Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

He's correct straight people aren't fucking oppressed or denied shit like cake services or the right to be honored for their sacrifices.
    Saying you can't have a parade for straight people and saying it's homophobic to even ask for one is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right...I put "as a rule" because I am not aware of all the laws in every country and seeing that people here still discuss if it was discrimination (did they refuse the people, or refuse the cake?) and other legal fineprint, I am out of that part. I mean...the guy pulled the religion card, that counts big in America too, right?

Still leaves the question why this needed the SJW and Nazi angle? To me it actually would be the "religion poisons everything" angle. Because THAT started the whole thing

(Personally I think the baker is an idiot....and the couple, too. Way to blow this out of proportion)
    Bullshit I'm sick of these closed mind homophobic assholes getting a pass on hate using religious freedoms that don't apply to make people of faith and decent human beings look like shit.

These people are morons fuck religion they can stop hiding their hate behind it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    It's a fucking cake. For a wedding. Refusing to make someone a cake isn't illegal.
    Gender discrimination is illegal.

Literally all of your examples are literal crimes that include harm to other people.
    Oh, so NOW you want to restrict the freedoms of private businesses. Make up your mind.

You aren't gonna die cuz a bigot didn't make you a cake.
    No, but there are plenty of similar scenarios where this kind of discrimination you're endorsing very well could kill people. Say...if an insurance company wants to discriminate against them.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Please explain to me what is so wrong with a completely privately funded and operated business operating in whatever way it wants? This country is supposed to be about freedom and yet so many seem to want the freedoms of private entities restricted.

Anything publicly funded should obviously not be allowed to discriminate whatsoever, it's funded by all people, and yeah things like grocery stores or other vital places SHOULD be publicly funded, but luxury goods aren't required whatsoever to live, and just because someone else wants to express their own views through their own business doesn't mean you should be allowed to force your views onto their business.

They lose business doing stupid things like this, and will die out soon enough considering the younger generation is significantly less homophobic,racist, etc. I really don't see how you can actually argue that a private business shouldn't be allowed to run itself the way it wants. IF you can explain to me then please do, I do want to know what makes it ok to force your views on something they own that doesn't provide vital services to you.
    God damnet I didn't wanna keep doing this but I'll try again. So two things:

1) The Civil Rights Act of 1964 basically outlawed businesses discriminating against people based on race

2) This one is a little more in depth but is certainly economically possible. Imagine if a business chooses to become discriminatory to a minority group. For example lets say they don't sell to gay people. Now sure it may seem like they would lose business and go under because they are closing themselves off to a groups money. But what if that business only lost .05% of its profits by not accepting those customers. It certainly is agreeable to think that other people (Bleeding Hearts) would boycott this business because of their discriminatory policy. But what if this was a rural area where those boycotting still weren't enough to force the business to lose enough money to close down. Or maybe this business was a natural monopoly like cable or electricity where there's only one per county.

There's a lot of scenarios where just discriminating against a minority group isn't enough to make the business close down. So what if this business is actually really good at what it does? What if they become so good they can sell at the cheapest rate, and provide the best product? That's great for them but they still discriminate against a minority group. This means that small group of people can't enjoy the best service/product purely because of how they were born. This freedom of business has created a second class citizen that suffers economic restrictions in the free market due to discrimination.

Unrelated to the discrimination policy. Think for a minute about how terrible of an idea it was when business got to operate in "anyway they want." They would dump their pollution into rivers and lakes, pay their employees next to nothing not to mention the serious issues monopolies posed during the Gilded Age.
    Last edited by Sormine; 2017-09-09 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Saying you can't have a parade for straight people and saying it's homophobic to even ask for one is just ridiculous.
    No one's physically or legally stopping you from doing so. They're just saying you'd be a twat if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    No one's physically or legally stopping you from doing so. They're just saying you'd be a twat if you did.
    That's still ridiculous as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    No to ask is ridiculous and to pretend to not know why and pretend it's hatred of straight people is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    This has probably been asked, but to people against this ruling, should a gay baker be forced to make a "God Hates Fags" cake or a Jewish baker a "Neo-Nazi" cake?
    Political affiliations aren't a protected class.

On a side note, why would a gay person want to give money to a baker that discriminates against them? I'd take my money elsewhere if I was treated disrespectfully and not ask the government to use its guns to force non-violent people to act against their moral conscience. They may be dicks, but that should be their right in a free society.
    And if you can't?

10+ Year Old Account
    No it is fucking not why would straight people need a goddamn parade?

Why to straight people need a parade? Are they being murdered for being straight?

