Poll: Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I see no problem with that name itself, but it was probably made just to mock lunatics that think that there are more than two genders, so it was treated as offensive.

I agree that he should've changed his name, but what does it have to do with the politics?
    read your first sentence. That's what it has to do with politics. Also... self-awareness. Check it out (you LITERALLY made a political post and then asked why the is political. Come on...)

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Name a single character in WoW that has a name with two words stuck together that isn't a nickname. I'll wait.
    ... Proudmoore, Trollbane, Blackmoore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    LOL that's actually ridiculous. Are people SERIOUSLY offended by the name "Twogender"? In what way, shape or form is THAT provocative or offensive or whatever? Holy moly I like to think I'm a pretty considerate guy and dislike offensive or suggestive things, but this is actually ridiculous.
    Offended? No. Not at all. But they told him to change it, he changed it with a single letter that sure feels like it's meant to be a fuck you to the process.

Look, use fantasy names. Quit dragging real world shit and your opinions into the game. It's not hard.

I don't give a flying fuck if it would fit in YOUR opinion. I care about the ridiculous claim that it's "normal". Being a reference means nothing as well.
    'Skultaker' is not an abnormal or overtly offensive name, let alone one that baits political discussion. You're free to report it if it offends you, but the choice to ban or not is up to Blizzard. I would gather that they'd see it the same as most, as not being overtly offensive and free to fly under the radar. Blizzard's censorship isn't about banning any-and-all offensive names that can possibly exist. It's about moderation of names that have the potential to offend individuals within the playerbase. It doesn't have to have any consistency or make any sense, since new provocative words and meanings pop up on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-09-08 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

How is that against the ToS?

If you were named Hitler, then sure. I can see the reasoning for as to why you'd be banned (Though, that would've been SOMEWHAT BS also, since that was of the past).

But, Twogenders? What?!

Name a single character in WoW that has a name with two words stuck together that isn't a nickname. I'll wait.
    ... the entire Wildhammer Clan, that's like, what, 50 Dwarves? And the Stormpikes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    'Twogenders'

Blizzard Naming Rules: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/34530

First rule broken: Consist of a partial or complete sentence contained within the name (Hihowareyou, Ilikebeans). (Minor Violation)

Second rule broken: Have racial, ethnic, or national connotations. (Serious Violation)

Third rule broken: Negatively refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players (Severe Violation)

He's lucky to have just gotten a warning, then he pushed back and, rightfully, got banned.

Say what you want, but 'Two Genders' is just an angry meme meant to make people who feel like they fit into neither category uncomfortable, as if something is wrong with them. It has no place in an online world, where Gender is irrelevant, and where many people escape life into.
    Thanks. Nice summary

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    So someone on the wow forums posted this link, asking how his name was not allowed.

Chat with the GM

Well, it dawned on me that this GM's words about "Gender identity not being for kids 12 and under" are contradictory to the fact, that this game has "suggestive content" that actually showcases this sort of thing to its players, which leads me to believe that the GM is full of shit.

For example, quests such as Unlikely Seduction, a quest about an NPC named Levia Laurence, who is depicted as being into fucking hot female demon ladies, show us gender identity; yet a player name called Twogenders is bad for some odd reason?

Hmm weird...

Oh wait no, twogenders actually goes against their belief in 63 genders! Yeah well, I guess saying there are only 2 genders might turn kids into homophobic haters or something... LOL

Basically, if you do or say anything against their beliefs you will have action taken against you.

Makes perfect sense right?

I'm a fair guy though, so let's have a friendly discussion!

Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?
    The point of the demon being a succubus in form at least early on, and if you haven't noticed they are equally capable in gameplay of seducing either gender.
    So your point is what exactly ?

The content you use to support your argument isn't even close to what you describe.
    Conveniently omitting most of it, and then ignoring how said demons operate in gameplay in many other areas of the game does not make an argument.

It could have easily been resolved via a different means.

If you disagreed with the policy, you should have gone with that.
    Instead of fabricating an accusation of hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

"Are trademarked or licensed by a company or an individual."

I mean... Does it really need explaining?

The only thing "Twogenders" falls under is "Are otherwise considered inappropriate for the game world." Which is it. No need to bring identity politics into the game.
    Skulltaker isn't trademarked or licensed by anyone. There is an NPC in World of WarCraft by the same name. The Warhammer Character in Question is licensed under 'U'zuhl the Skulltaker', as 'Skulltaker' is to generic a name as to be licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    'Twogenders'

Blizzard Naming Rules: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/34530

First rule broken: Consist of a partial or complete sentence contained within the name (Hihowareyou, Ilikebeans). (Minor Violation)

Second rule broken: Have racial, ethnic, or national connotations. (Serious Violation)

Third rule broken: Negatively refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players (Severe Violation)

He's lucky to have just gotten a warning, then he pushed back and, rightfully, got banned.

