Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    OP is fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    40% is great when you mathematically need about 25% of the popular vote to be electorally selected as President again.
    You need approximately 25% of the eligible voting population, not 25% of the popular vote, and Trump's approval rating was nearly 50% (about 46-47% depending on the poll you looked at) on November 9th.

This 10% drop in numbers has reflected in special elections across the country. Every single special race since November 9th, even the ones Republicans have won, have had Republicans down a solid 15% from what those districts normally vote/poll at. Districts where Republicans have always won with 70% or more of the vote were neck and neck and ended up near 52/48 wins. They've also lost a couple of elections where those districts were normally 60%ish wins.

Another reason polls are important, even if it's the president, is that the president represents his party for future elections more than the actions of congress and the house.

That's another reason polls are important to look at. You can see the approval of the president reflected in general, mid term, and special elections. Trump keeps polling lower and lower. He occasionally sees a small spike, like even I'll admit, the way he handled the two hurricanes has been presidential enough. Not stellar, but better than Bush handled Katrina by far. But back to the point, his polls are in slow but steady freefall, with occasional bumps.

I dunno what fantasy land @Ransath lives in, but the Russia investigation is still ongoing, as Mueller has not declared it over yet. And as has been pointed out, many many many many times, Watergate case took over 2 years to even put together. The process of collecting evidence from hundreds of different people involved and painting a full tapestry takes time and work. And it's not like they're going to show their hand to the competition. They're not going to announce anything truly damning until the end, just small leaks here and there.

As I've said, if he makes enough enemies in Washington and the Russia case is moderately but not crushingly damning, he's still out of here. Republicans won't protect Trump in the face of bad poll numbers when he's already made enemies of them. It would be political suicide for anyone BUT the Senate Republicans in far right states to back him if he drops into the 20's poll wise.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    You need approximately 25% of the eligible voting population, not 25% of the popular vote, and Trump's approval rating was nearly 50% (about 46-47% depending on the poll you looked at) on November 9th.
    Wait no it is the popular vote. Mathematically if you were to barely win in all the smaller states where individual votes hold a greater electoral value you could get enough electoral votes to technically win the presidency with only 22% of the popular vote. Its not likely to happen but its possible under current rules.

Also I like your name

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno what fantasy land @Ransath lives in, but the Russia investigation is still ongoing
    And, for added fun, the investigation is increasingly irrelevant. Trump is destroying his own agenda, attacking and insulting his own party, demanding the GOP create and pass legislation with no guidance from him -- other than being impossible like more people better coverage less money -- destroying relations with other countries to get better relations with Russia, destroying relations with Russia, refusing to condemn American Nazis and the KKK, and of course, golfing and tweeting. That's why his poll numbers are low, and even if they weren't, we're seeing his own party increasingly disturbed and angry literally by the week, including this week, where he flat-out sided with the Dems out of the blue (I'm clever!) and then demanded the GOP remove the filibuster, again, because somehow this was their fault. And Bannon's not helping by attacking the WH staff or Javanka, either.

FOX News yesterday put up a piece about how much damage Trump was doing to his own party re: 2018. It did not mention Russia once. Do we really need the investigation?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait no it is the popular vote. Mathematically if you were to barely win in all the smaller states where individual votes hold a greater electoral value you could get enough electoral votes to technically win the presidency with only 22% of the popular vote. Its not likely to happen but its possible under current rules.

Also I like your name
    Ah I guess that is valid, but it's one of those situations that would never happen because you'd have to just barely win smaller states (the electoral vote "power" is more per person in less populated states, which is why I always find it funny when conservatives screech and scream about Cali and NY being "unfair") and win nothing in the large states.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Trump is not going to be impeached. And even if he were to be impeached, he will not be removed from office.

Sorry, your little Russia fantasies are just that - fantasies. Trump is going nowhere until 2025.
    Yea Trump will not be impeached for no other reason that it would be political suicide for the democrats. Thier best bet is to run a fresh candidate in 2020 that is likable. I think the way to beat trump is through kindness, I'm not sure the democrats can run sort of campaign though.

Deleted
    I dunno what fantasy land @Ransath lives in, but the Russia investigation is still ongoing, as Mueller has not declared it over yet. And as has been pointed out, many many many many times, Watergate case took over 2 years to even put together.
    Acutally, there are FIVE investigations going on - and not one of them has produced one shred of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. Not one fucking thing has been leaked to even somewhat bolster that bullshit narrative.

Also, by this time in the Watergate investigation (6 month in, actually) people like G.Gordon Liddy were already going to JAIL. Not ONE SINGLE PERSON in the Trump circle has even been indicted yet. LOL - fuck your "Watergate took over 2 years".

You do know Susan Rice had to testify to congress on Tuesday, right? You do know that the Senate judiciary wants Comey back to testify about his lies? The only people going down from the Trump campaign might be Manafort, for probably not declaring income correctly from his business dealings with the Ukraine. So what?

