Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Have you run any benchmarking software to make sure both the CPU and GPU are returning the performance you expect from them?

If one of them is drastically below what you expect, it will help narrow it down.

Something like Passmark should return around 8700 for the GPU and 12000 for the CPU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Have you run any benchmarking software to make sure both the CPU and GPU are returning the performance you expect from them?

If one of them is drastically below what you expect, it will help narrow it down.

Something like Passmark should return around 8700 for the GPU and 12000 for the CPU.
    I did, they scored fine at first, but after overclock the CPU scores at around 68th percentile, whereas it was 84th...

I get lower benchmarks on CPU after OC. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    While these tools can sometimes be useful, they will often use old drivers, drivers for a different product and basically, just mess shit up so bad it can't be fixed. Since you have run this, I would highly recommend a complete fresh install of Windows. Get the GPU Drivers direct from the nvidia/AMD site and install them, then going to your motherboard's manufacturer website and manually downloading the drivers for your motherboard and manually installing them all. Then, re-install GTAV and see if the issue persists. If the issue persists after that, you have ruled out software related issues and can pretty much bet you have a faulty piece of hardware.
    Any idea why after overclock, my CPU scores lower on benchmarks?

i7-7700k overclocked to:

5.0ghz core/cache ratio
    Voltage at 1.345

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You don't have to recall... Just check?
    "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    NVRM: Graphics TEX Exception on (GPC 1, TPC 1): TEX NACK / Page Fault

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table"

Similar things like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    I did, they scored fine at first, but after overclock the CPU scores at around 68th percentile, whereas it was 84th...

I get lower benchmarks on CPU after OC. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

i7-7700k overclocked to:

5.0ghz core/cache ratio
    Voltage at 1.345

- - - Updated - - -

"The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    NVRM: Graphics TEX Exception on (GPC 1, TPC 1): TEX NACK / Page Fault

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table"

Similar things like this...

nvlddmkm is your Nvidia driver. Your card or your drivers are fucked. Completely uninstall the display adapter in device manager and reinstall it. You may have to do this in safe mode. If that doesn't work use the DDU tool to completely uninstall your display driver and then reinstall.

Also check out this. It's old, but still mostly accurate.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...vlddmkm-Error/
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2017-09-08 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    nvlddmkm is your Nvidia driver. Your card or your drivers are fucked. Completely uninstall the display adapter in device manager and reinstall it. You may have to do this in safe mode. If that doesn't work use the DDU tool to completely uninstall your display driver and then reinstall.

Also check out this. It's old, but still mostly accurate.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...vlddmkm-Error/
    You know what, I'll reinstall Windows completely!

Ive had an issue with my new ibuypower computer for months, where in any game, when i move my mouse i get a weird micro stutter even with a stable 200+ fps, i sent it back and replaced my graphics card, it dosent show up on recordings just on my monitor, i even got a new monitor, ibuypower said they cant fix anything unless i prove to them what part is defective since its not the graphics card, im thinking the motherboard its just hard since it never shows up on recording.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Ive had an issue with my new ibuypower computer for months, where in any game, when i move my mouse i get a weird micro stutter even with a stable 200+ fps, i sent it back and replaced my graphics card, it dosent show up on recordings just on my monitor, i even got a new monitor, ibuypower said they cant fix anything unless i prove to them what part is defective since its not the graphics card, im thinking the motherboard its just hard since it never shows up on recording.
    Well, it isn't in all games. But there is stuttering in many.

Stupid question... Is your graphics card definitely in the correct slot?

i7-7700k overclocked to:

5.0ghz core/cache ratio
    Voltage at 1.345
    Could be any number of things but I would imagine thermal throttling. OCing produces more heat. If that heat is too much, system will either throtle itself or just shut down completely. Monitor your temps and clockspeed during the benchmark to see if this is the case.

Could be any number of things but I would imagine thermal throttling. OCing produces more heat. If that heat is too much, system will either throtle itself or just shut down completely. Monitor your temps and clockspeed during the benchmark to see if this is the case.
    I'm more inclined to think its a graphics driver issue, the card isn't getting enough power or there's something actually wrong with the cards based on the errors he's getting in the event log.

