Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Angry Suspended on WoW forums after posting a guild recruitment post

Greetings,

This account has been suspended from the Blizzard Forums for a violation of the Code of Conduct: https://battle.net/forums/code-of-conduct/

Reason: Spamming / Trolling
    Date actioned: Fri Sep 08 22:34:42 GMT 2017
    Action ending: Mon Sep 11 22:34:42 GMT 2017
    Reported post: Author: Daydreamblvr, L28 Troll Shaman,
    Forum: Emerald Dream
    Topic: [Horde] Bai Bai Bai
    Reply: #1
    Date: Sep 8, 2017 10:30:06 AM
    Newly formed and Emerald Dream's premier heterophobic guild currently recruiting all levels, classes, and races for fun & excitement. Weekly contests. Recruitment bonuses for recruiting 5 people. We've got a 6 slot guild bank & I just stocked it with lots of goodies to help you level up your professions. Glyphs. potions, ready made enchantments, gear, and food will be in there shortly. Once more higher level people are in the guild, we'll try to get some of those other cool achievements knocked out of the way so people can get mounts, pets, better tabards, and whatnot. Male Blood Elves and "female" Orcs strongly encouraged to join. PST for more info or an invite. See you in game!
    [Edited By Daydreamblvr]

--------------------------------

We recommend taking this time to read our forum code of conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) to avoid future violations. Your support in helping us maintain this goal is appreciated.

If you believe the post above is not in violation of the forum code of conduct and you wish to appeal the suspension, please submit a ticket through our support site: https://us.battle.net/support/en/hel...lenet/665/1032

If you would like to contest this forum action, please submit a Customer Support request:
    https://battle.net/support/help/product/services/665

Regards,

The Forum Moderation Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    This is utter bullcrap! I posted on the official WoW forums under the server my character & guild are on for a guild recruitment. Nobody in LFG or Trade channels have said anything negative about my recruitment but apparently someone on the damn forums reported me for it. Bullcrap!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

premier heterophobic guild

This is utter bullcrap! I posted on the official WoW forums under the server my character & guild are on for a guild recruitment. Nobody in LFG or Trade channels have said anything negative about my recruitment but apparently someone on the damn forums reported me for it. Bullcrap!
    Discrimination bro is what i see, even if is a joke.
    But you could also had posted in the wrong section.

7+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do think the Looking for Players - PvE is where the Guild recruitment is suppose to be. I do, however, find it strange that they banned you outright for just one mistake. Did you make the same thread on several different sub-forums there?
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Newly formed and Emerald Dream's premier heterophobic guild
    Uh huh.

Not surprised someone reported it, i would of too. Even as a joke its stupid on so many levels.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know exactly why you were banned.

Sarcasm and humor doesn't translate well to text (unless you are an author telling a story that can make use of tone- it doesn't work in a quick post).

My guess is Blizz mistook your "jokes" for violations of the conduct code.

Also, it is possible that some people complained about it and they caused the action against you.

Just a word of advice (take it or leave it), when posting in any "official" type of forum or sitem, leave the "colorful" humor out- people might not "get it."

Just leave out politics and social issues out of the game and you won't be banned.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    given that you only a couple of days ago made a thread about how you were so insanely proud of trolling the official forums you were probably on thin ice as it was, then you post that. you got banned for a very clear reason, and now you're here whining about it like the troll you are. grow up.

He's also whinging about a 3 day ban. Oh the horror.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HasturTheKing View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do think the Looking for Players - PvE is where the Guild recruitment is suppose to be. I do, however, find it strange that they banned you outright for just one mistake. Did you make the same thread on several different sub-forums there?
    I went to the Emerald Dream realm forums and posted my guild recruitment there like everyone else does that recruits for guilds on the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    given that you only a couple of days ago made a thread about how you were so insanely proud of trolling the official forums you were probably on thin ice as it was, then you post that. you got banned for a very clear reason, and now you're here whining about it like the troll you are. grow up.
    Yes I trolled the Proudmoore forums for something else. This post I just made was 100% legit and I got banned for it.

It took me exactly 3 seconds to see why you were suspended. Honestly....

hmm.. switch heterophobic with homophobic and you see how discriminatory and derogatory that guild recruitment is lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It took me exactly 3 seconds to see why you were suspended. Honestly....
    Took him less than that before he even looked in his inbox, I am sure he posted this for amusement.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    premier heterophobic guild
    oh man this is just hillarious, i know you must be a troll but i really hope youre serious
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

and you should be suspended on here for spamming/trolling as well, you know why you were banned, pretending to be ignorant is not innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Took him less than that before he even looked in his inbox, I am sure he posted this for amusement.
    Apparently no matter how obvious the troll we aren't allowed to call a troll a troll anymore :/ But this OP...i mean yea...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Apparently no matter how obvious the troll we aren't allowed to call a troll a troll anymore :/ But this OP...i mean yea...
    I would pay to see him not only banned but perma banned for shitty trolling LMFAO!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I would pay to see him not only banned but perma banned for shitty trolling LMFAO!
    Agreed, when it's that obvious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    oh man this is just hillarious, i know you must be a troll but i really hope youre serious
    I was dead serious. I was actually headed to the forums to update my post to read "Male Blood Elves, Panda, twinks, and "female" Orcs strongly encouraged to join" but when I got there is when I found out I was suspended.

I was dead serious. I was actually headed to the forums to update my post to read "Male Blood Elves, Panda, twinks, and "female" Orcs strongly encouraged to join" but when I got there is when I found out I was suspended.
    Not....even.....trying