Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Your method is not universally adoptable - that means it is irrelevant as advice.
    Says the guy who had the advice of "just mow a lawn or two", as opposed to the person who advised to craft items in the game. I know with winter coming, there will be lots of lawns for me to mow now, if I wanted to. Or for people who live in major cities, like NYC...lots of lawns there to mow as well. Even students who live in dorms, or people who live in apartment buildings; they always own a lawnmower or two! But, you're right...crafting items in the game is irrelevant advice, unlike the universally adoptable mowing a lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yep - 150k gold vs $15 ... mow a lawn or two each month is way more time efficient than farming 150k gold just for your sub.
    Last edited by Feel The Power; 2017-09-09 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How do you mean? I play the game for free with tokes, I pay 12 euros without...
    The price of the current tokens is about 239.000 if I recall. Below 200.000 gold it is worth it but above, I just find it cheaper to subscribe. 12 euro's is nothing a month. WoW is still the cheapest hobby of interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Really? Im in EU and earn about 350k gold just by playing the game. I dont farm, dont play AH. Just class halls missions and WQs, some flask crafting (dont farm mats, just buying).
    Currently, I do achievements, old raids, sometimes clean my bank guild, class halls and just the needed WQ's. I earn enough but above 200k, it is cheaper for me to subscribe. 12 euro is like, 15-20 minutes of work on my salary, which isn't the greatest but still.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The price of the current tokens is about 239.000 if I recall. Below 200.000 gold it is worth it but above, I just find it cheaper to subscribe. 12 euro's is nothing a month. WoW is still the cheapest hobby of interest.
    "Find it cheaper"?
    Not worth it maybe?

Some of us have been at the gold cap many times over for a long time. There is not much else to spend it one after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't payed for my WoW sub since introduction of the token and not gonna start now. 250k a month is cheap, at least for me since I can make around 100k Gold on a good day.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Find it cheaper"?
    Not worth it maybe?

Some of us have been at the gold cap many times over for a long time. There is not much else to spend it one after all.
    It is worth it to have game time just not earning as much gold as I used to. As well, I can't get myself to pay 240k gold pr. token pr. month. I wasn't believing the price would skyrocket, so hating myself for not stocking up. Then again, realized that my job is at a pay limit that basically means I won't even feel that I am paying a subscription.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have paid for sub through WoW-tokens(EU) since it came halfway in WoD. Paid for realm/faction change, bought mount, bought Overwatch through battle.net balance. Never really farmed much just to get gold, crafted some legendaries etc, but most comes from normal play. Get stuff, sell stuff, but not grinding. Having 4-5 chars with gold missions, different professions etc.

Now, people who play 5-6 hours a week vs one who plays 5-6 hours a day is of course a big difference. 13euros a month is not expensive at all, but if you got the gold, why not just buy a WoW-token

Just flip some obliterum if your realm can support that. I've made 1,7kk gold in about 15 days from that. Granted I was undercutting like a bot, but that's a year of gametime and not having to do anything gold-related.

It is worth it to have game time just not earning as much gold as I used to. As well, I can't get myself to pay 240k gold pr. token pr. month. I wasn't believing the price would skyrocket, so hating myself for not stocking up. Then again, realized that my job is at a pay limit that basically means I won't even feel that I am paying a subscription.
    Spending time learning the AH is not for everyone.
    If you make your gold farming and such, I get why paying over 200k might be a tad too much.

All I'm saying is that if you really want to, making the gold needed doesn't take that much effort and paying nothing sure is cheaper than paying, well... anything.

Whether it's worth it or not is subjective, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Just flip some obliterum if your realm can support that. I've made 1,7kk gold in about 15 days from that. Granted I was undercutting like a bot, but that's a year of gametime and not having to do anything gold-related.
    Pretty much this.
    You don't have to no-life WoW to pay for Game-time with token, just know your market and play it for like an hour a day.

I make 2 EUR per hour if I wanted to convert my country's currency to EUR, so yeah gold is the way to go for me.
    But if you don't live in a country with shitty economy like mine, I don't see why you wouldn't pay in real money specially on EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    I make 2 EUR per hour if I wanted to convert my country's currency to EUR, so yeah gold is the way to go for me.
    But if you don't live in a country with shitty economy like mine, I don't see why you wouldn't pay in real money specially on EU.
    Yap kinda the same here. That 2nd or 3rd guy who replied saying he makes 30 an hour? Fawk me i want his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spending time learning the AH is not for everyone.
    Oh, no no, my friend. I have no need to spend time learning the AH. I know the AH. I just don't see myself time to do it. Everything I find, scavenge or save, all goes to my bank guild and rots there for about 3 months, then I sell it all and earn about 300-800k give or take on how stubborn I end up being. Though, I don't 'play' the auction, I am just a salesman, basically. A supplier. I am the one people rage at for undercutting.

If you make your gold farming and such, I get why paying over 200k might be a tad too much.
    Paying over 200k is also too much due to my expansion trust fund. I have a rule, before each expansion, every max level must have 50.000 gold available. Means I have 600.000 gold as minimum on lockdown (one server). I just don't have much wanting time, as I used to. I have been in the high income of WoW and I just lost interest, I like to roam around, I pay for people's flying here and there, and so on. I have reached the goal in WoW where everything is just a bonus. Doesn't mean I can't stop myself... What is the term... When even though you have the money, you just don't wish to waste it away.