Deleted
    Stupid question... Is your graphics card definitely in the correct slot?
    Yes the first slot, and it shows PCI x16.

Deleted
    Also isn't 1.345v a tad high?

Deleted
    It doesn't say there's throttling. It also doesn't go above 75 c and I got liquid cooling.

Well, it isn't in all games. But there is stuttering in many.
    maybe not the same issue as u or the same cause which is unkown, but i definitely know how frustrating it is, especially if you spent 1500$+ like i did and having no idea wtf is going on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    maybe not the same issue as u or the same cause which is unkown, but i definitely know how frustrating it is, especially if you spent 1500$+ like i did and having no idea wtf is going on!
    Exactly.

Overclock helped a bit but there's still stutter and benchmarking is lower on CPU than before OC...

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Thats a normal Vcore For a 5.0 GHz Oc on a i7 7700k. Between 1.3 and 1.375 is what most hit on a 5.0Ghz OC

- - - Updated - - -

It's sounds like a faulty OC or the GPU acting up

Have you run a Prime95 test? and if yes, what temps are you getting in Prime95?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I'm more inclined to think its a graphics driver issue, the card isn't getting enough power or there's something actually wrong with the cards based on the errors he's getting in the event log.
    What would the graphics card drivers have to to with a CPU Benchmark? Regardless of bad GPU drivers, after an OC a CPU Benchmark should not perform worse. The same maybe. Better almost definitely because the GPU Driver issue was present both before and after the OC. But a worse CPU Benchmark because of graphics card drivers? I'm not following you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Possibly, not entirely sure. If it is though, it would be causing higher than normal temps, and therefore throttling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Thats a normal Vcore For a 5.0 GHz Oc on a i7 7700k. Between 1.3 and 1.375 is what most hit on a 5.0Ghz OC

- - - Updated - - -

I will run that now. Let's see.

I must mention, on the CPU-Z program my benchmark goes higher when testing CPU. My scores on 3D Mark also went higher after OC. (Although it stops after a while now, not sure why. Just doesn't work anymore after OC, the 3dMark.)

However, Passmark and Intel XTU show worse score after OC. Very odd.

The GPU is doing well after OC. Not sure how that would impact the CPU?

Also, there's no throttling as my OC software shows that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't run it full yet but here's some:

http://textuploader.com/d6idz

I will run that now. Let's see.

I must mention, on the CPU-Z program my benchmark goes higher when testing CPU. My scores on 3D Mark also went higher after OC. (Although it stops after a while now, not sure why. Just doesn't work anymore after OC, the 3dMark.)

However, Passmark and Intel XTU show worse score after OC. Very odd.

The GPU is doing well after OC. Not sure how that would impact the CPU?

Also, there's no throttling as my OC software shows that.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't run it full yet but here's some:

http://textuploader.com/d6idz
    What temps do you get in XTU and Prime95?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a bad choice installing OS and Games to a HDD nowadays.

SSD prices are so good and performance is like you are flying instead of driving on a dirt road. It is not the pure speed difference, but the access time (delay on HDD) is that makes the Huge advantage for SSDs. Suggesting to clone the whole old drive to an SSD and you will not regret it.

However, games can be fully loaded into the Memory and HDD speed should not effect gameplay, but Windows can do a lot of things in the backgrounds, even swapping that could be causing slowdown. You will love the speed of the SSD as all the load speed will greatly increase for all the programs installed on the PC.

GTX 970 and 1060 is quite close on Benchmark, just because the new card design, you will not expect huge difference.
    https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    SSD prices are so good and performance is like you are flying instead of driving on a dirt road.
    SSD Prices are actually very high right now. Theyre about 30% higher than they were this time last year.

And in no way will running your OS or Games on an HDD cause the issues the OP is having.

Otherwise, like i said, the consoles wouldn't even function - as they both use 5400RPM 2.5" drives.