Say what you want, but 'Two Genders' is just an angry meme meant to make people who feel like they fit into neither category uncomfortable, as if something is wrong with them. It has no place in an online world, where Gender is irrelevant, and where many people escape life into.
    Honestly, he got it easy. They first just asked him to switch the name without any warning or so. And after that they only gave him 24h suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Whisperwind, Stormrage, Hellscream, Greymane, Bronzebeard and those are just off the top of my head. You obviously know the first names.

Oh and Windrunner. If I can think of any more I'll let you know.

As @Skulltaker posted. Blackmoore, Proudmoore and Trollbane.

Some others would be Brightwing, Hawkspear, Sunstrider, Stormstout, Foxton and Dawnblade.
    I just keep quoting his 'name a single character' post and browse through the namelists of 'famous' WoW characters. Like in some movies where people keep listing stuff in conversations, and the list goes on and on and on... thanks for the support, though =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Offended? No. Not at all. But they told him to change it, he changed it with a single letter that sure feels like it's meant to be a fuck you to the process.

Look, use fantasy names. Quit dragging real world shit and your opinions into the game. It's not hard.
    I don't see the problem with players bringing real world shit in the game, unless it's truly offensive. I only draw the line when game companies do so, like for example the whole Jagex debable few months ago. He shouldn't have been asked to change his name in the first place. It seems pretty stupid to me that Blizzard is now suddenly policing names.

Also just found out there's actually a naming policy in WoW. That alone seems silly to me, at least the minor violations category does. I seriously hope Blizzard doesn't force players with those kind of names to change their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Depends on the GM, had a buddy get a 3 day ban for inappropriate names (last one that did was Dildozer lol)

but that's besides the point, he wasn't suspended for the name, he was suspended for changing twogenders to twoogenders, circumventing the force name change.
    I've never been actually contacted by a GM. I simply got disconnected every time, then got an automated email saying my name was reported too many times and has been autoflagged for name change. But it didn't even care if you rename it the same name. I would imagine me reusing same name 8 times in a row would be circumventing? Must depend if your name is manually flagged, or autoflagged. My name gets reported regularly and happens every few months but isn't offensive so maybe that is the difference.

Violation: Inappropriate Name

Your fellow players reported your in-game name as inappropriate multiple times.
    Last edited by flyingspatula; 2017-09-08 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Like skulltaker. Geez, some people. Amiright?
    Skulltaker is not a political statements as the name "twogenders" obviously was meant to be.
    You brake the rules you get punished. No hypocrisies anywhere....

OK, so let me get this straight lol.......

It's not considered OK to talk about "gender politics" in a "game for 12 year old children," but then it's OK for them to see toons being attacked and mutilated in all manner of gruesome ways???

Am I the only one here who thinks this is EXTREMELY absurd and out of touch with reality???

Anyone??
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-08 at 11:34 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How so? The GM took action towards a player for breaking the rules.
    It's not that the GM distributed a punishment, it's how poorly they explained what the punishment was for.

How about make the game mature???

Fixed......
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    OK, so let me get this straight lol.......

It's not considered OK to talk about "gender politics" in a "game for 12 year old children," but then it's OK for them to see toons being attacked and mutilated in all manner of gruesome ways???

Am I the only one here who thinks this is EXTREMELY absurd and out of touch with reality???

Anyone??
    Just a shit GM doing a shit job.

When creating a character game lets you choose between two genders but naming your char twogenders is bringing politics into game and is some kind of violation?... dafuk
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-09-08 at 11:40 PM.

I got the whole topic entirely different from you: When i see a character with the name "twogenders" i do not think "oh, that player wants to make a political statement that rejetcs the leftist idea of more than two genders existing for humans!"...no. What i think is that player meant this character had two genders...as in hermaphrodite. To me, this is at the same level of calling your character "smalldick" or "noboobs"....and i totally agree with the GM that such names have no place in an online game at all.

Even if your understanding is right...i think wow would be a far better game if actual names would be better enforced. What are "names"? That what you would actually give to your own children.

Imagine a kid in school named "Johnny Whisperwind". Would he get ridiculed for that name? Probably. But now imagine "Johnny Twogenders". Now tell me that guy would not have a LOT of hermaphrodite-themed abuse coming his way.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2017-09-08 at 11:53 PM.