought his tweets had an interesting perspective once he first quit, but seriously it's been like 5 years. The game has changed so much that half of his opinions are redundant now.
    This perfectly summarizes my thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Lol i love how you changed his post into a crying baby, you are so, so smart and funny
    I love how the linchpin of his post was "people who don't like ghost crawler tweets make useless threads".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I read them. Any more they are rarely about World of Warcraft specifically except in the greater context of designing games. That's interesting to me and I'm glad to see them. That's why I'm not sure I even understand the criticism that he's been gone from Blizzard for a while. 90% of it is about designing games. That's fine by me.

We get this thread every so often so a poll was conducted and yes, people like to read them. There are a LOT of incipient amateur game designers here.

If anyone else from Blizzard now or in the past--or anyone really--were writing generally about the art of game design I'd be all for including them too for what it's worth.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-09-08 at 07:44 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I know right? its so funny, man you are the best, you should make more threads, they are so insightful and just make me laugh with how you shut down anyone who has the wrong opinion
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-09-09 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I ask this as just a general question of curiosity. Personally, I don't like Ghostcrawler and while I don't always disagree with the philosophies for game development that he has, I don't care what he tweets about (Especially because he no longer works for Blizzard). I think it's a minor annoyance that MMOChampion keeps posting his tweets on their news page.

What about you? Do you like that MMOChampion reposts Ghost Crawler tweets? Do you find them insightful or interesting to read, or do you prefer to skip over them?
    Nope, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    He was also very stuck up when he did work at Blizzard, talking about his yacht and things of that nature. He was a cunt back then, not sure about now.

Deleted
    No but MMOC apparently does

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't really like him when he worked for blizzard and ofc not reading his tweets.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!