No to ask is ridiculous and to pretend to not know why and pretend it's hatred of straight people is stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Why to straight people need a parade? Are they being murdered for being straight?
    You don't need a parade no matter who you are.

Maybe telling people that are being murdered for who they are that they don't deserve solidarity is...kind of the reason people are calling you a twat.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Well obviously gay people do because of dipshits that want to discriminate and mock by having a straight pride parade.

Gay people aren't seen enough as marines firefighters police doctors etc. especially when stupid people dismiss them as degenerated because of who people love. Yes a parade is needed to show visibility to show the value our society gets by letting them in everywhere.

Company refuse service to neo nazi/homophobe and/or fire someone for being one :

SJW : OMG PRIVATE company can do whatever they want cause hur dur private and they are heroes

a Private bakery refuse to make a cake for someone being gay :

SJW : BRING PITCHFORK this bloody neo nazi must be impaled and then burned , Government also should seize his asset and donate it LGBTQCRYANDWHINE movement !

Maybe telling people that are being murdered for who they are that they don't deserve solidarity is...kind of the reason people are calling you a twat.
    Maybe you should enact laws to protect them rather than thinking a parade fixes the problems.

Gender discrimination is illegal.

Oh, so NOW you want to restrict the freedoms of private businesses. Make up your mind.

No, but there are plenty of similar scenarios where this kind of discrimination you're endorsing very well could kill people. Say...if an insurance company wants to discriminate against them.
    First, I said luxury goods. Things that aren't required to live. There is no reason that a country founded on and touts freedom should restrict completely privately owned businesses from operating how they see fit if they aren't actually hurting anyone.
    Refusing a cake to a kids birthday or to a gay couples wedding is the same thing. They lose business and only hurt themselves.

Pouring acid in rivers and killing your customers isn't legal period. Why are you trying to argue with such a stupid point? Can you not see how stupid that point is?

Insurance is already a fucked up business that lives on killing people, and sure I'll give you that one but that's a whole other issue that needs addressed on it's own. It isn't, and should not be, a private business nor is it a luxury good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    God damnet I didn't wanna keep doing this but I'll try again. So two things:

1) The Civil Rights Act of 1964 basically outlawed businesses discriminating against people based on race

2) This one is a little more in depth but is certainly economically possible. Imagine if a business chooses to become discriminatory to a minority group. For example lets say they don't sell to gay people. Now sure it may seem like they would lose business and go under because they are closing themselves off to a groups money. But what if that business only lost .05% of its profits by not accepting those customers. It certainly is agreeable to think that other people (Bleeding Hearts) would boycott this business because of their discriminatory policy. But what if this was a rural area where those boycotting still weren't enough to force the business to lose enough money to close down. Or maybe this business was a natural monopoly like cable or electricity where there's only one per county.

There's a lot of scenarios where just discriminating against a minority group isn't enough to make the business close down. So what if this business is actually really good at what it does? What if they become so good they can sell at the cheapest rate, and provide the best product? That's great for them but they still discriminate against a minority group. This means that small group of people can't enjoy the best service/product purely because of how they were born. This freedom of business has created a second class citizen that suffers economic restrictions in the free market due to discrimination.

Unrelated to the discrimination policy. Think for a minute about how terrible of an idea it was when business got to operate in "anyway they want." They would dump their pollution into rivers and lakes, pay their employees next to nothing not to mention the serious issues monopolies posed during the Gilded Age.
    I'm sorry to keep it going then, but I never said any business, I said luxury goods. I think it's completely fair for anyone to discriminate who they serve if their product isn't vital to survive. Electricity is already a utility, internet should be, and many other goods that aren't should very much be moved in that direction. But a cake for an already unneeded ceremony, is a pure luxury good.

I've mentioned it above enough, but I'm not saying businesses can do whatever they want, obviously toxic dumping and harming your workers or whatever is already against other laws, but that has nothing to do with it and I don't understand why you would jump all the way to that being what I said.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2017-09-09 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Company refuse service to neo nazi/homophobe and/or fire someone for being one :

SJW : OMG PRIVATE company can do whatever they want cause hur dur private and they are heroes

SJW : BRING PITCHFORK this bloody neo nazi must be impaled and then burned , Government also should seize his asset and donate it LGBTQCRYANDWHINE movement !
    You aren't born a white supremacist neo nazi. Nice try.

Well obviously gay people do because of dipshits that want to discriminate and mock by having a straight pride parade.
    You don't discriminate nor do you mock by having a parade for straight people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Irony is that people who were clapping for this are now deeply offended by the same thing. Double meter.

How many people was killed last year for specifically being gay? Give me some numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post

It's almost like there's a different between holding shitty political beliefs and being LGBT.