When this is all said and done, the only people Mueller will indict will be Obama admin officials. And when he does, you won't be able to complain about it. He is your GOD and you must accept whatever he says - good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    FOX News yesterday put up a piece about how much damage Trump was doing to his own party re: 2018. It did not mention Russia once. Do we really need the investigation?
    Yes, because the integrity of our elections is still important. Even if trump is cleared of all wrong doing, it's clear that russia illegally interfered with our election, and an investigation into that is important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Acutally, there are FIVE investigations going on - and not one of them has produced one shred of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. Not one fucking thing has been leaked to even somewhat bolster that bullshit narrative.

Also, by this time in the Watergate investigation (6 month in, actually) people like G.Gordon Liddy were already going to JAIL. Not ONE SINGLE PERSON in the Trump circle has even been indicted yet. LOL - fuck your "Watergate took over 2 years".

You do know Susan Rice had to testify to congress on Tuesday, right? You do know that the Senate judiciary wants Comey back to testify about his lies? The only people going down from the Trump campaign might be Manafort, for probably not declaring income correctly from his business dealings with the Ukraine. So what?

When this is all said and done, the only people Mueller will indict will be Obama admin officials. And when he does, you won't be able to complain about it. He is your GOD and you must accept whatever he says - good or bad.
    This is some hardcore delusion happening. You claim no evidence has been shown of collusion between the Trump team and Russia and then only paragraphs later you literally admit that Manafort has had wrongdoing connected to the subject.

Not to mention you're just ignoring Trump Jr. and his entire story line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    ....it's clear that russia illegally interfered with our election, and an investigation into that is important.
    It is not even remotely clear. Why? Because 4 agencies said that Russia did it, based on the findings from CloudStrike's investigation of the DNC server? Please, go find ONE bit of independent evidence - from ANY of the 4 agencies - that proves Russia did it.

It is not even remotely clear. Why? Because 4 agencies said that Russia did it, based on the findings from CloudStrike's investigation of the DNC server? Please, go find ONE bit of independent evidence - from ANY of the 4 agencies - that proves Russia did it.
    Okay dude you better be a Russian bot or committed troll because this is just over the top

Deleted
    This is some hardcore delusion happening. You claim no evidence has been shown of collusion between the Trump team and Russia and then only paragraphs later you literally admit that Manafort has had wrongdoing connected to the subject.
    I don't know if you realize this (obviously you do not) - the Ukraine is NOT RUSSIA!!!!!!! The Ukraine is not an adversary! If it were, the Democrats would be the ones that were being raked over the coals.

Manfaort made money YEARS AGO, doing consulting work for the Ukraine. He might not have reported his income correctly. They will get him for tax evasion - big fucking deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay dude you better be a Russian bot or committed troll because this is just over the top
    Really? Then prove me wrong. Go find any evidence they publicly supplied - independent of the Cloudstrike investigation.

Really? Then prove me wrong. Go find any evidence they publicly supplied - independent of the Cloudstrike investigation.
    "Prove me wrong" to an absurd claim that's blatantly moving the goal posts. Yeah I can't take you seriously.

Deleted
    "Prove me wrong" to an absurd claim that's blatantly moving the goal posts. Yeah I can't take you seriously.
    LOL - you've got nothing. You don't even know the difference between Russia and the Ukraine. LOL.

If my claim is so "absurd" you should have no problem finding independent evidence to prove how "absurd" I am.

BTW - i did not move the goalposts one bit.

Read the rest of their comments. If they actually hold the beliefs they claim to espouse on these forums, they're not a person you can have a productive conversation with. That should lead you to one conclusion either way: they're not worth your time.

That being said, it's against forum rules to call someone a troll here.

LOL - you've got nothing. You don't even know the difference between Russia and the Ukraine. LOL.

If my claim is so "absurd" you should have no problem finding independent evidence to prove how "absurd" I am.

BTW - i did not move the goalposts one bit.
    Bro you're intentionally using the wrong names in this argument not to mention you went for the easy "Ukraine is not Russia" fallback. This is low energy posting if I've ever seen it.

Polls matter again, eh? Don't get too masterbatory over them, I doubt they'll get passed %50 much less stay at that level.

Deleted
    So, this thread proves that Trumpkins are bad at math? 37% isn't 40%.

Seriously, what's the problem with Trumpkins and exact sciences?

I don't know if you realize this (obviously you do not) - the Ukraine is NOT RUSSIA!!!!!!! The Ukraine is not an adversary! If it were, the Democrats would be the ones that were being raked over the coals.

Manfaort made money YEARS AGO, doing consulting work for the Ukraine. He might not have reported his income correctly. They will get him for tax evasion - big fucking deal.
    FFS you can't even get that right.
    Manafort was working for the pro-Russia politicians in Ukraine, like Yanukovych, the guy wanted in Ukraine for high treason.

I don't know why anyone even bothers with you at this point.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    FFS you can't even get that right.
    Manafort was working for the pro-Russia politicians in Ukraine, like Yanukovych, the guy wanted in Ukraine for high treason.

I don't know why anyone even bothers with you at this point.
    Uh, ya. Why are you?