Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    But it also led to the undeath of his people.
    Perhaps he is off trying to get rid of that pesky curse?
    If his disappearance is actually something, I'd say his recent adventure has awakened him from centuries of self-deprecation and he's looking for something or someone to take the fight to Azshara.

Farondis was underdeveloped in Legion, but I think he still has the potential to become the iconic "night elf rebel" who dared saying no to the queen when everyone else was madly in love with her and the power she provided. He could be a better Illidan. A smarter one.

He could be researching the MacGuffin of the next expansion, the weapon/power to defeat the naga and stop an invasion. Or maybe he's just gone somewhere to reflect on his actions and what happened to his people, to regain strength and motivation to finally do something.

Or maybe he's just sick of being hated and has become a hermit in some cave.

In any case, I very much doubt he's gone and joined his biggest enemy.

Edit: Or yes, he could have been captured by Azshara. The sad part being that nobody has cared enough to tell us to go save him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    He might have been taken. LUL
    Well being taken =/= regretting of his decision and go 180. And how you take incorporeal being? Joking.

Do ya magic thing, pull out something. LUL
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    With your "Magic", could you try to get something from the files?
    I had a quick check but don't see any new voice files for Idri, nor do I see any Farondis related file changes. I'm guessing these were mostly serverside changes which are more Simca's territory. I'll ask.

7+ Year Old Account
    HAve you guys seen the Farondis thing? He's gone.
    this is quite interesting... someone belive that the Lucid nightmare is a clue about next expansion and could hint to where N'zoth is:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-(speculation)

Now this Farondis thing could be related to the Tidestone of Golganneth.
    When Azshara destroyed the Tidestone, caused a massive ley-line explosion and a massive tsunami. Now she sent Sassz'ine and Harjatan to claim the Tidestone.
    Also, Aegwynn's Image about of the Tidestone says: "From this stone flowed rivers and seas, the very lifeblood of Azeroth" and even Xal'atath talk about that...

Maybe she wanna use the tidestone for her purpose and Farondis is trying to stop her.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    this is quite interesting... someone belive that the Lucid nightmare is a clue about next expansion and could hint to where N'zoth is:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-(speculation)

Now this Farondis thing could be related to the Tidestone of Golganneth.
    When Azshara destroyed the Tidestone, caused a massive ley-line explosion and a massive tsunami. Now she sent Sassz'ine and Harjatan to claim the Tidestone.
    Also, Aegwynn's Image about of the Tidestone says: "From this stone flowed rivers and seas, the very lifeblood of Azeroth" and even Xal'atath talk about that...

Maybe she wanna use the tidestone for her purpose and Farondis is trying to stop her.
    So if Blizzard will redesign Kalimdor/EK in next expansion instead of fire (Deathwing) it will be water (tsunami and floods)? Sounds cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe something related to that unknown force lying dormant under Kara? I'm a sucker for everything Kara-related, and the oh-so speculated Lower Karazhan would work nicely as a portal to the Twisting Nether, which would open lots of possible surrealistic themes for an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Maybe something related to that unknown force lying dormant under Kara? I'm a sucker for everything Kara-related, and the oh-so speculated Lower Karazhan would work nicely as a portal to the Twisting Nether, which would open lots of possible surrealistic themes for an expansion.
    They burned that out if I recall correctly. I think they did lower karazhan(Or did they I dunno). I like your idea though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I wouldn't mind the raid along with 7.3.5 being delayed a month or so for mid december, or even mid january. Since ToS in my opinion should last a bit longer than NH because its a bit harder.
    I think a December 5th release is good. exactly 6 months. If they forsee a draught longer than 9 months, delaying it to early Jan is also possible.

Farondis is an excellent hint at what's to come!

I feel like the Farondis thing is nothing. If it was supposed to be an indicator of something then an NPC would at least note his absence.

He still voices world quests - just did the one to get the recipes from the priestesses so icy-veins is wrong. In fact the only world quests that icy-veins even shows pictures of are world quests that Nightwatcher Idri always voiced since launch.

its literally nothing, this thread is sad af, clinging to the most random shit - also blizzard is garbage at building hype apparently, halfway to blizzcon and not even a real hint

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    its literally nothing, this thread is sad af, clinging to the most random shit - also blizzard is garbage at building hype apparently, halfway to blizzcon and not even a real hint
    The whole point of this thread is wild speculation, dork. And Blizzard has released hints, look at the KT armor set.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    And Blizzard has released hints, look at the KT armor set.
    And Jaina as a WoW Blizzcon key art.

inb4 Farondis is just a really half-assed attempt at replacing a badly contracted VO/VA

I think 7.3.5 will give some hints about next xpac.

Has this NPC always been here investigating the "scorch" marks?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

Nope. Another hint?

Can't you check that? Like physically check that based on file changes or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Nope. Another hint?
    Nah. She was added with 7.3 like the Doomsayers and the scorch marks are clearly fel-magic based. She's over at the edge of Krasus landing and she has some other alternate lines when you approach, including:

"The Council is aware of the situation. They ask that you remain calm until their assessment is complete."
    and
    "Don't get too close, <name>. This area was hit recently. It's not safe."

7+ Year Old Account

Nope. she appeared the same time as doomsayers came to Dalaran.