Poll: Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I once reported some lowbie named Heatler in a random level 40s battleground and he got instantly removed.

Regardless of that, I report names all the time.

I entered the game in 2004 on an RP server, and chat/name rules were much much stricter back then too...
    You sound like a fun, laid back guy to hang out with and just chill. Do you constantly tell people at parties that you're a 10 year member of MMO-Champion, too?

His name is true, there really are just 2 genders in the human race. Anything else is just mentally ill folks trying to justified a made up gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    His name is true, there really are just 2 genders in the human race. Anything else is just mentally ill folks trying to justified a made up gender.
    Gender is a social construct. There's no biological basis for it. You're thinking of sexes.

While I agree it was a stupid name, a ban was not justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    Dude they have lesbian and gay people in wow, why give this guy a name change?
    Ugh, seriously they've sunken that low? Might not resub afterall.

The player was clearly being confrontational and "against the man" when he changed his name to essentially the same one and then challenged the GM.

If he doesn't know why he got banned after changing his name to almost the same name, then he's an idiot. That's why he got banned, not the name. The name was banned because a phrase seeped in gender identity arguments has no place in WoW.

OP, I seriously question your sensibilities if you can compare sexual content to a gender identity discussion. It's against the ToS to have a name like Twogenders just like it'd be against the ToS to have the name Trumpsucks or Leftwingagenda. These names are against the rules that you yourself agreed to when you signed up for the game and a GM's shoddy explanation if it doesn't change it, and they sure as hell weren't being a "hypocrite" for being a GM at a company for a game they may not even play.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    While I agree it was a stupid name, a ban was not justified.

Ugh, seriously they've sunken that low? Might not resub afterall.
    Well the suspension was justified.

He was asked to change it and tried to be a smartass about it by changing it to be essentially identical. He was therefore punished for breaking the rules after being asked/warned once.

He took the chance he was given for breaking the rules and essentially abused that chance. Therefore the suspension.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-09 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Also this. But it wouldnt surprise me if Activision-Blizzard is supportive of psychiatric diseases.

On a side note, if it is true that the game now has homophile characters, and the gm specifically points out that the game is for 12 year olds, it could be a crime in Russia. I live part-time in Saint Petersburg and have russian visa and also a russian wow account (my main original account is EU-english though) and there is a federal law in Russia against gay propaganda directed at children.

One could probably make a case here to have Activision-Blizzard either remove this material completely or at least on Russian servers, or have the game banned entirely in Russia. This would probably mean a total shitstorm for Activision-Blizzard (consider the 2009 ban of WOW in China, which led to loss of hundreds of millions, if not billions..) if someone was to proceed with such a legal case. I'm sure Activision-Blizzard, with a steady decrease in wow-consumers, would /not/ like this at all. Hopefully no one reading this will get any ideas

but if you do, remember this post
    Last edited by ReleaseDay; 2017-09-14 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Also this. But it wouldnt surprise me if Activision-Blizzard is supportive of psychiatric diseases.

On a side note, if it is true that the game no has homophile characters, and the gm specifically points out that the game is for 12 year olds, it could be a crime in Russia. I live part-time in Saint Petersburg and have russian visa and also a russian wow account (my main original account is EU-english though) and there is a federal law in Russia against gay propaganda directed at children.

One could probably make a case here to have Activision-Blizzard either remove this material completely or at least on Russian servers, or have the game banned entirely in Russia. This would probably mean a total shitstorm for Activision-Blizzard (consider the 2009 ban of WOW in China, which led to loss of hundreds of millions, if not billions..) if someone was to proceed with such a legal case. I'm sure Activision-Blizzard, with a steady decrease in wow-consumers, would /not/ like this at all. Hopefully no one reading this will get any ideas

but if you do, remember this post
    Good on Russia for not supporting such a disgusting propaganda that could influence and brainwash the youth.

Honestly the guy was just baiting shit just to bait. It's his own fault. It's not what Blizzard's view on the topic is, it's simply a controversial subject that the player got reported for.

Him being a moron and just saying "But I was in a raiiiiiiid!" is a bullshit excuse lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    Oh while Blizzard has their politics?
    Explain to me what "politics" blizzard has lol

And even if they have a bias towards the left (which is likely due to the fact it's a gaming company which attracts that demographic), they're a fucking company. Deal with it.

Blizzard is not the government.
    Blizzard owns World of Warcraft, what they want to do with it is completely up to them.
    If you don't like it, vote with your wallet.

While I can understand why the namechange was forced, I also think this is more a mirror of how ridiculously oversaturated this discussion is on social media. Yes it can be seen as offensive, yes it's blizzards property and they can do whatever they want with it, but to me this is on the same level as that guy being removed as a caster on a baseball game because his name was similar to that of an ancient slaveowner.

Oversensitivity is becoming more and more apparent as time goes on.

Deleted
    This seems like horseshit. The bad grammar and ammount of typos from that "GM".. ain't bying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandir View Post
    Here is the Naming Policy World of Warcraft

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/34530

Serious violations include any names that:

Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people, be they in the game or external.[

Negatively refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players.
    Personally, this is what I'd have bolded in relation to this thread. As others have said, flagged-for-name-change dude knew what they were doing. The name change, temp ban, and the resulting drama (which makes me scoff at OP's claims that the player is not them. Not super likely to just 'happen' to have that screenshot.) were a foregone conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    i got all my vaccines because not being dead is pretty cool

It's weird to me how someone can act so clueless as to why their name is a problem while being coherent enough to pretend to debate.

Aren't multi-word names and semi-sentences technically against the ToS anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    You picked a name that you knew would be an issue, but when it became an issue you saw a problem with those you knew would have a problem with it, WoW would have been better to just ban you for good.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Then Blizz should change the character creation menu as well, because it is too has only two genders just like the guy's name. lol stupid pc bs

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just have said 'It's a troll name to stir bullshit.' and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    With that response, the player in question was obviously looking to "troll", so I feel no real pity for them.
    Should've renamed to Wronggender imho.

Could be a teaser for the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    "I got in trouble, what's wrong with them?" is a terrible attitude. Arguing to try and get out of trouble on a game is childish. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree because you aren't in a position to make that call, and at the end of the day it's a game. Be an adult, accept it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    It has to do with politics because his name is a troll statement, akin to something like "godisfake" or "nukeisis". He's blatantly trolling the lgbtq community who for a while now have been pushing the social acceptance of gender fluidity (meaning, you can identify as male, female, transmale, transfemale, etc.)

The name "twogenders" is bluntly stating you side with the alt-right who see "gender fluidity" as a mental disorder. "There are only two genders, male or female, you are born one or the other and that's final!" Is the counter argument. Thus, his name is politically motivated and the ban is fine.

Half my names are taunts and insults since I'm a heavy PvPer, but I don't attack real-world personal beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    read your first sentence. That's what it has to do with politics. Also... self-awareness. Check it out (you LITERALLY made a political post and then asked why the is political. Come on...)
    I always thought that gender is a matter of biology/anatomy, not politics. Why it should be matter of politics?
    Do any gender can be used as an advantage? (like: -" he's transfemale - burn him!" or "You're firing me only because I'm transmale! - I'm going to sue you for that!" )
    If so, then something is wrong.