All I'm saying is that if you really want to, making the gold needed doesn't take that much effort and paying nothing sure is cheaper than paying, well... anything.
    Well, as I said, the time it takes to currently earn 240k gold, is still more time it takes than to earn 12-15 euro. Reason I have no problem with it.

Whether it's worth it or not is subjective, of course.
    Well, for me it overall isn't the price that holds the value but of how much I play the game.

Oh, no no, my friend. I have no need to spend time learning the AH. I know the AH. I just don't see myself time to do it. Everything I find, scavenge or save, all goes to my bank guild and rots there for about 3 months, then I sell it all and earn about 300-800k give or take on how stubborn I end up being. Though, I don't 'play' the auction, I am just a salesman, basically. A supplier. I am the one people rage at for undercutting.

Paying over 200k is also too much due to my expansion trust fund. I have a rule, before each expansion, every max level must have 50.000 gold available. Means I have 600.000 gold as minimum on lockdown (one server). I just don't have much wanting time, as I used to. I have been in the high income of WoW and I just lost interest, I like to roam around, I pay for people's flying here and there, and so on. I have reached the goal in WoW where everything is just a bonus. Doesn't mean I can't stop myself... What is the term... When even though you have the money, you just don't wish to waste it away.

Well, as I said, the time it takes to currently earn 240k gold, is still more time it takes than to earn 12-15 euro. Reason I have no problem with it.

Well, for me it overall isn't the price that holds the value but of how much I play the game.
    And I'm the one buying all your stuff and resell it at a higher price. I thank you for your services.

I don't know about you but I don't turn WoW off a night, thinking "I'm going to head back to the office for a few min to pay for my subscription". Not sure what your salary has to do with anything here. I could be Bill Gates rich and I'd still pick free over paying if the service is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Says the guy who had the advice of "just mow a lawn or two",
    No - says reality.

Well doing an odd job in the real world is not something which impacts other players.
    Selling on the auction house by definition impacts on someone else's ability to use that gold to pay for their sub.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm the one buying all your stuff and resell it at a higher price. I thank you for your services.
    I guess I think you for my gold too. I don't do reselling, don't need to, as long as I earn the value -1g as maximum, I don't care.

I don't know about you but I don't turn WoW off a night, thinking "I'm going to head back to the office for a few min to pay for my subscription".
    Nor do I. I turn my computer off at night thinking, was a good day. Then go to sleep. Then wake up, take care of my family, then go to work, enjoy my job, and get back home to my family. Nothing more. As said, I don't feel the subscription.

Not sure what your salary has to do with anything here. I could be Bill Gates rich and I'd still pick free over paying if the service is the same.
    Time, mate. Time is my currency. If I can pick the free option, I would but it isn't free. Now, I go to work, as work is needed, I have my locked amount of time at work, and it won't be affected to pay 15 minutes for what would/could take 60+ minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Price has nothing to do with Destiny 2, it's 250k in EU so count yourself lucky, you can earn 150kg by just spending a couple of hours of AH every month if you really wanted to.
    It's definitely more expensive than it was in WoD comparatively. If you have a real life job then just pay the sub, otherwise you can just spent a couple of hours on the auction house as a "sidejob" to pay the sub.
    What? of course it does. Everybody rushed out to buy destiny with tokens, wildly inflating the price in the process. It's basic supply/demand. Don't you remember all the articles about how the price went up because of destiny 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Price has nothing to do with Destiny 2, it's 250k in EU so count yourself lucky, you can earn 150kg by just spending a couple of hours of AH every month if you really wanted to.
    It's definitely more expensive than it was in WoD comparatively. If you have a real life job then just pay the sub, otherwise you can just spent a couple of hours on the auction house as a "sidejob" to pay the sub.
    Sadly, Destiny 2 has some to do with the price too. The price is set by market and you can buy Destiny 2 with tokens.

Is it still viable to pay sub with wow tokens?
    The question is if the game in its current state is still worth it to pay with real money. IMO, it is not. I paid for Argus with tokens from the old stock.

I don't know about you but I don't turn WoW off a night, thinking "I'm going to head back to the office for a few min to pay for my subscription". Not sure what your salary has to do with anything here. I could be Bill Gates rich and I'd still pick free over paying if the service is the same.
    If I have the choice between camping AH for hours for good deals to support a hobby over taking an extra hour of overtime and buying several tokens I'll take the one hour every time.

Everything is paid for with time, and being more efficient is simply the more attractive option people who understand this.

1 hour > 1 hour 1 minute.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I think you for my gold too. I don't do reselling, don't need to, as long as I earn the value -1g as maximum, I don't care.

Nor do I. I turn my computer off at night thinking, was a good day. Then go to sleep. Then wake up, take care of my family, then go to work, enjoy my job, and get back home to my family. Nothing more. As said, I don't feel the subscription.

Time, mate. Time is my currency. If I can pick the free option, I would but it isn't free. Now, I go to work, as work is needed, I have my locked amount of time at work, and it won't be affected to pay 15 minutes for what would/could take 60+ minutes.
    This right here.

Time is simply more valuable than some obscure standpoint of "I DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM MONEY"

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    If I have the choice between camping AH for hours for good deals to support a hobby over taking an extra hour of overtime and buying several tokens I'll take the one hour every time.

Everything is paid for with time, and being more efficient is simply the more attractive option people who understand this.

1 hour > 1 hour 1 minute.
    Hours?
    It's a few min every day at most.